• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Hell In A Cell 2013 - WWE Championship: Daniel Bryan VS Randy Orton

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This match was made official for the ppv, as we all expected it to be, and Bryan & Orton will go at it inside the Hell in a Cell structure. It was also announced via Brad Maddox that there'd be a special referee and said ref would be a WWE Hall of Famer. The candidates were Booker T, Bob Backlund and Shawn Michaels with fans voting on who'd be the ref via the WWE App. A few minutes ago, the results were announced and HBK won by a landslide, so he'll be at HIAC to be the special ref in this match.

Whenever HBK is the special referee in any match, there's always tons of drama & controversy. The touched on the fact that HBK is one of Daniel Bryan's first teachers in the business. While it's certainly possible that HBK could screw Bryan over given his relationship with Triple H, I think it's more likely that HBK might help Bryan win or, at least, help to cut down any attempt at interference. Bryan capturing the title at HIAC with one of his genuine mentors & teachers as the ref, thereby being there in person, could be a special moment for Bryan.

I have to believe HBK is going to do the right thing. With Triple H as a heel, Stephanie at his side as a heel (and Vince lurking in the shadows somewhere), Orton and The Shield as physical representatives, I don't really see the point in turning HBK. The imbalance of power is stacked enough in favor of Team Corporate as it is. They don't need any more people.

But you just know Triple H is going to try and goad Shawn into screwing Bryan over in the weeks leading up to HIAC. Still, when it's all said and done, I think Shawn will do the right thing and call the match down the middle fair and unbiased. We've seen enough screwy finishes, so I think it's time for a clean win.

Picking Bryan to walk out of the Cell with the WWE Championship, and I'm wondering if there's a chance the aftermath of this match with lead to Shawn VS Triple H at Wrestlemania? From what I remember, they had the classic at Summerslam '02, a pretty good match for the WHC on Raw one year, and the Last Man Standing match at the Rumble wasn't bad.

I'm not foaming at the mouth for another Triple H/Shawn match (because they had more than enough matches against each other in the past), and Shawn is supposed to be retired after he lost to Taker, but IF Shawn is the one raising Bryan's arm after the Cell match, you have to believe in the chances of that moment setting off a chain of events that might culminate into a match between both men at Wrestlemania XXX.

my hope is that this will be the moment where Bryan FINALLY overcomes the odds and wins the WWE title and holds onto it for a while and have Michaels count the pin, raise the hand of the guy he trained and then hug him and the show ends with yes chants and Bryan holding the title. i cant think of any better way to end it. i dont want to see a Michaels heel turn, that would stink. i also dont want a HHH and HBK feud, i just want to see him do what he said which is the right thing for the fans, call it down the middle, Bryan wins and then Michaels goes back to retirement while HHH and Stephanie now have to deal with Bryan as the WWE champion.

Bryan has to win here and have a good run with the title into 2014 otherwise his momentum, which is already slowing, will come to a halt. This is the blow-off and the face must go over, so I see Shawn calling it down the middle and after 3 consecutive PPV's with screwy endings, this one will send the fans in the arena and watching on PPV home (or to bed) happy.

If we hadn't seen the screwy finish at the last 3 ppvs then I could have easily seen HBK turn on DB. Shawn has played the good guy for quite sometime, and would have been interesting to see the aftermath of him screwing Bryan. That being said, they need to do a clean finish at the end of Hell in a Cell. I think Bryan really needs to come out of this one with the title or risk him losing some of this momentum. It is time for him to have a significant title run. HBK will call this one down the middle, and I think Bryan finally gets the title to run with.

with Big Show getting Bryans heat by getting to KO HHH, Bryan MUST win at HIAC, and having HBK as the referee is just a swerve for people to believe he may in fact do his mate Triple H dirty work. HBK will probably even play along but I do not see a 48yo retired HBK coming back to screw over his number one student. That would be even low for WWE, and would alienate alot of HBK fans also.

If this match has the ending it should have, it should be an amazing moment.....or it would be if Bryan wasn't already a two time WWE Champion. Man, WWE really did get into their old, bad habits in Summer/Autumn, didn't they. After lengthy reigns for Cena, Punk & evene The Rock it appeared as though WWE had gotten over switching the belt needlessly.

Orton vs. Bryan? Seen it. Added HBK & Hell In A Cell doesn't make this a different match to me.

