WWE 2K16 Thread

Rivalry in Universe mode has officially become the single dumbest thing I can lay claim to in this game.

ADR (US Champ) v. Cesaro was built for a month. I even pushed Cesaro into the #1 Contenders role before assigning the feud. So the ppv match-up... is non-title. ADR wins, and somehow it says the feud is still going on for 5 more weeks. How the hell?! It was a "short" feud. Not medium. Not long.

I'm approaching the MITB ppv, and can only wonder how I'll have to adjust rosters to get the right guys into the MITB match without editing it and losing the MITB title; turning the match into a glorified 6-man ladder match that's worthless.

Going forward, I'm begging them to develop a way to make Rivalries more than just single's or tag team. I want 3-way feuds, and even 6-person feuds.

I edited my MITB matches on both of the years I've done so far and haven't lost the MITB title as part of the match. And out of curiosity I made a 6 diva ladder match during the MITB ppv in year two and it automatically turned it into a diva MITB match.

On PS3.

Update on the Divas Money In The Bank,

I did a second one. However I wasn't able to cash in the first time I did one so I went to check this time in the cash in results screen and sure enough it already says "Lost Privilege".

So you can do a Divas MITB match but you can't actually cash in ever so it's pretty pointless unless you're just doing it for fun.

Also having an issue with the Royal Rumble where it doesn't even acknowledge that I had a Rumble winner. Both years I've done it so far it hasn't shown up in the Rumble history.

And instead of saying Royal Rumble on the matches list during the event it has the Main Event logo for the Rumble match. It also has the Main Event logo in the Rumble history tab. So probably just something 2K needs to work out. Or ignore.

I pretty much just played imagination with mine anyways.

Reigns was the Champion going into MITB. The 6 guys going in were stacked. (McIntyre, Ambrose, Show, Neville, Owens, and Daniel Bryan.)

Funny story - I stayed true to form on going with winners/losers of qualifying matches. McIntyre won an NXT Battle Royal that Sami Zayn was meant to win. Neville beat Orton. Show was automatic due to not being given an automatic rematch for his Championship.)

The follow through with this will be Bryan winning MITB, and cashing in for Summerslam in a little over 1 month. While slowly building toward that Bryan/Reigns match, I still have Elimination Chamber, and the Battleground (WWE/NXT cross-over event) to go through.

I finished my first Wrestlemania a few days ago and it was basically a dream card. Bryan (Rumble Winner) beat Lesnar in the main event for the WWE Title, Ambrose won a shield triple threat to become #1 contender to the WWE Title, plus much more.

Punches, when repetitively hitting the punch for the 4-button combo go slow, and in some wrestler's cases, the final punch doesn't even connect.
After watching the quality of worked punches deteriorate over the years, this feels true to life.

The Future Stars pack is now available.

Samoa Joe, Blake & Murphy are awesome. Los Matadores still leaves me shaking my head as to why.

It looks like Blake & Murphy come complete with their own tag team finisher, as well as new entrance. Everything about them in this game feels like a win from what I've played. HOWEVER - there seems to be a major glitch. In 2 games now, if you don't finish the opposing team off when using the tag finisher - which ever guy isn't legal, will begin trying to climb the corner ropes and attacking from mid-rope. This presents an issue, considering the official begins counting that guy to 5 unless you either bump the official, or pin the legal guy to force the other guy to come in. (which doesn't stop Blake/Murphy from stupidly climbing the corner ropes.)

Samoa Joe is also well defined in the game. His clutch submission has an excellent feel to it. (now if only I can get the damn submission deal to work right.) His muscle buster looks as expected, but thankfully not half as bad as Ryback's finisher. I think my favorite part of Joe is his signature move in the corner - it's a surprise enziguri kick. I'm heavily considering putting it on AJ Styles.

Did your Universe mode reset?

I know it's been an issue on next gen and I'm playing on PS3 and had it happen as well.

