• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Over the Limit - Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk - Straight-Edge Pledge vs. Hair Match

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.

you've been keeping score, it's all tied up between Rey Mysterio and CM Punk.

At WrestleMania XXVI, The Ultimate Underdog downed Punk with the 619 to prevent having to join The Straight Edge Society.

Then at Extreme Rules, Punk defeated The Master of the 619 to protect his hair.

Now, at Over the Limit, one Superstar will be forced to make a drastic change.

If Mysterio loses, he must join The Straight Edge Society. And if Punk loses, Rey gets to shave his head!

If you look deeper than the match stipulations, there may be some extra motivation for Mysterio to win.

Leading up to their WrestleMania match, Mysterio was forced to endure The Second City Saint’s taunting of his family.

And in recent weeks, Mysterio has been the victim of sneak attacks from a mysterious hooded person who has yet to be indentified. Clearly though, the individual has allegiances to The Straight Edge Society. Will this individual play a role at Over the Limit?

Regardless of who has more motivation to win, the bottom line is that someone’s future is going to change.

Will Rey find himself forced to stand side-by-side with Luke Gallows, Serena and CM Punk? Or, will Punk lose what he calls a symbol of his purity? Find out at Over the Limit, live Sunday, May 23, only on pay-per-view.
Tonight on Smackdown, Rey Mysterio threw down the gauntlet and challenged CM Punk to a match at WWE Over the Limit. If Rey wins, CM Punk will have to shave his head. If CM Punk wins, Rey will have to join the SES. These two both have a win against each other, so this rubber match is now a hair versus new SES member matchup.

Quite the predicament... Normally, when there is a stipulation in a PPV that benefits each seperate opponent, it's very difficult to predict who the winner will be. To be honest, if it weren't for this stipulation, I wouldn't be overly interested in this match. However, now I can't wait to see it.

So what do you guys think? Who will win? What will the outcome be?

Keep it in here.

This should be interesting and hopefully the end of this storyline. Because I really wan CM Punk to go after Macintyre next and take the IC title.

I also want to see the mysterious mask guy reveal his identity and have a match with MVP. The masked guy looks to have some skills because he did a sweet neckbreaker on Rey last week.

I wouldn't be shocked if Punk lost his hair this time. I just can't picture Mysterio in the SES....I just can't. He would look so awkward in that stable. During the segment between Punk and Rey, I noticed some very shady looks from Gallows and Serena when Rey suggested Punk was using them. Those looks could be the first signs of a SES break-up. This is something I don't want to see.

I'm going to have to pick Rey to win this match. This one should be fun because these two have already put on a series of very good matches.

I hope the SES ends, I'm a huge serena deeb fan and I want her to start wrestling in the womens division and I also want her to grow her hair back. She has what it takes to save the womens division from the disgrace it is now. She's the only reason why I even give a damn about the SES

I can't picture Rey in the SES and even if he does join the group, it's not like he's going to listen to Punk or anything

however, they've still yet to reveal the masked mystery man and I doubt they would end the group before even revealing who he is, it would kind of make the whole thing pointless then

It could go either way honestly, but I have a feeling the mystery man will screw Rey again. For me, i hope Rey wins and shaves punk's head, ending the SES

This should be interesting and hopefully the end of this storyline. Because I really wan CM Punk to go after Macintyre next and take the IC title.

I also want to see the mysterious mask guy reveal his identity and have a match with MVP. The masked guy looks to have some skills because he did a sweet neckbreaker on Rey last week.

Drew is no longer IC champ if you watched Smackdown tonight, the masked person I am thinking might in fact by Punk's NXT rookie.

Punk I don't think will be going after the IC title he is a little above it, at this point I think once he is finished with Rey, Punk may in fact be looking towards a Upper-midcard/Main Event spot and will be looking more towards the World Heavyweight title.

