• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Elimination Chamber: WWE SD Tag Team Championship Tag Team Turmoil Match

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Given the number of teams involved, I think they should've gone ahead and made this an Elimination Chamber match.

The blue brand's biggest weakness is its tag team division as only American Alpha and the Usos are the only real forces there. The novelty of Rhyno & Heath Slater went as far as it could while the Ascension, Breezango and the Vaudevillains have spent the entirety of their existence as jobbers.

The more I think on it, the more I wonder if it should all be one single tag team division with one championship with no tag team being exclusive to either brand.

Funny how last night when American Alpha did the open challenge I though The Revival was gonna answer it, turns out we got everyone but them. The only reason they're doing this is so that they can eat up time on what's shaping up to be a historically thin PPV card. A Tag Team Turmoil match will probably get you at least 5-10 minutes more than a normal Tag Title match probably would. But I have no interest in seeing this and I don't think anyone else does.

A turmoil match definitely paves the way for The Revival to appear and protects American Alpha if they've already gone through 5 teams.

A turmoil match definitely paves the way for The Revival to appear and protects American Alpha if they've already gone through 5 teams.
You're right but I don't think that The Revival is going to be called up anytime soon. That's because due to an injury, TM61 is out for almost 9 months and if Revival is called up, NXT tag division has just two teams in Authors Of Pain and #DIY. That's why the possibility of Revival appearing isn't quite possible.

As for the match, I think that American Alpha should retain the titles for sure. There's no credible tag team on Smackdown Live to take off the titles from these two. Maybe Usos but still I'll prefer the champs.

Why not go the surprise route on this one and give one of the jobber team a championship run at this point, it's not like american alpha are that hot of a team right now anyway. Maybe try something different and see if a team like the ascension can get over with the championship because it's not like the smackdown tag division will get any focus anyway during wrestlemania season, so why not try something, if it works good, if it doesn't just pit the belt back on american alpha on the mania pre show or the smackdown after mania.

Tag Team didvision is the biggest weakness SD have right now. If it was up to me, i will debut 1 NXT team and return 1 former team for this match. And this hopefully will make my show better overall, since now i will have godd main events, solid midcard matches, good women's division and solid tag team division. This + 1 good main event player and SD will be better than RAW no matter how many guest Legends red brand have.

You're right but I don't think that The Revival is going to be called up anytime soon. That's because due to an injury, TM61 is out for almost 9 months and if Revival is called up, NXT tag division has just two teams in Authors Of Pain and #DIY. That's why the possibility of Revival appearing isn't quite possible.

As for the match, I think that American Alpha should retain the titles for sure. There's no credible tag team on Smackdown Live to take off the titles from these two. Maybe Usos but still I'll prefer the champs.

I assume The Revival will be properly done with NXT after they have a 3-way with DIY and the Authors of Pain at the next Takeover show.

And NXT used to have a tag division comprised of The Ascension and nobody else of note, and during the last brand split Raw and Smackdown pretty much at a division each comprising two teams.

There's also Sanity and those other two big guys whose names I can't remember that are probably going to get a good push eventually. Revival have done everything left to do in NXT. The only thing left is a feud with AoP and that likely would have to include a heel turn and 2 months of waiting for DIY to be done with them.

I'm also of the opinion that Smackdown and Raw matter a whole lot more than NXT. If the Smackdown and NXT tag divisions are both struggling simultaneously, Smackdown should be the priority no matter the hit to NXT. That's just my thinking though.

I'm thinking Revival will be up sooner rather than later. American Alpha have completely been spinning their wheels since winning the titles. There's literally nobody for them to feud with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back