WWE Over the Limit 2012: John Cena VS John Laurinaitis

Which one of the outcomes is most likely?

• Outcome 1

• Outcome 2

• Outcome 3

• Outcome 4

Results are only viewable after voting.

logan_punisher

The-SLiM_Punisher
John Cena attacked by laurinitis, lord tensia, & who ever that guy is who is with tensia, and at Over The Limit laurinitis vs. John Cena?? whats the Point? i really dont get it at all.. goes from John Cena rival with Lesnar to What the hell?? Obvious Triple H vs. Brock in near future. why laurinitis vs John Cena ??

I thought the ending to Raw was absolutely brilliant! Johnny turned into a full-blown malicious heel and took out John Cena. He then announced himself vs. Cena at Over the Limit.

I can honestly say I haven't enjoyed an ending to Raw this much since the Nexus debuted.

I think Johnny L. suddenly became much more relevant, as he is now a full heel, as opposed to a "stooge" heel!

What do you all think about this angle?

^ but if WWE was really trying to re-create Austin-McMahon (I remember that feud quite well)

wouldn't CM Punk have been the better choice? Punk seems more the anti-authoritative figure and IMO the promos Punk cut toward Johnny Ace are better done and seem more heated

**Cena & Punk obviously don't like Johnny Ace, but I feel it comes across better from Punk's side

John Cena attacked by laurinitis, lord tensia, & who ever that guy is who is with tensia, and at Over The Limit laurinitis vs. John Cena?? whats the Point? i really dont get it at all.. goes from John Cena rival with Lesnar to What the hell?? Obvious Triple H vs. Brock in near future. why laurinitis vs John Cena ??

Foul! Improper grammar and spelling that makes my eyes bleed.

what's the point? WHY IT'S SIMPLE, DEAR WATSON! WWE needs Laurinitis be a major heel. I mean, yeah he's a "heel" but really (in my case) he's a heel you press mute for. with the John/Teddy thing seemingly over for the moment, who do they need to focus on next? Arguably the most over superstar of the last decade, and the face of the show. and, with Lesnar now apparently going to do a program with Triple H, John Cena's an open target.

really, i'm just waiting for future weeks so I can make fun of this. Unless we're thrown a Russo swerve, nobody really thinks Laurinitis will be victorious over Cena...at least, I don't think they do, but what do I know?

I agree Punk might have been better, as really we got no real closure from their angle in the past (or none I remember) but I'm willing to overlook in hopes for Punk and Bryan lasting more than one match

Yes it was brilliant, Im a big fan of how Laurinaitis plays his charachter... The man deserves an oscar, Maybe even a title run in the not to distant future.

Not even trolling.

I was looking forward to the CM Punk v Jonny Laurinitus match. There was a lot of speculation the Punk v Jonny was the new Vince v Stone Cold so I don't get this angle really.
I actually dont get the whole thing. Is triple H a heel or a face. I thought Punk was beefing with Triple H and nothing came of it then that transitioned into beef between Laurinitus and Punk but now Cena is in the mix against Laurinitus. So what the hell. Triple H has beef with laurinitus and forgot he had beef with Punk, and Laurinitus has beef with Cena and forgot he has beef with Punk.
Im confused is all I am saying. Plus where the heck does Tensai fit into this. He sux.
I dont personally want to see Cena vs Laurinitus and am not looking forward to it. Just my two cents.

to me atleast this match seems like it will be the beginning of the end of people power era in wwe to me either cenas gonna beat the hell out of big johnny or tensai gets added to the match or faces cena before the match and johnny just gets the pin but between this and brock "breaking triple h's arm" i think the beginning of the end of people power comes at over the limit. of course this is also a lame attempt at recreating austin vs mcmahon

^ but if WWE was really trying to re-create Austin-McMahon (I remember that feud quite well)

wouldn't CM Punk have been the better choice? Punk seems more the anti-authoritative figure and IMO the promos Punk cut toward Johnny Ace are better done and seem more heated

**Cena & Punk obviously don't like Johnny Ace, but I feel it comes across better from Punk's side

He would be if WWE had any faith in CM Punk what so ever. Besides, they did Lauranitis vs Punk. Some people have probably forgotten because it was extremely boring. I think the idea is to put Cena against heels that can get themselves booed. Johnny Ace does that pretty well.

Boy some of you like rehashed crap! If they were going to do this angle again (since we already seen McMahon vs Austin) it should have been Punk. Johnny stars as a poor mans Vinny Mac and Cena is nothing character wise like Austin so like so many others why not Punk? I posted a thread last week about the WWE not being very original anymore and I got blasted. I'm not saying that it all sucks I am just saying add new flare to the old story. With so many big names still around every ppv should be top notch and so should every Raw. Just my two cents but I'll wait for the next couple of weeks before I judge all this as bad or good. Gotta give it a chance.