I think you guys are missing the big picture, if you remember last year with the JBL/HBK storyline in which JBL owned HBK (That eventually lead to HBK/Taker 1), it would be the same shit. He doesn't have to like the SES, but hes forced to work for the SES. It would work very well, and I'm looking forward to seeing that happen because I don't see the SES disbanding just yet.

Wow, do I hope the SES does NOT disband. This is an amazing faction and it would be a tremendous fail on WWEs part if they do disband this group. What is Luke Gallows going to do? Go back to jobbing to random wrestlers? At least here he has two people watching his back during matches. Plus, I am honestly digging this Straight Edge gimmick.

As far as the match is concerned, I am fine with Rey winning. Dont blast me guys but is there really any stipulation that says that if Punk has to get his head shaved that the SES has to end? Maybe Punk comes out with a wig a lot and pretends that he wasnt shaved (a la Kurt Angle, Molly Holly, and Vince McMahon). I agree that Rey fits in with SES as much as Shad would fit into the Hart Dynasty but I would be happy to see this stable continue.

I am not too much of a fan of the unwilling servant. It just causes awkward moments which cause you not to know whether to boo someone or cheer someone. I say let Rey win, Punk shaves head, SES continues and Punk has a renewed passion and anger to make the SES STRONGER.

Maybe we'll finally get to see who the masked man is? I have a strong feeling he's going to have a big role come Over The Limit, considering Mysterio's hints during his segment. I don't think Cm Punk will be good with a shaved head at all, and if he is, he's gonna need a whole new gimmick change, new attire, new character, new everything. Cm Punk just doesn't seem like that kinda person with a shaved head, and if it is shaved, definitely not bald, have a buzz, because bald will look terrible, and justs makes Punk look unattractive and uninteresting.

I can't see Rey being part of the SES either, and if he will be forced to be into it, I think he'll only bring hell to Punk and the others, as he will not want to be there at all. Rey could be able to break up the group more easily, if he was part of it himself, but I'm sure Rey wouldn't be the most trusted member, considering his history with Punk. Cm Punk will probably just use Rey as a mascot, and embarrass him as much as humanly possible.

What I think and hope that the WWE does, will find a way to end this match in some sort of draw, in which case neither participent will have to go forward on their end, as this is the most sensible decision. No a lot of fans won't be happy with this, but it's the smart thing to do, considering a lot of future storylines, and characters that will be thrown away if either stipulation goes through.

I can't see Punk shaving his head, it would kill his credibility. If they really want to keep the SES going and get Punk over as a top heel then Punk needs to win here. Rey is already over with the fans, so it doesn't matter if he loses. Like others said, I think we could see a JBL/HBK type storyline, with the ultimate payoff being Rey winning and ending the SES sometime down the road.

Normally i dont like Rey Mysterio,i think people give him too much credit and i dont buy that a little guy like that could beat such huge opponents and i dont think he should be allowed too plus him running around the ring all the time makes him seem like a coward IMO, but CM Punk can have a good program with anyone with his SES gimmick.

Now about this match, normally i would say it is a good idea even though i've never like matches where a stipulation is someone loses their hair. It wouldnt be so bad but how come everytime that happens, the loser always stays bald forever? Look at Big Show and Kurt Angle, both of them had hair and then got shaved during matches and now are always bald. I know Big Show grew his hair back for a little bit and Angle did too kinda but it wasnt like their hair was before and besides their both bald again.

Anyway sorry back to my point, my problem with this match is, we already saw a match between Rey and Punk where if CM Punk lost he would get his head shaved. It just seems stupid to me for them to do that all over again when they could have just had that match at the last PPV. Or if they wanted to continue the feud and Rey was going to be leaving soon, as some reports are saying, then the match at the last PPV didnt need to have a storyline.

This feud just seems drawn out to me and to be honest, i dont want either of them to win. CM Punk would look stupid bald and would ruin the whole point of his group and i already stated my problems with Mysterio so i wouldnt want him ruining one of the best, if not the best, thing about Smackdown!

