WWE Battleground 2015: Brock Lesnar VS Seth Rollins (c) [WWE Championship]

Who goes over???

• Brock Lesnar

• Seth Rollins

• DQ,Countout,No Contest,Screwy finish,etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I picked screwy type finish, MITB didn't have one after every PPV in the last five months had at least some kind of non-clean finish. HHH screws over Rollins who loses the title to Brock who eventually loses the title to Reigns at Summerslam. With a possible Sheamus cash in during one of these shows. I don't know, Paul Haymen hasn't made waves in awhile....perhaps he screw jobs Brock at Battleground.

I think Brock is winning.. obviously with Brock's limited dates they are only going to pay him for important events, which is probably regaining the title for a big SummerSlam rematch with Reigns.. trust me they ain't paying Brock to fail (whether it be by DQ or count-out or screwy finish) in regaining the championship.

Another option that I can see is Sheamus cashing in the middle of the match, Brock F5's Sheamus, Seth takes out Brock and pins Sheamus.. this sets up Brock vs Sheamus at SummerSlam and Seth can feud with HHH.

Brock winning 70% chance
Seth retaining 30% chance

I think Brock is winning.. obviously with Brock's limited dates they are only going to pay him for important events, which is probably regaining the title for a big SummerSlam rematch with Reigns.. trust me they ain't paying Brock to fail (whether it be by DQ or count-out or screwy finish) in regaining the championship.

Another option that I can see is Sheamus cashing in the middle of the match, Brock F5's Sheamus, Seth takes out Brock and pins Sheamus.. this sets up Brock vs Sheamus at SummerSlam and Seth can feud with HHH.

Brock winning 70% chance
Seth retaining 30% chance

Paying people to "fail" is a pretty common norm in pro wrestling, actually. I'm sure Lesnar got paid a bonus for selling that beat down he received Monday, and I'm sure he'll receive an even larger one when when he finally does lose clean. If not at Battleground, then in the future.

As for Rollins/Lesnar, I'm smelling screwy finish. I'd predict Rollins gets the pin, but not before everyone in the Authority and their mothers comes out to repeatedly attack Lesnar. No way is this going to be a clean fight.

I'm actually interested to see how Heyman tries to spin all this. Does he try to humanize the Beast, or will he take the predictable "the whole roster could interfere on Seth's behalf and that still won't stop Brock Lesnar" approach.

Leaning towards more of a Lesnar victory here. Yeah he will vanish with the title again but I would find even that to be more entertaining than Rollins as champion. He just hasn't been interesting with this escaping with the title nonsense and the Authority being apart of his run. The fact that nothing Seth did between Wrestlemania and Brock returning mattered made it even more atrocious to sit through.

Yeah Brock wins and probably gets the rematch at Summerslam against Rollins. I hate that god damn rematch clause.

This is a tough one but I'd say Brock should go over. He is the hottest thing they got right now and Rollins reign ain't drawing.

I'll go Lesnar goes over, with a rollins face turn of sorts. The authority should lead him to lose the title (or just beat him down after a loss to Brock).

not sure how it would play out at summerslam though.

Anyone think Ambrose (who has no one to work with) is going to get involved leading eventually to a return of the Shield at Summer slam who then take out Lesnar until he returns for Survivor Series?

I think Seth will keep the belt. Personally I think he should keep the belt till Mania. Cheating and sliding his way out of matches and finishes and then finally getting his comeuppance at Mania where he has no where to hide. The slow burn is the best way to go here. Whether its ultimately putting over Ambrose, Reigns or Lesner, leaving the belt on a cowardly cheat for a while is the best way to get a big pay off.

However, I'd be suprised if the WWE can be that patient.

I look back at my own post in this thread from a month ago....I was predicting a screwy ending because Seth had vowed to go it alone while Brock's heel/face status was up in the air.

Now, 4 weeks later, things have changed from that time.....and changed back again. Seth had re-formed his army, apparently deciding he wasn't going to handle things by himself, as he had boasted previously.......and now, seemingly due to the injuries suffered by J & J, he's got to handle Brock by his lonesome again.

How has all this affected the storyline? Since Seth even managed to alienate Kane last night (apparently), he'll have no one in his corner on Sunday .....which is entirely appropriate for a world champion, even though Seth's reign has featured as little one-on-one as he could arrange.

I still see a screwy ending, largely because I don't think Seth's title run should end yet, but I can't see Rollins beating Brock cleanly........while Brock can afford to battle for awhile as a face before taking home the big prize.

How Rollins handles this contest will be important to what WWE intends for him in the near future. If he battles heroically, it could change things in a big way.

I look back at my own post in this thread from a month ago....I was predicting a screwy ending because Seth had vowed to go it alone while Brock's heel/face status was up in the air.

Now, 4 weeks later, things have changed from that time.....and changed back again. Seth had re-formed his army, apparently deciding he wasn't going to handle things by himself, as he had boasted previously.......and now, seemingly due to the injuries suffered by J & J, he's got to handle Brock by his lonesome again.

How has all this affected the storyline? Since Seth even managed to alienate Kane last night (apparently), he'll have no one in his corner on Sunday .....which is entirely appropriate for a world champion, even though Seth's reign has featured as little one-on-one as he could arrange.

I still see a screwy ending, largely because I don't think Seth's title run should end yet, but I can't see Rollins beating Brock cleanly........while Brock can afford to battle for awhile as a face before taking home the big prize.

How Rollins handles this contest will be important to what WWE intends for him in the near future. If he battles heroically, it could change things in a big way.

