• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Night Of Champions - Roman Reigns VS Seth Rollins

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to WWE.com, Reigns & Rollins will have their first one on one meeting at the NOC ppv. I ultimately expect this bout to end with a victory for Roman Reigns, but I think it'll come about in a way that protects Rollins.

According to reports that came out yesterday, Dean Ambrose is scheduled to be on the post NOC Raw as he'll be finished filming his scenes for WWE's Lockdown film. The writing is on the wall for Ambrose to make an appearance at NOC in which he ultimately prevents Rollins from winning. I could see him coming out of nowhere, taking out Kane due to the latter trying to interfere, providing a distraction for Rollins that allows Reigns time to recover from something before hitting the spear and scoring the win.

Another possibility involves the referee being entangled with Kane due to him coming to ringside or leaping up onto the apron. Rollins hits or attempts to hit reigns with the MITB briefcase, Ambrose pops up and begins to savage Rollins inside the ring, rolling onto the floor, Kane tries to interfere there, Ambrose gets in a shot, tosses Rollins into the ring, he eats a spear, Reigns wins.

I can see it being either a DQ or an "authority gangs up on Reigns". If Rollins loses then the whole feud with Ambrose loses all of its importance, and naturally Reigns cannot lose clean because of his fabolousness. But having the authority interfere will not make Reign lose momentum and just add heat to the feud.

Quite happy it's not again Reigns v Orton as people were speculating btw.

Damn Jack-Hammer beat me to it, just as I was making this very thread!

So copy and paste: I found this match on the WWE website so I guess it's official, we're finally getting a blow off feud after the break up of the Shield. These guys went their separate ways but I'm glad WWE didn't forget to make a deal out of these two, considering Ambrose and Reigns were dogged out on the same night.

Personally I think this is a make or break match for both men. I think it's a bit unfair to compare this match to the Rollins v Ambrose ones, considering Reigns is quite the different wrestler to Ambrose. My gut tells me Rollins will get the first win, though it'll be anything but a clean victory. I think Rollins deserves a lot more credit than he's been getting, I think he's been great, right down to his facial expressions, his in ring work, and just his general presence on a weekly basis.

Bank on a Rollins win.

This show has now gained my interest. I'm looking forward to the match.

Rollins will win. Why? Because he doesn't as often as he should and I think making Reigns appear too dominant won't aid him in the slightest in the run up to what should be the biggest moment of his career in a few months. I think fans will turn on him.

Wow, these big NoC feuds seem very...last minute.

I personally think it will have an inconclusive ending, probably a DQ because of interference. Neither can really afford to lose, especially since I doubt this feud will extend beyond Night of Champions since Ambrose has to come back.

I'm not ecstatic about this but it'll be fine. I like the idea of them waiting before pairing off The Shield guys but I suppose it makes sense for Reigns to come after Rollins after what he's done.

Reigns will win and I reckon he should. Ambrose could return meaning Rollins doesn't look to weak. Reigns runs through another member of The Authority and Ambrose gets a big moment.

Rollins will carry this match and Reigns can make his big comeback before the finish. That is fine, for now, and Reigns will keep improving. Rollins will continue his momentum as one of the best heels in the company. I'd like to see Ambrose and Reigns completely corner Rollins at some point - maybe in a cage- just so he gets his comeuppance.

I can definitely see Rollins being protected, but Reigns ultimately gets the pinfall victory in some fashion.

As many have said, due to Ambrose returning(Remember he is "missing" after all), which causes enough distraction to Rollins, which gives Roman time to hit a Spear for the pinfall.

Also, expect Kane to be involved as well.

That said; there could be a swerve, with maybe HHH making an appearance which could cause Reigns to be distracted and beatdown, and have the match end in a DQ with the Authority standing tall, however, if Roman Reigns is to face Brock at WM31, then he absolutely has to be booked as a Superman,lMO, to be a threat to Brock when the time comes.

I'm going to go with the swerve angle and say that it's Reigns who gets protected in a loss to Rollins. Of course having Kane be the reason he loses, after nearly destroying Kane and Rollins on his own would be stupid. Right? So how would Reigns get screwed?

The answer: Dean Ambrose.

I know, it seems Russo-esque to some of you... although I'm not sure how that's a bad thing. How I see it happening is Ambrose makes a return and stabs Reigns in the back to help out Rollins, only not so much to set up a Reigns-Ambrose feud but rather a Ziggler-Ambrose feud, with an IC title match being Ambrose's reward.

I don't know just my theory.

I'm going to go with the swerve angle and say that it's Reigns who gets protected in a loss to Rollins. Of course having Kane be the reason he loses, after nearly destroying Kane and Rollins on his own would be stupid. Right? So how would Reigns get screwed?

The answer: Dean Ambrose.

I know, it seems Russo-esque to some of you... although I'm not sure how that's a bad thing. How I see it happening is Ambrose makes a return and stabs Reigns in the back to help out Rollins, only not so much to set up a Reigns-Ambrose feud but rather a Ziggler-Ambrose feud, with an IC title match being Ambrose's reward.

