WrestleZone Forum Files #6: Your Wrestling Christmas Wish? (Get on the Main Page!)

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Post in here until Friday, December 22 for a chance to make the main page.

Today’s Topic: What is your wrestling Christmas wish?

Simple question this time around: if you could have any one thing in wrestling, what would it be? A title change? Booking plans? Someone coming to a different promotion? Cutting something out that you don’t like? Pick any one thing and let us know what you want for Christmas.

Christmas is a time to ask for some things you would never get otherwise so what do you want this time? Let us know and see if your comment belongs in the wrestling version of the 12 Days of Christmas. Or just on the main page actually.

It's hard to narrow it down to just one thing but if I had to pick just one, I'd probably go for Vince McMahon giving up the creative reins of WWE.

Like many others, I rag on Vince sometimes and, truth be told, he doesn't deserve it at times while at other times he does. If he stayed CEO, I'd be perfectly fine if he just sat Triple H down and said that he had full creative control of WWE; Vince has shown that he still does just fine in the corporate aspect of things, that's never really been in doubt, but his creative choices are a total crapshoot at times. I'm not saying that Triple H is some savior who's not gonna make mistakes, from our perspective as fans, sometimes, but I just see how things operate in NXT and I know that I'm not the only one who wants to see more of that brought to the main roster. With NXT, there's no real filler, they make the most of the time they have, and they treat the product with a more serious tone; for instance, they don't have grown men dressed as reindeer, Santa Claus and a snowman wrestling in tag team matches in NXT.

Rather than a Superstar Shakeup, I think the company is more in need of a creative shakeup. Triple H is head of WWE creative in job title only because the true head of creative has always been Vince McMahon. The notion of Vince no longer making those decisions or being gone from the company altogether might seem scary to some in WWE and would no doubt rock the wrestling world, but it's gonna happen sooner or later no matter how many PEDs he takes or how often he hits the gym; Vince McMahon is going to die someday despite any sort of joking proclamations to the contrary and/or something will happen, whether it's injury or illness, that ultimately forces him to step down.

If that wish allowed me to change something that has already happened, it would be that Braun Strowman beat Brock for the title, defended it against Joe, Kane, Show and then Reigns.

As for something which could happen...

Daniel Bryan is legitimately fit and cleared to resume his in-ring wrestling career with WWE.

Get rid of scripted promos. Some people they help. Some people they hurt. But everyone is limited by them. Take away the scripts and at most leave them bullet points. I understand WWE is run by control freaks. I also know that some wrestler going off the deep end could mean serious fines from the FCC and possibly scaring away their biggest target audience, children (though there is a delay, even in live TV). I just feel that it raises the ceiling on every wrestler's potential popularity. It also allows wrestlers to get over much more naturally.

My wish would be short and sweet. For iMPACT Wrestling to become a better alternative to WWE in their own way. The product fell hard and they need to focus on their show and make it more compelling and intriguing so people can invest in it once again.

There's a lot of different interesting storylines and match ups that could come from a healthy Daniel Bryan but that's been taken so I'll throw a simple one out there that could actually come true:

HHH can leave his trunks at home for WM. I don't hate HHH, far from it. He's played a part in some of my favorite moments, matches, and storylines in WWE history. I know that he is going to deliver a decent to great feud and match where you can tell a lot of thought and effort went in the execution.

But his feuds have grown in to something that doesn't get me excited any longer (and I enjoyed the entirety of the Sting match). Any feud could get hot at any time of the year. I would love to see him return at a time other than Mania. I think it might benefit my excitement for him at Mania if he showed up more often. But he mostly hasn't so to me he just feels like the guy who comes out to lose or at best win a screwy match over another 40+ year old wrestler and the idea of this does nothing for me.

And this year may be short on part timers (Cena (probably), Lesnar (definitely), Rock (unlikely), Rousey (maybe), Goldberg (maybe), Jericho (maybe), UT (maybe)). But I still don't want him to feud and wrestle. His story just feels inconsequential and played out. WWE should be doing new things with newer people. We will have to see what that is.

My wrestling Christmas Wish would be for WWE to give up on the rumored plans for Roman VS Brock for the Universal Championship at Wrestlemania. There's better options that would benefit everyone involved whether it be the fans, the wrestlers, and even WWE as a business.

