WWE Extreme Rules - Shad Gaspard vs. JTG (Strap Match)

TLC

Yeah, bitch! Magnets!

WWE.com said:
As announced exclusively on WWE.com, JTG and Shad Gaspard, formerly known as Cryme Tyme, will go head-to-head in a Strap Match at Extreme Rules.

While participating in a Strap Match, the former tag team partners will be connected to each other by a long, leather strap. The strap can be used as a weapon, but to win, a Superstar must touch all four turnbuckles uninterrupted and in succession.

Wow. This match is actualy going to be on a pay per view. I thought the feud would end up with them having matches on Superstars. Nobody really cares for the these two but they seem to be pushing Shad as a big dominant force so I wouldn't be suprised if he came off the winner. I hope one gets drafted as I don't think they would do well with both on each brand but that's for another thread.

So the question I am asking you is, do you think this match could be any good? And who do you think will come out with the win?

YAY! I am so happy WWE decided to put this on PPV, these two were a fantastic tag team and deserve a serious rivalry between the two to end it all. Both of these men I think have a good future in WWE. I can easily see JTG as a US champion on RAW after the draft and I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this but I think Shad can be a World Champion, he has a good look, a reasonable move set and his mic skills are not terrible. He also seems like someone VKM would like.

:O The 'E put this match on PPV. Wow. I am really looking forward to this match. I think that Shad will definitely get the win here and I think that JTG will be gone by the end of the year. On the other hand I think Shad has a really bright future. He has that big man look. He looks fierce, I would love to see him feuding with the likes of Drew Mcintyre and Matt Hardy in the Intercontinental title seen. Within a couple of years if all goes well we could see Shad vs Cena. And I am truly serious. Starting with a win this Sunday, Shad is going to be one for the future.

I think it's nice to see a non title mid card feud on ppv. We don't get to see that often and it's something that should happen a lot more often. A ppv match is a nice way of seeing how a mid card can handle the big stage and see how many people will actually watch. That said, I'm looking forward to what Shad is going to do here. JTG is very energetic, but Shad's getting the win and the push here. Don't know if this match will be very good, but at least this mid card feud is getting a chance to progress.

I actually see them swerving us here and giving us a face JTG push and Shad as the big, slightly cowardly heal. They will seperate in the draft, but I actually see JTG having the brighter future, if not in WWE, but elsewhere. Ever wonder why JTG wrestled 80% of their tag matchs?

i never cared for the "touch all four turnbuckles in succession" way to win a match. there have been good matches wrestled under these rules, but i personally prefer just the basic "pinfall/submission" match rules while the superstars are tied together with the strap, or bull rope, or whatever object. again, that's just me personally.

however, i am super excited that this match is on ppv. it has been said more than once on this thread, and i totally agree, that it's cool to see a mid-carder feud that is not for a title on a ppv. what a great opportunity for both men!

for sure i see Shad getting the win as he's got the big man's look. but one never knows in wrestling. it's possible that the WWE tries to swerve the viewer by giving the win to JTG. either way, it should be a good match. maybe not 5 star, but i don't see this ending the feud either. whether they split up on different brands or not, there are enough brand vs. brand ppv's that they could still meet up. like at bragging rights, survivor series, royal rumble, etc. it'd be great to see them end the feud at wrestlemania for one of the mid-card titles. or so i think. it'd give both wrestlers some credibility, plus it'd be a story with some really good build up. and by the time they fought over the title, whichever one it is, it might put a little focus on that belt for a change, since currently that's not happening so much.

and maybe this is best saved for a different thread, but what about a stable with MVP and Shad? both are african-american and both have spent some time in jail as younger men and then made the move to wrestling. maybe even bring back booker t as the manager and mouthpiece for the stable. could be a really good heel tag team, as guys that are used to breaking the rules so to speak and cheat to win. or they could be a really good face tag team, as a couple of guys that are living life right now and working hard to fight their way to the top of life, something like that. just a thought...

Please God don't let this drag on too much.

The thing is, is that JTG would probably have a better chance of getting over than Shad does. He was the one who delivered 80% of the promos, and wrestled the majority of the tag matches, and more often than not has been the one involved in singles matches.

However....... of the two, he's not the one who's more than 6 feet tall and weighs over 250lbs, is he? So the liklihood based on Vince's track record, is that this will be 15 minutes of Shad beating on JTG trying to get over and failing miserably. Hell, i should have added JTG's name to the list of people i think will be future endeavoured int he next month. Not because i think he deserves to be, just that seems to be where this is going.

I'd want to see JTG get the win and move on, mixing it up with the likes of Ziggler, JoMO, Mysterio etc, but instead i can see Shad getting the 'W' and just being another musclebound fool that can barely string a sentence together until the point that he's featured so infrequently that fans forget he's even on the roster.

