• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE 1st Ballot Hall of Famers

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
WWE First Ballot Hall of Famers – Past, Present and Future

1993: Andre the Giant
2004: Bobby the Brain Heenan / Pete Rose, depending on how you look at it
2005: Hulk Hogan
2006: Bret “the Hitman” Hart / Eddie Guerrero, depending on how you look at it
2007: “The American Dream: Dusty Rhodes / Jim Ross, depending on how you look at it
2008: “Nature Boy” Ric Flair
2009: Stone Cold Steve Austin
2010: “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase
2011: “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels

I’m not too sure about a few of them, please correct me if I’m wrong. Anyway, out of the names not currently in the Hall of Fame, who else is a future WWE First Ballot Hall of Famer??

A few of my 100% sure First Ballot picks:

The Rock – 9 time World Champion, 2 time Intercontinental Champion, 5 time Tag Team Champion, Royal Rumble Winner

Undertaker – 7 time World Champion, Hardcore Champion, 8 time Tag Team Champion, Royal Rumble Winner, Undefeated at WrestleMania

Triple H – 13 time World Champion, 5 time Intercontinental Champion, 2 time European Champion, 3 time Tag Team Champion, King of the Ring, Royal Rumble Winner

A few of my 88% sure First Ballot picks:

Chris Jericho – 6 time World Champion, 9 time Intercontinental Champion, European Champion, Hardcore Champion, 2 time Television Champion, Cruiserweight Champion, 5 time Tag Team Champion

Kurt Angle – 11 time World Champion, Intercontinental Champion, United States Champion, European Champion, Hardcore Champion, X-Division Champion, 2 time Tag Team Champion, King of the Ring, King of the Mountain

Edge – 10 time World Champion, 5 time Intercontinental Champion, United States Champion, 14 time Tag Team Champion, King of the Ring, 2 time Mr. Money in the Bank, Royal Rumble Winner, Bragging Rights Cup Winner (Team Smackdown)

Who did I get right??
Who did I get wrong??
Who do you think should be the next Headliner of the WWE Hall of Fame??

If WWe does a quote wcw Hall of fame theme this year I think the Nwo deserve 1st ballot only time they out did wwe was with those guys like them or hate them.

At this point as much as I hate to say this, The Rock is not a 1st ballot Hall Of Famer, since he has been out of the wrestling business for years and not gotten in. Who I believe will be, obviously the names you stated of Triple H, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, and John Cena could all easily be 1st ballot guys, and out of active or semi-retired WWE guys the main ones who come to mind that could or should get in are CM Punk, as much as I hate to say it The Miz, Edge, Randy Orton, and my somewhat surprising pick William Regal.

I concur with the professionals listed by the initial post. I would add Cena, Kane, all of the McMahons that aren't there already, Randy Orton(he was the youngest Champion ever and has 7 by the way), Kevin Nash, Sting(if that is possible), and Rey Mysterio.

This thread pissed me off enough to register after lurking for years.

Do you guys even know what "first ballot" means? It means getting in on your first year of eligibility? It's fucking wrestling! There is no concrete definition of eligibility to begin with! (See Koko B. Ware as well as Jake Roberts)

Overall, my point is the lack of understanding what "first ballot" means. Shawn Michaels is a first ballot HoFer because, so to speak, it's his first eligible year to get in. Flair got in before he retired so he was a negative 1 ballot HoFer.

To answer your question, the Undertaker and Cena are two should be first ballot HoFer's, but, as I said, it's all timing in wrestling. If the marketers say the timing is right then so and so gets in.

if wcw is being talked abt then theres LOOOOOTTTTTSSSSS of names tht go unmentioned. chris jericho sucked in wcw thts for damn sure but smoe of the rest.

hogan
nash
hall
sting
goldberg
booker t
and although their careers in wwe sucked they ruled in wcw
ddp
scott steiner
and definitely rey mysterio. this guy took the cruiserweight division from the bottom to the top before it got raped by wwe. his run in wwe hasnt been as good as it did in wcw. a few more but these guys are like the tip of the iceberg

