WWE "confident" Sting will join their roster

Didn't see where anyone was suggesting he show up next week. I was thinking around this or next WM season. Maybe hints or promos for a while but now would be (and let me make sure I use the medical term correctly) blowing your wad.

If he showed up now it would be likely that other guys would get buried and the nostalgia factor would wear thin.

Plus, he's still with TNA and this report is completely made up.

You do see the money in Sting/UT WM, right?

Didn't see where anyone was suggesting he show up next week. I was thinking around this or next WM season. Maybe hints or promos for a while but now would be (and let me make sure I use the medical term correctly) blowing your wad.

If he showed up now it would be likely that other guys would get buried and the nostalgia factor would wear thin.

Plus, he's still with TNA and this report is completely made up.

You do see the money in Sting/UT WM, right?

Hey, did you go to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College too?

And I don't believe it's that big of a money match. The buyrates would be comparable to the last 3 WrestleManias.*

EDIT:

*Depending on the rest of the card, of course.

Hey, did you go to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College too?

I couldn't afford it so attended the Back Alley Behind the Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.
And I don't believe it's that big of a money match. The buyrates would be comparable to the last 3 WrestleManias.*

EDIT:

*Depending on the rest of the card, of course.

Comparable to the last 3 WMs sounds good to me. If The Rock is gone I don't know if you get that with just Cena/UT. This way you have UT/Sting and Cena somewhere else. According to my two draws is better than one theory that equals more money.

I couldn't afford it so attended the Back Alley Behind the Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.

Comparable to the last 3 WMs sounds good to me. If The Rock is gone I don't know if you get that with just Cena/UT. This way you have UT/Sting and Cena somewhere else. According to my two draws is better than one theory that equals more money.

Hence my asterisk George, hence my asterisk. If The Rock isn't there the drop off will be precipitous. I thought better of you than to even suggest that Sting is remotely in The Rock's class as a draw.

I already gave a breakdown of why Sting wouldn't make a huge difference at the box office in a post I made earlier this afternoon in the non-spam version of this discussion. You'll have to find it and try to understand my math on that end if you want to continue this. I do appreciate your continued use of quality grammar and good humor, though.

If Taker vs. Sting happened, would it still draw? Most definitely.

If Taker vs. String happened, would it be entertaining? Probably, depending on where its staged the atmosphere could be significant in the overall rating of a hypothetical match.

Should WWE still try and bring Sting to the WWE despite his age? Yeah, why not? There is a technicality that he appeared on a WWE broadcast but hes never actually appeared in a WWE ring before, that in and of itself would be a huge event. Every wrestling fan still know his name, I'd say even the young ones have at least heard of Sting most probably without seeing him but to bring him into the company would still be a smart move, whether he's old or not.

All I'd ask is that if brought in he's given time and money or whatever it takes to get back into ring shape. This wrestling with a t-shirt on is annoying for me, it doesn't fit his character or story like a Kevin Steen or a Cactus Jack, it just makes him look silly and insecure, which is heightened when he wears a singlet to begin with which covers up the majority of torso. What's he hiding? Is he secretly pregnant?

The ironic thing is that he might have a few matches after Taker hangs up the old urn.

I want WWE to confirm Sting for Wrestlemania 30. The lights go down, the ring announcer, "Please welcome Sting!" then the tron plays out

[YOUTUBE]k3EmA-eJPxs[/YOUTUBE]

Man, I'd die laughing

I will believe Sting is in the WWE when I see him walk down to the ring...and even then, I will be scrutinizing him to make sure he isn't an imposter...

I just love the usual Team TNA forum members are having the expected melt down of epic proportions at this point.

If Taker vs. Sting happened, would it still draw? Most definitely.

If Taker vs. String happened, would it be entertaining? Probably, depending on where its staged the atmosphere could be significant in the overall rating of a hypothetical match.

Should WWE still try and bring Sting to the WWE despite his age? Yeah, why not? There is a technicality that he appeared on a WWE broadcast but hes never actually appeared in a WWE ring before, that in and of itself would be a huge event. Every wrestling fan still know his name, I'd say even the young ones have at least heard of Sting most probably without seeing him but to bring him into the company would still be a smart move, whether he's old or not.

All I'd ask is that if brought in he's given time and money or whatever it takes to get back into ring shape. This wrestling with a t-shirt on is annoying for me, it doesn't fit his character or story like a Kevin Steen or a Cactus Jack, it just makes him look silly and insecure, which is heightened when he wears a singlet to begin with which covers up the majority of torso. What's he hiding? Is he secretly pregnant?

Actually at this stage I'd expect Sting vs Taker to be a double edged sword. One on side you've got two icons going at it in the biggest dream match not named Austin vs Hogan, but on the other side both are getting up there in age that I'm sure, while the match would be stellar regardless, it'll NEVER live up to the on paper expectations that most fans are going to have.

Honest question because I haven't watched TNA for several months. I've been reading on here that TNA is starting a new version of the Main Event Mafia. Is Sting a part of all of this (I am assuming he is)? Because if he is, I can't imagine that TNA would embark upon an angle of this nature and magnitude with him as a pivotal player, only to have him walk out the door and head up north several months later. After all, TNA generally displays far more foresight and detailed planning than this with its angles and storylines. It would not be like them to embark upon a storyline like this with no direction or purpose.

Honest question because I haven't watched TNA for several months. I've been reading on here that TNA is starting a new version of the Main Event Mafia. Is Sting a part of all of this (I am assuming he is)? Because if he is, I can't imagine that TNA would embark upon an angle of this nature and magnitude with him as a pivotal player, only to have him walk out the door and head up north several months later. After all, TNA generally displays far more foresight and detailed planning than this with its angles and storylines. It would not be like them to embark upon a storyline like this with no direction or purpose.

Yes they have, and Sting was the instigator of it all. So far it's Sting, Angle and Joe.

As for the 2nd part, you're generally right, however they brought back Scott Steiner last time in hopes of reforming MEM, but that's when Booker T and Kevin Nash decided to head back to WWE. At least I'm pretty sure those happened about the same time.

As mentioned before, this rumor happens every couple years or so. I guess there's knowledge within the business that Sting's current contract might be up soon...? That's all I can think of as to why this rumor started. I would think Sting's contract would at least be close to being up, as recently a storyline played out that Sting can never again wrestle for the TNA Heavyweight Championship.

You two need to recognize, that Sting; is a rather strange draw.

People who buy tickets, buy the PPV will do so in large numbers. He's been in TNA since when 2005?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back