WWE Michael McGillicutty & Johnny Curtis VS Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
I watched NXT of 8/22 on youtube and in the main event i saw 4 wrestlers, 2 tag teams, and 1 great match.:) Tyson kidd & Justin Gabriel(national Airstrike) vs Micheal Mgilicutty & Johnny Curtis.

Here's the link---->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnDZ7lVCIeY

I wanted to discuss this match because I was very impressed by both teams. National Airstrike work really well together and they mix great chemistry with great moves= great tag team. They used alot of high flying tag team moves and i thought they did a great job picking up the victory.

But what impressed me more was Micheal Mcgilicutty and Johnny Curtis. I never knew Johnny Curtis was that good, and its probobly because WWE had him job after he won the 4th season of NXT. His move of the top rope was really cool considering hes a big dude. And Micheal looked great as always. The moved they did on justing gabreil was really sick. I thing it was an asist spring board legdrop. I really hope they stick as a tag team and get featured on raw and smackdown to get involved in the tag division.

I believe right now the tag division in WWE is strong, WWE needs to just let it be and showcase it. And plus with the rise of Acension, tag team wrestling may just bounce back in WWE. And plus i think more tag teams would benifit Kofi Kingston and R-Truth in the future because i dont wanna see them stuck in the tag didvision for too long. I believe Kofi has great things to come for him as a singles competitor and R-Truth could have a last great run before getting too old.

So how did you like this match?

I thought the match was good (except for Kidd's blown spot). Curtis has a lot of natural charisma and Mcgilicutty is very solid worker. I always thought Gabriel should of been teamed with Evan Bourne but actually Kidd is a much better compliment. There is a lot of potential for the tag team division right now and it looks like they are actually going to do something with it.

This was a great match! Very old-school. Kidd turned a badly botched spot into a decent move. Johnny Curtis is a total beast. At least as far as this match went, he looks more like a Cruiserweight. That spot off the top rope was sweet.

I really hope that Trip's push for the tag division ends up including both of these teams. They both bring a lot to the table.

I watched the match it was great and Johnny Curtis is really good the top move was sick Kidd's blown spot still looked good two solid tag teams 1solid match hope both teams get a push

Kidd didn't turn the botch into a decent move, Johnny Curtis turned it by nicely selling a kick to the jaw that never was. Michael McGillicutty needs to just die already the name just sounds stupid.....its time for Joe Henning (Mr Perfect jr) to be born and to take his damn legacy...imho

The WWE has a lot of pretty talented guys on the undercard right now like Kidd & Gabriel. McGuillicutty is someone that seems better, at least to me, than he used to be. I've never been a big fan of Curt Hennig's son, but he's starting to impress me.

If the WWE can develop the personalities of some of these guys, then they'll be set. However, you can't really teach charisma. It's either something you've got the potential for or you don't.

I'd like to see Kidd & Gabriel become a regular presence on WWE television along with The Usos. Both of these are good solid tag teams and the potential is there. In order for WWE to have a more well rounded tag team scene, then they need to start featuring more teams than just Kofi & Truth, the PTPs and Epico & Primo.

Honestly, I think Kidd and Gabriel have potential. I hope they embrace being a team. Get matching gear or at least colors. I am not a Curtis fan. I'd like to see McGillicutty team with Jake Carter. I think that is a more natural fit. Curtis is a little weird. The personalities don't seem to mesh. I think if you put Carter/Hennig together, then you could put Arn as a manager or even Regal.

Also, I know Richie Steamboat and Seth Rollins teamed together at some point. I think that would be a great pairing to debut on the big shows. I could seem them getting over as a team and then eventually moving on to singles stardom, with Rollins having a higher ceiling.

Whatever they do, they need to continue pushing guys as a TEAM. Similar ring attire, team names, a common gimmick. I don't think Young and O'Neill are the answer for a struggling division and shouldn't have been the choice to bring to the roster first, but the concept and how they are being pushed is the right idea. They should have just used different wrestlers.

Joe Henig has potential to be a great singles star, he doesn't be in some tag team with Johnny Curtis, WHO IS AWFUL! I don't see ANYTHING in this guy IMO.

Kidd & Gabriel make a MUCH BETTER tag team though!

They are VERY good in the ring but lack personality. They are PERFECT to be a tag team and throw a manager on them. Why not use Michael P.S. Hayes again and just call them the "The Flying Freebirds" or something?!?! That's all they need to get over as a solid high flying tag team!

*And I believe their current name is INTERNATIONAL AIRSTRIKE.

The idea of Carter and Hennig is interesting, but I always thought they should use the Vader connection for Carter, why they give them these names is pathetic.

Have them as 2nd Generation, with Vader in the Harley Race role from when he managed Vader. He can keep the mask and interfere when needed... Do it right and if the Dudleyz come in there is a great feud there.

Wow, I really like Gabriel and Kidd as a team. They're both in the same mind set and have good chemistry. It was a great overall match and I hope they start showing up on SD and RAW more often.

Yeah, that was a good match! I'd support both teams staying together, because they both worked together very well.

I'm sort of curious about the supposed new direction of the tag division, though. Are these new teams going to get any time on the mic? Are there going to be storylines? Or is it just going to fill the role of an exciting curtain jerker type thing? Because if they want storylines, a lot of these guys'll have to learn to talk. They'll also probably have to explain why these wrestlers are deciding to team up, too (that probably won't happen, actually, but it ought to).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back