WWE Battleground: Charlotte & Dana Brooke VS Sasha Banks & ???

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
So at Smackdown, it was announced that Women Championship won't be defended at Battleground. Rather Charlotte and Dana Brooke would team up to face Sasha Banks and a partner of her choice at Battleground.

Another filler match just to avoid Sasha Vs. Charlotte singles encounter. Looks like they will face each other at Summerslam.

As for the unknown partner of Sasha, I think that it could be Paige. Becky and Natalya are already busy in their feud.

It could be a call-up from NxT in form of Carmella maybe. Or a return too. Don't know about when Nikki Bella would return?

The 3 main people i think it would be is (in no order)

1. Bailey (making her main roster debut)
2. Nikki Bella (Making her comeback)
3. A returning legend (someone like trish or lita)

the reason i think these 3 options is because they said she has to make her announcement at battle ground and if it was anyone else they would have just said right there and then

i really hope it is not paige because i am not going to lie i can not stand her as for becky or natalya that wouldnt make much sense since they are in a feud together right now so those 3 options i said above seem the most logical

The 3 main people i think it would be is (in no order)

1. Bailey (making her main roster debut)
2. Nikki Bella (Making her comeback)
3. A returning legend (someone like trish or lita)

the reason i think these 3 options is because they said she has to make her announcement at battle ground and if it was anyone else they would have just said right there and then

i really hope it is not paige because i am not going to lie i can not stand her as for becky or natalya that wouldnt make much sense since they are in a feud together right now so those 3 options i said above seem the most logical
I don't think that Bayley would be called up before Summerslam. She is going to face Nia Jax next week and I think that she would win and thus be the next challengger for Asuka. You might remember that Bayley hasn't had a title rematch since she lost it to Asuka. Therefore she might face Asuka for the title at TakeOver: Brooklyn.

I accept that there are significant chances of Nikki's return as I said in the OP.

I really doubt if any legend like Trish or Lita is gonna return.

I am almost sure that it is going to be Paige. Logic also says that Paige defeated Charlotte after Money In The Bank PPV and therefore she would support Sasha against Charlotte.

I think it'll be Nikki Bella and, if it is, I honestly couldn't care less. I'm all for holding off on having Charlotte vs. Sasha for SummerSlam and this match is perfectly acceptable. The potential problem, however, is that Nikki Bella has never really been a fan favorite that's been embraced by a significant portion of WWE's audience. Nikki Bella is a reminder to many people of how useless women's wrestling has been in WWE for almost its entire existence and they also know that one of the biggest reasons she's been such a top name among the women is because of her relationship with John Cena. As a result, I don't think there'll be this big ovation or anything, though it wouldn't surprise me in the least if that turned out to be Vince's mind set because we all know there are times in which the man seems so out of touch with modern fans that it's almost pitiful.

Considering that all these women are from NXT, I think that it'd be fitting for Sasha's partner to be from NXT. I think Carmella is the only possibility if that turns out to be the case. Bayley almost certainly won't make her main roster debut until SummerSlam or the post SummerSlam Raw in which she shows up during some sort of celebration or promo in which Sasha is the new champ. Bayley has a rematch against Asuka and it seems all but guaranteed that it'll happen at the TakeOver event in Brooklyn the night before SummerSlam. Carmella's gone as far as she's probably gonna go in NXT for the foreseeable future, so putting her on the main roster and pairing her with Enzo & Big Cass just seems the more useful route.

Probably Paige. She got wins over Charlotte recently and they got history. I think they'll save Nikki's return after the draft.

Paige would be underwhelming but the most logical. She has already assisted Sasha in this rivalry anyways.

Personally I'm hoping for Bayley, but it seems like they're holding off on her debut for some reason.

Personally I'm hoping for Bayley, but it seems like they're holding off on her debut for some reason.
I don't think that Bayley could debut before Summerslam. This week, Bayley is going to face Nia Jax and I think that She would win this match and therefore we would Asuka Vs. Bayley II for the NxT Women Championship.

I believe that it could be Carmella or Paige. It could have been Nia Jax but sh
e is a heel therefore it isn't the right choice. Nikki might return as a face just for a change which is required.

