WWE Region, Boston Region, Second Round: (2) Shawn Michaels vs. (15) Bruiser Brody

Who Wins This Match?

• Shawn Michaels

• Bruiser Brody

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a second round match in the WWE Region, Boston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the TD Garden, Boston.

020_td_garden.jpg

shawnm98.jpg

#2. Shawn Michaels

Vs.

brody-01.jpg

#15. Bruiser Brody

This match takes place 1 week after round 1.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Not all that familiar with Brody. I am however aware of Shawn Micheals, perhaps one of the best ever in that ring, maybe even THE best. I don't see anyone knocking him off this early...maybe not at all.

Micheals FTW.

Bruiser Brody is no pushover for Shawn, the man was a complete savage in the ring and would toss around lightweights like Michaels. But luckily for Shawn, no one is quite like him. HBK can and will overcome Brody's onslaught and hit him with Sweet Chin Music for the win.

I do not one to read anymore kayfabe arguments for Shawn Michaels. Bruiser Brody would KILL that motherfucker. Like, literally... kill him. Yeah, Michaels is tough and all that, but he never fought someone like Bruiser Brody. Brody was a psychotic monster who was also tough as nails. He'd rip Shawn to shreds.

Now, if you want to vote for Shawn because he was the better, more accomplished wrestler, then that's fine. In fact, I'm most likely going to vote for him because of that (unless someone can really sway me into voting for Brody). But I really don't want to see people post "Sweet Chin Music" crap like it would actually knock Bruiser fucking Brody out.

Anyway, right now my vote is leaning towards Shawn Michaels. He's simply one of the all time greats who's given us flawless work for countless years. Brusier Brody, while impressively leaving an incredible impact, was still unfortunately taken from us too soon for his accomplishments and body of work to even come close to competing with HBK's.

Brody was one of the toughest competitors ever. A guy stabbed him to death because he was afraid of him. He was a huge name in Japan and sold out dozens of venues across the nation.

Shawn Michaels was arguably WWE's biggest star during the mid nineties, and in his prime he had an ego that would have rivaled Brody's toughness. Outside the US, Michaels probably would have been stabbed himself just for being a dick to people.

The thing is that Michaels made a name for himself by beating all comers, large and small. He's beaten the Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, and Vader; all huge giant men that were all more imposing than Brody. And those that what to discredit Shawn for not knowing the Puro style, it isn't really all that hard to make the transition, as both Hogan and Andre were able to master it without any problems.

My voting for Shawn here; he shouldn't have too much trouble putting Broady away.

I have to agree with jmt225 and Echelon, Brody was no pussy. He could take and give one hell of a beating. But, HBK knew exactly what he was doing, and could always over come the odds. Shawn may only be 6'1, but he has defeated nearly every "big guy" that has stepped in front of him. He is at the top of WWE's Top 50 Superstars for a reason. Shawn is number 1 in all aspects. He is my personal all time favorite, and I cannot vote against him in this round, this early. If, and that's a big if for me, Micheals is defeated, it should be against a top seeded individual.

HBK All The Way.

I will not vote for Shawn Michaels here. I vote on an actual wrestling match and occasionally factor in character, mic work, and overall impact on the business. In this case, I'll factor in pro wrestling and Shawn Michaels would have NO answer for Brody.

Brody's someone who takes pretty boys like HBK and keeps them in his basement as gimps. Then he says HUSS like 50 daggone times. Entertaining to say the least.

I know HBK's a huge draw, he's the ICON, THE SHOW STOPPAH... but he's also extremely overrated in the ring and in big matches, he's not as good as he's advertised. Brody's just tough enough to injure HBK and win this by stoppage after about 30 minutes.

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

I know HBK's a huge draw, he's the ICON, THE SHOW STOPPAH... but he's also extremely overrated in the ring and in big matches, he's not as good as he's advertised. Brody's just tough enough to injure HBK and win this by stoppage after about 30 minutes.

I strongly disagree with your claim of him being overrated in big matches. I'll take his Mania matches for example and the only one I can think that was just ok for me was with....uh...you know....that..........shit.

This WWE. Shawn wouldn't lose to Vader in his prime and wouldn't against Brody as well. In his prime Shawn was untouchable. He put on great matches and used his stroke to stay there in all honesty.

Shawn beats Brody in a rugged affair in 11:32 via SCM.

In my opinion, HBK should not lose to anyone bar Bret Hart or the Undertaker. Thus, my vote would be that Shawn Michaels wins. No matter how tough, Bruiser was he cannot go over HBK

Brody is one tough crazy son of a bitch, and would give Michaels the fight of his life in this one. However, this is a WWE rules match, and that would take away alot of Brody's advantage in this if he has to stick by the rules.

HBK is no stranger to punishment, he has been in Hell In A Cell, Cage, Ladder, Street Fight, Elimination Chamber matches, and if this was a straight wrestling match, I believe his quality and superior wresting skill would have him come out on top.

He would find a way to put Brody down for a 3 count, or Brusier would simply go to far and get himself disqualified. Either way, Shawn wins and advances.

