Who Is Better III - Rey Mysterio Vs CM Punk

Who Is Better?

• Cm Punk

• Rey Mysterio

• Tie

Results are only viewable after voting.

JerryLawlerMark

Dark Match Winner
CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio on my third episode of Who Is Better!!!!!!!!!! Who do you think is better overall?????

As I told you before, there are 5 categories, mic skills, in ring skills, charisma, accomplishments, and finally, LOUDER REACTION!!!!!!!!!!

Mic skills - Rey Mysterio
Some people confuse good mic skills with talking really slow. CM Punk doesn't have good mic skills, he just talks slow.

In ring skills - Very close one... but I have to give this one to Rey Mysterio
He has wayyy more moves than CM overrated!

Charisma - CM Punk
Rey Mysterio has close to no charisma

Accomplishments - CM Punk
Rey Mysterio has won lots of championships, but only 2 of them were World Championships. CM Punk is a 4 time World Champion and the first one to win money in the bank 2 times in a row. Very accomplished superstar. He still gets heat even when he jobs and I don't know how he does that. He is this generation's Chris Jericho.

Louder Reaction - Rey Mysterio, nuff said

Overall - Rey Mysterio, he won most of these categories.

Mic Skills CM punk by miles. Even in ROH with the "no mic" stuff was just great. Awesome talker whether hes a face or heel

In Ring Skills Again, CM punk. Even when rey was in his prime i'd still have to say punk for many reasons.

Charisma CM punk again although I think rey had charisma but not so much now.

Accomplishments CM punk and I won't get into it too much but yeah; Rey and his 2 horrible title reigns next to punks pretty good reigns as champion plus his run in ROH. I give credit to rey when he wrestled with WCW and in japan.

Louder Reaction Rey definitely although now we're starting to get cheers for a heel CM punk.

Overall CM punk for me. Much more entertaining to me, the better wrestler, with better mic skills.

I am beyond shocked that you had the audacity to put Rey ahead of Punk at mic skills. Punk is the best in the entire business today on the mic and his work on commentary proves that, Mysterio is probably one of the worst on the mic out of all the top level talent right now and has never had one good promo in the WWE.

Anyway, I'll score you categories the same way I did with the Cena/Orton won with a scale of 1-10.

Mic Skills: CM Punk 9. Rey Mysterio 3. The only reason Punk doesn't get the 10 is because I feel 10s should be reserved for The Rock, Flair, Jericho, Piper etc. but Punk is right behind them and I feel that if he was WWE Champ instead of Miz a lot more people would be talking about Punk right now and he'd hold his own with Rock on the mic.

In Ring Skills: CM Punk 8. Rey Mysterio 9. These are 2 of the very best in-ring performers today but I think Rey's a little more exciting to watch than Punk despite Punk's wider range of variety.

Charisma: CM Punk 9. Rey Mysterio 6. CM Punk just has that flair both on the mic and in the ring that just makes him connect with the crowd. Rey has in-ring charisma like no other but can't really connect with the fans via the mic so I have to give him a 6.

Accomplishments: CM Punk 7. Rey Mysterio 8. Punk may be the fastest Triple Crown Champion of all time but Rey has headlined a WrestleMania and has won all of the same titles that Punk did.

Louder Reaction: CM Punk 7. Rey Mysterio 9. Rey's masks are among the top-selling items on WWEshop.com and the fans love giving him a great pop wherever he goes. Punk was booed out the arena in 09 but in 11 he hasn't been pushed as the top heel like he was in 09.

Overall: CM Punk 40. Rey Mysterio 35. CM Punk says straight edge means he's better than us and I think it means he's better than Rey Mysterio too.

CM Punk and it's not even remotely close.

You're actually trying to tell me that Rey Mysterio is better on the mic than CM Punk???????? Wow...that's just...yeah that's not even remotely right. Mysterio is lucky if he can string a coherant sentence together on the mic. Punk's promos have been solid gold since his heel turn a few years back. Punk is extremely comfortable with his character and that's clear to anyone watching him when he cuts a promo. His mic work is smooth and confident.

