• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE not what it used to be....

G-Money said:
I disagree with everything you guys said. What I think is people like you guys just like to complain because no matter what WWE does its not good enough.

What the hell has TNA done to be better then WWE? Nothing! Fast pace matches doesn't = better matches. They got the worst announcers in the world on their show. Their ppvs are overrated.(Its just iMPACT that has a few more hours to it.) They have ruined guys like Sting and Cage, which I used to be big fans off, now I hate them. Kurt Angle also lost all my respect for the bullshit he pulled.

Real WWE fans will never turn their back on WWE for TNGAY.
Relax bub. What's your problem anyways? We're talking in a respectful tone and you come here and start bashing us because we turned to TNA since we were unsatisfied by WWE. It's WWE's own fault. Do you think we just woke up one day and said to ourselves: "for no reason at all, I think I'm going to just start supporting TNA over WWE which I've watched my whole life. And I'm going to just pretend like I like it more even though I don't think it's good." Why would we support something new if we didn't truly think it was the better brand. Don't you realize just a little bit that there has to be something special in TNA if WWE faithfuls would turn to it and say that it's the better show? We wanted to believe that WWE was the better show because we watched it for so long, but TNA is just so good that we can't lie to ourselves and seriously say that WWE is better.

As for your Sting and Christian Cage comment, how on earth did they ruin him? You obviously are biased and refuse to even give TNA any chances to impress you at all. Why? I don't know. If anything, TNA saved Christian Cage by taking him from WWE who severely underused him and took him and gave him a well deserved World Heavyweight Title. As for Sting, TNA pulled him from retirement and even changed his gimick so it wouldn't be the same old boring Sting any more, and it worked. Now he's the NWA World Champion. How is that ruining him?

As for you Commentating comment. Yes, TNA commentators are bad. They are very bad, but that doesn't mean you should judget the whole business on them alone. The wrestlers in the ring should mean much more than the Commentators talking about them.

Finally, as for your comment that fast paced matches doesn't mean better matches, we know that. If you watched TNA pay-per-views you'd know that it's not just fast paced wrestling. It's smooth classic wrestling that flows perfectly. These guys don't just do a ton of flips and call it a match, that's Lucha Libre wrestling, these guys just fight classic type matches, but they add a little flair in there. Sting v. Jarrett wasn't a fast paced match, and that was the best match at bound for glory because it provided a classic wrestling match type atmosphere.

cmiller9291 said:
i think that wwe is still good. i mean look at the recent main events on raws: edge vs cena cage match, two weeks with hhh vs orton. that kind of stuff could main event ppv's. tna probably has better wrestling but when it comes to wrestlers tellings stories through matches, tna just doesnt do the job for me. i think wwe has better storylines and the wwe announcing is 10 times better. i think tna is good, but in a lot of respects, not as good as wwe.
Now that's a great argument from a WWE point of view. Very classy argument for WWE. However, as for your telling a story thing, I think that both the businesses have wrestlers that tell a story. Sabin v. Senshi, you could feel the heat of the rivalry through that whole match at Bound for Glory. Cena v. Edge, same thing in that Cage match (although I really wished they'd end that rivalry which it looks like they may have done that). I love J.R. on commentary and I really wish that it was him talking when I hear that horrible Mike Tenay and Don West.

Hax0r Jim Doogan said:
My interest in WWE has been going down over the past few years. It just seems like they've run out of ideas. I just happened to see TNA's Bound for Glory the other day and was floored by some of the matches. Reminds me of when WWE was building up to the Attitude era. I'm throwing my support towards TNA these days.
I like that comparison of the Attitude era to TNA nowadays. That's completely the same thing as I see that as. The WWE in those days was facing wrestlers in WCW with HUGE star power names I'm talking people like the L.O.D., Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, The Steiner Brothers, Rowdy Roddy Piper, etc. However, big names didn't impress in the ring compared to the people in the WWE who were young and started off with no star power but eventually became big names by their in ring ability and their characters that genius writers gave them. I'm talking about people like Stunning Steve Austin (turned to Stone Cold Steve Austin), Rocky Miavia (turned to the Rock), Hunter Hearst Helmsley (HHH), Midnight Rocker Shawn Michaels (Turned to HBK Shawn Michaels), and numerous other wrestlers that went from nothing to HUGE names. I think that that's what TNA is doing and people like Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Austin Starr, Samoa Joe, etc. will become HUGE names in wrestling and eventually cause problems for WWE.

MadMetal said:
I strongly disagree. I think the WWE is more focussed on wrestling than ever. And yes, it is true. Well not more than ever, but since 1997. Just because there was a LIVE SEX celebration doesn't mean it's all about sex and soap operas. I mean, yes he was awesome and I mark out for him, but we had Stone Cold Steve Austin as the top guy. All we'd see him do was throw 5 billion punches as a brawler. Entertaining, but was shit compare to wrestling styles today. We had The McMahon-Helmsley faction open EVERY SINGLE show. We had Austin vs McMahon that involved much talking taking over the promotion. It sold because it was entertaining, but because of the actual wrestling.