I would start by having Brock lose the Universal Championship. They already have the triple threat planned where he defends against Kane and Strowman. That's fine. Strowman should win this match. Brock can still face Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania. It just does not have to have the Universal Championship involved in order for it to be a high profile match, let alone rumors of the Intercontinental Championship also getting dragged into the mix. The storyline is already there. They both defeated Undertaker at Wrestlemania so one could challenge the other to a non-title match and it would still generate a ton of interest. Vince gets Roman VS Brock, we as fans still get a Universal Championship match that can actually matter, and the WWE makes money. Everyone wins. Problem solved.

So where does this leave Strowman and the Universal Championship if he wins at the Rumble? Depends on if they go with a longer or short reign with Strowman. For a long reign we can get the dominant monster type of champion they wanted Brock to be, only now on a full-time basis, with Strowman. If they did go this route then while Strowman defends at multiple PPV events they need to be building up somebody, NOT Reigns, to dethrone him. For a shorter reign they could give a Wrestlemania moment to the challenger by having him win the title there. Having someone like Finn Balor or Seth Rollins be the challenger would be good. My preference would be Seth although it would be big for Finn if it was him. These guys need opportunities. If Roman still has the Intercontinental Championship while this is going on, he could be working on making that belt relevant.

That's far better than the WWE forcing another big moment for Reigns on the fans when it's highly unnecessary. Roman VS Brock for the Universal and possibly Intercontinental Championship as well at Wrestlemania is a horrible idea. It's made the Raw singles division stars have virtually nothing to do in the past year. So, that is what I wish for. If the WWE gave up on this awful idea and do not go through with it, it will open up the doors for far better ideas whether they go with my Strowman VS Seth or Strowman VS Finn ideas at Wrestlemania or not. A fan can dream.

A heel turn for Bayley.

They could do something, where she just snaps and reaches a point of frustration, because she's tired of being too nice. The fans had the audacity to boo someone with a halo over her head, and it drove her nuts. I could easily picture Bayley being more whiny, sneaky, and petulant, I'm A Meanie t-shirts, and Bayley flat out refusing to go back to her old ways ("No hugs for you, you, and you!"). She needs some kind of spark, and turning her face again somewhere down the line with an "I just lost my way for a while" explanation could rejuvenate her current character.

For CM Punk to return to the WWE.

While that wish may be a bit far fetched, no one can deny that a CM Punk return to the WWE will undoubtedly cause a ratings spike. Since Punk retired from pro wrestling in January of 2014, the entire WWE landscape has changed so dramatically. Smaller guys are getting opportunities and wrestlers that made their name outside of WWE are the focal point of their shows. Guys like Aj Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura and Kevin Owens would all be great opponents for a potential Punk return. Even opening up the old Punk/Samoa Joe feud would make for great tv.

He's worth it. Roll out the red carpet for this guy. Find you a stadium in Chicago for Wrestlemania. Get Living Colour to perform his thene live. Put Punk in the title match and let him headline the show against someone that might be able to cover up the little bit of ring rust he'll have. Just do whatever possible to get Punk back. His 434 day long Championship reign made for entertaining television and truthfully, this may have been one of the last times I was truly invested into the WWE product.

I wish that WWE would split off its Women's Division into its own company under the WWE banner. The women will never get the right time of day if you keep them mixed with Raw and SmackDown. This way, they could have a dedicated team of writers for them. And, with Stephanie McMahon at the helm, the Women's Division would blossom into its own on the WWE Network. It could make alliances with Shimmer, Stardom, Ice Riboon and the smaller Japanese promotions. Could you picture Kairi Sane and Asuka vs Kris Wolf and Io Shirai in a ring owned by WWE? Natalya vs Meiko Satomura? How about Nia Jax and Sasha Banks vs Ayako Hamada and Yoshiko? Or, only in a WWE ring could this be possible: Trish Stratus steps back into the ring vs another woman coming out of retirement, Manami Toyota.

It is sad that WWE is so restrictive on their wrestling product. If they gave the Women their own touring schedule and show, you would see a lot of superstars break out. That is my wish.

My first wish would be a more personal one and it would be for smart fans to realise that just because they listen to podcasts and read dirt sheet, it doesn't mean that they know everything about what best for wee business.

Second wish would be for Braun strowman to finally be ready to become the main event monster he's should be and get a title run by the end of 2018

Third wish would be for Bryan to get a proper retirement match at mania.

Last wish would be for impact to either find a way to get stable and build a product that will finally make their own identity or to just finally close and sell their video library to wwe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back