As of now I still envision a controversial finish that will pretty much mimic the finish of Battleground with Big Show laying everyone out. Just going off of what we saw on Raw last night, I think Show will continue to show up and knock people out. This will then happen again at Hell in a Cell, leading Triple H to reinstate Show for the safety of the other competitors and set up the resolution to the title picture at Survivor Series.

I'm looking forward to this. I expect this to be their best match. Bryan probably needs the win more than Orton imo. Orton is the heel and has plenty of credibility. If Bryan losses you might kill some of his momentum with the fans.

Their is a possibility of HBK screwing Bryan over and Orton winning.

HBK can not screw Bryan.There's no money in it.HBK is retired and won't return to wrestle.He won't have a match with Bryan.Best possible scenario is HHH tries to invade and HBK superkicks him to oblivion.Also after 3 times getting screwed over,Bryan must win at HIAC to keep his momentum running,at least what's left of it.

I'm really hoping for a match better than their previous two. They were solid but not spectacular and adding the Hell in a Cell stipulation will really fit well with Orton. What HBK does? I presume he calls the match down the middle until The Shield, Big Show, Triple H turn up. Then he gets in an argument with Triple H and they fall out.

I'm leaning towards Orton walking out as champ. I'm just think it is a little soon for Bryan to win the belt and they can drag out the chase a little longer.

This is one of those matches where I could make arguments either way, and have absolutely no idea as to what will happen. Despite this being (technically)the fifth PPV bout in a row that the two have wrestled together in, I'm very much looking forward to this match, more than any on the show.

Part of me feels that having HBK referee this match will overshadow Orton and Bryan. If they hadn't done the rediculous Scott Armstrong angle, a regular referee would have done just fine. Now, they almost backed themselves into a corner into having to have a Special Referee, so as to avoid bias? However, this vote, with Bob Backlund and Booker T as the other two candidates, was obviously set up so that fans would vote for Shawn. And despite his promises that he'll separate the 'personal from the professional', his history with the three men who are involved here make it seem he'll be anything but. And perhaps he will, and that will be the hook. No one really expects him to be a completely impartial referee, mostly because he never has, and that's exactly what he'll do. If he does so, it taints the victory, and there's no way for Bryan or Orton to give HBK his comeuppance, as he's retired. So I believe he'll call it down the middle.

Which leaves the door open for Randy Orton to win. Between Orton's multiple punts to HBK's head and attempts to end his career, one would think HBK couldn't possibly be impartial. But if he is, the sadistic side that Stephanie demanded Orton bring back, which he has, may be enough for him to win inside the Cell. They've made a point of making Orton seem as aggressive and almost as ruthless as he has in the past, which should theoretically lend perfectly to Hell In A Cell. Orton also has "experience" inside the Cell, something Bryan doesn't, which should also be in his favor. He's won two, lost two, so he's hardly performed poorly either.

As for Bryan, this would be the perfect feel-good moment to end this feud. Very few times in wrestling recently has a wrestler been put through so much, and has had as many highs and lows as Bryan has. This resiliency has lead to Bryan being able to win the title then get cashed in on, win the title and stripped the next day. A lesser wrestler, in theory, wouldn't still be fighting, but Bryan had Orton in the center of the ring before Big Show charged the ring and ended the match. He's beaten Orton time and again, and in a No Holds Barred match as well, so the cell shouldn't be too bothersome to him. Further, the Cell should allow for more ways for Bryan to hook submission moves, and more painfully as well.

There's a large part of me that believes that the winner here holds the title through Wrestlemania, which indicates Orton to me. The cynical part of me thinks that HHH and Stephanie truly don't see Bryan as "face of the company", and theyre not just playing a bit. Further, there's a part of me that sees Vince and co. that believe it when they have Orton tell Brie that "This is what a real man looks like."

On the other hand, Bryan is the most over wrestler WWE has had in some time. Booked the right way, he has the chance to be a strong #2 to Cena's #1. But in order to make that work, he needs to come out of this feud with the "anointed" face of the company as the WWE Champion. Bryan has gotten himself over with every opportunity he's been given, and to not go all the way here with him would be a mistake.

I could go either way here, but I'm leaning towards Bryan. They've invested so much time into rallying fans behind him, and for him to lose this feud, unlike for Randy Orton, could be catastrophic.

