• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlers In Their Prime

2TheMax

Dark Match Winner
What year(s) do you think any wrestler was in their prime? I say that when a certain wrestler is on the rise, in their best shape, and in their hottest in-ring wise is when they're in their prime. Pick 3 random wrestlers and decide when do you think they were in their prime. Here's mine.

• Kurt Angle - I say he was in his prime around '03-'05 because he was evolving from being a pushover to being taken seriously in the ring. He had intense feuds with guys like Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Eddie Guerrero, etc. In 2005, he became more focused than he ever was after he beat Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 21 and was on a roll from there. He became more intense and aggressive.
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin - I believe he was in his prime around '98-'99 because he was in his hottest at that time. He was the face of the WWE and made them successful as a draw. He also had great feuds with The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Kane, Undertaker, Mick Foley, and Vince McMahon. He won the WWE Title time after time, won the Royal Rumble, main-evented WrestleManias, etc.
  • Triple H - I say around 2000-2001 because he was young, hungry, injury-free, and becoming successful. He got involved with Stephanie McMahon at the time but he worked to get to the top. He got more over with the fans and was evolving into "The Game" after he broke away from D-X. He was starting to become more intense and sadistic with his attitude as a heel. His feuds with Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, and Mick Foley really put him on the map. Until in 2001, he injured his quad muscle which became a big concern in his career.

Stone Cold Steve Austin - You have to go with 97-99. Think about it at no time in the modern era has one man dominated an organization more than SCSA. Raw was basically a 2 hr program built around SCSA, he was in my opinion given a show to showcase. He almost always opened and closed the show, and was thrown somewhere in the middle. He was WWF champ for much of 98 and in this time fram esp 98-99 was almost always in the main events of a ppv. This time frame has made him 1 of the 2 top stars of all time.

Stone Cold: Man back in the late 90s no one was better than Austin he cut the best promos he had 2 of the best feuds with Vince and The Rock and made the WWF his own with Austin 3:16 O Hell Yh And THats The Bottom Line Cos Stone Cold Said So and the numerous Beers lol.

The Game Triple H 1999-2001: Triple H was the top guy back in 2000 but his prime was in 1999 when he won his first WWF Title took on Vince at Armegdon and begin the Mcmahon Helmsley Era with Steph. 2000 nothing came close to Triple H maybe Rock or Angle but with Austin out HHH was the guy. I guess he would of had a good 2001 if he hadnt done his quad though

Ultimate Warrior (1990-1991): Well it all started off with his match build up with Hogan. Though i know people will say before that. When he won the title he was 'THE MAN' and fans went crazy and he did sell bucket loads of merchandise. I know it went downhill after he lost the title at the RR to Slaughter.

The only thing i was disappointed with was the fact that there was never a Undertaker v Ultimate Warrior match at a ppv. I know they had matches at house shows. But i would have loved to have seen UT v UW at a ppv just after the feud started with UT locking the UW in the casket. I remember watching that as i was 12 years old and was shocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back