WWE "confident" Sting will join their roster

Fire Marshall Bill

Let me show ya somethin!!!
F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE used Sting in their video packages last night highlighting former World Heavyweight Champions for a reason.

There is discussions going around backstage of WWE that Sting is once again interested in joining the company. While he hasn't opened direct negotiations with the company, he has sent feelers to WWE about joining them. There is said to be a lot of confidence and positive vibes on WWE's side that Sting will join their roster eventually.

Let the speculation begin.

Does anyone have any idea when his current contract is up? Didn't he sign a short 1 or 2 year contract last time?

YES! I don't care that this over the hill Sting...buddy, Sting is Sting. I don't care if he is on crutches or a wheelchair screaming down the 20m ramp at WrestleMania 30.

Bring him in!

YES! I don't care that this over the hill Sting...buddy, Sting is Sting. I don't care if he is on crutches or a wheelchair screaming down the 20m ramp at WrestleMania 30.

Bring him in!

No doubt it would be cool to see. I just don't get excited about this stuff anymore until it's a well known fact....as in he's walking down the ramp. Too many bs stories out there. Though I'll admit I was surprised they highlighted Sting last night.

In 2011, would've been perfect. Then again, if Hogan couldn't get him in '89.... :lmao:

It's that time of year again?

This story comes up every so often and nothing comes of it. I'll believe it when I see it and not until then.

You guys are gonna ruin Mania 30 you know that right? None of this will come to fruition.

Would be cool, but this reminds me of 2011 all over again. Remember how that was for sure Sting at 2/21/2011? Yeah, me too.

There was a small contingent of naysayers when the 2/21/11 promos were being aired, and I'm proud to say I was one.

I've never had any faith in Sting coming to WWE. I have even less faith in the internet wrestling media. Both are far too lazy. Sting looked at the matches Undertaker was putting on and said, "I've got to keep up with that!? And travel and work a full schedule!?!? Pfft... Dixie'll give me six figures to show up whenever the hell I feel like it so I can wrestle with my shirt on. Oops! I mean, um, I'm a TNA guy! Yeah, that's the ticket!"

The bloom has been off of that rose for over a decade now. If Sting shows up, it'll be too little, too late. Him not coming to WWF/E after all the opportunities he's had and offers they've made just smacks of not caring about what fans want because he wants to work as few dates as possible. Oh, and it reeks of him being a wuss who's afraid WWE wouldn't use him right, despite Flair, Jericho, Big Show, Goldberg, and Booker T being proof to the contrary.

We know that WWE is in fact interested in him, they know that they can still make money with him and that he's more than capable to be a wrestler and/or a non-wrestler tv personality. For more than a year now, it seems that every month WWE.com has an article talking about Sting - and that's a clear hint.

Now my question is - what would they do with him? I'm a Sting mark, his work both in NWA and WCW is excellent, his world title draw against Ric Flair in the Clash in still one of my favorite bouts ever and they can capitalize on that by having an Ultimate Sting Collection, and having him for the DVD's. He would most likely be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, so that counts as well. But what about on TV? I don't know if The Undertaker is a viable option, the feud would have a great story no doubt, but it wouldn't be as big as a John Cena vs. Undertaker. So who else? I don't really know, maybe CM Punk or Randy Orton, but one of them would have to be an heel and Punk's way better as a face, Orton in the other hand is way better as an heel, but he's not going to turn as long as people go see a SmackDown House-Show thanks to him.

So long as Sting is too embarrassed to wrestle without a shirt, I'm not sure I want this.

Say what you want...WWE's product, Stings moral fiber...,whatever!

At the end of the day its all about the bennies. If you write a check big enough...he will come!

This again? I'll believe it when his music hits on RAW and he walks out. Until then, this rumor goes into the same category as every other return rumor (Goldberg, Austin, etc..). The Bullshit category.

I don't think it's bullshit as much of you people here... I mean, sure every year this rumor appears but it does have some foundation behind. Sting wants to be in the WWE as much as he wants to be in TNA, so it's just a matter of money. He may be very loyal to TNA, but even a legend of the business would rather be in the WWE, and he never ever denied it. WWE wants him there too, so it's something I can see be a lot more plausible then a Goldberg return or an Austin return.

Jesus Christ, what is WWE's boner about Sting these days? I know he's a damn good wrestler, but if this report has any truth to it, you'd think Sting is the greatest wrestler of all time?

If WWE is going by his hype with the never-ending Sting - Undertaker comparisons (which make no fucking sense whatsoever since Sting and Undertaker are nothing alike, aside from a trench coat), then they're in for a rough time because they'll shed big bucks and it won't pay off.

Come on! You had The Rock's first match in YEARS and the buy rate was only slightly improved. You had his suggested last match the next year and the buy rate was the same. You had Lesnar on the card and it didn't do much. These are WWE guys. Now, somehow, Sting is their saving grace.

A good portion of WWE's fans are children. These children were born in the late 90's or early 2000's. Chances are, unless they know of TNA or have stumbled upon some YouTube videos, that they know NOTHING about Sting, therefore they will not care.

The other portion of WWE's fans are people aware of Sting, but don't quite give a damn since he's never wrestled for the WWE. They know little about him and I doubt they'd mark out if he came to the WWE.

