WWE Battleground: Tag Team Championship 2 Out Of 3 Falls - Usos (c) VS Harper & Rowan

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This looks to be the blow off to this particular feud after a string of excellent, show stealing matches between these two teams. The Usos are defending against Luke Harper & Erick Rowan in a 2 out of 3 falls match at the Battleground ppv.

A little while back, sometime in May I believe, there were reports that The Ascension would be brought up to the main roster soon and that they'd be the ones to take the titles from The Usos. I haven't read anything else like that since, so maybe it was complete crap, maybe it's true but the timeline has been pushed back, maybe it was the plan at one point but has been scrapped, etc.. I've enjoyed The Usos FAR more than I expected that I would as champions and I have a feeling I'm not the only one. They've definitely gotten over in the 4 months they've been champs and they've also stepped their game up inside the ring. Harper & Rowan are certainly the best big man team that's come along in a very, very long time. Harper himself has been a big surprise and has established himself as one of the best big men I've seen in a while. Rowan is more limited in the ring and as a character, but he still does a good job even with those limits.

I'm torn in that I'd like to see The Usos retain but I'd also like to see Harper & Rowan win the titles. I'm also not really sure which way the match will go as I think there's a strong chance of either team pulling it off. The only problem with a 2 out of 3 falls match is that, due to time issues, this match will probably be short. There are only 4 other matches announced so far, though I have a feeling there'll be a few others added by the time it's all said & done. As a result, this probably won't be a 30-45 minute epic like some of the 2 out of 3 falls matches of the past. Still, it should be a high energy, fast paced match.

This is where the "Family" win their gold... it seems a bit odd to go to the trouble of giving them the seperate music etc if they then don't go on...

I think the Ascension plan may have been curbed once the Stardust/Goldust combo got over so quickly and they will be the next ones to take on the Family.

They "fit" well with Jericho for a start, so they can be part of any 6 man matches as part of that feud and it will give Cody/Stardust some time to really shine and perhaps benefit from working on the mic with Jericho and Wyatt. Rowan and Harper get to work with Jericho and Dustin, two great veterans who are known for helping "bring along" young talent. It seems natural.

It's a little harsh on the Uso's perhaps, but no more so than Cody and Dustin's depush was... the Brotherhood stepped down for them, so now it's time to return the favour for the Wyatts...

The only problem with a 2 out of 3 falls match is that, due to time issues, this match will probably be short. There are only 4 other matches announced so far, though I have a feeling there'll be a few others added by the time it's all said & done. As a result, this probably won't be a 30-45 minute epic like some of the 2 out of 3 falls matches of the past. Still, it should be a high energy, fast paced match.

I don't know, at the last PPV it went on for quite a while despite there were 6 or 7 other matches on the card. Definitely went longer than I expected. I'd say it will at least go a solid 20-25 minutes, although despite the fact that it will be a great match, if they go much longer than that I'd say that someone, most likely one of the Uso's, will get injured, perhaps seriously, because of all the high-flying maneuvers they have in their arsenal. Honestly, it's surprising they haven't been injured very often (if at all). However, they longer the match goes, the more they will utilize those high-flying moves, leading to a greater chance of either injuring themselves or one of (if not both) of the Wyatts. It was bad enough when Barrett and Ziggler got injured when they did, just when they were set to break out. Their popularity was rising (or at its highest) and it looked like their future was very bright. Now look where they are, although the jury is still out on Barrett. Now, perhaps it's not quite the same with the Uso's or Rowan and Harper, but their popularity as teams in a division that has been struggling for years has been something that's sorely needed. Take one or both of those teams out for a while, what do you think would happen? No, seriously, I want to know what could happen if either of those teams get injured and have to take more than a few months off.

I love that this one is 2 out of 3 falls. We don't get them too much anymore, and it is a match I miss. That being said I think Harper and Rowan finally get the titles here. This has been a great feud, and I like the Uso's. I have liked their run a lot, but I think it is coming to an end here.

Should be a good match. I do love a good 2 out of 3 falls match.

Wyatt's need the win. I mean Bary beating Jericho isn't going to do anything for that trio. Maybe winning the tag titles will.

It should be a great match. Not match of the night since Y2J/Wyatt is taking place at Battleground.

I'm hoping they go ahead and give Harper/Rowan the titles, they deserve it. They've been putting on good matches since last year. Tag division is stale. Usos don't really have no one left to face

20140714_Battleground_UsosWyatts_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

This one I'm not too excited about. It could be really good, as their encounter on the last PPV ended up surprising me. This HAS to be when The Usos finally lose. The Wyatts should have won the belts a very long time ago and it would make Bray look all the more intimidating if he had the Tag Team Champions as his underlings. Not to mention the fact that The Wyatts are superior to The Usos in, well, everything. 2 out of 3 fall matches pretty much have to go the route of the champion(s) getting a point, then the challenger(s) getting a point, and then a tie-breaker. We will not see a 2-0 victory, it would defeat the purpose of advertising a 2 out of 3 fall match in the first place. Usos get the first point, then the Wyatts get the next one as well as the tie-breaker is what I predict. This will probably open the show too. Wyatts win the Tag Team Championships to open the show, then they will probably feud with Goldust and Stardust next.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Harper and Rowan will win the Tag Team Championship.

Rowan and Harper for the win, because The Wyatt Family needs it more than The Usos. The Usos are having a good run, but we're reaching the "they've done all they can do as champions" point now.

Bray's last significant (and questionable) win happened at Extreme Rules, and you have to expect one loss in Bray's feud with Jericho. At some point, The Wyatt Family needs something to brag about, or they'll fade away into obscurity with Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins, Rusev, Cesaro, and others on the rise.

It will probably be a good match - not the best match of the night but it will be a good one.
I expect Harper and Rowan to finally win the title in a result of 2-1 in a 15-20 minute tag team war between the two tag teams as the final chapter to their feud and to the first {and hopefully not last} tag title reign for The Usos.

Has a chance to be damn good. All four are pretty fantastic albeit underrated workers, and this is a night that the Family should come out of looking dominant. Truly important to carry over the momentum from the feud with Cena

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back