WWE Region, Boston Region, First Round: (2) Shawn Michaels vs. (31) Ernie Ladd

Who Wins This Match?

• Shawn Michaels

• Ernie Ladd

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Boston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the TD Garden, Boston.

020_td_garden.jpg

shawnm98.jpg

#2. Shawn Michaels

Vs.

LaddPoker1971_lano.JPG

#31. Ernie Ladd

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

HBK!

Shawn would kick the head of Ernie.
Shawn is the greatest wrestler of all time.
He has done 100X more in the business then Ladd.
Thats just all there is to it.

Ernie mate you have no chance. Shawn michaels without a shadow of a doubt. This guy could do anthing, greatest performer ever to step foot in a ring. I thing thats a good enough reason.

HBK would pick up the victory but this isn't the squash some of you will, and already have, made it out to be. Ernie Ladd was 6'9, over 300 pounds, and he was a tremendous athlete. He spent 8 seasons playing pro football in the AFL, was a 3 time all pro, and is in the San Diego Chargers HOF. Big Cat also won multiple regional titles during his wrestling career and feuded with some of wrestling's biggest names including Andre the Giant. Ladd has been inducted into the WWE, WCW, and Wrestling Observer HOF. HBK ends up winning but not until he goes through a grueling match with a legit HOFer.

This is a match? You should forfeit ernie, becuase theres no way in hell that you could beat the showstopper, hbk. Hbk has accomplished and done more in wwe, never even heard of ernie ladd, but even if i had, hbk would still kick ernies teeth down his throat.

How could you pick against the greatest in ring performer of all time? You couldnt. My vote goes to Mr. WrestleMania, Shawn Michaels.

HBK is one of the best wrestlers of all time, impossible to pick against him when he is named Mr. Wrestlemania and shows so much emotion in the ring and has been apart of some of the biggest matches and feuds in wrestling history.

HBK would pick up the victory but this isn't the squash some of you will, and already have, made it out to be. Ernie Ladd was 6'9, over 300 pounds, and he was a tremendous athlete. He spent 8 seasons playing pro football in the AFL, was a 3 time all pro, and is in the San Diego Chargers HOF. Big Cat also won multiple regional titles during his wrestling career and feuded with some of wrestling's biggest names including Andre the Giant. Ladd has been inducted into the WWE, WCW, and Wrestling Observer HOF. HBK ends up winning but not until he goes through a grueling match with a legit HOFer.

Pretty much this. I see the Big Cat in the mold of a Diesel or Sycho Sid (at least in terms of build/size), and HBK has successfully fended off both of them in the past. Ladd won't be able to offer anything Shawn Michaels hasn't seen before.

My vote, like everyone else goes to Shawn. Ernie Ladd was obviously a big guy, but so weren't Kevin Nash, The Undertaker, and Vader. What do those 3 have in common you ask? Shawn has beat them all, and I could easily see Shawn superkicking Ernies teeth into the 6th row of the crowd.

Erine Ladd would beat HBK worse than those marines did but because he seems to beat everyone no matter how bad they beat him down HBLame will win but I hope the Big Cat will injury him and put him out of the tournament.

My vote, like everyone else goes to Shawn. Ernie Ladd was obviously a big guy, but so weren't Kevin Nash, The Undertaker, and Vader. What do those 3 have in common you ask? Shawn has beat them all, and I could easily see Shawn superkicking Ernies teeth into the 6th row of the crowd.

Pretty sure that HBK has never beaten Undertaker.

But this match would be a really good one if it happened in real life. I think it would be far closer than people seem to be thinking it would be. Ernie Ladd was a big guy and a draw all over the show. So watch some of The Cats matches before making your choice.

Reactions: TLC
Man, how cool does Ernie Ladd look? Anyway, of all 128 wrestlers in the tournament, he's the one I know the least about. However, I think he deserves some credit for being a pioneer to the football player turned wrestler and to the age old gimmick of having an injury for about ten years that can be repeatedly exploited. If he wasn't the first black heel, he was certainly amongst the first.

