The Miz continues to entertain just outside The Main Event...

Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Money for nothin, chicks for free
The Miz is now 7 time Intercontinental Champion. He won it in a good match vs Dean Ambrose at Extreme Rules. The Miz can go back to doing wonders for the I.C Title. Thats great and all but I think he deserves more. The Miz is amazing on the mic, can have great matches and can draw the heat/reactions from every fan in attendance. He should be The Main Event of Raw and it should be The Universal Championship he's holding, not the I.C Title for the 7th time.

Keep Brock as a special part time beast without a title. Give The Miz what he deserves, The Universal Championship.

I honestly thought WWE was going in this direction but on SmackDown. I was adamant The Miz was going to be featured somehow in the WWE Championship picture in 2017, especially considering how SmackDown is so free for stars that you wouldn't assume would make it to be featured in these positions. Many didn't think The Miz would ever reach the level of stardom that he did in 2010/2011 ever again, but I honestly think he's bettered that period by a long mile, and actually at this point, he truly is deserving of a world title run of some sort.

I just don't see it happening though. One, because Brock Lesnar is champion and I can see that being the case for the foreseeable future. Two, look at the roster on Raw. The Miz is nowhere near the top when you honestly think about it. Samoa Joe is the current number one contender, but you've got Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Finn Bálor who will almost certainly be getting shots. Bray Wyatt too perhaps. And of course, Braun Strowman is the big match everyone wants to see. So does The Miz fit in? I don't think so. And it's a shame, but at the same time, I think WWE can make it work with The Miz in the position that he is in. He's a fine entertainer and anybody who isn't featured in that Universal Championship picture can certainly mesh with The Miz. I definitely think this is the niche that The Miz will hold for a long time now. Unless he goes back to SmackDown, I don't see him anywhere near that world title.

The Miz and with some degree, Ambrose are in the IC title picture because WWE doesn't really have anyone else at that level. Miz and Ambrose are probably in that top level, but that's along with several others on Raw, and they can't all be in the title hunt at the same time.

Miz is trusted and WWE are right behind him, he's great with the IC title and acts like he cares about it more than the Universal title. Keep it on him

Careful what you wish for. Enjoying his work at this level does not guarantee you will enjoy his work at the next level. Being world champ does not have as much freedom as being a mid card champ. Lots of eyes on you and expectations through the roof. He doesn't look like he's retiring any time soon, putting the main title on him may seriously damage what remainder of his career he has left. It took years for him to get back to this point. I think it may be too early to put the main title back on him.

It would look nice to see Maryse in the main event though.

I'm sort of with GSB on this in that Miz has done such a good job in his current level that I wouldn't mind if this is ultimately where he stayed for a good while longer. I wouldn't hate it if Miz got an opportunity to go after the Universal Championship but Miz has been the best thing to happen to the Intercontinental Championship in a long time. Miz has been so good over the last 18 months or so that fans have really embraced him at this level; I've been a fan of Miz's for a long time though, like most fans, I'd given up on him as WWE hadn't really done much of anything with him apart from a number of throwaway IC title runs for several years and I think I see WWE making Miz a fixture in the Intercontinental Championship picture for much of the rest of his career. While this is entirely speculative on my part, I don't see Miz wrestling past 40 and sometime over the next 4 years, I expect Miz will break Jericho's record and hold the IC title a total of 10 times.

With all that said, I do think Miz will have another WWE or his first Universal Championship run before his career is over with. I don't know about its quality because the creative process for Raw can be hit & miss but who knows?

I too think it might be a mistake to put the Universal title on Miz. There are way too many others clogging up the main event scene right now. Considering they have an absent champion and 5 guys who could legitimately hold the title, Miz is perfect where he is.

Also add to the fact that Miz doesn't seem to want to be anywhere else. He's quite happy holding the IC title and trying to elevate it to more than a mid level belt, just like Cena elevated the US title. In a world where we are seeing the top titles hot potato'd around like the womens title was between Charlotte and Sasha, it's nice to see someone hold a belt and make it into something others want.

His match with Ambrose at Extreme Rules was one of the better ones of the night, so he's already off and running.

I'm absolutely loving the Miz right now (no homo). I've always liked him but the past couple years have been some of his best work. He's excellent on the mic, really as a good grasp of his character and playing a heel, and he's gotten better in the ring.

He would have had a much better shot at the main event/title picture if he were still on Smackdown. On RAW, I'm not saying Miz can't do it, but from a wrestling standpoint, I don't know how good his feuds would be. Purely from mic work, he can do a promo with anyone.

He doesn't need the Universal title... he will have a massive match at Mania - he vs Jericho for the first to 10 IC titles... and he'll probably retire Jericho the next night.

They're similar guys and it's interesting they both swapped shows. Miz entertains in much the same way Jericho does but is more of a natural heat magnet. People WANT to cheer Jericho..it's built in so however good as a heel he is, he has to always work double hard at it... while Miz can't do babyface to save his life.

