• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE mid term AWARDS

Watsonation

Occasional Pre-Show
ok the title says it all..list the awards and the winners. i can't remember all the awards so i'll do what i can-

best superstar: Randy Orton
lets face it, nobody has carried WWE like orton this year.

Most improved: Miz
he's suprised many. he's turning into a much better superstar

Biggest disappointed: Shelton Benjamin
lets face it, he's not what we thought. this year may have showed just how golden he really is

Tag Team: Legacy
they ain't much but who else could i choose?

Diva: Michelle McCool
she became the first ever diva to win both the womens and divas title

Smackdowns future: John Morrison
he is truly awesome(not miz) i don't believe theres much he can't do. he's the WWE's future IMO

Raws future: Jack Swagger
he will be headlining WM 26 somehow. he's the future of Raw, if someone will let him shine on Raw

ECW's future: Christian?
not really sure. they don't really have a future so i'm just gonna choose the best they got

Suprising moment: punk cashing in...again!
i hate em, but theres nothing else suprising

Best match: 'Taker vs HBK(WM26)

thats all i can think of..now its your turn

Best looking new Raw Diva: Maryse

Best new gimmick: Zack "Woo Woo Woo" Ryder

Best on the Mic: Chris Jericho

Biggest Disappointment: Triple H

Best Feud/Storyline: Anything involving Chris Jericho

Worst Feud/Storyline: Orton vs. Triple H

Best New Main Eventer: CM Punk

Surprising Moment: Edge getting injured at a fucking house show.

Best New Superstars: (SD) Morrison (Raw) Swagger (ECW) Ryder

Best Male Wrestler: Rey Mysterio

Best Female Wrestler: Michelle McCool

Best Talker: Chris Jericho

Best Show: SmackDown

Feud of the Year: CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

Match of the Year: Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio (Intercontinental Championship vs. Mask; The Bash)

Runner Ups: Evan Bourne vs. John Morrison (Morrison's last night on ECW on Sci Fi); Jack Swagger vs. Christian (ECW Championship; ECW on Sci Fi)

Biggest Surprise: Mark Henry squashes Randy Orton to a massive ovation.

Other things worth noting (kinda like teacher comments... hehe):
-Jack Swagger continues to improve every week and he's had a great year.
-CM Punk is really coming into his own on SmackDown.
-Randy Orton is criminally overrated.
-Michaels vs. Taker is also criminally overrated.
-The Triple H vs. Randy Orton feud and the frequent misuse of John Cena are hurting the Raw brand.

Best superstar:

Orton, by default. Nobody else has stepped up, but Orton hasn't run away with it yet.

Most improved:

Miz, obviously.

Biggest disappointment:

Kennedy. We're used to Benjamin underacheiving. I didn't expect much out of Kennedy, but his 2009 was such a career abortion it's a running joke.

Tag Team:

Legacy, again, by default

Diva:

Kelly Kelly. She's improved in the ring and remains one of three divas people give a shit about. McCool has titles, but nobody cares.

Smackdowns future:

Punk. The future is now. Say what you will about it, but he's the go-to-guy now that Edge is down.

Raws future:

Jack Swagger. He sweats talent. He pisses excellence.

ECW's future:

Nobody / Everybody. How can you tell? ECW's future is Raw and SD's future. If I had to pick for this next year, Seamus O'Shaunassgeusgeusy. Yeah, spelled that right.

Suprising moment:

Punk cashing is one, and I have to admin, Miz calling out Cena and getting a high billing on Raw is another.

Best match:

Cena vs Swagger, Draft Special. I mean, the match was terrific. There was even a time I doubted Cena winning. He really worked to help put Swagger over, and Jack answered the bell.

Also, HHH vs Orton Last Man Standing on RAW was tremendous.

Best superstar:

Chris Jericho, he has been up on top, and he has helped the mid card out more than anyone has in years

Most improved

The Miz, he is bring a huge wave of excitement to wrestling.

Biggest disappointment:

Mr Kennedy, he was supposed to be the star of the future, but injuries literally crippled him.

Tag Team:

The Colons, had a good run, and although boring, were the best thing there.

Diva:

Maryse/Natalya

Homer... I mean, really, Maryse brought a unique and comparable character to the world

Natalya, leading as great team forth, they are looking great behind her

Smackdowns future:

CM Punk. His future as a heel is what so many people wanted, and adds a great amount of excitement up the left side of the roster. Without Edge there, Punk has a great future.

