• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Payback - WWE United States Championship: Sheamus (c) VS Cesaro

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
As a result another altercation between them on tonight's episode of SmackDown!, Sheamus & Cesaro are now scheduled to meet at Payback for the United States Championship.

Even though Sheamus has been United States Champion for only a short while, it wouldn't be all that surprising to see him drop the title to Cesaro. Both of them have been on a bit of a roll over the past month or so and one has to figure that they're gonna put a title on Cesaro in the near future or his association with Paul Heyman probably won't last much longer. Considering how much WWE has hyped the success of Heyman's "clients" with JBL frequently mentioning who Heyman has led to the top while proclaiming him as "possibly the greatest manager in the history of sports entertainment", it's difficult to picture Heyman with someone who either isn't a champion or someone he helps guide to become a champion.

I really want to see this, I've read they've put on great matches on the european tour, and I can't predict a winner. Perfect.

I wish I was interested in seeing this but for some reason I'm not. Maybe it's because I haven't been overly impressed with Cesaro's push so far. Maybe it's because Sheamus needs to get a new persona quickly. Maybe it's because it's for a belt whoch I think is beneath both of them. Maybe it's because I'm xenophobic and I want an American to root for. Who knows.

Heyman messing with Sheamus even just for a split second to give Cesaro the dirty win is the only scenario I see right now. Doesn't "bury" (hate that phrase but can't think of a better way to say it) or harm Sheamus by losing dirty.

This is actually a tough one to predict. Sheamus just won the belt, but they won't kill Cesaro's push. Only one solution - Sheamus gets himself DQ'd, which WWE could slowly build into that rumored heel turn.

Maybe Heyman can throw in the US belt for Cesaro to use, only Sheamus picks up the belt and whacks him in the face with it in front of the ref. Or Sheamus could pummel Cesaro with those rope-hung forearm clubs and he refuses to stop after the referee orders him to back off causing the referee to five count him and call for the DQ.

Looking forward to it. It should be a slobberknocker.

Cesaro Vs Barrett beating the fuck out of each other for our enjoyment in a title unification match at Summerslam would be fantastic.

This is actually a tough one to predict. Sheamus just won the belt, but they won't kill Cesaro's push. Only one solution - Sheamus gets himself DQ'd, which WWE could slowly build into that rumored heel turn.

Maybe Heyman can throw in the US belt for Cesaro to use, only Sheamus picks up the belt and whacks him in the face with it in front of the ref. Or Sheamus could pummel Cesaro with those rope-hung forearm clubs and he refuses to stop after the referee orders him to back off causing the referee to five count him and call for the DQ.

Looking forward to it. It should be a slobberknocker.

I like these ideas, but doesn't a DQ win for Cesaro still mean Sheamus retains the title regardless of what happened?

I like these ideas, but doesn't a DQ win for Cesaro still mean Sheamus retains the title regardless of what happened?

Yes. As I said, Sheamus just won the belt, I don't see them taking it off him just yet. But Cesaro doesn't need it, he's above the belt. The US belt is completely worthless at this point. Probably would do him more harm than good.

Personally I would pick Cesaro to win it. This gives Heyman even more things to brag about besides a certain thing he keeps on repeating, he can also help hype up the US title so it looks a little more important, Cesaro finally gets a title after a long time and last but arguably more important Sheamus gets freed up to do other things. If Batista leaves after Payback and with DB going to be out for a few months that does free up some spots in the top tier where Sheamus can easily take over, especially if that Evolution rumor is true.

I do agree that it would be a really short title reign for Sheamus so it wouldn't surprise me if he retained either. I just think Cesaro winning it would make for a more things more interesting.

Not quite sure what they hoped to achieve with this US title reign for Sheamus unless it's part of this heel turn... I can see him replacing Cesaro as a Heyman guy, perhaps the classic double cross. Cesaro takes the loss and Heyman has a new "monster" around him while Brock isn't there... it lets Cesaro be full face and chase the belt longer and eventually run into Brock.

