WWE Extreme Rules: WWE Intercontinental Championship - Dean Ambrose (c) VS The Miz

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After Ambrose was disqualified during their title match on Raw by kicking Miz in the nuts, Miz complained to Kurt Angle backstage and demanded another match. Angle gave Miz one at Extreme Rules before Miz demanded that Ambrose can lose the title if he gets disqualified and Angle agreed.

They had a very fun match on Raw tonight and their match at Extreme Rules should as well, with Miz probably pulling all sorts of shenanigans to get Ambrose disqualified. For instance, at some point in the match, expect Miz to go outside, grab the IC title while Maryse has the ref distracted, look as though he's gonna hit Ambrose but falls down with Maryse spinning the ref around afterward to see Ambrose standing over a prone Miz with the championship lying next to him.

Part of me wants to see Ambrose retain and part of me wants to se Miz win the title for a 7th time. Miz's fifth run was great and Ambrose has done his best as champion given the limited use he's had as champion during WrestleMania season. By the time ER comes around, Ambrose will have been IC champ for over 150 days and while his use as champion hasn't been his fault, a fresh run might be the best decision to make.

I can't help but wonder whose cheerios Ambrose took a shit in recently. He was on the WrestleMania pre show and didn't even have a match at Payback nor was featured. This is the guy that was starting to look like one of the company's top stars during his feud with Rollins. I believe I read a report saying he had heat backstage for being lazy and complacent, a shot Miz also took at him in a promo a few weeks ago. I think there was also one of him being shitfaced during the Hall of Fame ceremony but who knows.

I think it's time for Miz to get the title back. Although i'm not sure what the point was of bringing Miz and Ambrose, 2 Smackdown superstars over to Raw just to have them fight each other more, it's clear the IC title needs a reboot (again) after a lot of people including myself forgetting that Dean was even champion. I believe Dean is just one of those people that is more fun to watch chase the champion rather than be the actual champion. It's not a bad thing to say, lots of wrestlers have been like that in history.

If it means more of Miz going absolute apeshit like he did in the fall for not getting the respect the Intercontinental Champion deserves and cutting the best promos of his career, than by all means I am on board. Miz has grown on me tremendously as he seems to have with a lot of people. I groaned and loathed his World Title run years ago, but nowadays I would be perfectly fine with him being in the main event again. I certainly can't remember the last time I saw someone go from an absolute joke to working his ass off more than anyone to become what he did. It truly is remarkable when you think about it.

Getting thrown out of locker rooms and being laughed at for being an MTV star to main eventing WrestleMania with John Cena and beating him is an amazing success story no matter how you look at it. He definitely deserves any accolade that comes his way.

It just feels like one of those matches I've seen a hundred times and none of them have made any real impression. But that's Miz and Ambrose for you.

A title change or if it's retained, neither sound terribly appealing.

RAW really does not interest me right now. It seems way to predictable and hurts as long as Lesnar is abesnt as the champion. Worst part of them all is that we know that he won't be losing that title. What does this have to do wth Miz vs Ambrose?

Well, it doesn't really matter who wins. We know that after that Ambrose is going against either Wyatt or Joe. And if Miz wins, he goes against Reigns or Balor.

With Lesnar absent, everyone on RAW will just keep switching opponents and no feud will have no real meaning behind it. The wrestlers will have to carry the feuds on their back.

Just like Joe/Rollins, Miz/Ambrose has no real interest in it right now.

I guess that it's time for Dean Ambrose's InterContinental Championship reign to end. Not that it's wrong by any measure. The match's stipulation also somewhat protects Dean Ambrose where he can lose the title without getting pinned.

Dean Ambrose's title reign was lackluster but it was more of a booking problem than a problem with the wrestler himself.

My guess is that this DQ stip will be voided at some point since this match is taking place at ER giving the fans at Raw a moment and Miz a chance to whine. Miz will then win through nefarious means (surprise return of Mizdow :) ) and go on to his rumored feud with Reigns. Miz's match with Ambrose should be decent to good.

Ambrose is so stale. He isn't a good IC champ. Miz is great as champ, would love to see him as champ to put a younger guy over.

Ambrose has been lame as shit since he lost to Lesnar, it's time for him to drop the belt to someone that will actually make it better.

Ambrose has been lame as shit since he lost to Lesnar, it's time for him to drop the belt to someone that will actually make it better.
Lame since losing to Brock Lesnar? He has been in multiple entertaining matches as well as segments since lost to Brock Lesnar at last year's Wrestlemania.

The wrestler can't do anything when his booking is bad. The belt will be better if the champion is booked rightly. Not ignored on PPVs.

I'm looking for Elias Sampson to possibly interfere and attack Miz causing the DQ win. Miz has such a great grasp of his character and of being a heel and I'd love to see him have another lengthy run.

Another good match from Miz and Ambrose. But Ambrose will be criticised for his in-ring work although he has varied his work most out of The Shield. Talk about being unfair in multiple matters.

Happy to see Miz win. InterContinental Championship will matter more because Miz won't get "sideline" booking like Dean Ambrose gets. Curious to see where both guys go next.

Whoever won it was always going to be more of the same. It's hard to get excited about a 7th title reigns. The only surprise was that Ambrose got pinned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back