At this point as much as I hate to say this, The Rock is not a 1st ballot Hall Of Famer, since he has been out of the wrestling business for years and not gotten in. Who I believe will be, obviously the names you stated of Triple H, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, and John Cena could all easily be 1st ballot guys, and out of active or semi-retired WWE guys the main ones who come to mind that could or should get in are CM Punk, as much as I hate to say it The Miz, Edge, Randy Orton, and my somewhat surprising pick William Regal.

ur comment on the rock not being eligible to be a hall of famer actually had me rolling in laughter. ted dibiase had been out of the game for nearly a decade before he got inducted. the reason the rock isnt already in is because hes probably not available to attend or because the years not the right time. next year the hall of fame is taking place in toronto. ten years ago on tht night the rock beat hogan at mania at toronto. thts when hes getting inducted. and prbly trish too.

What you guys are talking about are HEADLINING NAMES. Just thought I'd throw that term out there. Shawn is a first ballot HOF candidate, so was Eddie. As for other ones... definitely HHH will be, so will Undertaker, Edge and John Cena. Rey Mysterio, maybe.

I think that these names will be 1st HOFers for sure

Cena
Taker
HHH
The Rock
Edge
Jericho

And OP said that Kurt Angle should be 1st ballon, well I'm not sure that will he even be inducted ever in the HOF. Yes he haves great career, but he is on TNA now and if Vince never buys TNA and he retires as a member of TNA, then maybe he will be in some sort of TNA HOF, but not in WWE HOF.

Yes this is wrestling we are talking about so first ballot is kinda a silly use of a term. The Rock is a "first ballot" Hall of Famer. It's not about how long he has been gone it's the impact that he has made while he was there. The Miz at this point in his career is not a hall of famer. Not that he can't get there but it's too early to say. The fact that you have him above the rock in that regards is crazy

ur comment on the rock not being eligible to be a hall of famer actually had me rolling in laughter. ted dibiase had been out of the game for nearly a decade before he got inducted. the reason the rock isnt already in is because hes probably not available to attend or because the years not the right time. next year the hall of fame is taking place in toronto. ten years ago on tht night the rock beat hogan at mania at toronto. thts when hes getting inducted. and prbly trish too.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The question was about 1st ballot Hall of Famers, and all i'm saying is at this point The Rock must have been on the ballot as someone who could get in, but didn't. I'm not saying I don't want him in the HOF, i'm just simply saying that he has obviously passed the chance of being "1st Ballot".

Yes this is wrestling we are talking about so first ballot is kinda a silly use of a term. The Rock is a "first ballot" Hall of Famer. It's not about how long he has been gone it's the impact that he has made while he was there. The Miz at this point in his career is not a hall of famer. Not that he can't get there but it's too early to say. The fact that you have him above the rock in that regards is crazy

When did I ever put The Miz ahead of The Rock? I said as an active wrestler he could easily end up as one given the career path that he has taken over the past few years. As for The Rock himself, did I ever say he didn't deserve to be? It's a trick question as far as 1st ballot, because when it the actually 1st ballot for someone? Since these questions are unknown i'm going off this years 1st ballot Hall of Famer in Shawn Michaels who got in the year after he retired and the Rock has been gone for far longer than a year, which by the definition of 1st Ballot would mean that he is no longer capable of achieving it, not that he didn't deserve it.

You missed 1996 out when I Snuka was inducted and I believe Vince sr was.

I love the HOF I believe it's a great concept and it's fun for the fans, wrestlers and inductee's to have a night to reflect.

However I believe they should be some kind of rule.
Maybe where they haven't wrestled for say 2-4 years (Kind of like Boxing's 5 year rule)
I kind of like WWE's possible inducting of WCW guys while in Atlanta and here I am hoping come mania 30 in NYC WWE induct a ECW guy or two.

Rock
Undertaker
HHH
Kurt Angle (if he ever returns to WWE)

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The question was about 1st ballot Hall of Famers, and all i'm saying is at this point The Rock must have been on the ballot as someone who could get in, but didn't. I'm not saying I don't want him in the HOF, i'm just simply saying that he has obviously passed the chance of being "1st Ballot".