In the worst possible ending, I could see Kane coming in, maybe both Seth and Brock are laid out, maybe there was a ref bump. Kane runs in, trying to hit Rollins, Rollins ducks, Brock takes a chair shot/whatever, Rollins gets his 3 and keeps the belt going into Summerslam.

I just don't see how this doesn't result in a rematch at Summerslam. So, really, I'm just looking for as great of a match as they had back at Royal Rumble.

Anyone think Ambrose (who has no one to work with) is going to get involved leading eventually to a return of the Shield at Summer slam who then take out Lesnar until he returns for Survivor Series?

I doubt it. I think he'll just sit this PPV out like Orton and Reigns did for Elimination Chamber.

I think Ambrose will end up facing Kane again at Summerslam.

Look I am confused. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing but I just can't even allow myself to predict what will happen on the main event of Battleground this Sunday when Brock Lesnar challenges Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. There are just too many options - and let me present them to you:

A. Clean win with a clean finish to the show

That option basically means that either Rollins or Lesnar are going to win the title clean and there is not going to be a dirty aftermath. This option is more likley to happen with Lesnar but after the last couple of weeks it's hard for me to say that Rollins winning clean is not a possibility.

The Result of this option:

If Lesnar wins clean then he has almost no one to face at Summer Slam - as Taker will not challenge for the title ; a Rollins rematch will look stupid if you have the big moment before the big 4 PPV ; Orton is not an option and frankly the only option I see is Roman Reigns facing him once more but if that is the case you will need to find a way to get him out of the Wyatt storyline quickly without hurting both men.

If Rollins wins clean then probably we will see a rematch between the two at Summer Slam. But if not I can see Triple H challenging him for the title that he "gave" to him.

B. Undertaker returns - Rollins retain - Lesnar vs Taker at Summer Slam

This is one of the most likley possibilities thtat I am going to present. We know almost for sure that Taker is going to be at Battleground and we know that Vince is hot on the idea of a Taker-Lesnar rematch so basically if that happens you don't have a lot of problems and you will have half of the main event for Summer Slam set in Lesnar vs Taker.
About Rollins he will probably be facing Triple H if that happens in the same kind of story that I suggested in option A.

C.Money In The Bank Cash In
This is not a really likley option but I think it can do wonders if they use it as it will surprise a lot of us.
You have 3 options with this one:

1.Sheamus cashes in on Rollins after he retains and joining the Authority and a result kicking Rollins out of it - turning him babyface in the process. Then have Rollins face Sheamus at Summer Slam and Lesnar can move on to Taker or to someone else (Orton maybe).

2.Sheamus cashes in on Lesnar after he wins the title. Basically this is a complicated option. You basically have two turns on one night. The first one is HHH fully kicking Seth Rollins out of the Authority allowing Lesnar to win the title and the second one is Heyman betrayling Lesnar and taking Sheamus to be his client and then on Raw the next night joining the Authority. This is for me the 2nd best option that the WWE can go with right now.

3.Sheamus cashes in on Lesnar by a distraction from Taker. This title pretty much explains this possibility - you will have Taker vs Lesnar at Summer Slam and you can go with HHH vs Rollins. But the wild card here is who Sheamus will face and that can be decided in a battle royal or a tournament on Raw the next night with Dean Ambrose \ Roman Reigns \ Bray Wyatt coming out as the winner.

D.Sting Returns

This is another talked return that because the WWE is stupid I do not think is going to even take part of this main event but will have a spot in a different match on the card. But in a world were WWE were not stupid and did not cancel out the option of Taker vs Sting (which as much as I want to see is not going to happen - at least not at Summer Slam) - I think they should go with Rollins vs Sting (which is another match they won't do). How it is done? Actually it is pretty simple: First of all you need to take Rollins out of the title picture which can be done with Lesnar winning and some kind of an aftermath on him (Taker ; Sheamus etc..). Then the next night on Raw Rollins says HHH needs to give him his rematch but HHH says that he will get it only if he can prove to him that he can beat who he already beaten - outcomes Sting ; he and Rollins are face to face and you have it on. Another problem with this option is that basically it leaves no room for HHH on the Summer Slam card (unless it is a match with another one of these man like Dean Ambrose - that I don't know what program is he going to be a part of) which is unrealistic because of HHH's ego.

E.Dean Ambrose turns heel and allignes himself with the Authority meanwhile Rollins is kicked out of it

Basically this is the most unrealistic option that I am going to suggest but this must have a few things happening for it:
1.Lesnar winning the title but losing it to Sheamus as a result of a MITB cash in.
2.Lesnar winning after some kind of a distraction from HHH on Rollins.
3.Ambrose coming out after the match and attack Rollins.
4.You have to do something to show emphesis for Rollins because if you don't it will turn to option F.

F.The Authority turns babyface on Rollins and recruit a new face to the WWE in Dean Ambrose.
Basically HHH turns on Rollins allowing Lesnar to win the title. The next night on Raw HHH reveals that he has a new face to the WWE in Dean Ambrose - as simple as that. This must have Lesnar vs Ambrose for the title at Summer Slam or a Rollins vs Ambrose match which I just don't see happening.

G. A screwy finish
Out of all of this complicated things and great turns in storys that can be done I still think that there is a big chance of the WWE going head first and having this end in a screwy finish resulting in a Summer Slam rematch.

So what do you think will happen at the Battleground main event? Those were just 10 options I thought that can happen but there are plenty more.
Vote and comment and lets hope that the WWE will be stupid this time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back