WWE Battleground: Santino Marella & The Great Khali VS The Real Americans

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE.com announced the addition of this tag team match to the card for Battleground. Generally speaking, the flukish ways Santino has defeated Antonio Cesaro in their singles matches since his return is the backstory for this tag team bout. Not really much of a backstory but hey, it's a filler tag team match so that's all there is.

With the rumor that The Real Americans are to begin feuding with Los Matadores in the near future, they should go over tonight in this match. There's certainly not going to be anything classic to this match though there is one thing that makes me at least a little interested in this match: to see if Antonio Cesaro can pull off the Cesaro Swing on Khali. Khali is billed at 347 pounds, which I'm thinking probably is in the neighborhood of his legit weight. Brodus Clay is billed in the 350-365 pound range, if I'm not mistaken, so it's possible if Khali's height doesn't get in the way. I think if Cesaro gripped Khali further upward and locked his hands above his knees, he might get the necessary leverage.

The sole purpose of this match will be for Cesaro to swing Khali. I'd expect that after it happens and they get the massive pop tonight that we'll either see a rematch on Raw tomorrow or a Cesaro vs Khali singles match this week. I'd love to see him stack Santino on Khali with Horswoggle on top and swing that.

20131004_Light_battleground_SantinoKhali_Americans_R_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Ok.... So this makes it onto the main card but Dolph VS Sandow doesn't? It's announced just a few hours before the show, and WWE expects me to care about it? That is as lazy as it gets and I am dissappointed in WWE. If this PPV ends up being the bottom show of 2013 in terms of quality and money making, we will know why. They have done such a terrible job in generating interest, and announcing matches on the day of the show like this isn't going to help. Granted they do stuff like this on other shows, but it's something they really need to stop doing. There is no reason for me to care about this match. Zero. I had initially thought Axel VS Truth would be the match that I go to the fridge for a snack during or go walk the dogs. Now this probably will be it.

The Real Americans can and should win this match. What do Santino and Khali gain by winning this? Absolutely nothing. NOT A SINGLE THING. The Real Americans need momentum moving into their next angle, so I fully expect them to get the win and for this feud to not last beyond this match. I do not have very high expectations for the match itself. Both of The Real Americans are gifted in the ring, but against a team like Santino and Khali, it makes me much less interested in the match. It likely goes on earlier in the evening, 2nd or 3rd probably? The Real Americans win and move on to a more relevant storyline while Khali goes on to some filler feud and Santino goes back to jobbing.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
The Real Americans will defeat Santino & Khali.

it is really lazy writing. the real amricans have a lot of untapped potenchel. how will this match with 0 buulid help at all. if i gonna pay to wtch a ppv there has to b a reason i spend my hard erned money. i will not b rentng this ppv. very dissopointd in wwe. this is bs booking and some one needs fired. not just for this match but whole ppv. if wwe cant buld up ppv matches then they have to many ppvs. i hope yall dont rent it eather. lets send wwe a message with our wallets

Well this is just plain stupid, I see absolutely no reason or interest in this match. The Real Americans should beat the crap out of Santino and Khali but the way the booking has been with Santino in the last few weeks, it wouldn't be suprising at all that he could defeat Swagger and Cesaro.

Fucking dumb match and is going to be probably very boring as far a PPV quality is concerned...

It'll be nice for The Real Americans to compete in a match where people might care for once. They should send their thanks to Santino on that one.

It should be decent enough. I was only thinking the other day that it's about time for a renewed Khali push. Get one moster heel run out of him before he crumbles into ash.

The Real Americans can and should win this match. What do Santino and Khali gain by winning this? Absolutely nothing. NOT A SINGLE THING. The Real Americans need momentum moving into their next angle, so I fully expect them to get the win and for this feud to not last beyond this match. I do not have very high expectations for the match itself. Both of The Real Americans are gifted in the ring, but against a team like Santino and Khali, it makes me much less interested in the match. It likely goes on earlier in the evening, 2nd or 3rd probably? The Real Americans win and move on to a more relevant storyline while Khali goes on to some filler feud and Santino goes back to jobbing.

This is all about Cesaro doing the Big Swing to Khali and I have no issue with that as it should be fun. I imagine the Real Americans will win as they need a win before they get fed to Los Matadores.

Lol, the writing is on the wall for Cesaro tho big swing Khali.....

I think Santino and Khali win after the Cobra is "charmed" by Khali.

I also believe this us the beginning of the Cesaro face turn.

Ziggs vs Sandow might get a few people to buy the show by tearing down the house. RA vs Khaltino won't do it. Like I said earlier, this match is purely there to have Cesaro give Punjab the big swing, and get a pop from the crowd. If people get that on the pre-show, they won't pay for the show. Give away a great match and stick something obvious that people expect to see on PPV.

This has Botchamania written all over it. Why this match is scheduled to be on the Battleground and Sandow/Ziggler isn't is way fucking beyond me.

The Real Americans have to win. I can't allow myself to think Santino will upset Cesaro one more time. If Cesaro goes for one of his signature moves on Khali, I hope he executes it beautifully because that is a huge botch waiting to happen.

Ride Predicts: The Real Americans will secure the win, and go on to face another comedy act.

I'm all for WWE adding a match but Khali really? really? This guy is an attraction at best. Because Santino is a comedy act I feel the only reason this is on the card is because of Ceasaro's bong swing that has gotten a babyface pop recently. I'm a ceasaro guy but keeping this match on the main card and Sandow/Ziggler on the pre show is a joke. Much rather see Mr. MITB than Khali.

I am actually really excited for this match. 4 star match written all over it. Between khali's power house style santinos in ring story telling and the technical ability of the real americans this will be an instant classic remembered for years to come with classic tag matches like the hart foundation vs the rockers ect.

Oh dear. Khali, Santino and R-Truth all on one PPV. That is just embarrassing. Even Dixie Carter is probably laughing at this shit.

Anyway, this will be a shortish match and if Cesaro can successful do the swing move on Khali than I will change my mind about the match - that could be quite cool. The Real Americans will probably fall further into the abyss by losing to the cobra.

Oh dear. Khali, Santino and R-Truth all on one PPV. That is just embarrassing. Even Dixie Carter is probably laughing at this shit.

Anyway, this will be a shortish match and if Cesaro can successful do the swing move on Khali than I will change my mind about the match - that could be quite cool. The Real Americans will probably fall further into the abyss by losing to the cobra.

He pulled it off, and was pretty cool to see. This guy is strong. They probably set this match up just to do that move. I thought Santino and Kahli would pick up the win though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back