• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Breaking Point 2010?

The Raven's Epitaph

Getting Noticed By Management
Just a generally quick post. Does anybody know what happened to Breaking Point? I know WWE recently introduced 3 new pay per views and changed the year's calendar around abit but apparently there isn't going to be a Breaking Point 2010.

It's quite a shame too. I thought Breaking Point was one of the most innovative and creative PPV's WWE have come up with as of late. I thought it was excellent.

Your thoughts/news?

I guess they didn't think it did to well. Apparently the buy rate was terrible, so they scrapped it. I happened to watch the pay-per-view and I can admit that I was not impressed at all by it. So I guess even the WWE were not impressed by it, and as a result discontinued it after only having it one time. Oh well, NOC seems to be a better Fall PPV anyways.

EDIT: The fact that it drew only 200,000 buys making it the least successful pay-per-view of 2009 is why the WWE decided to cancel another potential Breaking Point. Thank god.

SpoodBeest™;2156495 said:
I guess they didn't think it did to well. Apparently the buy rate was terrible, so they scrapped it. I happened to watch the pay-per-view and I can admit was not impressed at all by it. So I guess even the WWE were not impressed by it, and as a result discontinued it after only having one time. Oh well, NOC seems to be a better Fall PPV anyways.

EDIT: The fact that it drew only 200,000 buys making it the least successful pay-per-view of 2009 is why the WWE decided to cancel another potential Breaking Point. Thank god.

I suppose your opinion makes more sense than mine. I wish they would have kept some of the better pay per view's such as Backlash, Judgment Day and Vengeance though. I loved those ones.

Does anybody know what happened to Breaking Point? I know WWE recently introduced 3 new pay per views and changed the year's calendar around abit but apparently there isn't going to be a Breaking Point 2010.

What happened to Breaking Point? WWE discontinued it because it had worse buyrates than any other show in 2009, most likely due to the fact that it sucked.

It's quite a shame too. I thought Breaking Point was one of the most innovative and creative PPV's WWE have come up with as of late. I thought it was excellent.

Close, but not quite. It COULD have been one of the most innovative and creative PPV's that WWE had come up with. First of all, they advertise it as an "all submissions show". What do we get in the end? A tag team match between JeriShow and a team no one cared about, a US title match, a Sinagpore Cane match, an ECW title match, an "I quit" match, and a grand total of TWO submissions matches on what was SUPPOSED to be an "all submissions show". Plus, they didn't even showcase talent who specialize in submission moves. Why not give the Hart Dynasty a tag team title shot in a submissions match? Nope, we got DX VS The Legacy instead.... and don't even get me started on that AWFUL attempt at recreating the Montreal Screwjob involving Punk and Taker.

I'm not saying it couldn't have been good. The original idea was good. The way they went about it in the end was what truly sucked. Breaking Point is dead due to the fact that it was terrible, and that's the bottom line because Dagger Dias said so.

It wasnt over with the fans and simply becuase it was a horrible concept. Althought it did draw more buyrates the the previous years unforgiven, it was just a horrible PPV.

I personally thought the concept was cool...until I actually watched the damn show.There were only 2 submission matches on the "Submissions Only" PPV for one.The same way Cyber Sunday got rebooted as RAW's "Viewer's Choice", I'd rather they have a Breaking Point 3hr TV special on SD! than to make us pay $40 for it.

A lot of people seemed to think the PPV sucked and the poor buyrate would also suggest that, but I really enjoyed this event and I would have liked it to stick around a while longer. One of the highlights of 2009 for me was the DX/Legacy feud and obviously they met at Breaking Point in a 'submissions count anywhere match' which I thought was great.

Cena and Orton in the 'I Quit' match was well done, with Cena being tied to the post and literally tortured by Orton. The event also brought us a fantastic grapple between Christian and William Regal which more than made up for their two minute Summerslam debacle. CM Punk v 'Taker was short and it was quite obvious that 'Taker was suffering from his hip surgery which made this match not overly spectacular and also featured another 'Screwjob' incident which wasn't needed at all.

Perhaps the only true dud was Kane and Khali in a Singapore Cane Match, but then when you put Khali on the card, what do you expect? Overall though, I thought Breaking Point was a good concept and I largely enjoyed the only event in its history...

It wasn't as successful as they thought it would be compared to the other new ppv's...Hell in a cell, Bragging Rights, TLC..thats why, i mean the others got good reviews aswell..Breaking point was kinda a failure and the reviews and buy rate was just not good enought for it to continue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back