Raws future:

The All American American. He has been given rave reviews and has an opening that he will capitalize on.

ECW's future:

Well, It would have been The Hart Foundation, but they were transfered. There is a wide group of talent, so I am interested to see.

Suprising moment:

The rise of the Miz. He is improved, and he is the future.

Best match:

Though overrated, the match that is the best is still The Streak versus Mr Wrestlemania.

Best on the stick:

Santino, because I have to give Santino something.

Best superstar:

Chris Jericho - Not only has he been involved in some the best matches of the year so far, he's quickly becoming the biggest heel in the company... and by quite some margin too and has been able to make Rey Mysterio look good again.

Most improved:

The Miz - He's gone from being a mid-card, un-interesting tag team wrestler to being in two main event matches with the WWE's biggest star and been able to hold his own. Nuff' said...

Biggest disappointment:

Triple H v.s Randy Orton's WWE Championship match at WrestleMania 25 - Ok, I thought I'd be a little different here with this one. This match was built-up so damn well and should of been a classic. But it turned out to be very bland, un-interesting and predictable... plus the ending sucked and the wrong man won.

Tag Team:

The Colons - I found these two to be quite entertaining in the ring... but really, the tag-team division is pretty much no-exsistant now that they've split and Edge has got injured.

Diva:

Mickie James - It dosen't matter who she faces, she's constantly getting good reactions and she's still entertaining to watch in the ring... plus she's hot... that helps. :)

Smackdown's future:

CM Punk - For the first time, I am starting to take real notice of CM Punk. He has the potential to be one of Smackdown's biggest stars and this heel turn will do nothing but great things for him.

Raw's future:

Jack Swagger - Damn I'm so excited about this guy. He is quickly becoming my favourite superstar on Raw at the moment. Not only is this guy huge in size, he's a fantastic wrestler and could well be a huge star in the not too distant future. He's already been given a huge push by becoming the ECW Champion so quickly but now he's on Raw, he could be in line for a shot at the brass ring.

ECW's future:

N/A. Would of chosen Swagger but he's been moved to Raw.

Surprising moment:

Kofi Kingston being attacked during his entrance at No Way Out by Edge - Damn this took me by surprise. Edge simply appeared out of no-where.

Best match:

Shawn Michaels v.s Undertaker, WrestleMania 25 - This match is in it's own league as far as I'm concerned and will not only be the match of the year come the end of December, but it could quite possibly be the match of decade as well. Absolutely amazing!

Honorable Mentions:

MVP - Since being drafted to Raw, he has become a real player and has become one of my favourite wrestlers.

Kofi Kingston - He's a very exciting superstar and he's extremely athletic. I expect great things from him.

Santino Marella - Simply because he's probably the funniest wrestler around at the moment. And he's strangly likeable as well. :)

Dishonorable Mentions

The 'PG' shit... - It sucks. Simply put...

The Triple H v.s Randy Orton feud - Ok, it was great at first but (in my opinion) it needs to stop... like now really.

Chris Jericho - Not only has he been involved in some the best matches of the year so far, he's quickly becoming the biggest heel in the company... and by quite some margin too and has been able to make Rey Mysterio look good again.
PARDON ME?!

Mysterio almost always looks good. Of course you wouldn't notice such things when he gets stuck with sloppy, boring oafs like Kane for months on end. But even at the end of last year when he had a tag match against Miz and Morrison or a one-off bout with Punk or Bourne, the results were fantastic and just like to the Rey of old. Not to mention that Rey's No Way Out showing this year was off the charts and had people believing he was seconds away from winning the World Championship. He had a great match with Edge before Extreme Rules and has been gold in pretty much everything he's done since his last return that doesn't involve motherfucking Kane.

The Mysterio bashing has to stop. He's quietly been having a great year and needs no help looking good.

Best superstar:
Randy Orton. He is the one who has made Raw a little interesting with the McMahon thing.

Most improved:
The Miz, he reminds me of The Rock in a way. Not saying that he will be the next Rock, though.

Biggest disappointment:
Mr Kennedy and the butchering of R-Truth. Moreso Mr. Kennedy, because this time, he wasn't even injured.

Tag Team:
Rated R2J. Because of that, we got about 2 weeks of awesomeness, a cool tag team finisher, and an Edge face turn oppurtunity.

Diva:
Maryse because she's Maryse.