I don't know just my theory.

I agree with many of your posts, but this one just....seems very off by your standards.

An IC title chance as a reward? What is the logic behind that?

As for turning Ambrose heel...it could happen in time, as Reigns not helping him out could be a factor....that said; I don't see any reason for Ambrose to suddenly side with Rollins especially after what happened, and also, given that he is very over with the fans, him turning heel would be treated in much the same manner as Daniel Bryan's short-lived, ill-fated heel turn in the Bryan-Bray story before last Rumble...

I agree with many of your posts, but this one just....seems very off by your standards.

An IC title chance as a reward? What is the logic behind that?

As for turning Ambrose heel...it could happen in time, as Reigns not helping him out could be a factor....that said; I don't see any reason for Ambrose to suddenly side with Rollins especially after what happened, and also, given that he is very over with the fans, him turning heel would be treated in much the same manner as Daniel Bryan's short-lived, ill-fated heel turn in the Bryan-Bray story before last Rumble...

Because every power stable ever has been about having complete control. And if Triple H's stable has all the titles with him having all the matchmaking abilities, he'd have said control. Also, the IC title is relevant enough now to warrant giving someone like Ambrose a shot at it a chance for it.

I think Reigns will win by DQ due to Kane interference. That way Reigns and Rollins still look strong.

I don't think Ambrose will return at NoC, it's too predictable. Instead they can have him return on RAW, that way viewers would have a reason to watch RAW next week.

Post PPV RAW shows usually do good. The question is what will get viewers to tune in next week. The answer is Ambrose.

I'm hoping they have Rollins pick up the win here. This would help him continue to build up heat and get more momentum. As others have mentioned you could have Kane interfere and have some unclean finish. I think Reigns can afford to take one loss, he's been booked strong these past few months. I would hold off on Ambrose making a return until the next night on Raw. I'm hoping to see Rollins vs Ambrose one on one In a Hell in a Cell Match at the next PPV as one of the main events.

It's a tough match to call, which is a good thing since we criticize matches in which it's easy to pick a winner, right?

On one hand, we might figure Roman Reigns will win because he seems to be the more highly regarded performer......as he's current enjoying an enormous push. After all, didn't we just see him beat Randy Orton cleanly at the last PPV? How many times does anyone get to do that to Orton, much less a guy who's a virtual rookie as a singles wrestler?

I can't see Rollins cleanly defeating Reigns because it would throw a wrench into Roman's push while elevating a guy who appears to be below him on the totem pole. In his matches, Rollins hasn't exactly been winning with scientific wrestling, has he? Of course, we can forget science since he's a heel, yet he's been prevailing entirely by cheating, either with the help of his Authority friends or not. I say Roman Reigns might beat Seth Rollins by pinfall, but Rollins can't do the same to Reigns, at least not by himself.

So, as much as WWE should avoid having major PPV matches end by interference, I would guess they'll find a way to make it happen in this match-up. Hope they can make it a good angle so it doesn't aggravate the fans who decry rip-off endings.

I'll take Seth Rollins to win with a dirty finish, continuing a feud that seems to have plenty of life left in it.

Any match that involves any Shield guy right now has my interest. Most people seem to think that Rollins should take it first. At first I was gonna disagree with you guys and say that Reigns is sure to win, but thinking about it, the dirty win for Rollins is better.

Reigns looks cheated and doesn't come off as weak, having not lost fairly, while Rollins furthers his resourcefulness and "climbing the ladder" type ascent. Plus as MITB holder it does need to be somewhat convincing that he could hold on to the title, once he wins it.

So yeah in summation, I was gonna go with Reigns but am now firmly predicting Rolllins to win unclean. Well done guys, you changed someone's mind on the internet.

Odd that this is going on to a "B" PPV, though I suppose the finish of the feud may come at HIAC or The Series.

Rollins wins on a fuck-finish. Rematch to occur later.

Roman and Seth are both looking strong right now, but Seth has been a little twat to both Roman and Dean. At NOC he will catch an ass whooping.

Superman PuuuUUUNCH!!!
SPEAR!!!

#CleanPin you ROH midget.

Roman and Seth are both looking strong right now, but Seth has been a little twat to both Roman and Dean. At NOC he will catch an ass whooping.

Superman PuuuUUUNCH!!!
SPEAR!!!

#CleanPin you ROH midget.

Maybe I'm feeding the troll and this pointless me bringing up, but are there actually people on this board that regard 6'1 as being a "midget"? Are there people that are so against people liking wrestlers from the indies that they literally just make stuff up in order to justify why they do?

Anyway, I'm actually really excited for this match. It's probably the one I'm looking forward to the most on the card. I can't see Rollins dominating the match against someone of Reigns' size so *hopefully* this will be a chance for Reigns to show a few more moves which he has been criticised quite heavily for.

Yeah I have high hopes for this one, much higher than Reigns/Orton. I think Seth will do more to make Reigns look good.

