Wrestler of the Decade

My top 4
Kurt Angle:-Simply one of the very best wrestler who ever enter a ring. Hats off to the guy...almost never had a bad match. The best wrestler of the decade and one of the best ever. He played heel and face perfectly and brought comic relief like nobody else.

Jericho :-Good year 2000 where he proved he was main event worthy. 2001 was amazing for him and he became the first ever undisputed champion. He then became a heel...and he was great at it, much to the surprise of many. He left for some time but came to raise the level, specially as a heel. It`s just sad he haven`t won the World/WWE title too many time..he deserves it.

HHH Many people think he is overrated. He is to certain extent. He does use his influence on the Mcmahon family. Yet you can`t deny there weren`t many to be the top heel back in 2000. He became the top guy...did a great job and hell if it wasn`t for him, who the hell would have been the top hell in 2000? Worked his ass after the terrible injury in 2001. Came back and had some memorable feuds. This guy have put a LOT of quality matches, specially in the brawling (in general) category. He also help pushing new talents like Orton and Bastista (he actually made him looked good). Now I HATE when he uses his influence to for example headline Wrestlemania when neither him or his opponent won the rumble or to switch brand. I hate it. But for me, he is still one of the wrestlers of the decade. HHH would still be where he is in IMO, married or not to Steph...even if he wouldn`t have been champ so many times.

Undertaker:- Well yeah. To be here for yet another decade is huge. He evolved a lot and got better wrestling wise. Less epic than his first 10 years but still very impressive guy.

Specially mention to:
HBK:- He actually had a pretty significant decade. He missed the first 2 years but still proved to be the show stopper afterwards.
Edge-great wrestler..climbed up the ladder impressively..still a lot to give.
Orton-The guy has started a very promising legacy.

Those who missed it:
Brock:- what a waste, he would have been THE man of the decade had he not leave.
Eddie/Benoit:-They had still a lot to give IMO.

Wrestler of the decade I think has to be the Undertaker, firstly he's now been with the WWE pushing 20 years and still going strong. Yes he has had to take time off due to injuries but who wouldn't havent been around as long as he has. He still continues to defy the odds, generate excitment, main event the big shows. Not only that he doesn't need to stay within the main event programmes he drifts in and out of mid-card, upper card story lines unlike ahm john cena, batista, HHH. Undertaker and even Michaels roll with it drift between upper, mid card matches and programmes and still can get the audience of their seat and put seats every 12 inches. They don't need to be bombarded with championships becuase when they do win it it means something its special but no with HHH , Cena or Edge who monoplise the belts the belts lose their legay, impact, importance with all three of them challengein to beat Flairs record of 16 belts. When not one of them are as good as he wil every be. Taker, Michaels be looked over the top starrs to carry the company now. Which is a discrace they stood by the WWE when every1 else left to go to WCW, then Austin came along and Taker got pushed to the side again, then the Rock, taker pushed to the side AGain, HHH taker is then pushed to the side, then Lensnar, then Cena. The Taker is better, more consistent than any of them guys even better in ring than them. Why does he be over looked, becuase WWE takes advantage becuase they know with Taker being champ or not he will still be consistent put asses on seats, and electrify the crowd. The last 2 wrestlmanias he has won the belt and got good pushes but yet he gets them taken of him due to injury then he doesnt get the strap bck which he should. Michaels hasn't even been given a good shot at becoming champ becuase we all know watever show cena is on he will be champion and every1 else can get in line.

Best Super Star of the Decade= Undertaker

2nd= Michaels

3rd= Angle

4th= Edge

Kurt Angle, Edge, HHH, Cena are all good choices.. Jericho loses for quitting for a while.

What?

Jericho may have left for two years but HHH missed around two years in total with his quad tears. Edge also has missed quite a bit of ring time too with several different injuries ranging from broken necks to broken arms to muscle tears.

I would say that the only guy who truly comes close to HHH during this decade would be Edge, aka the most improved superstar of the decade (undoubtedly). Edge had one hell of a decade, and has really risen up to the main event, but HHH was already there from the BEGINNING of the decade, and will still be there at the END.

I think you pretty much killed your own arguement here. Yes I 100% agree that Edge is the Most Improved Superstar of the Decade..without a doubt! And it's also true that HHH has been headlining since what seems like forever. But that's the whole problem..never any change. Much like Cena, HHH is forced down our throaghts as the 'Main' guy that is always champ or always going to be champ.

Who would have thought that Edge would come along as far as he has? Once a top tag heel and now THE top singles heel. I personally would love to give this honor to Stone Cold, but unfortunately as many have already said, he just hasn't been around for much of the decade. The decade isn't over so that leaves a little time for more to be seen from others but really..what more can be done to outdo Edge Decade of Decadence?