Ultimately though, he never managed to win a big one anywhere, whereas Michaels was able to on multiple occasions. Ladd's a decent wrestler, and this wouldn't be the whitewash people are expecting, but I'd imagine Michaels would win.

This is a match? You should forfeit ernie, becuase theres no way in hell that you could beat the showstopper, hbk. Hbk has accomplished and done more in wwe, never even heard of ernie ladd, but even if i had, hbk would still kick ernies teeth down his throat.

So you admit you never even heard of Ladd yet insist Michaels could easily beat him. How did you come to that conclusion. You have zero credibility. I will probably end up voting for Michaels but all the people posting here who think this is an easy victory for him are just being stupid. The bottom line is the result is all that matters. I just wish some of you ignorant people would give Ladd the credit he deserves. This is far from the squash many of you think it is.

Pretty sure that HBK has never beaten Undertaker.

But this match would be a really good one if it happened in real life. I think it would be far closer than people seem to be thinking it would be. Ernie Ladd was a big guy and a draw all over the show. So watch some of The Cats matches before making your choice.

Shawn beat him in the very first Hell in a Cell.

Anyway I have to go with Shawn. I already highlighted his many accomplishments in the HQ I started. Ladd did help pave the way for pro athletes turning into pro wrestlers and he was solid in his own right, and even though he was a heel most of his career he got a pretty solid amount of cheers despite that. I still think Shawn wins

Shawn Michaels vs. who? I'm halfway kidding, but Shawn Michaels easily takes it here. It's a, ahem, 18 second squash match with a SCM from out of nowhere-land.

Ernie Ladd, the fake-fake wrestler vs. arguably one of the greatest performers of all time?

The fuck outta here.

Shawn Michaels is perhaps, the most entertaining man to watch in Professional Wrestling. The man is absolutely one of the best wrestlers to come out of the WWF/E. His move-set will dazzle and outpace Ernie. HBK holds a win in this tournament, so I don't see Michaels losing in the first round this year.

1. Football players are tougher than wrestlers. Ladd was both, so call him Uber Tough
2. Ladd was a heel that invented plenty of practices that are still used today. He's revolutionary
3. That pic of HBK at the top of the page makes me want to vote against him.
4. HBK is the most OVERRATED wrestler in history.

GIMME THE BIG CAT!

Finish: HBK comes to the ring with the professionalism he brought against Hogan and gets a Taped Thumb to his Throat for good measure.

The Big Cat is a black pioneer. Man was extremely popular in his day and also hold the honor of being the first black booker of a major territory.

However, in his prime Shawn was damn impressive against big men. Taker had NEVER beaten Shawn one on one till WM 25. I will dig up the Sid stats soon, but Shawn wins here.

big cat would put a hurtin on shawn, but shawn would end up victorious over the big man like we have seen the showstopper do with many giants before

Even though Shawn is seeded way to high, he would have beaten Ernie Ladd. Michaels always found ways to beat giants and this one wont be any different.

PsychoBlack - Shawn isn't seeded too high. Shut up.

Ernie Ladd is fucking huge, but we're talking about the Showstopper HBK here. He was one guy who put a fight up no matter who it was he was against. Surely, after maybe some beatdown, Shawn pulls it out of the bag with a huge Sweet Chin Music to take the win here.

JS votes Shawn Michaels.

Shawn Michaels is one of the best wrestlers to step into the squared circle in recent years. He has a legacy that man people will remember for a long time to come as he's had some fantastic matches and feuds, entertaining as hell and provided controversy during the biggest ratings spike in the history of professional wrestling (some may say he could be one of the factors that caused this spike). He has also been able to compete against an array of competitors including big men such as Ernest Ladd. No offense to the guy but I have little knowledge of him... he hasn't done much for his career other than opening up pathways for footballers to join the wrestling circuit and unfortunately that cannot compare to the career Shawn left behind.

Shawn is definitely taking this one.

Shawn micheals wins this in the same manner he beat all the other big men during his 1996 title run with speed, agility, heart and charisma. Sweet chin music 1 2 3

Hbk gets my vote

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back