I really hope it's Bayley. She's long overdue for the main roster. She has been in NXT for 3 and a half years! I think she is more than ready for the main roster. I just hope her gimmick is as over with the masses as it was with the NXT smarks. Speaking of those smarks. I like the "heeeey we want some Baaaayley" chants, but hate the other stupid song they sing to her.

I guess it could also be Carmella or Alexa Bliss, but seeing as though the three confirmed competitors are from Raw, it makes sense that they'd debut the newest women's division signee for the flagship show.

The thing is, everyone's expecting and hoping for Bayley, and while it could still possibly happen (although I doubt it, as it seems as though she's chasing the NXT Women's Championship one last time), and while it'd be cool, Jax really doesn't deserve to take crap from the audience based on a decision that isn't hers.

Plus, she's improved immensely during her time in NXT, and would definitely come across as a formidable threat on Raw.

Seriously, don't have a cry about WWE if Bayley's debut doesn't happen - nobody nowhere said Bayley is definitely debuting soon, so expecting it to happen and then being disappointed just doesn't make sense. All in good time.

I don't think that the mystery partner could be either Nia Jax or Alexa Bliss. Both are much effective as heels and should remain heels at least for now. And no heel would support Sasha against Charlotte and Dana Brooke.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be Paige. But I surely would be surprised and happy too if it's Carmella.

Bayley isn't coming to main roster until after Summerslam which is good too.

I can't see there being any chance of Nia Jax being Banks' mystery partner. And when she debuts she will be booed by a section of the audience that watch NXT...

BECAUSE SHE'S A HEEL.

Seriously though, unless they're going to suddenly turn her face and ignore the fact she's been built as a monster heel on NXT, she won't be affiliated with Sasha Banks unless she's going to end up joining Charlotte and Dana Brooke, or starting her own feud with Banks. Besides no one really believes Bayley is the mystery partner, it's all fantasy booking.

Yeah it's just the idea that she gets booed because she's not Bayley, as opposed to being a heel, that would piss me off haha.

I suppose Banks could team up with Jax in order for Charlotte and Dana to get the absolute crap beaten out of them - only for Jax to just throw out the match and destroy everyone in the ring, including Sasha, to put the women's division on notice and cement herself as a dominant heel. That'd be pretty cool to watch - obviously, the point of this tag team match is to feature whoever is the mystery partner. A normal tag team match with a normal ending with Paige would be pretty pointless.

Out of the 15,000 or so people who will be at the Verizon Center on Sunday, how many do you think will read your plea to them to not boo Nia Jax?

Probably 0 people, anyway on topic.

Nia Jax is a heel. That's the way she's been built in NXT for the longest time, so why shouldn't people boo her, that's what they do with heels. I'd actually be surprised if she gets a lot of reaction at all, the casual fans won't even know who she is. Has she ever appeared on a main roster show at all? I don't remember her doing so. It's likely when she comes out, if she does at all, there will be a lot of confused fans asking who she is.

The only reason I would even be remotely upset is if they boo'd her just because she's related to Roman Reigns, that in itself would be unfair. We saw it happen to the Uso's and they were the major face tag team, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it happen to her. I really hope they keep them apart and not mention the fact that they are related and let her get a good start. But I do expect her to get boo'd just because she's a heel and there is nothing you can do about that, it's natural.

She'll get booed originally because she's not Bailey. Then she'll get booed because she's big and relatively green in the ring. Modern day wrestling fans don't like big people that can't jump over the top rope. Then when they realize she's related to Reigns and the Rock, she'll get booed harder.

She's up against it.

She'll get booed originally because she's not Bailey. Then she'll get booed because she's big and relatively green in the ring. Modern day wrestling fans don't like big people that can't jump over the top rope. Then when they realize she's related to Reigns and the Rock, she'll get booed harder.

She's up against it.