I believe that Shawn will screw Daniel Bryan. This is not a bad thing though because it will further the story line and keep DB chasing. I suspect after DB loses at HIAC then HHH will basically tell him that he is back at the bottom of the ladder and we will see a couple of different people as number one contender for the next few PPV's. They'll probably keep putting DB in unwinnable situations until he wins the Royal Rumble and gets his title shot at WM, where he will win clean and have the reign we all want.

Good God, this has got to be it. One way or another. In a manner of speaking, anyways. If I could have one wish for Christmas, it would be that this match under these sorts of circumstances never happens again.

If there is a God, someone will win decisvely, and we will move to a winner take all classic survivor series match with the authority Vs Bryan and the Rhodes'. Would be an awesome(and perfect, storyline wise) use of the EC, too.....but lets not lose our minds. I would be happy for my first description.

An HBK screwjob would be awesome. To screw over Bryan to say it's best for business and it's what his best friend Triple H told him to do and later as he turns face again he can say he screwed Bryan to push him and make him more aggressive and really aim to be the face of the company over Cena and Orton and maybe after Bryan wins the belt HBK can say that's the very last lesson he will teach Bryan and he passed his training and has become like Shawn a small guy who is the face of the company and owning everyone

If I could have one wish for Christmas, it would be that this match under these sorts of circumstances never happens again.

As I see it, two questions should be answered in this match. First, has Randy Orton really been elevated to the top again for good, or does management still not trust him enough to keep him there because of the real possibility he'll again implode and ruin their long-term plans? Second, is the mega-push of Daniel Bryan going to continue by bringing him to a continuing reign as champion, or is he just filling the seat until John Cena can get back?

As a corollary to the second question, if Cena can win the WHC and keep out of Daniel/Randy's hair for awhile by defending that, does that open the field for Randy, Daniel, and perhaps CM Punk to keep the round robin going for the title?

Yes, this match will answer the riddle of "Who's Better: Orton or Bryan" for now, but I keep wondering if Randy has more at stake than that. He's been in & out of management's favor for a long time, having the ability to be in the top 3, yet doing something to screw it up once he gets there.

As for Daniel, his "Yes!" campaign has had more of a life than I ever believed it would, but it can't continue forever. Once it ends, what will they do with him? More sensitivity training?

This PPV match-up might start to answer some of these questions.

Oh, by the way. The question of Shawn Michaels' inclusion of Orton/Bryan has raised questions as to whether his participation will have an effect on the outcome.

I remember watching the Undertaker-Triple H match at WM28, with HBK as guest referee. As the two warriors fought valiantly, I was thinking it would be a shame if HBK had a hand in affecting the outcome. Man, if ever there were a match in which you wanted the result to be decided by no one but the two guys fighting, it was that one, no?

In the end, Shawn had no effect on who won and who lost. In the sense of athletic purity, that was good.......but later, it made me wonder what HBK was there for in the first place.

Same thing here, with one big exception: I can see Michaels having a hand in the decision, but if he does, I would hope he has multiple appearances for WWE planned, since a storyline could very well be opened by his possible interference in Orton/Bryan. Perhaps it would mean a match between Shawn and whomever he causes to lose the contest.

Or, maybe he's there only to build the gate for the PPV.

If this match has the ending it should have, it should be an amazing moment.....or it would be if Bryan wasn't already a two time WWE Champion. Man, WWE really did get into their old, bad habits in Summer/Autumn, didn't they. After lengthy reigns for Cena, Punk & evene The Rock it appeared as though WWE had gotten over switching the belt needlessly.

Orton vs. Bryan? Seen it. Added HBK & Hell In A Cell doesn't make this a different match to me.
Really? Orton vs Bryan in a cell you haven't seen. DB is a 2 time champ but not really because it's been taken away from him. Do you even watch or just look at numbers? He's a 2 time champ on paper but he's had his glory stolen...twice. It's a great grudge match.

Really? Orton vs Bryan in a cell you haven't seen.

As good as. It's not like Cell's are utilized much anymore. It won't make a significant difference to the match. It isn't the drastic shift it used to be or should be.

DB is a 2 time champ but not really because it's been taken away from him. Do you even watch or just look at numbers? He's a 2 time champ on paper but he's had his glory stolen...twice.

