WWE No Mercy: WWE World Championship - AJ Styles (c) VS John Cena VS Dean Ambrose

Who should win?

• Dean Ambrose

• AJ Styles

• John Cena

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.

WWE World Championship
AJ Styles © Vs. Dean Ambrose Vs. John Cena

Who should win?
AJ Styles

Who is likely to win?
AJ Styles

AJ Styles has to defend his newly-won title against John Cena and Dean Ambrose in his first title defense. I think that Styles' retaining the title is the best option for everyone involved.

Ambrose's heel turn has made the match more interesting. I guess that Styles retains and then moves onto Randy Orton for Survivor Series. And Ambrose blames Cena for his loss and we get Ambrose Vs. Cena at Survivor Series.

Who should win?

This has the potential to be a very good match. Styles win and should win really. I think WWE will test the waters more with the dynamic between Dean and Cena, after the last Smackdown where Dean got booed for attacking Cena.

If the Dean/Cena dynamic pays off, then we might get Dean vs Cena down the line with a Dean heel turn, just like we got Dean vs Lesnar due to their dynamic. If not, I see one of the two, moving on to challenge Styles at Survivor Series.

I think the overall purpose of this match was to put John Cena in the middle of a high profile match in which he doesn't have to be the one who gets pinned. I see them setting up a 1 on 1 match for Styles & Cena later on down the line, possibly for WrestleMania as I see Styles holding onto the title for a while. Ambrose will ultimately be the guy who takes the fall here and, if I'm correct, he also has a return 1 on 1 bout with Styles, possibly as some sort of gimmick match for Survivor Series.

Cena will be a 16 time World Champion, we all know it and most of us have made peace with it. As a result, since he'd tie Flair's total for an official 16 World Championship reigns, they'll save it for a big show like WrestleMania. Cena is becoming something of a part timer now and I think he's set to take time off in October, I won't swear to it but I think that's what I remember reading, and I can see him coming back to earn a World Championship match, however they're going to decide who challenges for what title given the brand split, around Royal Rumble time.

This should've been Smackdowns SummerSlam title match. I'd feel sorry for Ambrose getting lumbered with Ziggler if I didn't think that was his level.

Should be good but these brand specific shows will get old quick.

Isn't it funny how they've already built this matchup better than they did the match in which Styles won the title?

Granted, a lot of that has to do with John Cena, as he has a personal issue with Styles already and one with Ambrose was created rather quickly. But it felt natural to have Cena come out and lay a claim to the title Styles now holds. Should Cena be in the title equation? I'm not sure. As a Cena mark I want to say yes, but the entire reason Styles got the title match against Ambrose was because he beat John Cena at Summerslam. Cenalost both one-on-one matchups with Styles, and theoretically their feud should have ended when Styles pinned Cena clean at Summerslam. Styles has done a nice job prolonging the issue wearing Cena's armband and stealing Cena's quote(about being the "face that runs the place"), and I think that's why it feels natural for Cena to be shoehorned into this match. Because honestly, he has no claim to a title match on merit.

Speaking of natural, that's how it felt to see the edgier, angry Dean Ambrose that we saw on Tuesday. The side of him that angrily confronted Styles over the way he won the championship and Cena over his "sanctimonious bullcrap" was a side that was missing during the build with Styles to their title match and throughout his entire reign as WWE Champion. It really did feel as though he had lost his edge, so perhaps him losing the title is the best thing that's happened to his character. Ambrose has less of a chance then Cena in winning the title here, but hopefully this is a new direction for him.

Which brings me to AJ Styles. Styles is doing the best work of his career, both in-ring and on the microphone. His arrogance no longer feels forced, and his facial expressions have been spot-on. His in-ring work has always been stellar, but he's really been getting the best out of his opponents. Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns both have had the matches of their careers against Styles, and Styles and Cena are the frontrunners for MOTY with their bout at Summerslam. I was really worried about the direction Styles was headed after he lost to Jericho clean at Wrestlemania, but he's responded with the best work of his career. It's a no-brainer that he keeps the title here, and pins Ambrose in doing so.

Yeah I didn't see this coming actually - I anticpiated that Cena would be absent for a while longer, and Ambrose and Styles would battle it out for the next couple of PPV's 1 on 1.

This hasn't worked out too well for Ambrose, Cena went right for the jugular in that promo and not many guys can stand up to him on the mic when he's in that kind of mood. I thought Ambrose responded pretty well considering. But it all looked like a way of killing his heat - even if he did get the last say. Not too sure it's a full 'heel turn' for Ambrose, he's always been cast in that tweener role to some extent. Interesting to hear him get genuine boos though - I thought he'd get cheered for landing Cena - but it was a fairly pro Cena crowd.

I think this is evidence that they don't see Ambrose as the main babyface to carry the brand going forward, at least not for now. They've got Orton and Cena in waiting, and I expect both of them to come to the forefront at some point.

As for the match - I see Styles going over here, makes no sense to switch the title at the moment.

This is hilarious as I said A jobber Styles won't keep the title long cause wwe is anti TNA and this is the sad truth that cause Styles beat cena many times he may win his title again or Ambrose surprises us with a win but Styles won't keep it!

WWE World Championship
AJ Styles © Vs. Dean Ambrose Vs. John Cena

Who should win?
AJ Styles

Who is likely to win?
AJ Styles

AJ Styles has to defend his newly-won title against John Cena and Dean Ambrose in his first title defense. I think that Styles' retaining the title is the best option for everyone involved.

Ambrose's heel turn has made the match more interesting. I guess that Styles retains and then moves onto Randy Orton for Survivor Series. And Ambrose blames Cena for his loss and we get Ambrose Vs. Cena at Survivor Series.

Who should win?

I think AJ wins by pinning Cena. Ambrose hits Dirty Deeds on Cena and AJ steals the win to keep Ambrose looking strong.

Ambrose and AJ face off again at Survivor Series. I think they'll save AJ vs. Orton for WM. I could see Bray vs. Orton lasting to Royal Rumble. Cena vs. AJ at RR.

I hope AJ Styles wins. Who he pins could go either way, but I'd be fine with it. AJ Styles has been damn entertaining on the mic with his shots at John Cena. It's really great stuff haha. Dean Ambrose has been excellent on the mic too and I have been loving his promos recently. He just really knows how to take jabs with his words and it works. I'm expecting a great showing by all three of these guys at No Mercy. If AJ Styles does manage to score another pinfall on John Cena (at No Mercy this time), then wow, that man has Cena's number this year. He's been having such a great first year in the WWE, it's crazy. I would love to see him face Randy Orton in the near future. There's a lot of potential there too.

In an extremely unusual happening, WWE.com is reporting that the triple threat WWE World Championship match will kick off the official No Mercy card tonight at 8 pm EST.

The only reason I can guess as to why they're going this route is over worries that a lot of people may not watch the entire show because of the 2nd Presidential Debate beginning tonight at 9 pm EST. Media coverage has been nonstop the past few days regarding Donald Trump's latest debacle and, as a result, many are predicting tonight's debate to draw even more viewers than the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back