Finally, we have the people who think Sting in WWE is going to be so damn badass. This group consists of people who think it'll be cool and the lovely individuals who will hate Sting, unless he goes to the WWE. Sting TNA is an old fuck who should hang them up, but boy if he ever went to the WWE that fella would be SOO COOOL.

Anyway, I really hope Sting never steps foot in that shit hole. He has absolutely NOTHING to prove. The old argument about Sting never being able to perform for "the big time" is horse-shit since he already performed and headlined for the big-time, AGAINST the big time. The big time was WCW, the opponents were people like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair who are both better and more legendary than The Undertaker ever was or will be.

Any sentimental value for WrestleMania is useless too. The only perk is that you get to perform infront of a HUGE live audience. Other than that, whoever they pitch Sting up against, he'll likely either lose or they'll WWE his persona. You know what I'm talking about. The cool DDP became a fucking stalker and a cheeseball. Booker T became that atrocious King Booker bullshit. Goldberg was spent by the time WWE got to him and when they did they took the most basic, obvious approach. Scott Steiner was bound by WWE's bullshit so he couldn't be Scott Steiner and don't even get me started on WWE's version of the nWo.

Sting will be no different. ESPECIALLY in a creativity deprived WWE as it is just now. All you'll get is a cool debut, sweet special effects and promo videos. Some marks will pop a boner and Sting would go to the WWE for NOTHING.

Sting's better off staying as the ONE guy that made it without going to the WWE. He's a symbol for those guys in TNA to keep busting their ass and know that you don't HAVE to go to the WWE in order to achieve great things and be regarded as a great wrestler. Like it or not, they need that. Any of TNA's top stars going to the WWE will hurt the business. Wrestling needs competition and it needs a bigger TNA. That won't happen if its stars aren't there and clearly the WWE will continue to be boring and to slack so it's up to them.

I agree 100%

Taker v Sting FOR THE FIRST TIME at WM 40, defibrulator on a pole match...

That's another thing about this that doesn't add up. I can see the TNA fanatics are already getting testy, so I'll be gentle about how I say this. WWE has promising under 25 talents, up-and-coming talents under 30, and legitimate main event talent under 35. Why, in the midst of development for performers such as The Shield, AJ Lee, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, and others, would they want to take Sting out of Dixie Carter's mausoleum and have to shoehorn him into their programming? It'd be stupid. It'd be like the Pittsburgh Pirates trying to trade for Alex Rodriguez. There's plenty of time to dredge Sting up. As I said in the non-spam, it would make more sense financially (but, looking at it this way, from a booking perspective as well) to just wait for a while, get him on a cheaper legends deal, and then induct him into the Hall of Fame and let that be that.

That's another thing about this that doesn't add up. I can see the TNA fanatics are already getting testy, so I'll be gentle about how I say this. WWE has promising under 25 talents, up-and-coming talents under 30, and legitimate main event talent under 35. Why, in the midst of development for performers such as The Shield, AJ Lee, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, and others, would they want to take Sting out of Dixie Carter's mausoleum and have to shoehorn him into their programming? It'd be stupid. It'd be like the Pittsburgh Pirates trying to trade for Alex Rodriguez. There's plenty of time to dredge Sting up. As I said in the non-spam, it would make more sense financially (but, looking at it this way, from a booking perspective as well) to just wait for a while, get him on a cheaper legends deal, and then induct him into the Hall of Fame and let that be that.

I don't know if this is worth the draw but I can say from a personal persepective that guys like Lesnar and Rock draw me in to watch WM or SS. Honestly, the Rock and Lesnar drip has kind of dried out. A Sting/UT match at WM would guarantee that I watch it live instead of waiting for it to get leaked on YouTube. I can't be alone.

And there isn't much time to dredge Sting up. Not if he is going to compete and not if he is going to compete against the UT. Is there money in the Hall of Fame ceremony that I am not aware of that can compete with PPV, videos, and merchandise.

I really don't follow your math.

Real Estate Steve becoming a part of the WWE roster would make me interested in the product again.

There's a lot you could do with him - Programs with Punk, Bryan, Jericho, Cena, Taker, HHH, and you could even lure HBK out of retirement with one more match.

Jumping from TNA to WWE seems to revitalize a lot of guys. Sting, even in his old age, on a 1-2 year deal would truly be going out on top if he finished out strong with the WWE.

I don't know if this is worth the draw but I can say from a personal persepective that guys like Lesnar and Rock draw me in to watch WM or SS. Honestly, the Rock and Lesnar drip has kind of dried out. A Sting/UT match at WM would guarantee that I watch it live instead of waiting for it to get leaked on YouTube. I can't be alone.

And there isn't much time to dredge Sting up. Not if he is going to compete and not if he is going to compete against the UT. Is there money in the Hall of Fame ceremony that I am not aware of that can compete with PPV, videos, and merchandise.

I really don't follow your math.

Well, with respect, I really don't follow your timeline, because WrestleMania is 8 months away. Plenty of time for that as well. Still no reason to dredge Sting up now. If the WrestleMania match is where the money is at, there's a single check that needs to be written, not a contract that would result in a summer of interesting angles and builds of young talent getting stalled or backburnered just for Sting's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back