Matter of fact my Universe mode has been fucked from then on.

Thursday went in to play and only one of my rivalries was still going on and the only title that was active anymore was the WWE title. And all my ally/rivals had reset. The tag teams stayed though. All my ppvs were set back to the original ones.

Went in today and none of my titles were active. It actually gave me a message saying that I couldn't play Universe mode until I set a champion. All my ppvs were set back to the original ones and the same thing with the allies/rival having some of them set back to the original.

Just seems like whenever I turn the game off and turn it back on something is fucked in the mode.

I've been waiting to download this DLC pack until they make it so it doesnt fuck up my universe. I'm over a year in and refuse to start over.

Did your Universe mode reset?

I know it's been an issue on next gen and I'm playing on PS3 and had it happen as well.

Matter of fact my Universe mode has been fucked from then on.

Thursday went in to play and only one of my rivalries was still going on and the only title that was active anymore was the WWE title. And all my ally/rivals had reset. The tag teams stayed though. All my ppvs were set back to the original ones.

Went in today and none of my titles were active. It actually gave me a message saying that I couldn't play Universe mode until I set a champion. All my ppvs were set back to the original ones and the same thing with the allies/rival having some of them set back to the original.

Just seems like whenever I turn the game off and turn it back on something is fucked in the mode.

I'm positive mine will screw up, but it didn't show any signs of being messed up yet.

I'm up to Night of Champions/September, in the opening year. I loaded Joe, Blake & Murphy all to NXT, and moved the Matedores to Smackdown. I'm fearful that it'll reset once I play a match on the ppv, or advance to the next day/week. So I've kind of been waiting for a patch.

However I've loaded up my Universe mode 2 times since hearing of this glitch, and all my matches/titles, people, teams, etc. are ALL still the same and in their proper places.

Just a random thought - I played with Joe, (v. AJ) Blake & Murphy (v. Matedores) all in matches before putting them in my Universe mode. I'm curious if that may have helped prevent the glitch in a weird way.

The only glitch I truly seen was Blake & Murphy doing the turnbuckle attack over and over after hitting a finisher and not getting the win. Other than that, I know I had some glitches earlier in the year with the Elimination Chamber. (guys were warping OUT of the Chamber, and fighting in the entrance walk area.)

I've been waiting to download this DLC pack until they make it so it doesnt fuck up my universe. I'm over a year in and refuse to start over.

I wanna say go ahead, because I'm about to in a day or two.. but hell, I'm right there with you.

It took me like 3 days to set-up my Universe mode from scratch to JUST how I wanted it, and even then.. I tinkered so much with changing people, adding new guys, and swapping things around.

I'd sure hate to have to do that again, but it definitely sounds like I'm headed that way.

Just think, in the next game we can probably have Joe vs. Styles for the WWE Title :lmao:

Pfft.. you can have that match-up now. I'm positive there is a great version of AJ Styles on any platform console right now in the CAWs section.

From what I saw on the 2K forum it's affecting some people and not others so it's kind of a crap shoot.

Especially given that when 2K first commented on it they said that it would only affect next gen.

I had planned to reset my Universe anyway because I made it a clusterfuck and also had simmed a lot in it.

Right now it's just the annoyance of the calendar resetting every time I turn the game off and having to go back and reset my titles and the allies/enemies that don't want to stay for some reason.

I also noticed that on the stats section for the Royal Rumble it actually says Royal Rumble instead of Main Event now, so I'm hoping the issue I was having with the Rumble match is actually fixed and was maybe just an early glitch.

From what I saw on the 2K forum it's affecting some people and not others so it's kind of a crap shoot.

Especially given that when 2K first commented on it they said that it would only affect next gen.

I had planned to reset my Universe anyway because I made it a clusterfuck and also had simmed a lot in it.

I have the game on my Xbox One. I still haven't had any issues, but I'm not exactly going through everyone to make sure their allies/enemies haven't been reset.