I think the case isn't being made for taker. The man moved his gimmick to the american badass thing in 2000 and then reverted back to his old gimmick with a few changes. He has instituted new moves into his arsenal and never for a moment did not recieve huge pops along the way. I'm going to break it down year by year to prove my point

2000- returns as american badass and takes out Mcmahon-hemsley coalition at king of the ring. Faces Kane at Summerslam, faces Angle for title at survivor series, also does probably have the most memorable moment of the year when he throws rikishi off the top of the cell

2001 - defeats HHH at mania, wins tag titles with Kane and a brief feud with Stone Cold over world title, was a big part of the invasion angle, became big evil, and won the hardcore title

2002 - feuds with the Rock, defeats Ric Flair at wrestlemania, wins undisputed title from Hulk Hogan at Judgment day, feuded with Lesnar after switching to smackdown and lost a hell in he cell title match with a broken hand

2003- feuded with Big Show, defeats big show and a-train in a handicap match at wrestlemania, lost a buried alive match during a feud with vince at survivor series and took time off

2004 - returned as the deadman defeating Kane at mania, feuds with heyman and the dudleys, buries paul bearer in cement, two ppv feud with champion jbl, feuded with heidenrich

2005 - wins casket match against heindenrich at royal rumble, defeated Randy Orton at wrestlemania, the feud lasts through the end of the year with casket match and a hell in the cell match at armaggedon, and then some time off

2006 - feuded with kurt angle, defeated mark henry in a casket match at wrestlemania, feuded with the great khali, defeated big show in a punjabi prison match, defeated khali in last man standing match his first loss, feuded with mvp and mr. kennedy alongside kane till the end of the year in first blood and last ride matches

2007 - won the royal rumble, defeated batista for world title at wrestlemania, feuded with mark henry who cost him the title, lost to batista at cyber sunday for title, faces batista in a hell in the cell at survivor series but lost due to edge, lost triple threat match for title to edge at armaggedon

2008 - won smackdown elimination chamber, defeated edge for world title at wrestlemania, was banished after losing TLC match for title after being stripped of belt, returned at summerslam defeating edge in a hell in the cell, then faced big show in every gimmick match there is through the end of the year

2009 - final 5 of royal rumble, 2nd in smackdown elimination chamber, most likely facing Shawn Michaels at wrestlemania

My point is he has feuded with every other great wrestler, he he been the star at the biggest show of the year multiple times and have enough title reigns but doesn't need the belt to be effective, personally i'm not a huge fan anymore of his but this decade he has been very impressive

Hands down it has to HHH. Although some may argue a lot of his accomplishments were spoon-fed to him, he no doubt has had a more than "Rock" solid decade at the top.

Setting aside his commercial appeal and looking at his in-ring career only, I would definitely have to rank Cena high up there on the list but for overall this would Hunter's for the taking.

I think you pretty much killed your own arguement here. Yes I 100% agree that Edge is the Most Improved Superstar of the Decade..without a doubt! And it's also true that HHH has been headlining since what seems like forever. But that's the whole problem..never any change. Much like Cena, HHH is forced down our throaghts as the 'Main' guy that is always champ or always going to be champ.

Who would have thought that Edge would come along as far as he has? Once a top tag heel and now THE top singles heel. I personally would love to give this honor to Stone Cold, but unfortunately as many have already said, he just hasn't been around for much of the decade. The decade isn't over so that leaves a little time for more to be seen from others but really..what more can be done to outdo Edge Decade of Decadence?

Umm.. how did I kill my argument by giving another wrestler honorable mention? I said he comes close because hes MOST IMPROVED. That means he wasnt as good at the beginning of the decade, which counts just as much as the middle or end of the decade, wheras as HHH has been on top for the ENTIRE decade for the WWE. I didnt kill my argument, your's simply just didn't make any sense whatsoever.

Randy Orton!
that is all i got to say, it is Randy Orton!

Randy came in to Evolution and made a major impact on the WWE, he made so much historic moments and historic things he has done, and also he is nicknamed the "Legend Killer" that is a big way to make a name for yourself!
and now he is feuding with the McMahons, you know he is HUGE!!

im going to say kane, ever since taking his mask off hes just gone from strength to strength, each week i tune into raw in anticipation of what amazing matches hes going to have next, kane is my pick

Hands Down Triple H......I mean yes Cena is ok but he hasn't been here the whole decade and Edge is great but has only been main eventin the last four or five years.....and Randy Orton is one of my favorite wrestler but like cena hasnt been here the whole decade.....i mean look at his stats....he won the tag titles wit stone cold.....created one the of the best factions ever in evolution....11 world/wwe titles, 3 intercontile titles (the last it was retired a while), and one tag team title.....not to mention winning the royal rumble and headlining countless wrestlemanias.....only guys i see close is kurt angle in second and chris jerico third (who is the most underrated of all)

OK I know this won't be a popular choice and I know this might seem really dumb and it's my opinion Triple H is great but my pick for Wrestler of the Decade is EDGE and here's why since 2000 he has won 11 World Tag Team Championships , 2 WWE Championships 6 World Heavyweight Championships 4 Intercontinental Championships won the 2001 King Of The Ring , for a total of 23 championships and 1 Rumble/KOTR win . The popular choice Triple H has won 6 WWE Championships , 7 World Heavyweight Championships 2 Intercontinental Championships , 1 World Tag Team Championship and the 2002 Royal Rumble for a total of 16 Championships and 1 Rumble/KOTR win . Just on the number of Title's won in the last 9 years Edge is the Wrestler Of The Decade !!

:wwf::wwf:OK I know this won't be a popular choice and I know this might seem really dumb and it's my opinion Triple H is great but my pick for Wrestler of the Decade is EDGE and here's why since 2000 he has won 11 World Tag Team Championships , 2 WWE Championships 6 World Heavyweight Championships 4 Intercontinental Championships won the 2001 King Of The Ring , for a total of 23 championships and 1 Rumble/KOTR win . The popular choice Triple H has won 6 WWE Championships , 7 World Heavyweight Championships 2 Intercontinental Championships , 1 World Tag Team Championship and the 2002 Royal Rumble for a total of 16 Championships and 1 Rumble/KOTR win . Just on the number of Title's won in the last 9 years Edge is the Wrestler Of The Decade !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back