It's natural these two guys collide and one "has to go"... of course it'll be Chris, but he'll be putting Miz into a position where the World title IS a real prospect going forward. I'd say Jericho wins at Mania...Miz loses his shit and retires him the following night... career ending style. Retire Jericho, The List etc... permanent heat.

The.Miz.Is.Not.A.Main.Event.Guy.

He's just not. Whatever it is, he doesn't have that. I hated the Miz. Change the channel hated, but I've come around a bit. Mostly it's due to the addition of Maryse. He's entertaining now. He can work with pretty much anybody. But...I don't want to see him in a championship match. I just don't and I don't think he belongs there. I don't think people need to be rewarded with a title run.

Miz can be defined without the Universal title. And even if they put it on him it wouldn't give him the credit he deserves from the audience.

Miz is without one of the and possibly the best heel on the current roster.

He puts on good matches and he plays his role extremely well. He makes people want to see him get beaten up. Everything about his character is annoying. He's the cool heel that isn't cool but doesn't realize it. He has a hotter wife than many people probably feel he deserves. His face looks very punchable. And he can control the crowd on the mic.

He's probably one of the most underrated on the roster but a Universal title run isn't going to change that.

If joe is the first one guzzled by lesnar, miz should be the second... He is that over..
And heyman vs mix on the mike would be epic.

The Miz was actually really good in his 2011 main event run. For some reason though he kept getting blamed for every low ratings or buys specifically Survivor Series 2011. I think at that point he lost confidence and only now has got his confidence back.

I admit thought early last year I wasn't a fan of his work problem was everyone else were better in ring workers and as a heel character AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, and Chris Jericho all presented better heel and more dimensional personalities than Miz. But since the split his work with Bryan and Cena helped him a lot get part of his groove back.

The cream always rises to the top, there cannot be any denying The Miz as a top level talent. I am unsure as to whom he will feud next for the IC Title. But the addition of Maryse over a year ago added a new dimension to his act, and its great. Problem is, hes getting the respect and recognition he so thoroughly deserves, I fear they will turn him face

The one thing about him is that his offense is not the most powerful. He has several signature moves that don't look like they hurt.

His 'Yes' Kicks are garbage as are his dropkicks in the corner. His backbreaker/neckbreaker combo looks weak and the clothesline where he jumps through the ropes doesn't always connect properly.

If he could perfect those moves, or have a couple big hitting moves that stop a faces comeback, he would look a bit better.

There was a period I was put off by WWE because outside of the top of the card there just wasn't anything else really worth tuning on for. Miz offers the mid-card/upper mid-card depth and entertainment. The IC title has always been one of my favourites. With Rollins, Balor, Wyatt, Reigns, Joe, Strowman when he returns being in that main event mix, I'd rather see Miz thrive in the position he's in than get lost in the shuffle.

His celebration segment was best thing on RAW. That bunny beating and destroying clock are hilarious. So, it was the right decision to have him back as IC Champ at least for now until they want to job him again to Balor or somebody else in need of title run when they realize that most of guys wont get rub from Lesnar spot.

The Miz was actually really good in his 2011 main event run. For some reason though he kept getting blamed for every low ratings or buys specifically Survivor Series 2011. I think at that point he lost confidence and only now has got his confidence back.

I admit thought early last year I wasn't a fan of his work problem was everyone else were better in ring workers and as a heel character AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, and Chris Jericho all presented better heel and more dimensional personalities than Miz. But since the split his work with Bryan and Cena helped him a lot get part of his groove back.

I agree with you. I think what really ruined that run was WWE switching focus to Cena v Rock as Miz's story was coming to a close leading to Wrestlemania that year. His big Mania match with Cena was overshadowed by the Rock returning and they completely lost focus on him after that until he worked with Bryan again.

The one thing about him is that his offense is not the most powerful. He has several signature moves that don't look like they hurt.

His 'Yes' Kicks are garbage as are his dropkicks in the corner. His backbreaker/neckbreaker combo looks weak and the clothesline where he jumps through the ropes doesn't always connect properly.

If he could perfect those moves, or have a couple big hitting moves that stop a faces comeback, he would look a bit better.

He should go the other way.
Instead of power moves he should use old school heel tricks like eye pokes and use the ropes to choke opponents. He has to the five count to break that.

Utilize the referee more often. Like when he's backed into the corner and the ref goes to break it up use the old cheap shot over the ref's head.

Target wrestlers knees with chop blocks.

Bring back Razor's old move where he'd do a double leg trip take down and then give a few slaps to the head of an opponent.

Study guys like heel Razor, Mr. Perfect, heel Piper and heel Flair and add in some of their more subtle stuff. You could even throw Dibiase in there. Have him do the fist drop that Ted did.

He's too small to be taken serious with power moves so he really should lose as many of those as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back