For a brief moment I though we might get this at Mania and it wouldn't have been out of place. These two are awesome and they, given time, can put on a classic. I would love a series of matches (maybe best of 5) because I reckon they are both good enough to make it interesting.

I can't quite see Cesaro losing but I'm not sure about him winning the belt. Sheamus has also just won but maybe he can be used elsewhere if Bryan's injury is as bad as feared. Ultimately, I reckon Sheamus keeps the belt but I hope this isn't the only time they face off.

This one could steal the show, two physical beasts that don't mind laying it in. I imagine the Chicago crowd will be very pro Cesaro no matter what mischief Heyman gets up to on the mic during Cesaro's entrance, and this could be the type of crowd response to spur on the reason for Sheamus turning in the storyline.

I'm not sure who wins but Sheamus head injury he suffered during the Del Rio match could well be worked into the finish, perhaps Cesaro uppercuts him into oblivion and the ref stops the fight? Cesaro wins the title, looks like a destroyer and Sheamus doesn't eat a pin or tap.

I'm leaning towards Cesaro winning the title as I think it would benefit his act with Heyman if there was something to brag about, and something for Heyman to clutch like a newborn during Cesaro's matches as Heyman sells that shit so well.

20140522_Payback_Match_Shaemus_Cesaro_LIGHT_HP.jpg

I'm a fan of both wrestlers, so I'm excited for this one. I think it will end up being the better of the two midcard title matches on the card. Signs are pointing to a Cesaro win with how much he has been pushed with Heyman's promos lately. Sheamus has not had the belt for very long and I've never been a fan of short title reigns. I'd rather see Sheamus retain but unfortunately I don't see that happening. Cesaro winning the US Championship with Heyman in his corner could be good for the belt even if it means Sheamus' reign has to get cut short, so at least there's that if the title does change hands. These predictions are about what I think will happen, not what I want to see happen. Cesaro is probably going to win, and Heyman will be bragging about it endlessly in upcoming promos. It's the only other match I could see opening the show if the Intercontinental Championship match does not. I see it going on during the earlier half of the evening regardless.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Cesaro wins the US Championship.

I don't see how this helps both men, because they can't afford a loss on pay per view. Cesaro is in the spotlight as a Heyman Guy, and for the first time in a handful of years, WWE is on the right track with Sheamus after so many awful comedy setbacks.

My guess is Heyman finds a way to help Cesaro win with a dirty trick, and that'll set up a rematch somewhere down the line.

This will be a classic mid-card slugfest. Sheamus needs the win if they're going for a clean 1-2-3 in the ring, just so he doesn't look painfully transitional as the champ.

But what I'd really like is this:

Heyman needs to do some classic Heenan style heel manager work tonight. He can REALLY do a ton for Cesaro's career by getting him the dirty cheat win, playing it off, and being an old fashioned heel. Cesaro and Sheamus have an old fashioned feel to their styles, and a classic face v. cheating heel works perfectly here.

Either way, I'm happy with either winner, except, I think that Sheamus can put the title to better work right now as a face, mainly because of how the rest of the midcard is booked.

Tough one to predict as Sheamus just won the title, but I agree with those that said Heyman will probably find a way to cheat to get Cesaro the title. A double turn here is possible I suppose with Heyman siding with Sheamus, but I doubt it. Going to give my vote for a Cesaro title win here.

I havent been super impressed with Cesaro as of late, I have said on numerous occasions that I think Cesaro is a special talent but he still hasnt put it all together. He's a freak athlete and ever since he's started doing his amazing spots everyone is all over him, but his character sucks and he's gotta improve himself on the mic before I start clamoring over him.

This one seems somewhat thrown together and I would be disappointed to see Sheamus drop a title(even one so insignificant) with no build. Give them this match and let Sheamus pull some dirty heel shit, then continue this and let Cesaro win it again down the road. He's been champ before(with little fanfare), dont rush into getting the belt on him make the road to the title difficult so that him winning is actually a memorable moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back