I just noticed that someone suggested that the masked man is Darren Young, could he get all that hair under a ski mask? Also isnt the masked man white? Could have sworn i saw white hands or a white face looking through the eye holes or someting. I could be wrong. Wait was he even wearing a mask or was that just his face? :wtf:

I wouldn't be shocked if Punk lost his hair this time. I just can't picture Mysterio in the SES....I just can't. He would look so awkward in that stable. During the segment between Punk and Rey, I noticed some very shady looks from Gallows and Serena when Rey suggested Punk was using them. Those looks could be the first signs of a SES break-up. This is something I don't want to see.

I'm going to have to pick Rey to win this match. This one should be fun because these two have already put on a series of very good matches.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE FREAKIN KIDDING!!!PLEASE!!!!you cant see Rey as a SES member but you CAN see CM PUNK BALD!!!????:wtf::banghead:maybe is personal but dude I had like almost the last ten years long hair and for some bullshit I had to shave it! and I can tell you its fucking AWEFUL

Plus this will end his gimmick and by consequencehis carreer!!!dude it will be the end of CM!!!!FUUUCK!!!! I DONT WANT TO SEE THAT
oh and having a second time a hair match IS TOTALLY 100% BULLSHIT!!!

There is 0 chance Punk loses this match. The SES is real strong. We don't know who the masked man is yet(on TV). Punk will win with help from the masked man. Mysterio will be forced to join the SES. Over time Rey will break apart the SES from the inside. Leading to a End of the SES vs Retirement(or some stipulation for Rey) at SummerSlam or somewhere thereabouts. Gallows and the masked man will form a tag team during this time and continue to be one when the SES is over.

Just my 2 cents..

Now about this match, normally i would say it is a good idea even though i've never like matches where a stipulation is someone loses their hair. It wouldnt be so bad but how come everytime that happens, the loser always stays bald forever? Look at Big Show and Kurt Angle, both of them had hair and then got shaved during matches and now are always bald. I know Big Show grew his hair back for a little bit and Angle did too kinda but it wasnt like their hair was before and besides their both bald again.

An aside to this... Kurt Angle was going bald anyway so he was pretty much fine with losing the match against Edge. Looking back, Kurt Angle looks better bald.

CM Punk, however, would NOT look good bald. I would have prefered this be a "Join SES vs. BEARD" match. The Beard could go I suppose, but I would not want to see CM lose his hair. The more I think about this match the more I hope Rey loses and has to join SES. I just don't want this solid faction to lose momentum.

I think that this works with Rey in the stable. It reminds me of the old Latino World Order feud that Rey and Eddie had in WCW. Rey had to wear a huge shirt and eventually brought the stable down from the inside. Given Rey's character and the fact that he appeals to kids it makes some sense that he could take the straight edge life style and use it as a face... Who knows but if you see Rey in a size XXXL C.M. Punk shirt go back to those old WCW tapes!

An aside to this... Kurt Angle was going bald anyway so he was pretty much fine with losing the match against Edge. Looking back, Kurt Angle looks better bald.

CM Punk, however, would NOT look good bald. I would have prefered this be a "Join SES vs. BEARD" match. The Beard could go I suppose, but I would not want to see CM lose his hair. The more I think about this match the more I hope Rey loses and has to join SES. I just don't want this solid faction to lose momentum.

Yeah he does look better bald, it adds much more to his character but it just seems like its some kind of unwritten rule or something that you're not allowed to let your hair grow back after one of those matches which i think is pretty stupid. If it were a SES vs. Beard match, i think i'd have to go to the PPV and help Rey win even though i dont like him, i cant stand that beard. Why does Punk have to make him self look like a hobo when hes preaching about staying off drugs? Thats like a guy telling people not to commit murder while covered in blood, i dont get it.

But anyway, CM Punk needs to keep his hair.

CM Punk needs this win. What good is being SmackDown's top heel if you can't even win a match? Better question, if the top heel can't win, who's the next best choice? Jack Swagger? Drew McIntyre? Not just yet my friends.