#Facepalm.
Really? Where did all of that come from. I mean seriously. They've had a month to build the Cena/Brock feud and now all of a sudden, John Laurinitis vs. Cena.
Seriously? This is intriguing to you guys?
Come on man....

I'm thinking a SERIOUS audible got called here. I'm just trying to figure out where.

I definitely did not expect this coming into tonight's Raw, so I suppose I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know what to think of this match-up, though. Johnny Ace clearly isn't going to be ready, at this stage in his career, to work a full match by himself. His time as an in-ring performer has passed him by. As such, I'm expecting Lord Tensai at ringside to even the score, while Cena will carry a majority of the in-ring action, or take a beating from Laurinaitis and company for most of the match. I'm conflicted about that, though. We saw a vicious beating handed down to Cena's already injured arm, so they will definitely be playing that angle up. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Cena is unfit to even participate in the match and does indeed take some time off, though I think he'll probably wait until after Over the Limit.

I'm glad to see that they're playing Big Johnny up as a heel, I'm even a fan of them pushing this storyline with John Cena. Most figured it would be Punk/Laurinaitis at some point, but Cena is a much more natural fit here. It makes perfect sense, as Cena is the face of the WWE and Johnny Ace wants to change that, whether it be through Brock Lesnar or at his own hands. Tonight's Raw will certainly add to that, and I'm looking forward to see what punishment, if any, Johnny Ace will be facing for this. I'm also anticipating the introduction of a stipulation, because this match can't be a straight up one-on-one.

I'm expecting a John Laurinaitis win here, with John Cena being put out of action during the match. They don't need Cena to go over here, plus it makes for a better long-term story with Cena/Laurinaitis. They can use this match at Over the Limit to build toward a potential blow-off at Summerslam, or one of the bigger PPVs down the line. I don't think the result is clean/fair, though. Johnny Ace will certainly have his goons at ringside, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lesnar come into play and get some revenge on Cena for the loss at Extreme Rules.

wwe writers:

Lets take CM Punks heat with Laurinitis and redirect it at Cena
Put Lesnar against the already over semi retired HHH
And blow the indy fan boys load nice and early by putting Danielson vs Punk at a non major PPV.

genius-rage-face.png

Punk v Ace would be a joke. Cena,like it or not,brings in the viewers and PPV buys tons more than Punk does. Really,Punks tv viewer #s drop huge when hes on ,especially since hes been champ.

my only problem with this match is it just came out of nowhere! for months, Cena hasnt even been talking to Lauranaitis and then Brock comes back to take out Cena because Lauranaitis wants it for some odd reason and now he's challenging him to a match which is odd considering that he turned down a match vs. CM Punk. it could be a decent match, so i dont hate it, i just am surprised on how it just came out of nowhere.

Triple H has beef with laurinitus and forgot he had beef with Punk, and Laurinitus has beef with Cena and forgot he has beef with Punk.
well, Triple H and Punk put their beef in the past after their match and then formed a respect type of relationship, so that's understandable, but what isnt understandable is how Ace went from Punk to Cena so quickly. i would never have guessed that Cena vs. Ace would occur before Punk vs. Ace months ago.

I think this was a brilliant move by WWE here. Let's look at everything closely.

For storyline purposes, Big Johnny brought in Brock Lesnar to be the new face of the WWE. Cena made it very clear in his promo tonight. Big Johnny was running Cena out the door and was bringing Lesnar in as the face.

Lesnar "breaks" Triple H's arm. Lesnar is in "trouble" with the powers that be and HHH is (kayfabe) out for a while.

This makes sense to me. Big Johnny showed some Mr. McMahon mannerisms in there tonight. The way he attacked Cena, barking out order to Tensai and his facial expression and walk. I like this move.

And besides, I don't think it'll be a straight up one-on-one match. Johnny is going to somehow add some No DQ stipulation to ensure that he has as much backup as possible to stack the odds against Cena even more.

I'm more interested in seeing what they do with Cena. Is he going lie down and take beatings for the next three weeks, or will Cena have that edge?

I'm kind of high but isn't this a realistic theory that we all would thoroughly enjoy?

Johnny Ace sets his full blown "don't cross the boss heel" by stacking the odds against John at OTL with crazy stipulations and help from Sensai (who isn't ready for his own feud yet). Have Cena fight like hell but ultimately Cena gets the hell beat out of them and takes some time off.

Then have Daniel Bryan beat CM Punk for the belt (maybe with help from Ace).

That sets up CM Punk/Johnny Ace feud quite well. Cena takes his break. Lesnar/Tensai/Bryan all remain associated with Ace along with Eve you have a great heel faction.

Tag team division seems to be a priority.

It's like Brock Lesnar is the Corporate champ, from the Corporation angle 98/99 and John Cena is playing SCSA and the Payoff is Wrestlemania 29. Cena and Lesnar will avoid each other until then, Laurinitus is playing VKM and CM Punk is Mankind. The Miz is playing HHH, who benefited the most from The Corporation angle.

