• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE.COM Exclusive~Bring It Back!: ANY Classic WWE Title Thats NOT The Spinner

What Belt Do YOU Want?

• Completely New One

• Undisputed Championship Design

• Attitude Era Belt

• Winged Eagle Design

Results are only viewable after voting.

Madico_Fs

Australian Heavyweight Champion
The WWE Championship has a storied history as diverse as the iconic Superstars that have carried it into battle. Such an incredible symbol of excellence requires a look that will once again reflect the stand-out grapplers who have risen to the top of the WWE mountain.

WWE.com joins the call of the WWE Universe on Facebook and Twitter, pleading for the WWE to abandon the current “Spinner Title” design and return to the pride and tradition radiated by past WWE Titles.

The WWE Title carried to ring today was created specifically for John Cena, reflecting a time when The Cenation Commander-in-Chief was rapping his way through SmackDown. However, while Cena has long since traded in the giant chain around his neck for dog tags, the Spinner design is still “kicking it old school.” Shouldn’t it have long since gone the direction of other classic personalized titles like Edge’s Rated-R Superstar Spinner modification and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin’s “Smoking Skull” Championship?

03:45If a change is required, there is no shortage of prestigious replacements from which to pick. Looking back through the annals of WWE history, the Winged Eagle Title has to be at the forefront. First introduced for the epic rematch between Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant on The Main Event in '88, this awe-inspiring prize instantly rose to prominence, walking hand-in-hand with WWE elite from “Macho Man” Randy Savage to Bret “Hit Man” Hart to The Undertaker.

Still, the sheer popularly of the Winged gold does not make it the only brass ring in the sea. Another earth-shattering possibility would be its Attitude Era cousin, featuring a variation of the Eagle, along with a more circular structure similar to the traditional championship, a bigger globe and the larger “Champion” on the bottom.

Not only was the Attitude Era Title carried by greats including The Rock, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and a slew of other tremendous champions, but bringing back a symbol of WWE’s period of uncontrollable bedlam is truly befitting of the rebellious nature of the current titleholder CM Punk.

Some variation of the WWE Undisputed Championship design might make a comeback. Sporting a classy black and gold layout, this celebrated title made famous by legends like the late Eddie Guerrero screams elite and dignified all at the same time.

Other classic treasures, such as the 1986 Hulk Hogan WWE Title – which he carried into battle for the majority of his legendary first reign in the ’80s – also deserves consideration.

There is enormous glory embedded in past incarnations of WWE’s most coveted prize. So please, stop the collective head of the WWE Universe from spinning and bring back any WWE Title design other than the current title!

So this is an article on the main page of WWE.com.

What are your thoughts on this article?

Do you think WWE is going to have a new Championship Design for its company's World Title that it has had since 1963?

What Old Design would you want to see make a come back into todays WWE?

Personally I think this article is a prelouge to what we are going to get, I think that a new WWE championship will debut at/or before Wrestlemania 28 as it will be the belt famous for CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio and The Miz. Becuase I think back the the Winged Eagle Belt and think Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart, when I think back to the Attitude Era belt I have to think about Stone Cold, Mankind, The Rock and Triple H, With the Undisputed Championship belt design I automatically think...Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero and John "Bradshaw" Layfield. The Spinner WWE Championship ONLY really makes me think of 3 superstars...Cena/Edge/Orton.

So Yes I think there will be a new belt soon.

If I had to see a previous design return I would want the WWE Undisputed Title To make a return as I can remember how awesome it looked.

So what do you think IWC?

(Link to the article is here: http://www.wwe.com/inside/bring-back-classic-wwe-title)

I would want to make Undisputed Championship make a return. It is my favorite WWE Title design.Liked it from the start. It looked like a championship not some freaking toy like the Spinner Belt. My all time favs like HHH, JBL, The Rock , Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle held that championship so I would want the Undisputed Champiosnhip to come back.