Smackdowns future:
John Morrison. I see him and CM Punk as the Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart of tommorow.

Raws future:
A tie between Jack Swagger and The Miz. MVP will win a title or two, but he will be in the upper-midcard just for merchandising, kind of like Mysterio.

ECW's future:
Sheamus because Vince gets 56 erections when he sees big men.

Suprising moment:
Mark Henry fucking Randy Orton's shit up and becoming face.

Best match:
HBK vs. Taker at Wrestlemania 25.

Superstar Of The Year (most outstanding wrestler): Chris Jericho
He was able to pull-off a 1-man feud leading into Wrestlemania, before the legends started making weekly appearances. Then he had an excellent feud with Mysterio. Hopefully he keeps up the pace with a good tag-title reign.

Superdud Of The Year (least outstanding wrestler): Ken Kennedy
He had a movie debut in January, which bombed completely. Then he was still out (or did he come back and get hurt again, I don't even remember). Then they hype his return on RAW for 3 weeks. He comes back to be the 5th man on a 10-man tag team match, where he looked sub-par in the match (including nearly seriously injuring the champion), then he gets his ass fired. DEFINATELY the worst 6 months for any WWE guy.

RAW Most Valuable Superstar (most important to brand): John Cena
Internet Wrestling fans may hate him (even though he is BY FAR the most important guy in the company), but he had a strong beginning to his year (including winning the World Title at Mania), and then went and took a break from the title for a decent, albeit way to long feud with Big Show. The biggest thing he did, however, was have a (slightly one-sided) feud with The Miz, which helped elevate Miz in the eyes of the fans. Hopefully WWE will recognize that Cena doesn't need the belt to be over with the fans, and instead feed him potential main eventers like Miz, Swagger, and MVP.

SmackDown Most Valuable Superstar (most important to brand): Edge
Obviously, this will change, since he will not be around the second 6 months. He was really the only guy who I could remember being a major player on SD for the first 6 months.

ECW Most Valuable Superstar (most important to brand): Tommy Dreamer
Tommy made his own feud my announcing he would retire if he didn't win the ECW Title by the end of his contract. And on a roster with SO MUCH turnover in the Main Event, Tommy Dreamer is (and will be) the only constant, and he has done admirably.

Most Improved Superstar: John Morrison/The Miz (tie)
I loved Both Miz and Morrison when they were teaming, and was not thrilled about them splitting up. However, I am since ecstatic, because The Miz has been excellent on the mic (as expected, he is goon on the stick), and he has been very good in the ring (not as expected). I also didn't expect Morrison to amount to much as a singles wrestler on Smackdown, where he could get lost in the shuffle. To my surprise, he not only has been over, but he is over as a FACE, even though he did nothing noteworthy to change from Heel to Face.

Rookie of the Year: Tyson Kidd
Honestly, he is the only rookie that I can think of. Swagger and Bourne debuted in 08. Tyson Kidd wins by default (even though he would win this anyway, because he is excellent). That being said, I was thinking of putting Yoshi Tatsu as the Rookie of the Year.

Best Gimmick: Zack Ryder
WOO WOO WOO! YOU KNOW IT!

Best Diva: Michelle McCool (I guess)
I really have no clue who else has been adequate in the Womens division, so I am going with her.

Future of RAW: The Miz

Future of SmackDown: CM Punk

Future of ECW: N/A, because there is too much turnover for there to be a future star of ECW

Surprising moment: RAW having guest hosts
I actually love this idea, and had NO CLUE it would happen.

Best Match: Taker/HBK, WMXXV

Best superstar:
Although Jericho is a close second, I gotta go with CM Punk. He's had another stellar year and has looked alot more like the ROH Punk since moving to SD!.

Most improved:
The Miz. He's worked his ass off and the improvement is obvious.

Biggest disappointment:
Mr. Kennedy. I held out hope that he would return and make an impact.

Tag Team:
Legacy. I am thoroughly entertained by DiBiase and Rhodes.

Diva:
Melina. She continues to be solid in all areas.

SD! future:
John Morrison. It looks like he is finally poised to make a real impact. He has all the elements to be successful.

RAW's future:
Jack Swagger. I am super excited about his future. It's been a while since I've been this interested in a homegrown WWE guy. He's stellar.

ECW's future:
Zack Ryder. Woo, woo, woo. I find myself saying that sometimes- it's catchy.

Suprising moment:
Tommy Dreamer actually getting a good push. I never thought I would see the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back