WWE Fastlane - Sasha Banks & Becky Lynch VS Naomi & Tamina

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
As with the Divas Championship match, this match is being done partly as a brief filler program but will also, most likely, have a use in setting up the Divas Championship match for WrestleMania. There's little doubt that Sasha & Becky come out with a win here but even if they lose, I think it's necessary for Sasha to immediately turn on Becky and beat her down. Considering that she was targeted by Sasha after her loss to Charlotte at the Royal Rumble, or rather used by Sasha to make a statement, the feeling I get is that it'll be Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Becky in a threeway dance for the strap with Charlotte as the full blown heel, Sasha as the tweener and Becky as the traditional babyface.

Of course, one might wonder why Becky left the ring for such a long time last night just to save her 'best enemy' Sasha. In fact, it was long enough to cost Becky the match against Tamina.......who hasn't won a match in recent memory and presumably won this one only to make her a credible partner for Naomi in the match at Fastlane.......with Naomi also having not won a match since cheerleading for Brodus Clay.

If Naomi wins a singles match before the PPV, their 'validation' will be complete, I suppose.

Talk about a filler match.

I am digging this temporary combination. Instead of having them off the Fast Lane card altogether, since Brie is getting the title shot, it's great that they have been given a match. It shouldn't be much of a competition in the sense that either team may win, but more about whether they will be able to work together. I'd like to see the two horsewomen dominate Team BAD, which shouldn't be togh because the faces will be carrying this match anyway, but I really hope they don't go for a short 5 minute match that ends with a roll-up. They should be given ample time to exhibit their skills.
I wish they would do some double team or combination moves; these two women can definitely pull it off... But that will probably remain a pipe dream because those in charge won't even think that far to consider something like this for the divas.
Storyline wise, what you said makes a lot of sense. That second unnecessary attack by Sasha would bring that anti-hero side of her and show that she isn't here to make friends; Becky would be mad as hell and looking for blood (no pun intended); and Charlotte will most likely cheat against Nikki's sister/Bryan's wife and be the dirtiest diva in the game. That triple-threat at Wrestlemania (if they go ahead with it) will be huge.

.with Naomi also having not won a match since cheerleading for Brodus Clay.

If Naomi wins a singles match before the PPV, their 'validation' will be complete, I suppose.

Talk about a filler match.

Naomi has won plenty of matches, but her pushes always seem to stop just as she is getting over or about to fight for the championship. Pre WM 30 she was beating AJ Lee who was then champ on several occasions. Only to be thrown into a multi-divas match and have Paige be the one to dethrone AJ the night after. The Post WM 31 she was constantly beating Nikki only to be thrown into a #1 contenders battle royal, lose and be given a random heel turn.

I'm actually looking forward to this match more than I am the divas championship match. Mainly because my favorite (main roster) divas are all in the match. Who I want to win depends on what wwe has plan for WM. If they plan on doing the obvious triple threat match between Becky, Charlotte, and Sasha then Becky aand Sasha have to win. WM 32 should be were the "divas revolution" come full circle. If wwe plans on having a multi(4+) divas championship match then I hope they give Naomi and Tamina the win. Sasha and Becky don't really need it as much as Naomi, they will be over/important, win or lose.

This is the first ever Sasha Banks match I've ever wanted to not go past 5 minutes. Naomi and Tamina are the least interesting divas in both WWE and NXT right now. I could care less about these two. Especially Tamina, how does she still work? I would've booked Sasha vs Paige (is she injured?) vs Becky in a no.1 contenders match and then had a screwy finish where no winner is determined. What does this match actually do for Sasha and becky?

Naomi has won plenty of matches, but her pushes always seem to stop just as she is getting over or about to fight for the championship. Pre WM 30 she was beating AJ Lee who was then champ on several occasions. Only to be thrown into a multi-divas match and have Paige be the one to dethrone AJ the night after. The Post WM 31 she was constantly beating Nikki only to be thrown into a #1 contenders battle royal, lose and be given a random heel turn.

You're right Naomi did win quite a few of her matches against Nikki, that's why she was up there for awhile. I thought she would actually take the belt from her, but I was wrong. From what I have read, AJ was supposed to turn heel after Mania but when she retired they turned Naomi instead. It was a huge mistake on their part because it totally killed her momentum. She works much better as a face.

Looking forward to this match too. Banks and Lynch can go in the ring and hoping that Naomi has recovered from whatever is ailing her. She is reported to have some sort of injury, but if they've announced this match she must be ready to go. Tamina will suck all the air out of the room as she usually does, but it should be a better match than Charlotte/Brie.

Still puzzled as to why Brie got the title shot at Fastland, unless the Banks/Lynch match will set up a 3 way for the title at Mania against Charlotte. If that happens an all three girls can get rid of the butterflies, that could be the match of the night.

Still puzzled as to why Brie got the title shot at Fastlane, unless the Banks/Lynch match will set up a 3 way for the title at Mania against Charlotte. If that happens and all three girls can get rid of the butterflies, that could be the match of the night.

I do hope these 3 horsewomen are accompanied by Paige at Wrestlemania 32 for the Divas Title. Brie got the title shot most probably as a filler and as a sympathy towards Nikki and now Bryan too.

About the tag match, There is no chance that Naomi & Tamina go over Sasha & Becky at Fastlane. I hope the latter win the match decisively thus showing their credibilty for the triple threat or four way at Mania. I do hope that We get Sasha as the new crowned champion at Mania.

:devil:

As with the Divas Championship match, this match is being done partly as a brief filler program but will also, most likely, have a use in setting up the Divas Championship match for WrestleMania. There's little doubt that Sasha & Becky come out with a win here but even if they lose, I think it's necessary for Sasha to immediately turn on Becky and beat her down. Considering that she was targeted by Sasha after her loss to Charlotte at the Royal Rumble, or rather used by Sasha to make a statement, the feeling I get is that it'll be Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Becky in a threeway dance for the strap with Charlotte as the full blown heel, Sasha as the tweener and Becky as the traditional babyface.

Naomi and Tamina are outmatched. This is another predictable match on the FL card. I assume Becky and Sasha wins to move on to the Divas title picture and Sasha attacks Becky after the match.

I really look forward to seeing this match rather than the pity party Divas Championship match. (hopefully Brie gets prego and retires after this)

Anyways great to see Naomi & Tamina getting the spot here even though its pretty obvious that Sasha & Becky go over. But just to got back to Naomina since everyone on here seems to be bashing them. If you have watched their past couple of matches on Main Event and Raw/Smackdown Tamina has been really stepping it up and showing tons of aggression (that she should be showing for her character and size). Naomi is really coming in to this heel role pretty well and showing more aggression. So we shouldn't really take away any credit and i believe with the pairing vs Sasha & Becky, this match will be far more superior quality than Charlotte vs Bella.

Looking into the future I am sure Becky wins the Divas title at Wrestlemania. I would love to eventually see Naomi challenge her sometime after and dethrone her of the Divas title somewhere in the early summer. Naomi has worked hard and should not be over looked but all these NXT divas.

Terrible match making here. It just seems to have appeared from nowhere. I completely agree with those who have said that they would have much rather seen Paige in this match. Or even just have Becky and Sasha fave off against each other and have a dusty finish to the match to set up the inevitable triple threat with Charlotte at WrestleMania. Putting them against Tamina and Naomi just screams desperation quite frankly. I have literally no interest in this match, save for the finish that will set us on our way towards Mania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back