Name your Top 5 Wrestlers and their best matches

RKO18

Celtic Warrior
As the title states name your five all-time favorite wrestlers and at least one or two of their best matches.

Ill Start:

1. Triple H-I do not like him at all right now, but his first solo run after he left DX was in my opinion one of the most entertaining runs ever. He wrestled some great matches at this time and was a fresh face as the Champion which was very much needed at the time.

vs. The Rock vs. Kurt Angle SummerSlam 2000-This was the best executed Triple-Threat match I think I have ever seen. The Rock and HHH prove once again how great they work together and Kurt Angle proved that he was a main event player in this match as well.

vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin No Way Out 2001 3 Satges of Hell-One of the most intense and brutal matches of all time. Great wrestling throughout. HHH continues to show his phenominal selling abilities and gets potatoed along the way. This match also proved that Austin was indeed back even if only for one more run as WWF Champion.

2. Bret Hart-Im a little nervous about him getting in the ring at Mania but The Hitmans Matches from 93 to 97 were some of the best matches of all time. And the Hart Foundation revival of 1997 was pretty spectacular as well. The whole Canada vs. America thing was sweet.

vs. Shawn Michaels Wrestlemania XII-Obviously. This is my favorite match of all time. The endurance from both men is unreal and something that I don't think we will ever see replicated. True professionals.

vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin Wrestlemania 13-Again obviously. This match was a great combination of solid wrestling and classic brawling. They both pushed each other to the limit with The Hitman proving that he can wrestle a heel style once again.

3. Randy Savage-One of the greatest promo men of all time. Also one of the best heel main eventers of all time especially in the ring. The Macho Man carried most of his opponents bell to bell night after night.

w/ Zeus vs. Hulk Hogan and Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake Summerslam 89-Randy Savage alone is the reason that this match is entertaining. He puts over both Hogan and Beefcake in the ring and ensures that Zeus wrestles very little.

vs. Ultimate Warrior Wrestlemania VII-Great storytelling and great work from both wrestlers as well. This is definitely the best Warrior match I have ever seen. Great energy from Savage and FIVE sick elbow drops delivered as well.

5. Kevin Nash-Overall I think that he is the best "Big Man" of all time. Great look, intimidating ring presence, and overall character appeal are just some of his attributes. One of the reasons I became addicted to wrestling.

vs. The Undertaker Wrestlemania XII-One of Takers best Mania matches of all time. A true Big Men match that delivered from start to finish. Nash shows why he is called Big Daddy Cool.

vs. Shawn Michaels Wrestlemania XI-May get some flack here but this is a great David vs. Goliath type match, only David is the heel. But Shawn makes it work. Great selling of the injured ribs by Nash. How about when Shawn gets caught coming off the top rope and then sidewalk slammed?

5. The Rock-Greatest promo man of all time. Period. Also he along with Hogan are the only two wrestlers that can play both heel and face flawlessly in my opinion. Great size and presence in the ring and could work well with just about anybody.

vs. Triple H vs. Big Show vs. Mick Foley Wrestlemania 2000-Underrated match in my opinion. I thought this was great especially with the McMahon in every corner aspect. Great main event feel and Rock kicks some ass in this match. It comes down to Rock and HHH with HHH retaining due to Vince turning on The Great One.

vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin Wrestlemania XIX-Their best, and unfortunately last match ever. Rock shows just how versitile he can be. Austin gives it everything he has it his last match and Rock goes over CLEAN. Talk about unexpected.

(These are my favorite wrestlers and their best matches in MY oppinion only.)
CM PUNK
- CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy (TLC Match at SummerSlam 09)
This match was simply fun to watch. I chose this over the matcht eh previous month at Night of Champions because the emotion going into it was at a fever pitch. DX MAY have sold some buys but this match was the reason I bought the show.
- CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana (2/3 Falls at Punk: Final Chapter)
My favorite match of theirs. Comedy, stragiht wrestling, passion and emotion. Plus the sight of Punk coming to the ring crying due to his "last" ROH match was something to behold.
- CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe (2nd match in their ROH trilogy)
Out of the three major matches, this was by far the better one. They had an excellent first go round and they only improved on this match.

Desmond Wolfe
- Desmond Wolfe vs. Kurt Angle (TNA Turning Point 09)
Some knew of Wolfe before and others didn't. This showed the world who he was and why he was something special. The vibe going in was that of a big match scenario and nothing was on the line.
- Nigel McGuinness vs. Austin Aries (ROH Rising Above 07)
Probably one of the better PPV matches from ROH. These two went at it for over 30 minutes and never stopped. Even when Nigel busted his eye open, broke his nose and got a concussion in one move. The ending lariat was out of nowhere and hard as hell.
- Nigel McGuinness vs. Bryan Danielson (ROH Driven 07)
My favorite of their matches together. The sight on Nigel & Bryan nose to nose getting off the mat to start slapping the hell out of each other still sends chills downmy spine.

STING
- Sting vs. Ric Flair (Great American Bash 90)
Still a match and put on from time to time. Big time feel and two of the best having a match of a lifetime. Still mark out like a little kid when Sting wins.
- Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett (TNA Bound For Glory 2)
Many say that this wasn't that great, but the hype surrounding it was incredible and the sight of seeing Sting (with the old/new look), Jarrett, and Angle in the same ring together was just magic.
- Sting & Lex Luger vs. Steiner Brothers (WCW Superbrawl)
- Probably one of the lesser known matches on my list, yet just as good as any of them. Voted the best WCW match of 91. Steiners were at the top of their game and Luger was actually good.

SHAWN MICHAELS
- Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (Iron Man Man at WrestleMania XII)
How could this not be on here. Two of the best doing what they do for over and hour. Shawn holding the belt on his knees after the match is an inconic image that is burned into wrestling fans brains.
- Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker (WrestleMania 25)
Another "duh" moment. These two were told by pretty much anyone with a computer that it wold be good but not great. They stole the show and surprised everyone to the point that many don't want to see it tarnished this year in a rematch. Always a great match when no one wants to see a rematch due to the possibility of not living up to the first.
- Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (Ladder Match at SummerSlam 95)
In my mind, better than the Mania Ladder Match. These guys knew what they could do and improved on it.

AUSTIN ARIES
- Austin Aries vs. Bryan Danielson (lumping together their best of three series)
I have always loved "Best of ..." Series matches and angles. Makes the guys better wrestlers and not rely on their main moves as much. These three matches were incredible and only got better and better.
- Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuiness (ROH Rising Above 2007)
See my above post. These guys still amaze me and I am still shocked Aries didn't kill himself getting the lariat and flipping backwards to the floor from the ropes. One word of advice. If you are outside the ring and Aries is running at you...MOVE!
- Austin Aries vs. Jimmy Jacobs (I Quit Match at ROH Rising Above 2008)
We have seen Aries wrestle but this was the first time we really got to watch him brawl. The things that these two did to each other should be illegal. Chains, spikes, chairs, tables. Everything was involved in this match that made my dad queezy watching the blood flow from Jacobs.

Honorable Mentions
RAVEN
- Raven vs. Sandman (Barbed Wire Match)
- Raven vs. Rhino (Hardcore Match at Backlash 2001)
- Raven vs. Jeff Jarrett (TNA Weekly PPV)

CHRIS JERICHO
- Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels (Ladder Match)
- Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania XIX)
- Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit (Ladder Match )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back