Man, we've been hearing about a new title design for so long now...and it hasn't just been rumors, either. I remember reading SEVERAL times (from quasi-reliable sources) that the belt was going to change. The last somewhat credible time I heard about it, was when Miz was still the Champ earlier this year...turned out that he just flipped the "W" upside down. I hope the article on wwe.com has some credibility, because we're all pretty sick of the spinner design.

I'd like to see a brand new design, because just like it's already been stated -- the old designs make everyone think of those eras. This new belt (whatever the design) shouldn't make us think of a bygone period of the WWE, it should make us think of 2011-?? in the future. Bringing an old design back would be dumb, I really hope the WWE doesn't do that. Come up with a new design.

By the way, I don't understand all the love for the "Undisputed Title". Out of all the Heavyweight Championship belts, I thought it looked the worst (unless you count Jeff Hardy's belt). I still hold it in higher regard than the spinner belt, but the Undisputed Title gets the second-worst award in my book.

Either Undisputed since that only had a 3 year life span, or possibly the Attitude or even Winged Eagle. Those are the only ones you can honestly choose from if you want a classic belt.

Also wish WWE wouldn't use the picture of Buddy Rogers when he is wearing the NWA title.

If We had to chose I would LOVE to have the winged eagle title back
but I think since that theres a new era they sould be a new belt they need to get ride of that
"bling bling" piece of crap there are only 3 real choices the undisputed Winged Eagle or Completely new design I just hope wwe aren't pissing around with us
New era new belt and I hope its Punk who debuts it

They've got to bring the Winged Eagle title back. I remember reading somewhere that Punk lobbied for this one, himself, and since he would most likely be the one introducing a different design...

Not only do I think this is the best looking title they've ever had and it's the most classic of the bunch, but I think it has psychology on its side, too.

If you see the exact title that Hogan, Hart, and Austin won, then you'll be more prone to think that CM Punk belongs with them. Same goes for the other guys on the roster who need that validation. So, bring back the Winged Eagle belt, I say.

They've got to bring the Winged Eagle title back. I remember reading somewhere that Punk lobbied for this one, himself, and since he would most likely be the one introducing a different design...

Not only do I think this is the best looking title they've ever had and it's the most classic of the bunch, but I think it has psychology on its side, too.

If you see the exact title that Hogan, Hart, and Austin won, then you'll be more prone to think that CM Punk belongs with them. Same goes for the other guys on the roster who need that validation. So, bring back the Winged Eagle belt, I say.

this is what cm punk said

Honestly, I think old Dwayne used to have a cute little blue cow on his title or something. Then, of course, Stone Cold had the Smoking Skull Title. I don't know. I think I could Straight Edge the hell out of that thing. A couple of "X"s might make it look good. Make it look like a title should look like, and not make it look like some sort of weird, rapper bling. I feel the definitive look, though, is what I like to call "Bret Hart's Title." I think everyone likes to call it the "Winged Eagle Title." That's a little redundant. I'm pretty sure most eagles have wings. That's the one that always sticks out in my mind".

I would like them to go back to the Attitude Era Belt, that belt makes me think of Stone Cold, The Rock, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Triple H, thats when wrestling was cool and everybody talked about it. I would really like wrestling to go back to being cool where everybody was wearing the shirts and on tuesday were talking about what happened on monday night.

Id love to see the winged eagle belt back. Maybe an undated version of it. It as my favorite belt. This article pretty much proves that they will probably change it. My guess would be the raw after Royal Rumble.

i really think they need to create a new belt. We cant keep living in the past trying to recapture the glory days. We need to make our own glory days ya know? Every belt represented a specific era. We are in a new era thats not as commercial as the WWE has been in the past 6yrs and is starting to take a more athletic and realistic turn. We need a new belt that represents this era

tuff decision.. if i had to choose a Classic version.. outta Winged Eagle (88-98), Attitude Eagle (98-undisputed belt) Undisputed Championship... i instantly choose the winged eagle.. maybe even a simple re-tooling of that belt.. think like a Re-Mix similiar to the way the main belt has added design that cody carries now compared to the original classic ic...

maybe make it BIGGER.. and more of a 3-D design and more white gold & diamonds... this or just a completely new belt design all together...
but my pick would be that beautiful belt w/ a slight remix!