This is true. Nia Jax is very green, she hasn't even been wrestling for a year and she's on the main roster, so that itself will get her a fair share of boos. Another problem is that Nia doesn't have much personality; she usually has this relatively emotionless, sometimes distant expression that frankly puts me in mind of Roman Reigns at times. They'll also boo her because she's going to essentially be the Big Show of the women's division: her matches will be at a slow pace, much of her offense will simply be using her size to push everyone else around, she herself isn't very athletic, she's not going to be performing any moonsaults or suicide dives nor is she as appealing to look at in the minds of most fans than the smaller, slimmer women on the roster.

If Sasha's partner turns out to be Bayley, I'll be surprised because I simply do not see Bayley heading to the main roster until she has her return match with Asuka for the NXT Women's Championship, which I'm guessing will be at the TakeOver special scheduled for SummerSlam weekend.

Personally, I don't think that Nia Jax will be Sasha Banks' mystery partner this Sunday. She is definitely too green and just got called up to the main roster this week. And she is a heel, so it would not be logical to pair her up with Sasha at this time. I also don't think it will be Bayley, as she is currently in a programme with Asuka on NXT and I don't see her moving up until that has been completed.

My guess as to the identity of the mystery partner is Brie Bella. Her husband just returned to the company, albeit on the other brand, so I can see Brie Bella returning to WWE television, at least for a little while. I think Sasha and Brie will lose, but this match at Battleground is pretty much irrelevant anyway. The end result will be Charlotte versus Sasha Banks, one on one, at Summerslam. Brie likely ends up on Smackdown, and who really cares what happens with Dana.

Brie Bella may get booed simply because she isn't Bayley, but it isn't Bayley's time yet, so that is unavoidable.

C'mon guys, we all know Eva Marie will be the mystery partner. She brings the fire.

Regardless of who the partner is, I don't look for Sasha to be on the winning side. Charlotte's team will win and add more fuel to the fire for the eventual Sasha vs. Charlotte showdown at SummerSlam, where hopefully Sasha takes the title.

It's Bayley or bust.

At the end of the day that's what is going on at the PPV. The people want Bayley. People wanted her after Mania and they didn't do it. They wanted her at the draft and they didn't do it. I don't think she'll be the mystery partner which means it's the third time this year that people were like "this would be a good spot for Bayley to join the main roster" and were not given Bayley. I like Bayley. I want to see Bayley on the main show.

Nia Jax is really bad. It's not fun to watch her and she's nowhere near as good as Bayley. She'll be booed because she's not Bayley and she's not that good. The problem is that Sasha Banks is supposed to be the face. The hell are you doing having her partner get booed? It'll look stupid if her partner is booed when they're supposed to be the heroes. If it is Nia Jax she has to turn on Sasha or something because the crowd isn't going to be pleased seeing Banks standing tall alongside Nia Jax.

Would get a kick out of it being a Bella and having them booed. Nothing better than the announcers playing up a hero character only for them to get wrecked by the live audience.

Let's take a look at the lyrics of her theme:

I'm not like most girls
Who only take just what they're given
Like a plastic little princess
Lucky for me
I'm not like those girls
Who only take it all for granted
All they got is what they're handed
Lucky for me
I'm not like most girls

I'm not like most girls
My path to victory's infinite
Run the game and never quitting it
Lucky for me
I'm not like those girls
Toss out the book, burn the pages
My destiny's a force of greatness
Lucky for me

Just saying, Nia might develop some Stone Cold appeal if she can rock this bad girl image. Obviously fans are a tad squeamish about seeing their favorite female athletes getting flattened, but I think that Nia is on the verge of a gimmick that appeals to those who've been victims of body shaming and social ostracization.

Well, don't "just say" that because its ludicrous. Why are you using arguably the most over male wrestler in history as any kind of comparison or reference point to a woman wrestler?

I'll use interpretive dance next time then.

I use Stone Cold as an example because he wanted to be the most hated performer, and instead became the most loved performer. I'm not implying that Nia is about to draw the kinds of ratings that he did.

*pats you on the head*

It is possible for a woman and a man to relate on their characteristics.

I think it's either Bayley or someone making a return to the company. Whoever it is, either needs to be SUPER over with the crowd or be someone Charlotte does not want to see in the ring.

Paige doesn't do that. Nikki Bella doesn't either. Carmella? No. If it's not Bayley, it has to be either Trish or Lita. Anyone else will get booed out of the building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back