There is no Ballot for the WWE HOF :banghead:, it's Vince and maybe one or two other people that decided who's going in. It's not like other sports where there are dozens of members who vote for the hall of fame.

This is a FINAL decision by Vince and Vince only. If there was a committee like any other sport do you not think Macho man, Sting, LOD, Rock and many other big names would have been inducted already. Do you really think if there was a ballot that Koko B. Ware would be in the HOF.

No, there is no such thing as a First Ballot nominee, as there is no voting on this, once again it is a decision made arbitrally by one man and one man only VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON

Undertaker, HHH, The Rock, Kane, Edge, Rey Mysterio, and Chris Jericho- 10/10. Each and everyone of these guys have the ability to lead because of their huge fan base. Remember, its fan base. Yes, even with Hogan, Austin, and HBK. The truth is, other great legends don't get as big of a reaction because of the new fans. And because these guys are still wrestling in the PG era (except the Rock), if they were to get inducted now, the kids and older fans will remember. However, the big question is, if all of these guys got inducted at the same time, who would lead. LOL. If that was the case, I want to say Undertaker, I really do. But my gut tells me, kids will go crazier for The Rock and think he is the main reason to watch. Guy is a icon. Can't deny that. None the less, if any of these guys got stuck with a list of not so popular legends, any of these guys can lead. Including Rey, He may not be "up there" with the others, however, that guy is a luchador from the Mysterio name and that will earn him a lot of respect from peers and fans.

Just to go over what people are saying about why Macho, Warrior, Jake the snake, LOD, Rock etc not being yet, you need to remember that WWE can only put 2 Main attractions in like the list above.

If they put all of the above in one go absolutely would be amazing but on the flip side they'd run out of main attractions to induct, like last year's was weak however Warrior AND Honky declined the invitation.

Also take into account WWE has a tendancy to induct people from the area or former promotions they've bought and induct someone who was involved in that.

With WrestleMania 28 being rumoured to be held in Toronto, CA it's a given Trish will be inducted and possibly The Rock or possibly Warrior

There is no Ballot for the WWE HOF :banghead:, it's Vince and maybe one or two other people that decided who's going in. It's not like other sports where there are dozens of members who vote for the hall of fame.

This is a FINAL decision by Vince and Vince only. If there was a committee like any other sport do you not think Macho man, Sting, LOD, Rock and many other big names would have been inducted already. Do you really think if there was a ballot that Koko B. Ware would be in the HOF.

No, there is no such thing as a First Ballot nominee, as there is no voting on this, once again it is a decision made arbitrally by one man and one man only VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON

Obviously there is no ballet, but since the question was asked I figured i'd answer it as it was asked. That's why I brought up Michaels in one of my posts, if we're going of of "ballets" then the first year of eligibility would be the year after retirement from the ring, which is why I said that The Rock would have missed that chance.

Obviously it's all about who McMahon wants in, we know that the "HOF" is nothing more than a joke in certain aspects, but why not give the original poster the respect of answering his question the way he had it asked since it is a legitimate question that gets asked with every other Hall Of Fame.

Ok, How is a person "a 1st ballot" for real? You have Ted Dibiase? I don't think he's a HOF to begin with. But he's been retired for years.. so who is choosing these people to put on the "ballot" what ballot? Flair was still wrestling and Michaels has been retired 1 year.. so those 2 make more sense as a "1st ballot" but I want more info on the balloting process. Here'e the funny thing, people are always looking for something to make someone look more elite.. 1st it is a HOF.. not its to be a 1st balloter. It truly isn't important how many times it takes to get into the HOF, so long as you make it. WWE on the other hand has this tradition of making 7 people eligible.. some cookie cutter number, not that they truly deserve it, just to make a certain number.. like a Ted DiBiase.. he's not a true HOF.. neither is Warrior. And the current product makes being a HOF more of a joke.. why, because everyone is having the title hot shotted around like its a prop.. it means less.. look how many people have had the title more than 5x in the WWE... how many more than 10? It used to mean something to be a champ, now you have to have it a ton of times..