Obviously the Teams look the same. Some teams seem to have lost their finishing moves, but I think that's because as I add newer teams, I may give the same finisher to them - which erases it from the previous team. (I dislike that, by the way)

I also considered restarting my Universe, but since I'm only all of 5 months deep - I figured I can just write myself out of this hole by the Road to Mania. If not well before.

Right now it's just the annoyance of the calendar resetting every time I turn the game off and having to go back and reset my titles and the allies/enemies that don't want to stay for some reason.

I also noticed that on the stats section for the Royal Rumble it actually says Royal Rumble instead of Main Event now, so I'm hoping the issue I was having with the Rumble match is actually fixed and was maybe just an early glitch.

Outside of the Elimination Chamber glitch I previously mentioned, I realized recently my Universe mode screwed up a title situation.

Long story short - I realized you could put Championship's on the line in any style of match.. ANY... so Adam Rose (leader of the Entourage, along with Drew Galloway, and Tyrus - had to self plug my group.) was feuding with Balor over the NXT Championship.

Well, Rose won the Championship and accepted a return title match, as long as it was a handicap match with himself and Tyrus, against Balor. Ever since winning that match.. (Rose pinned Balor) Tyrus has been walking around with an NXT Championship on, when he comes to the ring. (even along side Rose and his Championship)

I went to see if I could remove it, and the game doesn't view Tyrus as a Champion.. so I can't remove the belt. I also can't assign him a single's match for the title against anyone. SO, the way I see it - I'll need to have another handicap match with him and Rose, to whomever I have become the next Champion. Otherwise, Tyrus will forever be walking around with a fake version of the title.

So, last I heard they pulled the newest DLC pack (Future Stars) from being able to download, and urged people to *NOT* play the game if you did download them, until they resolved the bugs and fixed it to where your Universe won't screw up.

I haven't played the game in roughly 10 days. Any word on if they've released a patch? :lmao:

Not sure on next gen but on current gen the patch came out a week ago Tuesday.

I haven't had any problems since.

So, last I heard they pulled the newest DLC pack (Future Stars) from being able to download, and urged people to *NOT* play the game if you did download them, until they resolved the bugs and fixed it to where your Universe won't screw up.

I haven't played the game in roughly 10 days. Any word on if they've released a patch? :lmao:

Yeah the patch is out for next Gen and the DLC is fine with universe mode now.

I'll probably end up getting a token WWE game if/when I get a ps4. Not that much interest in stuff outside the party aspects that used to come with the older games, especially since you can download the rosters nowadays.

Someone give me a buzz when they make the gameplay "fun", allow me to win the WWE championship with my girl CAWs, allow slightly customisable match types and let me use my own damn music. Really shouldn't be that hard for them to do that.

This was the DLC I was anticipating the most and I have no complaints with it.

I was actually pretty happy and I guess I wasn't really expecting the arenas and the alternate versions of some of the managers.

Plus I liked that they kept versions of wrestlers separate from the existing versions.

I'll probably end up getting a token WWE game if/when I get a ps4. Not that much interest in stuff outside the party aspects that used to come with the older games, especially since you can download the rosters nowadays.

Someone give me a buzz when they make the gameplay "fun", allow me to win the WWE championship with my girl CAWs, allow slightly customisable match types and let me use my own damn music. Really shouldn't be that hard for them to do that.

I doubt they'll ever let the men's titles be won by divas. Even on the Smackdown vs Raw games when you could do intergender matches I don't remember them letting you make it for a title. But it's also been years so I don't remember for sure.

I do expect match creator to be back in 2k17 and hopefully custom themes but the latter would be more of a surprise.

It's funny because the only real reason why I could imagine them justifying the lack of intergender matches (and by proxy title matches) is that they're scared of some weird fetish videos of male wrestlers beating on the females or something. Surely it's a bit of code they have added in which disallows it to happen and not the other way around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back