If we are voting for who is the greater of the 2, the only logical vote to advance is Shawn Michaels.

Winner: HBK

Who was the man that retired Shawn Michaels? Texas Red. That's who.

Who was the man that beat The Undertaker in 3 minutes? Bruiser Brody that's who.

Brody was an animal. He was aggressive, cheated, and outright slaughtered oponents. Brody wins here, Shawn couldn't beat Texas Red after 30 minutes; what makes you think he could be Brody when he manhandled him in 3 minutes?

This isn't enough proof? Good point.

This is the WWE region, where Bruiser Brody was eternally doghoused for allegedly getting into a scuffle with Gorilla Monsoon. You think locker room goldenboy Shawn Michaels would lose to Bruiser Brody? 20+ years after his death he was allowed to have action figures, footage, etc by the WWE thanks to a legends contract signed by his widowed wife.

Shawn goes over here. Not because Brody was worse than he was, not because Shawn overcame all odds, but because Brody would be in the doghouse. Had this match occurred in the international region I'm almost certain Brody would tear into Michaels with great ease.

I do not one to read anymore kayfabe arguments for Shawn Michaels. Bruiser Brody would KILL that motherfucker. Like, literally... kill him. Yeah, Michaels is tough and all that, but he never fought someone like Bruiser Brody. Brody was a psychotic monster who was also tough as nails. He'd rip Shawn to shreds.

Doesn't that sound like Vader to you?

Or, rather, doesn't that sound like Sid, as well? I mean, he actually did try to kill a guy. Granted, he did it with scissors.... And apparently once a squegee. Still, Michaels has fought folk like Brody. Exactly like Brody? Probably not, honestly, but pretty damn close.

But I'm not using kayfabe, so much as I am looking at career. Well, technically, I'm not using kayfabe. I voted Demon in the last round, arguing that Brody was a guy that you could bring in to your promotion, as a headhunter. He's the guy that comes after your top face, and tries to kill him, before the babyface valiantly fights him off, clean, in the middle of the ring.

I dunno about you, but that sounds pretty ideal for Shawn in the WWE. Brody was certainly an interesting fellow, someone we'll never fully understand. But his drawing was pretty correlative to how long he stayed in the promotion. The shorter he stayed, the more money he could draw. Shawn was never a great draw, which means come later rounds, he's fucked, to me.

Just not this round.

I'm coming into this, and I'm thinking about Michaels' match with Vader. He complained, whined etc., but was still ultimately capable of completing the match, so he should be able to beat Brody in a similar situation. Brody would no doubt roughhouse him and be unprofessional, but ultimately he just isn't as big a deal as Michaels was.

I have nothing for Brody. He was a good paced brawler that was just ok to watch. I don't want him going in the next round, stop mid-match and just stare into nowhere just because he isn't 'feeling it'.

Two unprofessional ***** going at it here folks, but only one of them is the greatest of all time.

Who was the man that retired Shawn Michaels? Texas Red. That's who.

Fair enough, Undertaker once wrestled as Texas Red. In 1984. When did Mark Calloway, Texas Red, debut? 1984.

Who was the man that beat The Undertaker in 3 minutes? Bruiser Brody that's who.

What you're conveniently leaving out is that this was Texas Red's debut match. Are you really going to argue that Undertaker was in his prime in his debut match as Texas Red?

Brody was an animal. He was aggressive, cheated, and outright slaughtered oponents. Brody wins here, Shawn couldn't beat Texas Red after 30 minutes; what makes you think he could be Brody when he manhandled him in 3 minutes?

All good points, I suppose. But only if you're going to conveniently ignore the rest of HBK's career against Undertaker. First Hell in A Cell match? HBK defeated the Undertaker. Casket Match at the Royal Rumble? HBK again. In fact, leading up to their match at Wrestlemania 25, Undertaker had never beaten HBK. Ever. Not in single's matches, not in tag competition, not in gimmick matches.

So if you want to use Brody beating Undertaker in his debut match match as argument that he'ld beat Michaels, you're off to a poor start. Because HBK had more then his fair share of success against Undertaker. The difference is he didn't beat him in his debut match, he beat him in his prime. The same can't be said for Brody.

This is the WWE region, where Bruiser Brody was eternally doghoused for allegedly getting into a scuffle with Gorilla Monsoon. You think locker room goldenboy Shawn Michaels would lose to Bruiser Brody? 20+ years after his death he was allowed to have action figures, footage, etc by the WWE thanks to a legends contract signed by his widowed wife.

Except this isn't a WWE-run tournament, it's a Wrestlezone one. And what we're voting on here is who would go over in a wrestling match, not who was in the doghouse when. But if you want to go that route, I do recall times where HBK got himself suspended several times, once having to forfeit the IC title as a result. The only reason he wasn't suspended for the MSG incident was because he was the champion at the time. He wasn't the golden boy you paint him out to be.

But this isn't about locker room and backstage politics, it's about who would win in a wrestling match.