Also, There is only 1 2x winner of the MITB.. that was Punk.. Edge won it from Kennedy when they decided to fire him.

Obviously there is no ballet, but since the question was asked I figured i'd answer it as it was asked. That's why I brought up Michaels in one of my posts, if we're going of of "ballets" then the first year of eligibility would be the year after retirement from the ring, which is why I said that The Rock would have missed that chance.

Obviously it's all about who McMahon wants in, we know that the "HOF" is nothing more than a joke in certain aspects, but why not give the original poster the respect of answering his question the way he had it asked since it is a legitimate question that gets asked with every other Hall Of Fame.

It has nothing to do with retiring. Austin was retired before 09 but got in 09 and was a no brainer for the hall of fame. Same for Ted DiBiase taking a few years.

Maybe also spreading out some big names over the years is another variable so they don't just put all the big names in at once one year like they could have.

And if you really went by ballots, you'd have to wait 5 years after retirement like in other sports.

if wcw is being talked abt then theres LOOOOOTTTTTSSSSS of names tht go unmentioned. chris jericho sucked in wcw thts for damn sure but smoe of the rest.

Jericho sucked in WCW, did you even watch wrestling then. Did you ever see the feuds with Mysterio or Malenko? The build up for the Cruiserweight battle royal with the winner facing Jericho and Jericho making fun with all the guys, then a masked wrestler wins and it's Malenko and then they have a match that tears the house down!
Why do think Jericho was so over when he went to the WWE, because he kicked ass in WCW, fucking moron!

Jericho was the man with 1004 holds. He was the sh*t in WCW but was held down by Flair & Hogan.. I wish he brought back that character from then, but then again, he brought us tons of new stuff. Its not just a story line or whatever, he changed, not like someone like Edge.. Chris changed himself a few times & each one was very over. That's why WWE made him the 1st ever Undisputed champ... not Rock or Austin or anyone else they could had put in that match.

No mention for Mick Foley being a headlining HOF name??

Many of the names listed above, I definitely agree with. You can't go wrong with the top guy in the HOF for that year being Undertaker, Jericho, HHH, Rock, Cena, Orton, Edge, Kane, Mysterio, Vince McMahon, Big Show, Kurt Angle, etc. If Randy Savage would ever be inducted, he could be the top name that year as well.

Some other names, TO AN EXTENT:

Bob Backlund - He has the credentials, but the only question is whether or not he would be considered a big enough star by today's standards to top the list.

Kevin Nash - A matter of "they could do better, but they could do MUCH worse". Nash is a HOF worthy guy in my opinion, but it strictly matters whether or not they've got someone else lined up that year that is more important.

JBL - Personally, I thought he was total shit for his entire career in all aspects outside of his mic work during the JBL phase, but he'll find his way into the HOF, and has more potential to top that year's list than say, a posthumous induction of Yokozuna or something.

Sid - HOF worthy I'd think, but would he be a big enough name to stir interest, and could he keep himself in legal clarity to be in that position? I doubt it.

Booker T - Could be a big enough name for the top of the HOF some year, but like Nash, you could do better and you could do much, much worse.

Well, hell, if you're just naming anyone that ever held the belt, lets get Arquette in there. How about Vader? I think he was a unique force & should be in there, waaaaaay more than.. Hall, Nash, Sid.. Sid.. the guy stabbed Arn.. how about Arn.. how about the whole set of Horsemen.. if you're talking Legendary forces.. then they are it.. not the NWO...

do you mean headline acts for that years Hall of Fame??? Bobby Heenan was not the headline act in 2004, either was Pete Rose. The headline inductee did not start until 2005 with Hogans induction. To answer though, HBK obviously this year, next year a Randy Savage or Ultimate Warriior or Bob Backlund or Bruno Sammartino would be headline acts. Maybe even The Rock. Or the Undertaker if he retired between now and then. All other huge names that are considered at that top level of pro wrestling are in the WWE HOF already

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back