As far as in-ring work goes, I like Punk more than Mysterio. From an all around perspective, Punk owns Mysterio. Take away Mysterio's flips and high flying offense, he's got nothing. Punk can do the high flying stuff as well, he has great mat & technical skills, he has a great understanding of in-ring psychology and he just flat knows how to tell a story in the ring better than Mysterio.

Charisma isn't even remotely a contest. Mysterio is pretty uncharismatic overall and Punk generally has people hanging on every word he says and everything he does. You've either got that ability or you don't. All the flips and flops in the world can't give it to you.

In terms of accomplishments, I have to admit that I'm a little more impressed with Mysterio rather than Punk. Mysterio is a little man that's managed to succeed in a bigger man's game. Nobody the size of Rey Mysterio has been such a big star or accomplished generally as much in American wrestling as Mysterio has. The man's a Cruiserweight wrestler that's made it to main event level status in the biggest wrestling company in the world. Mysterio's, of course, a multiple time Cruiserweight champ, 2 time World Champion, IC champ, tag champ, Royal Rumble winner. Punk has won a lot of accolades in WWE as well. He's a 3 time World Heavyweight Champion, former IC champ, ECW champ, tag champ back to back winner of the MITB matches at WrestleMania. I'm gonna call this one a tie.

As far as crowd reaction goes, it's definitely a closer match. Mysterio is still one of the most over faces and Punk is one of the best young heels working today. Mysterio is extremely popular with hispanic audiences and kids, which is a big reason why he's on SmackDown! as the blue brand does do stronger numbers in those demos than Raw does. I'd probably call this a tie.

Mic skills - CM Punk wins this by far. He is one of the best on the mic in WWE today. Mysterio has never been known for his mic skills and there is a reason why they don't have him talk THAT much.

In ring skills - Much closer then the previous category. Rey Mysterio by a slight edge. Mainly due to his diving moves and superior speed.

Charisma - CM Punk. He can draw some of the most heat out of anybody in the WWE. Rey can be exciting to watch in the ring but that doesn't really count as charisma.

Accomplishments - CM Punk. Going by main championships Rey has won 2 now and CM Punk 3 times. Going by quantity it is close but CM Punk has had much more quality reigns.

Louder Reaction - Tie. Like I said earlier CM Punk draws some of the most heat out of anyone in the WWE while Rey Mysterio is still one of the most over faces today.

Overall - CM Punk.

Mic skills - CM Punk
Rey Mysterio is one of the worst in the company on the mic, and Punl has become one of the best. Your choice here is incredibly odd. Punk doesn't talk slowly as far as I can tell. Randy Orton talks slowly, Punk talks calmly.

In ring skills - Rey Mysterio
This is tough because I'm not a fan of either of their ring work. I'm giving this to Mysterio because I find Punk sloppy, and simply cannot stand how he does the GTS, which just isn't an a good fit for him.

Charisma - CM Punk
I've been impressed with his charisma as a heel, after finding him utterly dull as a face. He has compelling segments, and I enjoyed his stint behind the announce table. Rey Mysterio is lacking in this department. Outside of high energy moves, I don't see anything particularly charismatic about the guy.

Accomplishments - Rey Mysterio
Rey Mysterio gets the nod mostly because he has been at a higher level for far longer. He anchored WCW's cruiserweight division for a good while, and is a Royal Rumble winner. Neither man's world championship reigns were all that spectacular, in my opinion.

Louder Reaction - Tie
This is just too hard to truly qualify. Mysterio definitely gets the bigger face pop, but Punk gets massive heel heat, especially with the straight edge stuff. Too close to call.

Overall - CM Punk
I'm giving it to Punk simply because he seems more versatile. Mysterio has some flashy moves, and that's about it. While I don't love Punk's ring work, it is definitely serviceable, plus he is considerably better on the mic, and has shown two distinct heel personas that draw heat in less than a year's time. I can see Punk making a decent face if push came to shove, but can't see Mysterio as a decent heel at all. Mysterio has an advantage when it comes to the Latin demographic, but with Del Rio and Sin Cara on board, that will drop as a necessity.