Neither will get the clean win, nor should they. This is just a placeholder match until Ambrose comes back and sets up the HiaC blowoff. I suspect Reigns/Orton will bloww off in the Cell as well.

I think Triple H interferes in this match and costs Reigns' the match. A beat down ensues afterward with Seth and Triple H standing tall. Later in the night Rollins cashes in on a beaten down Lesnar, but Ambrose returns and distracts Seth letting Lesnar F5 him for the pin. Knowing he's lost everything Seth will be chomping at the bits for Ambrose which will set up the Cell match while Triple H and Roman begin their program.

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense for Ambrose to appear during the cash in rather than save Reigns from a potential beatdown, but I think it just takes some of the shock away if Rollins decides to cash in later that night.

I think Rollins is going to win as well. Reigns even though he's on a winning streak, well except for the beat down last week on RAW, doesn't look comfortable in his abilities right now.

I think he can get it done, but his booking has been horrible and I think that's part of the problem. Reigns needs someone who can help make him a star, and I can't think of anyone right now on the roster who could help.

If you look at who's he's been up against so far, Kane, Orton didn't work. He had a stellar match against Rollins, but that's about it. They have to keep him away from the Rollins/Ambrose feud though, because that has a life of it's own. HHH is the only one I can think of that could put him over the top.

Not really looking forward to this PPV match. We've seen it 100 times before, and I don't believe either one of them can bring anything new to the table. Orton could do himself and us a favour by just taking some time off and coming back fresh, Reigns is in desperate need of a good feud. Neither of which is going to happen at NOC.

I think Rollins will win now just because Reigns got a clean win on RAW. I have to admit though, I was really impressed with their match. Rollins has looked stronger than he has in awhile and Reigns did a good job too.

I'm now beginning to wonder if Ambrose will turn heel, although I think that would be a mistake. It seems like when guys namedrop about how they'll do it for their friends, it usually ends in some sort of betrayal (example: Nikki turning on Brie). I think the main reason WWE would do it is to keep peoples focus on Reigns as a face...

I'd rather they didn't though because Ambrose works really well as a good guy and while he's cool as the villain too, we already got a heavy dose of heel Ambrose during the Shields bad guy run.

I think Rollins will win now just because Reigns got a clean win on RAW. I have to admit though, I was really impressed with their match. Rollins has looked stronger than he has in awhile and Reigns did a good job too.

I'm now beginning to wonder if Ambrose will turn heel, although I think that would be a mistake. It seems like when guys namedrop about how they'll do it for their friends, it usually ends in some sort of betrayal (example: Nikki turning on Brie). I think the main reason WWE would do it is to keep peoples focus on Reigns as a face...

I'd rather they didn't though because Ambrose works really well as a good guy and while he's cool as the villain too, we already got a heavy dose of heel Ambrose during the Shields bad guy run.

I believe Ambrose will turn heel. Coincidentally, when a star starts getting more cheers than Cena, they turn him heel.

Ambrose is probably was the most over face in the company before he took time off to film his movie in late August.

Ambrose turns on Reigns because he sees Reigns being greedy for chasing the WWE WHC Championship instead of helping him out against The Authority, going back to early June.

Ambrose vs. Reigns takes place at HIAC. Meanwhile, Cena overcomes the odds in a hard fought match and defeats Brock for the championship. However, Brock destroys Cena after the match and Rollins cashes in to close the show.

HIAC
Rollins (c) vs. Cena
Ambrose vs. Reigns

I couldn't imagine WWE doing their European tour in November without a full time wrestler as WWE WHC.

I can't be the only person who found it weird that on the Raw before Night of Champions Rollins and Reigns had there match 6 days early. Not really sure what to make now of there match at the ppv since we just saw them have a pretty good match on Raw. It would be weird to see Rollins lose two straight matches to Reigns in a six day stretch so I would have to think Rollins gets the win, but WWE do have a habit of burying the guy holding the MITB briefcase so anything is possible I guess.

I can't be the only person who found it weird that on the Raw before Night of Champions Rollins and Reigns had there match 6 days early. Not really sure what to make now of there match at the ppv since we just saw them have a pretty good match on Raw. It would be weird to see Rollins lose two straight matches to Reigns in a six day stretch so I would have to think Rollins gets the win, but WWE do have a habit of burying the guy holding the MITB briefcase so anything is possible I guess.

I am guessing an Ambrose return is being setup and some shenanigans will take place at NoC.

Seth Rollins has generally been booked strongly during this Singles run in any case, so last night's defeat won't hurt him too much, and if on Sunday, Ambrose returns to cause another defeat and restart the long feud between himself and Rollins again with Reigns moving on, than I think last night will be forgotten.

Really, Ambrose vs Rollins restarting is a given, no doubt.
It is Roman Reigns going forward that will be the concern. Who does he move onto post-NoC? HHH or back to Orton perhaps(Not a good idea at all, as Kane and Orton just aren't compelling enough,lMO).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back