Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards Revealed... How did TNA do?

Shadow of Darkness

Occasional Pre-Show
Hell Yeah....

TNA has won the following Wrestling Observer Awards this year:

Tag Team of The Year: #WTTCOTW/Bad Influence

Best Weekly Television Show: TNA Impact Wrestling

Worst Major Wrestling Show : TNA No Surrender

Worst Promotion of the Year: TNA Wrestling

Best Gimmick: Joseph Park (Lawyer Brother of Abyss)

Worst Gimmick: Aces and 8s (Invading Biker Gang)

You can read the rest of this years winners at this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wrestling_Observer_Newsletter_awards

Hell Yeah...

I don't think winning worst major wrestling show of the year and worst gimmick of the year is something to be screaming hell yeah about

The "Worst Major Wrestling Show of the Year" award went to UFC 149, not to No Surrender. In fact No Surrender was 9th in the voting and there were three WWE and three other TNA shows voted ahead of it.

Also I fail to understand the logic of TNA winning best weekly show and worst promotion, especially considering that their PPVs were pretty solid, including a four show Summer stretch from Sacrifice in May until Hardcore Justice in August that was off the charts. It comes off as a strange contradiction.

It's good to see TNA get more love than they normally do in these WON awards.

I didn't understand the awards. Was this one guy or a group of writers. As Impact one best Weekly TV show (fair enough i like NXT better but it was better than Raw and smackdown for sure) then it finished 2nd for worst TV show only beyond Raw (Smackdown was far worse than both). Then you give them worst promotion on top of it.

Not much consistency in this awards. but atleast they got tag team and best character right.

I don't think winning worst major wrestling show of the year and worst gimmick of the year is something to be screaming hell yeah about

It is when you compare it to other years with this particular newsletter. TNA usually sweeps all the bad categories and get none of the positive ones. Impact winning TV best show of the year from this site is an improvement given that they had given Impact worst TV show of the year 5 years in a row.

Any 'awards" that consider Orton 4th most overrated and just behind Garrett Bischoff is not to be taken serious imo.

Any 'awards" that consider Orton 4th most overrated and just behind Garrett Bischoff is not to be taken serious imo.

Actually these are the only awards that can be taken seriously for the most part. They are picked by experts who know the sport. Not some random fan vote that will inevitably be made up of WWE fanboys.

And in fact Orton should be ahead of Garrett in terms of "Overreated". Everyone should, because no one is dumb enough to actually rate Garrett highly to begin with, so how can he be overrated? Overused, waste of space, product of nepotism, sure- Garrett would win that award by a mile. But overrated he is not. He just sucks and everyone knows it; therefore, he is "rated" appropriately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back