WWE Hell In A Cell 2013 - WWE Championship: Daniel Bryan VS Randy Orton

A couple months back I thought DB would be winning the title here but after what's happenned the past couple of ppvs and just thinking about the possible challengers for both Orton or DB if they win the title I'm gonna have to go with Orton winning this one.

20131007_HIAC_Matches_LIGHT_bryan-orton_C-homepage.jpg

This is my pick for match of the night. Bryan and Orton could keep on facing each other until it's time for Wrestlemania season and I doubt I'd get tired of it. They are that good as opponents for each other and the best for business storyline has truly proven to be, pun intended, what's best for business. The addition of Michaels as the guest ref gives another layer to the match. Shawn is highly unlikely to act as a heel by assisting Trips or Orton. I do expect him to call the match fairly, but not without giving the fans a cool moment or two. SOMEBODY is getting hit with Sweet Chin Music at some point.

This won't be the end of the angle. Bryan should get the win, but Orton can and should get a rematch. Bryan deserves to have an actual reign with the WWE Championship. He walks out WWE Champion after the end of the night, but this storyline will still be going on. I fully expect Orton challenging Bryan at Survivor Series next. Now the question is, will this close the show? It very well could, as the WWE Championship almost always does. I'm going to take a bit of a different route here and predict it goes on third to last or next to last. Either way, regardless of who wins there will be more to come from this awesome storyline. I'll go ahead and predict Bryan wins. It makes more sense for him to win with Trips giving Orton a rematch on Raw monday.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Daniel Bryan will win the WWE Championship.

Well Bryan has dominated Orton this week, knocking him out at the contract signing and pinning him in the 8 man tag main event on Smackdown, old booking logic says that means Orton wins at HIAC but I'm hoping planting those seeds is pure misdirection.

I still feel Bryan has to win this match and have a run as WWE Champion to maximize his push, I just don't see a natural storyline progression if Orton wins.

WWE seems to be slowly moving away from that old booking logic in recent months. I mean, going back all the way to MITB- Orton was the last man standing on Smackdown or Raw holding the briefcase and he still won at the PPV. Ditto for Bryan at NOC. So, the booking stuff is less what I am interested in.

It is clear and painfully obvious to me that Bryan is winning. He will either win clean, get aid from the Big Show, HBK will hit Orton with SCM after Orton shoves him, etc... Regardless, Bryan is winning. It was always the end goal of WWE to have Bryan go over and this is now endgame.

My real question is... Is Orton in the WWE doghouse or something? Dude wins MTB, cashes it in, loses the belt in less than a month and then really, if you watch RAW/SD, only wins single matches against unimportant opponents. Beyond that, Bryan has gotten the upper hand all along the way. WWE must have realized post-SS that Orton doesn't draw and they need to remove as much focus from him as possible.

I wonder if Orton is taking a super long vacation after tonight or something.

I am really intrigued to see what happens in this match. Not only should it be of high quality but we have to factor in HHH, HBK, The Big Show, The Shield an whomever else may get involved. I really think there could be a completely different twist to cost Bryan the belt. HBK won't turn heel - I'm adamant of that but he will superkick someone - Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Orton, Triple H.

Ultimately, I think Orton wins the belt. I don't think this feud ends tonight which is probably a bad thing. Orton winning the belt and going on to feud with Punk or Ziggler would be my preferred and I still think it is too early to put the belt on Bryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back