WWE Just Hit The Jackpot -Styles, Nakamura, Anderson, Gallows

Don't really get why so many people are so convinced that these guys will be misused by WWE. Mind you, I don't see either of them ever being WWE World Heavyweight Champion, but that doesn't mean they will be misused. An IWC-perpetuated myth that WWE misuses non-WWE guys simply because they are non-WWE guys.

Because much of the IWC believes not being the WWE champion and winning every match means you're being misused.

Also, in what universe is Doc Gallows a "Jackpot"? That's some hyperbole if I've ever seen it.

Probably pushes Balor to the main roster faster but is bad news for Kenta as he gets overshadowed by these guys. Probably bad news for Joe too.

Still good news for the WWE fans as long as they keep AJ's speaking parts to a minimum.

So, is he going to use the ring name AJ Styles.

I'll be pissed off if they make him change it. Surely he's too well known to have to change it...

I'll be pissed off if they make him change it. Surely he's too well known to have to change it...

Styles is 39, so maybe WWE gets 10 years our of him. Not a lot of time to put the effort in to rebrand him.

As Ollie said, Joe set a precedent, as did Storm. But Balor Devitt is in a comparable age range, so who knows?

So essentially make it NXT? But where will we get two hours of Raw rematches and replays?

I guess I should have rephrased it as similar to how it was during the brand split.

They can put all that stuff on Superstars

Also, in what universe is Doc Gallows a "Jackpot"? That's some hyperbole if I've ever seen it.

What would you call getting guys from one of the biggest factions seen in years & clearly the most dominant tag team in Japan?

I can see him keeping it, but his stablemates may be getting a change. Nakamura is a mystery though. Guess it is gonna come down to their deals. If they're exclusive to WWE I can see reason for a name change for marketing/merch rights, but if any of them are short term then it is probably written in they keep their names unless (in Nakamura's case) NJPW owns the rights to them.

What would you call getting guys from one of the biggest factions seen in years & clearly the most dominant tag team in Japan?

A glimpse into 80% of the IWC's minds:

WlatwAd.png

Matt Bloom was insane dominant in Japan. When he returned to the WWE nobody called that a jackpot.

Seriously, you know damn well some smarky assholes are going to be chanting, "Let's go Festus" every time Gallows is in the ring.

AJ is the shot in the arm the WWE needed ever since seemingly losing Daniel Bryan.

He'll get the Punk and Bryan marks in the seats just by his presence alone. Hell, I think AJ is the closest comparison we fans have to Owen Hart.

I'm really hoping they go the lone wolf creative route with him.

I like Karl Andersson but if I'm a writer in WWE I'm thinking to myself: what am I going to do with him?". I have taller guys, better looking guys, better talkers, better workers....he's very mediocre on the WWE RAW-stage, not because he is mediocre but because of his attributes.

the other signings, I can definitely understand.

A Cena vs Styles feud would go something like this:

Match 1: 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...3!
Winner: AJ Styles.

Match 2: 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...3!
Winner: John Cena.

Match 3: 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...Kickout! 1...2...3! (or more preferably, a submission victory)
Winner: John Cena.

Absolutely true but you can say the same thing about the CM Punk vs D Bryan program in 2012. But IWC regulars are only willing to point out such patterns when John Cena is involved.

I thought the Nakamura and AJ signings might happen eventually but I didn't expect them so quickly and I definitely didn't think they'd sign Gallows and Anderson. All of these have me excited except for Gallows, who I've never cared for. Anderson is awesome but I'm not sure he's going to get anything much in the way of a push with the roster currently stacked with fresh faces waiting to make an impact. I think Styles will get a nice, legit push because he's been such a big name for so long and I have no idea what they might do with Swagsuke. Think they might stick him in NXT for awhile.

Matt Bloom was insane dominant in Japan. When he returned to the WWE nobody called that a jackpot.

Seriously, you know damn well some smarky assholes are going to be chanting, "Let's go Festus" every time Gallows is in the ring.

They brought Bloom back & forced a gimmick on people that they knew was shit, hence the reaction. We all knew he wasnt Japanese & they should have known it wasnt going to go over. I doubt the Festus chants will be more than a very small percent if at all. A shit ton of people know and love Bullet Club & if WWE doesn't put the band back together right away, that will likely be the chant that gets shouted over any biscuits and gravy related ones.

These are holy shit news. Holy shit. NXT will become quite possibly the best wrestling attraction in the world. If these people get the proper treatment, WWE can make tons of cash and give us fans a lot of crazy shot on TV. Cena, Orton, Joe, Lesnar, Owens, Styles, Rollins, Sami Zayn, Neville plus guys like Reigns, Ambrose, Ziggler. The only people missing are Punk and Bryan quite honestly.

They brought Bloom back & forced a gimmick on people that they knew was shit, hence the reaction. We all knew he wasnt Japanese & they should have known it wasnt going to go over. I doubt the Festus chants will be more than a very small percent if at all. A shit ton of people know and love Bullet Club & if WWE doesn't put the band back together right away, that will likely be the chant that gets shouted over any biscuits and gravy related ones.

Sure, a ton of people know the Bullet Club, but we're talking the WWE. The crowd was underwhelmed by Sting, they're going to be underwhelmed by lesser names. If they really want the Balor Club to be truly over, it cannot ever leave NXT.

There is a serious disconnect with us smarky internet types and the casual crowd, but seemingly very little of the smarky types realize it. It's kind of sad, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back