Shawn goes over here. Not because Brody was worse than he was, not because Shawn overcame all odds, but because Brody would be in the doghouse. Had this match occurred in the international region I'm almost certain Brody would tear into Michaels with great ease.

I don't think it matters what region this match occurs in. You used Texas Red as proof that Brody would beat HBK, failing to note that Texas Red was Undertaker's gimmick in his debut match. And it was Undertaker who ended HBK's career, not Texas Red. When both were in their primes, HBK was undefeated against The Undertaker.

Next you want to being up backstage politics, which means screw all in a one-off tournament like this. The region doesn't matter: If you think Brody would have beaten HBK in a wrestling match with no extraneous influences, then say so. Because that's essentially what this is.

HBK has beaten bigger and badder then Brody. For all the whining people do that HBK refused to job to people in his career, Brody was far worse. That's why he never lasted long in any promotion. Brody was the type of guy who refused to sell for other people, and being ,matched against a guy like HBK would bring out the worst in him. While I don't see HBK pinning Brody here, I do so an instance where Brody takes the DQ or countout loss, frustrated with HBK getting up after enduring his offense.

He essentially "quit" in a cage match against Lex Luger, who's to say he wouldn't do it against a much bigger name in HBK if the match wasn't going his way?

Whether it be by DQ, countout, or straight up pinfall, HBK wins this, regardless of where this match is held. Brody was a monster, but many of his matches ended in DQ or countout losses for himself. It would be that anger and frustration that led to so many of those losses lead to a loss to Michaels as well. He wasn't the most focused of competitors, and is exactly the type to lose his cool, get distracted, and eat Sweet Chin Music. Twice, if necessary.

HBK wins this.

Just can't give this to Brody, sorry but I just can't. From an overall perspective, Michaels was simply a FAR more interesting & entertaining wrestler than Brody.

Brody was supremely tough and he'd spend a good deal of the match beating the piss out of HBK, but HBK is someone whose toughness & resiliency in the ring is often underestimated. He's faced his share of monsters during his career and he's beaten almost all of them.

I know Brody was a tough bastard and a god in Japan but, frankly, I don't give a shit here. HBK is quite possibly the greatest overall pro wrestler of his generation for a reason. If this was a hardcore brawl, then I'd probably give it to Brody but it's not.

I would have loved to see this match during Shawn's 1997 title run. Brody was a mix of Mankind crazy with Vader size and athleticism, which would have made him Shawn's most dangerous opponent. Shawn v. Mankind in fall 1997 was the match where I truly believed HBK was a true champion.

The Raw before the PPV, Shawn, coming in off the back of the Mankind match the previous month, shooting a promo where he says that he came close several times of losing his boyhood dream and he was not going to let that happen again. He could reference his matches with Vader, the danger that Mankind put him in, how Bulldog's power and strength had him questioning how long he would be champ. But HBK will not lose, he will be champ for the people... enter Brusier Brody's music, comes to the ring, appears as though he's going to talk to Shawn when he clotheslines the hell out of Shawn and proceeds to kick his ass.

Fast forward to the actual match, this would be an interesting back and forth contest. But with all things considered, Brody was never as successful as HBK.

HBK by Sweet Chin Music, twice. 26 minutes.

HBK is the best pure wrestler to ever step foot in the ring. He has the sppeed, the technical skills, the high flying, the ability to face big men, and the ability to over come anything. Superkick early in this one as HBK wins easy.

Brody is brutal, but Shawn has versed heaps of people like that in the past. I see Brody throwing shawn around for most of it but Shawn still getting the win

So what’s the deal with Bruiser Brody? For years I’ve heard how he was one of the best brawlers in wrestling history. That’s great. What else? What are his accomplishments? Who did he beat? What are some of the great matches he’s been in? You might be able to list off a few answers to each of those questions but why is it when discussing Brody’s legacy I never hear any specifics about his career. I just hear great brawler. The few matches I have seen involving Brody were pretty ordinary. A bunch of headlocks and bodyslams with some out of the ring brawling. I’ve only seen a small sample size but I’m not too impressed. What if Brody were alive today? Would he be described the same way or does his unusual death add a certain mystique to his legacy?

Shawn Michaels also has a reputation of being the greatest. Many consider him the greatest in ring performer of all time. He has a laundry list of great matches to support that claim and has beaten brawlers much bigger than him. Maybe the matches I’ve seen of Brody happened to be ones that weren’t near his best. Maybe I caught a few matches where he was past his prime. From what I’ve seen though I think Michaels can take him. Both these guys had a reputation of not wanting to job so I say Michaels advances via screwjob.

Didn't he wrestle sid? Who was a psycho, and Nash who was a giant? The undertaker who was a psycho giant... I mean it's not like he doesn't have experience with big guys. I have seen the big show drop to Sweet Chin Music, so I can't see why Brody wouldn't.

Although I am voting micheals on the aforementioned wrestling ability and not the likely outcome of the match, in the context of a worked wrestling match there is no reason to think SCM wouldnt put a guy like brody down. It has worked against countless others.

IN real life... well probably not, but come one... its a match, we are all taught to believe stuff that couldn't be true.

Just My Opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back