• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Discussing New Supershow Idea

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
It's being reported that WWE is discussing the idea of holding a special Raw broadcast, which would feature the first hour of the show being Smackdown, the second hour being Main Event, and the third hour being Raw. The show would have different hosts for each hour, and would be a special event much like other themed editions of Raw.

I like this idea a lot!! Of course, as usual, I would change it up a bit.

Monday 8 PM – Raw
Have the Flagship show kick off the week. It’s only right.

Monday 9 PM – Smackdown
Second hour, second show.

Monday 10 PM – Main Event
If the 3rd show was named SuperStars, then fine, put it in the second hour. Since its named Main Event, then put this in the Main Event. Make it the Championship hour and feature the Champions of the WWE from 10 – 11.

Wednesday 8 PM – Main Event
Leave as is.

Friday 8 PM – Smackdown
Since I’d like Raw to start Monday nights, then have Smackdown start Friday nights.

Friday 9 PM – Raw
Since there isn’t a 3rd hour on Fridays, have Raw start and end the week.

If the show was to work WWE would need to separate the 2 brands ( RAW and smackdown) other wise it would be 3 hours of the same thing and there would be no point in changing it.

I'm not sure why you set up the whole week like you did. They said this would be a special event, not a weekly occurrence. It needs to be a one night only kind of thing.

Anyways, I think they could only do this, as others have said, if the brands were split. We're essentially seeing this already on Raw since we have Smackdown and Raw matches, just not in separate hours.

They also can't do it right away if they do split the brands. They have to build it up over several months so it feels like something new to us.

I don't really see a reason for this to be completely honest. All in all, most members of the roster make appearances on all three shows anyhow; so I don't see how this is going to generate any sort of major spectacle.

With the exception of Brock Lesnar, The Rock & RVD; I don't think any other male member of the roster hasn't appeared on all three shows in the past year at least once. I think that even Cena has been on Main Event a couple of times and appears on SD! very rarely.

If WWE wants to do something that introduces fans to something different on Monday night, as SD! & Main Event aren't viewed by nearly as many people as Raw, then I think they'd be better off using one of the hours to air a live episode of NXT. Even though NXT doesn't have a US TV deal at this point, it frequently generates a lot of positive buzz and rightly so. Since this Supershow is a special event like Old School Raw, I think they should try to make it feel special. Hype the ever lovin' crap out of the episode for maybe a couple of months, maybe feature some vignettes showing NXT's top talent, maybe show a couple of brief 30 second backstage interview segments with some of them and have the live airing of an NXT episode featuring the very top talent. You know, do something original like introduce the WWE audience to some completely fresh & exciting talent, a glimpse into what might be WWE's future.

With no brand split I don't think there is any need for this. Surely, it would just be the same guys wrestling but with a different theme to the show.

If there was still a brand-split than I would get more excited about this. I still wouldn't encourage it but it would be interesting to see. If it was a situation where the best of Raw, would be paired with a mix of the Smackdown on Mondays with the opposite on Fridays. That could be something which would appeal to me but without a brand-split, I can't see much point.

I think it is only being discussed as a one time thing. Still stupid.

the way to properly pull this off, is to have a true brand split, have 2 horu RAW and SD on their respective nights, with a two hour split show in the middle of the week, and a one hour SNME(dual branded) every saturday.

The WWE could show anything they want and WE would all still watch it. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You are all in denial. The simple fact that we’re talking about WWE at this very moment, while there is not a WWE show on right now proves that. The WWE could very well change Raw completely and have SuperStars for the first 2 hours and Main Event for the last hour, and WE would all still watch it. At the end of the day, it’s still the WWE’s Monday Night show. The reason why I like it, is because it could bring back the Brand Split. If it’s a one-time special, so be it. If it somehow becomes the new format, I would love it. Seriously, it’s not like there’s another World Wrestling Entertainment company out there than can compete with the WWE.

I like the idea of WWE splitting one week of Raw into a couple of shows. But with there being no brand split it seems pointless to split Raw into Raw and SD then Main Event, because the same wrestlers appear on all three shows. The only reason to do this is if this is the start of the brand split again (which I want).

What I'd like to see is have Raw the same apart from the second hour which can be an NXT hour. This gives a lot more people the opportunity to see the future of the WWE, it also gives WWE a chance to see if any wrestlers are ready to be put onto the main roster. It also benefits the wrestlers because they get a chance to see what it's like to be in front of a bigger crowd.

I don't understand the point of this idea. What's it going to mean, other than the ropes will be blue for an hour? The shows share superstars and storylines. Nobody's really Smackdown exclusive. Upper main eventers are mostly Raw-exclusive, but that means nothing because it's an episode of Raw anymore. Main Event is just midcard matches with little storyline. They do a couple of those on Raw too. So what's the difference? Different logos on the ring banners, and a different 'host' (Hey guys! Booker T is hosting an hour of Monday Night Raw! APPOINTMENT TELEVISION!) what does it even mean?

The idea to feature NXT for a night makes more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back