Something tells me by logic that Shad is gonna win this one, seeing as he's bigger, more powerful and by far seems to be the one who's gonna be on a roll if he wins this one, as opposed to the missing momentum and potential that I feel JTG has as opposed to the potential I think that Shad really has.

But then again, logic had CM Punk loosing last year too against Umaga, and that didn't happen, perhaps JTG can pull a surprising victory here, but I agree with The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh over the fact that it shouldn't drag out for too long..

JTG = Marty Jannety of Cryme Tyme...Damn... I just hope they don't start making Shad wear tights or something like that. He'll lose all credibility to me then. He'll just be another big guy. I say the match will be good because both guys have been selling the hatred pretty well but I think they might end up pushing Shad as a bad guy for awhile. I'd like to see MVP go heel, and have him, Shad, and Zeke form an American Gangster mafia style faction with MVP as don of course. But anyway...I see JTG fading into obscurity. I could be wrong, but that perm isn't helping his street cred. If he was trying to be a pimp he could perm that hair, but it looks stupid when you're trying to be a gangster so I think they push Shad because he's the one they're shaping into a possible champion down the road it seems.

Shad will proabably win. This match is here becasue they saw an oppertunity with the lack of Raw to stick an undercard fued on the PPV to make it more prestigious. They have to at this moment make both men look strong otherwise one will become a jobber and the other will have a potentiel future. I like both guys and hope they can do well and convince the creative team to do something with them. I see Shad winning and staying on SD whilst JTG moves to Raw to rebuild.

Hands down, JTG will get the win. In these matches, the small guy always wins. Out of these guys I really think JTG may be the one to get the push. Shad is a poor man's Bobby Lashley. No mic skills, pure power, large physique and no in ring ability. Cryme Tyme was a horrible gimmick tag team and I'm really hoping they repackage JTG and do something with him. Shad will be future endeavored by September or sooner.

WTF, this is gonna get PPV time?

XFear just jiiizzzzeeed.

Ok, I guess this is kinda cool. Probably a bit more build necessary, but they have done all they can. I cant see a particular amount of interest in this among the crowd, but I suppose we will see. They both need new theme music, I know that much.

Probably a better idea to have Shad go over for now, but I think JTG needs to look strong. I can see Shad being drafted to RAW the night after this.

Yea there wasn't much build for this match, obvious by the announcement on WWE.com. I do have some interest in this match, as I like both of these guys. They need to be seperated after this tho, I can't see this continuing after Extreme Rules. Interesting to see how this match goes. I see JTG looking good but Shad getting the win in the end.

Wow. This match is actualy going to be on a pay per view. I thought the feud would end up with them having matches on Superstars.

Me too. Then I though they would just be released weeks later. Guess I was wrong. I really like JTG? Not sure if anybody is with me though.

Instead of this match (which I think is a waste of time), I think they shoud'v done something for the IC championship. I mean, honestly, in my prespective, this match is not necessary for this paperview. Again according TLC, this match should'v been in Superstars or something

I think Shad is going to win this match. Shad will be built up as the dominant big man if he gets the win in this one. Although, I don't think this will be a squash because JTG needs to look like he can hold his own against Shad. After this match is over, I expect Shad or JTG to be traded to Raw because it would make no sense for this feud to continue. I find it hard to believe too many people would care about a feud between Shad and JTG.

Man.

I couldn't care less about this match. I mean...these guys amounted to nothing as a tag team, so where is the rivalry coming from.

"Oh we sucked as a tag team, so let's fight about it."

That's all I can really come up with.

I actually think this match has some potential. I see JTG coming out on top, followed by them being split up in the draft which will end the feud and give both of them the ability to move on

What a waste of a match, the time spent on this match would be much more useful going towards the Bret hart/Sho-Miz mini feud or the Hardy/McIntyre feud

I wouldnt be all that surprised if shad won via Squash

This should be a short but interesting match. They seem to be pushing Shad instead of JTG, which is the complete opposite of what I thought was going to happen when their tag team would split up. It's a bit too soon, but perhaps it's for the best for both guys since they obviously were never going to become tag team champions. Shad's got the win here unless they plan to push JTG just as much, which doesn't appear to be the case because the entire feud has been so one-sided in Shad's favor up until now.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Shad will defeat JTG.

I actually really enjoyed this match. It featured two midcarders who are both pretty good in a fun little match. JTG being the winner surprised me, but it just goes to show that WWE has faith in both wrestlers. They gave Shad a lot of mic time and they gave JTG a win. Good move by the E. I wouldn't mind seeing some more matches between the two, but if they get split up I hope they both rise to the top. I enjoy them both in their different styles.

This match was also extremely funny, because of Shad's performance and screaming of the Freddy song. I could see him becoming a new Batista. Large, powerful, and unintentionally hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back