I find it odd that we get Cena vs Lauranaitis but never got Punk vs Laurnaitis. The Punk/Lauranitis feud was horrible, so I'm not saying I wanted to see them fight. I just find it a little strange how Johnny Ace hates Punk but never did anything to make his life as champion miserable, now that he has full control.

Kayfabe wise Cena vs Lauranities makes sense. Lauranities wants Lesnar as the face of the WWE not Cena. I'm would think this is leading to Lord Tensai/Cena program.

My guess is Lesnar appears at Over the Limit to aid Johnny Ace and put Cena on the shelf for a few months. That'll (somewhat) make up for Cena leaving under his own power at Extreme Rules, and will keep the Cena/Lesnar feud in motion. Then cue HHH's return and the beginning of the H/Lesnar feud.

This has the potential to be a complete clusterfuck of a match, and I imagine it will be.

I can't seriously imagine Cena and Laurinaitis in a one on one wrestling match, especially if it's going to go 20+ minutes. So expect some crazy stipulation that will give Johnny the advantage (eg. Cena is not allowed to use his limbs).

Also, expect to see an insane amount of run-ins and interference. Ace has Tensai, Sakamoto, Otunga, Del Rio, and Lesnar to use as frontline defence, whereas Cena, despite being one of the top dogs, is pretty much a loner.

Are we going to see an uprising of support for Cena from the WWE locker room in an attempt to overthrow the 'People Power' regime? Doubt it. Laurinaitis needs to be in this villainous role for much, much longer for it to properly stick.

Still, will be interesting to see how Johnny Ace works in the ring after all these years.

Should be interesting, Ace hasn't been in the ring in years and unlike most authority figures is has somewhat of a good figure to be a in the ring.

Of course that probably isn't going to happen.

What's obvious to me is that this match could resemble that McMahon/Lashley series back from 2007. Most of the match will consist of Tensai, Sakamoto, and maybe Lesnar and Otunga teaming with Laurinits to beat down Cena. Next phase Cena fights back after some assisted run in or by pure heart and the climax begins. I'm not to sure as to who is going to win this match, as I have stated this won't be a competitive match and doesn't really need to be. Whether Laurinits's "people power" could survive leading to a further match between the two (like the McMahons and Umaga vs Lashley) or I could just as easily predict Cena ending people power right then and there. Either way should be fairly entertaining.

I guess the Laurinits and his "people power" will survive through Over the Limit and end sometime later.

Who cares if this isn't going to be a mat classic. It's going to be a tremendously fun character match. Johnny thinks that because Cena is hurt and he has Lord Tensai in his corner that he has Cena beat. Gonna be some fun shit.

Wrestling shows should have variety. Punk/Dragon will be filled with in ring wizardry, HHH/Lesnar (if it happens) will bring the brawling mauling, and then this will be a crazy clusterfuck (in a good way). Throw in a solid Ziggler match and a divas piss break and you have another solid show.

wwe writers:

Lets take CM Punks heat with Laurinitis and redirect it at Cena
Put Lesnar against the already over semi retired HHH
And blow the indy fan boys load nice and early by putting Danielson vs Punk at a non major PPV.

genius-rage-face.png
HHH is one of the most over guys, it'll be a great match and at this point, he's one of the few guys that seems like a match for Lesnar. Plus Lesnar beating him up makes Lessie look even more like a monster.

Second, Cena vs Ace makes sense since everyone knows Cena is the face, not Punk (and this is coming from a guy who has followed Punk since "When Hero Met Punk"). Plus Punk vs Ace had been going on for a looooooong time.

Third, why in fuck would you put Dragon in the WWE title match at a major PPV at this point? Dragon is over, but they are testing to see if he can maintain it. This is perfect. Also, they aren't blowing anyone's load, are you too stupid to realize that they can have more than 1 match? If the feud gets really over, I guarantee they push it to SummerSlam. If it doesn't stay over, well then it shouldn't be on a major show huh?

I swear, some of you go to great lengths and disregard logic to hate.

Who cares if this isn't going to be a mat classic. It's going to be a tremendously fun character match.

Exactly. This is the kind of thing WWE does so well as far as keeping us wondering what in hell they're going to do with this match. Yes, it's obviously stupid to think these two men are going to engage in a straight up, one-on-one match. Just the fact that Laurinaitis is calling for the contest rather than being forced into it gets us wondering what Creative has come up with. There'll be special stipulations, conditions or planned interference working against Cena. Maybe they'll make Cena fight from a wheelchair.....or with both arms tied behind his back. Who knows? The key here is the novelty, not the competitive aspects of the contest.

In the end, they'll likely come up with something we hadn't figured on.....and of course, whatever it is, tons of "wrestling fans" on this forum are bound to hate it.

Par for the course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back