• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE No Mercy: Tag Team Championship - Heath Slater & Rhyno (c) VS The Usos

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This match is basically a rematch from Backlash where Slater & Rhyno became the inaugural WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champions by beating the Usos in the tournament finals. In what was something of a surprise, Slater & Rhyno won that match clean, though I think the little Cinderella story is over.

Unless American Alpha runs some sort of interference or distraction, I see the Usos becoming tag champs for the third time.

In what was something of a surprise, Slater & Rhyno won that match clean.

I don't understand this from people. If they didn't state it outright, they sure as hell implied that winning the tag team titles was Slater's last chance to get a contract. They couldn't have that story run forever, so them winning was very predictable once American Alpha was taken out of the equation.

Generally comedy teams don't have long runs, but I feel like this would be short even for that kind of run, so I'm going to pick Slyno. Really though, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Uso's win. But I feel like they would only be place holders for AA to take the belts, and I also feel it's still too soon for them. Keep it on Slyno for awhile so AA can get some more time in. Even heel Uso's don't excite me as tag champs again. They get more hate than they deserve, but really, before this heel turn they've been the same for years.

They implied that Slater had to win or he wouldn't get a contract, but I don't think anybody thought a newly heel team would get turned over by a comedy team for a new championship.

I'm pretty sure that Slater and Rhyno get the bullet here. They painted themselves into a corner, the WWE I mean, by saying that Slater had to win to earn himself a contract. They protected American Alpha from that situation by having them get injured before the PPV. But now that the angle with Slater has reached its end, it's time for the regular programming to take over. The Usos will win the match by nefarious means and it will trigger the feud between them and American Alpha for the Tag Team Championships. Alpha are the real stars and the potential in the Tag Team division in the WWE. The operation to rocket them to the top starts here and The Usos are the ideal foil for that.

Let Usos win this match via some heel tactic. The only motive for Slayno to become Tag Champs has been already completed i.e to give Slater a Smackdown Contract.

Heel Usos have been impressive to me, atleast. They should win the tag titles and then lose to American Alpha at Survivor Series.

I guess this is the end of Slater's good run this year. Back to jobbing?

Let Usos win this match via some heel tactic. The only motive for Slayno to become Tag Champs has been already completed i.e to give Slater a Smackdown Contract.

Heel Usos have been impressive to me, atleast. They should win the tag titles and then lose to American Alpha at Survivor Series.

I guess this is the end of Slater's good run this year. Back to jobbing?

I wouldn't be surprised if they lose the titles. Usos beat them at No Mercy, then beats them on a rematch at SD. Hopefully, Slater and Rhyno gets to be in a Survivor Series match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back