WWE Euroshop Shutting Down, WWEShop.com to Fulfill Orders from August 1st

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
I've talked about WWE Euroshop a few times on this site, always about how shit it is. This was true and remains true. Something has occurred which I'm going to cautiously declare as good news. You read the title, didn't you?

Go on WWEEuroshop.com and you'll be greeted not only by a plethora of sales on extra small and extra large t-shirts - and a bafflingly poorly designed and maintained site - but this:

MkzPw.jpg

The Euroshop is closing down, and that is cause for celebration. In difficult times for our continent, the Spanish can join hands with the Italians, the French can join hands with the British, the Germans can join hands with the Greeks and we can all rejoice at the downfall of this menace. Sweden can do the music. Ethnic minorities are advised to stay away from Ukraine, he can get a bit punchy.

My worry is, even though WWE Shop is a much better designed site with a much larger range to choose from, international shipping doesn't exactly make it that appealing a place to buy WWE merchandise from. To illustrate the point, I just tested an order for a CM Punk shirt. The shirt came to £24.99 and international shipping - which means the shirt will be delivered some time between a fortnight and three weeks - came to $17.99. A total of $42.98. That's roughly £28 or £35 (assuming we have members in the Eurozone). Not exactly the most expedient. Hopefully there will be a solution between now and August.

I'd also ask - so that a genuinely well designed site with a wide range and great prices doesn't suffer this same fate - that you all do your best to support SilverVision.co.uk.

They hate the fan base outside of America so much :'(

I really wanted to buy their 2010 PPV DVD collection (which was $99), but the DVDs only work in Region 1. Europe is Region 2. WTF.

They need more dedication to worldwide fans, especially when you consider facts like half of the 200,000 Extreme Rules buys came from outside the US and their overseas events are ALWAYS a total sell out, whereas some American tapings are only half full (SD in particular)

I don't know what they have planned, but they might still use the same delivery network to you guys in Europe. I'm guessing, it's about cutting costs so they don't have to pay to run two sites. And you said the European site is poorly maintained.

What does this mean about shipping? Last time I ordered something from the states, was a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey. £50 + £25 p&p AND THEN the post office charged me £25 just because it was from outside of the U.K. I don't think I could justify spending about £75 on a t-shirt. I'll have to wait until they come to the O2 every April to buy things

I am deeply saddened with all the concerning rumours that surrounds Silvervision’s future. The days of quickly distributed, cheap WWE DVD’s may be over and done with here in the U.K. As it may have been brought up in previous posts, there are websites and different sources that suggest Silvervision’s contract for licences in distributing WWE DVD’s is up on the 1st of June. I have to believe that this may be true, for example Wrestlemania 28, which became available for pre-order in the UK a few months ago has still yet to be put back up on the site. Silvervision are yet to comment on their current status leaving us fans in the dark. I am positive people in the UK will still get hold of WWE DVD’s and other merchandise very easily, just it will come at an extra cost. (probably why WWE are taking licences away, to make more money, which I cant blame them for)
I understand that the WWE is an American based production with a worldwide fan base ect… ect, but I have always felt that the way WWE have marketed their merchandise here in England has been unprofessional, almost a joke! (with the exception of Silvervision.co.uk.)
Going back to you’re original point I conquer WWEeuroshop is possible the biggest pile of wank I have ever set my eyes on. Someone quoted on here that it looks like it hasn’t been updated since 1999 and that person was right. Customer service is awful and the shipping expense is laughable. If WWE do decide to take away licences from companies across Europe I guarantee a sufficient replacement website or a service will not happen quickly or come cheap. There are a lot of hardcore fans in England that have spent thousands on WWE DVD’s, and will not pay ridiculous money for postage and to crap service that comes along wit it! For sure it will be a sad day when it comes if these reports are true and what has happened to Silvervision is a damm right shame.

Just so you know, its not just the shirt price and postage you have to pay for us UK fans... you then have to pay import/customs duties which can be huge aswell.

Friend of mine ordered Daniel Bryan's YES! YES! YES! shirt after Mania... and had to add £14 customs ontop of everything else.

Some reet good bargains there though. Might finally get my first wrestling t-shirt. Anyone want to tell me what the P+P is?

EDIT: Never mind, found out. Only 50p more than the shirt in question.

Great post. Well written and amusing! I was the guy who started the thread the other week about European merch and how shit the supply/volume is!!! This is great news. Shipping costs a major worry though. WWE Merch sales over here must be at an all time low. Toys are fairly accessible but t-shirts etc are tough to find.

Silvervision is THEE place for Dvd's though. That news really concerns me. Last week I bought 21st Century Greatest Supertars Blu Ray, Hogan 4 DVD set and Reys 3 DVD set all for the sum of £17. It was also delivered next day. Fantastic company which will be missed. HMV and Play and the like have new releases priced around the £22.99- £27.99 mark. Silvervision is 'usually' £11.99-£22.99 with some great bargains too. Last week Shawn vs Bret Blu Ray was £8.99.

That's roughly £28 or £35 (assuming we have members in the Eurozone).

Sorry - that second price should read 35 euros, not pounds. There's no euro key on this keyboard; what am I supposed to do? You people! Point is, it's pricey.

On the SilverVision situation, everything still seems unclear. Apologies if that doesn't exactly read like BREAKING NEWS - that's just how it is. Issues regarding pre-orders of WrestleMania 28 have been sorted out, so that's a ray of hope:

@SilverVision I've heard that HMV details of WrestleMania 28 for July 9th have gone back up for them so I'm prosuming Production issues have bene resolved with that. Any details or Production issues resolved with WCW Clash of the Champions Blu Ray & ECW Unreleased Blu Ray yet? Thanks.

There's been no more news at our end I'm afraid.

I like this guy (or girl, who knows?) that runs their Twitter account. I'd like to buy them a pint, or a Twix, or some crack - whatever their vice is.

Might as well post an update on this for the... three people who might have a passing interest.

It would appear that Silver Vision have sorted out their issues with WWE - they're stocking the DVDs and Blu-rays for WrestleMania and beyond. Good news, I think we'll all agree. Saves us from having to get WWE DVDs from another retailer - one who might well not practically give them away. I love Wild Wednesdays, those beautiful bastards!

As for WWE Euroshop, they've understandably stopped bringing in new stock. The site is still standing - as ugly and barely usable as ever - but now with only about two dozen items in stock. If you ever wanted some particularly unorthodox toilet paper, you could buy an "I'm So Over" shirt for £2.50 (presumably with £4.00 postage piled on top). Godspeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back