Today, there's many MANY more guys who can wrestle than ever before. Shelton Benjamin, Finlay, Bobby Lashley, Carlito, Jeff Hardy, Edge, Super Crazy, Ken Kennedy, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio all could easily out-wrestle Goldust, The Blue Meanie, Steve Austin, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Al Snow etc.

And, you CAN NOT compare TNA to the old WWE. I say most of TNA's fan-base has never been WWE fans. They're "diffrent fans". Those who were from the darker side of wrestling following the old ECW, NJPW and many indy promotions. That's why they're very picky when it comes to what happens in the ring IMO. WWE keeps things clean and somewhat simple to follow.

But that's not all, I put most of the blame on today's generation of wrestlers. In the 90's and 80's, they thought the fame and money looked cool. THERE ARE MANY who are in the business for the fame and money that didn't care about wrestling at all prior to joining. These people could end up being good in the ring, but they forgot that wrestling is, and always has been about producing your own charecter to sell yourself, or else you will have to be given a charecter that will hopefully sell until you could produce your natural charecter through the given one.
Austin only throwing punches?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What?! Did you even watch a match with him. Watch Bret Hart v. Steve Austin in their Submission match at wrestlemania then try to say that all he did was throw punches. Wow! I'm shocked that anyone would make that statement.

As for WWE having all those wrestlers you named, they're all great wrestlers (except Jeff Hardy) but most of those guys you named aren't even in the main event. Instead, you have John Cena with his five move moveset being the champion. Booker T who would be past his prime if he ever had one to begin with as the World Heavyweight Champion, and The Big Show who is a waste of space as the ECW champion. There are basically no more tag teams in existence on WWE because everyone of them continue to be split up. They have the Boogey man who has one powerslam and that's it and he'll be taking a match slot at the next smackdown pay-per-view from someone deserving. WWE is not concerned with wrestling. They're concerned with storylines.

diehard wrestling fan said:
Has nothing to do with being good enough...WWE focuses completely on sex now instead of wrestling which is what the COMPANY was about...And ruined Sting and Cage?Are you just ******ed???They are actually wrestling...not talking about whether or not a wrestler likes 3somes or pulling a chicken out of someone's butt...Give me a break...its people like you that are ruining what real wrestling is about....And I am glad Sting never went to the WWE because they would have ruined him like they did to Goldberg.

Then I guess u never watched WWE. in the 90's and attitude era they did the same thing. They had sex, wrestling and story lines in it. TNA is boring and overrated.

iamwrestling said:
Relax bub. What's your problem anyways? We're talking in a respectful tone and you come here and start bashing us because we turned to TNA since we were unsatisfied by WWE. It's WWE's own fault. Do you think we just woke up one day and said to ourselves: "for no reason at all, I think I'm going to just start supporting TNA over WWE which I've watched my whole life. And I'm going to just pretend like I like it more even though I don't think it's good." Why would we support something new if we didn't truly think it was the better brand. Don't you realize just a little bit that there has to be something special in TNA if WWE faithfuls would turn to it and say that it's the better show? We wanted to believe that WWE was the better show because we watched it for so long, but TNA is just so good that we can't lie to ourselves and seriously say that WWE is better.

As for your Sting and Christian Cage comment, how on earth did they ruin him? You obviously are biased and refuse to even give TNA any chances to impress you at all. Why? I don't know. If anything, TNA saved Christian Cage by taking him from WWE who severely underused him and took him and gave him a well deserved World Heavyweight Title. As for Sting, TNA pulled him from retirement and even changed his gimick so it wouldn't be the same old boring Sting any more, and it worked. Now he's the NWA World Champion. How is that ruining him?

As for you Commentating comment. Yes, TNA commentators are bad. They are very bad, but that doesn't mean you should judget the whole business on them alone. The wrestlers in the ring should mean much more than the Commentators talking about them.

Finally, as for your comment that fast paced matches doesn't mean better matches, we know that. If you watched TNA pay-per-views you'd know that it's not just fast paced wrestling. It's smooth classic wrestling that flows perfectly. These guys don't just do a ton of flips and call it a match, that's Lucha Libre wrestling, these guys just fight classic type matches, but they add a little flair in there. Sting v. Jarrett wasn't a fast paced match, and that was the best match at bound for glory because it provided a classic wrestling match type atmosphere.

Dude first of all don't even act like your on expert on wrestling.

I gave TNA a chance and they blew it big time. I gave them more then one chance and they did nothing but disapoint. TNGAY is overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back