WWE Encyclopedia

AnthonyM4

Getting Noticed By Management
I don't know if this is the right place to put this in, but is it worth getting if you are a smark? I mean I'm sure the casual fans would like it since they haven't seen or heard of a lot of the wrestlers and events that are profiled and will learn a lot of new things. Amazon has it for less than $30 which is a good deal for a big book like that, but I'm afraid I'll read a lot of things I knew of already if I get it. I can imagine the photos are great though. I went to wrestlecon recently to meet Warrior and a lot of people had him sign his picture that was in the encyclopedia. BTW, I'm talking about the updated version of WWE Encyclopedia. Is it worth it?

Meh is my honest answer. I bought just because and there are people in there I forgot about. The profiles follow the character of the wrestler, not anything behind the scenes related. Pictures were alright, nothing spectacular. I guess it boils down to how hardcore of a fan you are.

If it's in kayfabe, then what's the point, really? It gets sickening when Mean Gene and Renee Young on Vintage Collection go on and on about a wrestler "changing his ways" (face turn) or having "lost it" (heel turn) and so forth...

If you're already a hardcore fan I doubt you'll learn anything new that you care about. I will say they did a good job of including everybody you can think of. You'll probably come across some people that you have forgotten about and some pre Hulkamania names you never knew but you're not going to learn anything beyond their on camera accomplishments. One thing that stood out to me was a big picture and profile of Chris Benoit. It was nice that he wasn't erased from history.

Well a friend vehemently recommended it. I bought it from amazon for 27.77(not including shipping). Even though I know a lot, it will probably be a good reference source. Also seems to be a neat collectible to have.

I think it was pretty good, worth the money I paid.

You got to read about wrestlers you had forgotten about and others you didn't know of. It's pretty in depth.

I picked up the first run of the encyclopedia last year at a thrift store for a few bucks. It was cool to read through it and see some people I had forgotten about. Haven't read the newer updated version but yeah pick it up it's a cool read.

I bought it 'cos it was half price and on the same day, Sheamus & Kaitlyn were doing a signing of the Encyclopaedia, so I technically had no choice.

However, since buying it, I've looked through it a coupla times and it's pretty damn good. The only problem with the Encyclopaedia itself is within a few months, it's defunct. Something changes & you're stuck with a book that doesn't read right.

So how is it?

It is a neat book. They pretty much covered everyone who stepped into a wwe ring. I like that they only put people that were in wwe as opposed to every wrestler that has appeared in a promotion that they now own the footage of. So there is no Sting in this book. Maybe one day they will do a wcw and ecw encyclopedia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back