Wow i really like this matchup:

1. Mic Skills-CM Punk, best heel on the mic as a heel, not even close really, i think Rey is terrible on the mic, Punk was amazing as a face too.

2. In Ring Skills-CM Punk, i have no problem with rey in the ring, hes actually really good, but due to seeing punk in ROH, and as a face when he used his wider variety of moves, he edges Rey in this one.

3. Charisma-CM Punk, no need to go over this.

4. Accomplishments-CM Punk-ROH, ECW, WHC, Money in the bank (twice) thats a lot, rey just cant match up there.

5. Louder Reactions- Tie, Rey gets huge pops as a face, but the boos the Punk gets are deafening, its incredible, so a tie.

Overall-CM Punk, im not just jumping on the bandwagon, ive always seen Punk as a top performer, Rey could beat many other people in matchups, but this one is unwinable really

I'm going with Mysterio. I want to like Punk but I have never and probably will never find him entertaining in the ring. When Mysterio was in WCW, he just blew me away with the moves he can do in the ring and his speed and agility. Even with his knee and other injuries, he has been the most consistent great match performer other than Cena over the past three years. In terms of title reigns, I'm giving it to Mysterio. I barely remember Punk's ECW reign only because he lost it to Chavo. His first title reign was only memorable because of how he won and how he lost it. His second reign lasted a month and his third reign lasted a couple of months with basically a squash inside Hell in a Cell. Also, Mysterio had great matches with Jericho, Ziggler, and Morrison over the IC Title. Mysterio wins in terms of crowd reaction and it ain't even close. Punk was boring to me as a face and less boring as a heel but I still can't buy into him.

Mic skills - CM PUNK
Yeah talking slow doesnt mean good mic skills. Believability and delivery do. CM has those, Mysterio, is terrible at them. Every time he talks it seems forced.

In ring skills -CM Punk
Mysterio has become a bit of a spot monkey in his later years. Punk is more versatile and a way way way better seller.

Charisma - CM Punk
No Contest.

Accomplishments - CM Punk
Winning titles and at least appearing like he deserves them, running a couple stables.

Louder Reaction - I dont know

Overall - CM PUNKHe is better at literally everything I value in wrestling.

I really think that CM Punk is overrated!!
So i go with Mysterio by miles...

I'm sorry haters, but Mysterio can cut a promo very well!!
I dont know if you saw, but ADR is main eventing WrestleMania, because his first feud was with Mysterio and he make him tap in his first match, how many superstars let WWE use him to push over other ones ?!!!

OMG Mysterio has so much more history, when he won his first World Heavyweight Championship everybody was talking about him, i remeber very well that 619 that he did to Orton to win the championship!!
More recently his Elimination Chamber matc, omg he is no young guy, and he splash me to my screen when he went one.one with Edge!!
His matches are more epic than CM Punks!!

CM Punk isnt as great as you people paint him!!
He is good in the mic, no doubt abou that, but he as to act the character, and with that position i so much prefer Mysterio like the Saviour and Super-Hero!!

Acomplishments: So CM Punk did more??? :D That has to be a joke, Rey Mysterio here by miles!!!

Okay CM Punk won world championships, two times with money in the bank, wow what an acomplishment, even Miz won one by cashing his!!
He has a lot to grow, to be at the level that Rey is!!

So rey Mysterio by miles, stop being fans and think!!!

Its opinions, Marcos. If you want details of why we think CM punk is better we could go into it. Rey only won his first WHC because Eddie died. His second one was only because undertaker was injured so they needed a guy to fill in basically. The irony is, Rey was the one who injured taker at the time too. I was going by accomplishments all over the place not just WWE. I agree with what most people said with the whole take away reys high flying abilities and the 619 and he wouldn't be that good. Younger rey was much better. As for promos and segments, Rey is a mini John Cena on the mic. The underdog stuff has gotten old and he just preaches alot. Never give up blah blah blah. Oh and WWE was very high on del rio and since he is basically gonna be taking Rey's place they obviously would want del rio to come out on top. Hence why he is now main eventing W.M. As far as wrestling and perfoming goes i'd stil go with punk but thats just me. Most of his matches in ROH were great and hes still having some good matches and good segments. This is my opinion but don't tell us to "stop being fans and think." To me Rey is the one whos overrated.