I'd say create a new belt but they have have dropped the ball completely every time they debut a new belt. If it's going to resemble anything like the Divas, WWECW, or The New Tag Team Titles then please don't make any new designs. So with my lack of faith I'd say bring back The Undisputed Championship belt. Wouldn't mind a retooling of the World Heavyweight title too while were at it. That belt has been around a while and I wouldn't mind a little update on that as well.

Hey, where's the option for those who don't give a shit about insignificant things like these? I have no issue with the current belt. It's modern, looks prestigious, and it sales like gang busters. Besides, don't know if you've noticed but the WWE doesn't have the best track record when it comes to designing new belts. Odds are it would look worse than the current one.

I think they should design a whole new belt. Remove the name plate from it as well.

The Championship Belt should have a very distinguished and classic look to it. Like something that has withstood the test of time. Let the lower belts be these funky designs.

I do, however, like the way the US Title looks a great deal.

I'm a believer in there being a new title.

I like the look of the US Title, the "Classic IC" Title and the World Championship. Those look like championships.

As much as I liked the Eagle belt, and the Attitude Era belt, its time for something new. A slight spin on the undisputed title would be pretty cool. But the WWE Title needs to look better than pretty much any of the other belts, including the World Heavyweight Title.

It's pretty much assumed that the WWE Title is the top title in the WWE. Everyone is on RAW, while Smackdown! still has a brand split. Gotta make that title proper.

Oh and slightly off topic... But I like the overall idea for the Spartans on the tag titles... But that design as a whole is horrendous. Ditch that, too. Either go back to the original tag titles, or do a redesign to something similar.

New title, or if they are going to bring back an older title, I have to go with the Attitude era title, the one that is a bigger version of the winged eagle design. I absolutely love the design of that belt. It's classy looking and large enough to look like the top championship belt. I love the classic winged eagle belt, but it looks small by today's standards. The WWE Championship belt should be large, like the World title.

WWE_Championship_(Attitude_Era).jpg

I think the attitude era belt should come back it has the look of a classy championship. the undisputed championship dose also they have a great history also

Id have to vote for a new belt. I think the attitude winged belt looks too old fashioned now, and should stay as a past glory. The undisputed title IMO isnt a good looking belt, it looks like a USA/TAG team champs belt, not a prestigious title. Personally I love the WCW title, which is now the WHT, but I cant see them taking that.

I wouldn't care if they got a new one, kept the old one, or come out with a plastic head that had the word "Champion" written on it. I doubt anyone stopped watching the WWE because of the spinner belt that hasn't spun in years or that anyone would start watching because of a new belt. Unless the new belt gives the holder magical powers to make Vickie Guerrero come to my house, I'm not interested in the slightest.

Well, I actually voted for a new belt design but I would also want to see the winged eagle belt. I just want to bring back the prestige to WWE's title belts as it has lost its glory over the years. Since CM Punk is a big fan of the old school, I think bringing back the winged eagle Title should make sense. I also would like to see them bring back the old Tag Team Title design, as well as the Old US Title.

i voted Undisputed Championship just for the simple reason it was cool and looked like a nice Championship belt. but we all know we wont see a old belt coming back we will see a new one i just hope when they do bring in a new one i hope it doesnt turn out crappy like the tag titles did

I picked Attiude Era belt for 1 reason, and 1 reason only.

Look at the ECW world champion, now look at the Diva's championship... now look at the Tag Team championships of the world.... Now look into my eyes, and tell me you trust WWE to create a brand new World Championship we can be proud of.

Whatever they create , it's going to look worse than the Diva's Championship and Spinner belt cause they need to sell to the children.

I would want the Undisputed version of the title, in my opinion that was when the WWE Championship looked its best. It's definitely time for the spinner to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back