I see distractions and attacks behind the referee's back out the wazzu being dealt to Rey in this match. The mystery man, Gallows or Serena low blowing Rey, anything and everything is going to happen in order for CM Punk to get the win and force Rey to join the Straight Edge Society.

I really hope CM Punk doesn't lose. Not just because of the things mentioned beforehand but because CM Punk would look like the worst cult leader ever if he lost the match and got his head shaved bald. Sure, CM Punk could grow it back but for how long? During the time it takes for Punk to grow his hair back people are gonna look at his head and remember that Punk lost one of the most important matches of his career. And then what? the Society members are gonna realize Punk isn't that great of a leader and so they leave. My friends, I don't want to see the SES dissolve for quite a while, so I'm gonna watch Over the Limit and hope that Punk gets the win here not just for his sake but for the Society's sake.

I have to admit while I'm all open for the whole "Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk version.. what?" I have to say that I find it ridiculous that they are reusing the gimmick for the match they had at Extreme Rules.

I'm guaranteed these two will be able to pull off yet another great match without a doubt, but as I said, I remain unhappy with the reuse of the gimmick of the match.

Hoping CM Punk wins this one as well, not because I wanna watch Rey Mysterio as a part of the Straight Edge Society, but simply because I would hate to see CM Punk go bald.

I'm wondering though...are they aiming to have Punk become a Face by having him shave? I will admit he is an entertaing star and I'm sure with his mic skills he could pull off something interesting. Honestly as a face he'd probably be better than Cena. His Straight Edge Society gives a better message than anything Cena does and plus unlike Cena he has awesome wrestling skills. He can do submission, technical, extreme, and even high flying sometimes.

So if Punk does shave and even become a face, he must overthrow Cena as top face the same way Ultimate Warrior dethroned Hogan at WM6.

But realisticly speaking, Punk is going to win this match and Rey will become SES member.

i feel mysterio should get the win because when we saw mysterio say punk only cares about himself, serena and gallows gave him a dirty look, especially serena, maybe we could have gallows and serena attack punk. we could then have serena and gallows form a tag team and make the tag titles available for both male and female wrestlers :)

What about Punk loses, he's strapped in the chair, ready to be shaved, then BAM!, in comes masked man and saves Punk. I reckon that is plausible, and it would give both credibility. SES gets credibility by having a new member join, making them become a faction not a trio. Rey wins and the kids go home happy, but Punk stay blad-free.

this match really gets you thinking, will punk shave his hair? will rey join ses, 2 things i don't want to happen...if im going to pick a winner, it has to be punk, as i don't think he will lose his hair...the SES, i want it to end soon, i mean, no titles within the stable...whats that all about?

1st of all, the masked guy who keeps doing the run ins is Joey Mercury, this has been well documented information for some time now. Secondly, I believe Punk will win, purely because it seems pointless to just abruptly end a feud which has actually made Mysterio interesting for the 1st time in aaaaaaaaages! Also, there's an opportunity for Rey to have an heroic storyline ala the LWO in WCW, in which he is an unwilling member of a group & eventually overcomes the leader & escapes their clutches (oooh, rehash alert!) I also find it hard to believe that Vince would discredit a stable that's about to gain at least one (mercury) maybe two (Young) new members

It's hard to see cm punk with a shaved head, or rey join the SES. But a Bald CM Punk? He would look rather eccentric. But also rey joining SES im not to sure about that

I think you guys are missing the big picture, if you remember last year with the JBL/HBK storyline in which JBL owned HBK (That eventually lead to HBK/Taker 1), it would be the same shit. He doesn't have to like the SES, but hes forced to work for the SES. It would work very well, and I'm looking forward to seeing that happen because I don't see the SES disbanding just yet.

with that in mind, i think rey should join the SES, Punk shouldnt shave his head, it just wouldnt look right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back