The euphoria of Bryan winning the WWE Championship is certainly lessened because he's done it twice already. It'll still be a nice moment if he wins, but will it be as special if they'd just let SummerSlam close with him as champion?

Orton vs Bryan Hell in a Cell, pretty much the only way their rivalry can truly end and it is so personal but being inside of Satan's structure inside the Devil's playground I can't wait but at the same time with HBK being the referee he is the real wild card in this equation because HBK even though he may call it down the middle HBK's friendship with HHH is pretty much a factor here too so will HBK screw Bryan? I think he will as a favor to HHH

If I'm going to make a bet on what happens, I think Orton retains.

Michaels calls the match straight down the middle, with the story playing out during the match that Triple H is PO'd that his best friend isn't siding with him.

In the end, it's not Michaels who turns on Bryan to cause the loss, but a returning Batista who gets into the cell, and powerbombs Bryan, allowing Orton to get the win.

The final shot of Hell in the Cell is a victorious, reunited Evolution.

Oh, by the way. The question of Shawn Michaels' inclusion of Orton/Bryan has raised questions as to whether his participation will have an effect on the outcome.

I remember watching the Undertaker-Triple H match at WM28, with HBK as guest referee. As the two warriors fought valiantly, I was thinking it would be a shame if HBK had a hand in affecting the outcome. Man, if ever there were a match in which you wanted the result to be decided by no one but the two guys fighting, it was that one, no?

In the end, Shawn had no effect on who won and who lost. In the sense of athletic purity, that was good.......but later, it made me wonder what HBK was there for in the first place.

Same thing here, with one big exception: I can see Michaels having a hand in the decision, but if he does, I would hope he has multiple appearances for WWE planned, since a storyline could very well be opened by his possible interference in Orton/Bryan. Perhaps it would mean a match between Shawn and whomever he causes to lose the contest.

Or, maybe he's there only to build the gate for the PPV.

I think Shawn added a lot to the Triple H vs Taker HIAC match as his conflict really aided to the drama of two guys hitting each other with chairs and finishers. He was torn between his best friend and a man who retired him but whom he respects more than anyone else in the business. I don't care for special refs much but I thought in this instance it really worked, Shawn's facial expressions during the match really heightened the emotion.

In this case the conflict will come from outside the Cell I think, perhaps with Triple H at ringside urging Shawn to do what's "best for business" as his former student eyes him warily, knowing Shawn's history of screwing over friends. This should be something Orton plants the seeds for on Raw next week, maybe showing clips of some of HBK's more dastardly moments like the classic Supercick + barbershop window throw on Janetty, and the time he Superkicked The Rock and helped Triple H retain the WWE title on the first ever SD in a match where Shawn was the special guest referee.

I have full faith in HBK and Triple H to execute this perfectly while not taking too much focus off Bryan and Orton.

I'm thinking there's going to be an HBK heel turn here although that might be too obvious.

What about VKM, helping Bryan and costing Orton the belt, thus throwing a monkey-wrench into the authority storyline and turning it back towards a power-struggle?

If Orton wins the WWE title and Cena wins the World title, are they finally setting this thing up for Orton vs. Cena to unify the two titles at Wrestlemania?

As good as. It's not like Cell's are utilized much anymore. It won't make a significant difference to the match. It isn't the drastic shift it used to be or should be.

The euphoria of Bryan winning the WWE Championship is certainly lessened because he's done it twice already. It'll still be a nice moment if he wins, but will it be as special if they'd just let SummerSlam close with him as champion?
It's better because he's won it before and had it stolen. ever get real close, have something in your grasp, then lose it? Geez, it's a crass analogy, but....sex man, you're terrible in bed if you don't get why DB getting as close as possible to "champion" and then pulling it back and then doing it again and then when the fans can't take anymore, letting them have what they want. He was "champion" but not really. Getting close, holding the belt but not being allowed to truly be champion, that's what this is about. I'm glad they didn't do the cliche "never been" stuff. This is a newer take on it.

Well Bryan has dominated Orton this week, knocking him out at the contract signing and pinning him in the 8 man tag main event on Smackdown, old booking logic says that means Orton wins at HIAC but I'm hoping planting those seeds is pure misdirection.

I still feel Bryan has to win this match and have a run as WWE Champion to maximize his push, I just don't see a natural storyline progression if Orton wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back