Mic Skills - CM Punk, I'll be honest it was a little close not much mind you, but I can't remember any promo that Rey has cut and I was like :wtf:. Although I might be a little bias because the spanglish bugs me.

In-Ring Skills - I think it's CM Punk, now this one SHOULD be a tie if we base it off nothing but WWE. However seeing him in RoH it really shows how much WWE has watered him down.

Charisma - Tie. I really just can't pick here...although you guys seem to like Punk better all around.

Accomplishment - Punk, simple as that Rey has been around so long and done so little...Punk has accomplished more and has more than a year left in him.

Reaction - Currently Rey. I think Punk has the ability and has pulled a better reaction (during their feud even) but not right now.

Overall - CM Punk (3.5 picks)

MIC Skils : Punk
Not even close, I'm begging anyone to post a great promo given by Rey that tops anything said by CM Punk, don't worry, I'll wait. You can't, because Rey just rambles on about how he's an underdog, and then talks about why he doesn't approve of (insert superstar name here), and when he can't think of anything else he starts saying non sense in Spanish, and idiots cheer even though the majority of them have no idea waht he's saying. I agree with an above poster that said he doesn't talk slow but calm, and confident.

In Ring-Skills : Tie
Punk does a great job with carrying a match and telling a story (ring psychology) while I agree that if you take away the flipping and high spots you won't have much, but why take it away? It's entertaining nonetheless

Charisma : Punk

Accomplishments : Tie
Punk has been around for only a couple of years and has held MITB twice (back to back), 4 time world champion and a couple of WM'S under his belt. But what Rey has accomplished has been entertaining fans for over a decade.

Reactions : Rey

Overall Punk

Rey is a veteran, I'll give him that. He's a great performer/entertainer. His moves are exciting... or at least they used to be!!! Talk about over-REYted... Yeah he's great but it's hard to jump behind anyone who gets shoved down our throats as much as this guy does, and just because he has dynamic high flying moves does NOT mean he's better than some of the guys that put him over. Rey was the first of Del Rio's rivalries because he's the easiest target, not because he's the best in the business. Also because behind John Cena the kids mark out for Rey the most (maybe because they see eye 2 eye :lmao:
Maybe I'm biased because of these things, but you guys already listed the reasons why this superstar is better...: CM Punk

I really think that CM Punk is overrated!!
So i go with Mysterio by miles...

I'm sorry haters, but Mysterio can cut a promo very well!!
I dont know if you saw, but ADR is main eventing WrestleMania, because his first feud was with Mysterio and he make him tap in his first match, how many superstars let WWE use him to push over other ones ?!!!

OMG Mysterio has so much more history, when he won his first World Heavyweight Championship everybody was talking about him, i remeber very well that 619 that he did to Orton to win the championship!!
More recently his Elimination Chamber matc, omg he is no young guy, and he splash me to my screen when he went one.one with Edge!!
His matches are more epic than CM Punks!!

CM Punk isnt as great as you people paint him!!
He is good in the mic, no doubt abou that, but he as to act the character, and with that position i so much prefer Mysterio like the Saviour and Super-Hero!!

Acomplishments: So CM Punk did more??? :D That has to be a joke, Rey Mysterio here by miles!!!

Okay CM Punk won world championships, two times with money in the bank, wow what an acomplishment, even Miz won one by cashing his!!
He has a lot to grow, to be at the level that Rey is!!

So rey Mysterio by miles, stop being fans and think!!!

OH MY GOD! FINALLY, SOMEBODY AGREES WITH ME! I THINK CM PUNK IS VERY OVERRATED ON THE MIC AND IN THE RING.

Seriously! I don't know why people are complaining about Rey Mysterio's promos too! They are very entertaining. CM Punk talks too slow and his promos bore me. They are like an After-School Program, boring and pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back