WrestleMania XXIV: Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show

I dont like the fact that this match is getting more highlights than main event match but this did happens to brought media coverages and promotions from non wrestlings worlds which was WWE's main intention was.

Ok here's the problem. How can you try to promote something for Wrestlemania that is supposed to be so big no pun intended, and have a match like they did last night. Jim Ross was the only thing promoting the Mayweather angle by saying he was watching the match. Why the hell would they not MAKE Mayweather be at every Raw to do as much promoting as possible??? They have ruined what could have been a drawing factor for Wrestlemania! They blew it again. Big surprise!

Ok here's the problem. How can you try to promote something for Wrestlemania that is supposed to be so big no pun intended, and have a match like they did last night. Jim Ross was the only thing promoting the Mayweather angle by saying he was watching the match. Why the hell would they not MAKE Mayweather be at every Raw to do as much promoting as possible??? They have ruined what could have been a drawing factor for Wrestlemania! They blew it again. Big surprise!

How did they blow it? The Big Show/Mayweather match gets more publicity/advertising than any other match on the WrestleMania 24 card. Just because he wasn't at one RAW doesn't mean they screwed it all up. I'm in fact, happy that we don't have to see that crap every single week. But the actual reason Mayweather was not at RAW was because he got injured a few weeks back, and the WWE want to keep him as healthy as possible until WrestleMania. The less advertising this match gets, the better, because I couldn't care less for that match.

How did they blow it? The Big Show/Mayweather match gets more publicity/advertising than any other match on the WrestleMania 24 card. Just because he wasn't at one RAW doesn't mean they screwed it all up. I'm in fact, happy that we don't have to see that crap every single week. But the actual reason Mayweather was not at RAW was because he got injured a few weeks back, and the WWE want to keep him as healthy as possible until WrestleMania. The less advertising this match gets, the better, because I couldn't care less for that match.

Here's the deal. Vince wants this to be a huge draw for Wrestlemania. Simple as that. Mayweather never got hurt. It was fake. It's been every other show they have played this angle where both guys were "in the building." All I am saying is that it is blown because they could've done more.

Here's the deal. Vince wants this to be a huge draw for Wrestlemania. Simple as that. Mayweather never got hurt. It was fake. It's been every other show they have played this angle where both guys were "in the building." All I am saying is that it is blown because they could've done more.

I still don't see how it is blown when it is all over Sports News, and there are many commercials covering it. Just because for one RAW Mayweather didn't show up, doesn't mean they blew the angle. I think it adds more heat, as Big Show 'injured' Mayweather (even though it's not that big, and should heal by 'Mania), so now he's gone. I admit they could've done more, but they did not blow the angle.

the buildup to this angle has just been terribly anticlimactic

i honestly find myself more interested in everything that isn't this match. i don't know why but this just isn't holding my attention. i mean, a few weeks ago when Show threw Mayweather out of the ring, i was actually kind of excited for this match. i mean, there was a big moment in the feud and it showed the Show as the monster he is capable of being.

now, though, ehh, i agree that keeping Mayweather off tv this week sort of crushes some of the momentum this had going.

i know it's been a success when it comes to getting the media involved, but in the end, it's not really drawing me in.

Exactly what I mean. The punching in the face at the PPV. The little stand off the next day on Raw, starting to build slowly. No mayweather week after as Big Show throws some random loser over the top, which was cool, but where was mayweather? Week after he finally gets his hands on mayweather, seems like it's going to be built well, then he fights Jericho to a no contest with no mention and no anything to build the fued? BLOWN!

Its obvious to me that some of you didn't watch wrestling back in the glory days. You don't need both particpants to build heat for a match. Big Show knocking out a huge star like Jericho makes him look far more untouchable.

Plus, having Mayweather week after week kills the element of surprise if he is to show up at some point to exact his revenge. We still have two more Smackdonws, another raw and another ECW. This story has been built quite well. Just think of where we were last year with McMahon and Trump and praise jesus we are seeing something kinda fresh. No it won't be a match of the year but it should be exciting.

Honestly I enjoyed last years Donald Trump storyline than this. It does not matter if it's prerecorded, live, or a video package. It's all the same for Mayweather. He says the same thing week after week and time after time again. At least with the McMahon/Trump angle had some variety to it. Greatest fighter in the world or not... He's a literal midget compared to Show and what not even half his weight. To have Mayweather go over Show in this match would be in my opinion terrible for show. I mean Show has beaten guy much larger than Mayweather... Ugh it's just so stupidddd

Honestly I enjoyed last years Donald Trump storyline than this. It does not matter if it's prerecorded, live, or a video package. It's all the same for Mayweather. He says the same thing week after week and time after time again. At least with the McMahon/Trump angle had some variety to it. Greatest fighter in the world or not... He's a literal midget compared to Show and what not even half his weight. To have Mayweather go over Show in this match would be in my opinion terrible for show. I mean Show has beaten guy much larger than Mayweather... Ugh it's just so stupidddd

You're killin' me smalls. No this won't steal the show but it will be better than McMahon and Trump and the entire storyline revolving around a bald billionaire. This match could be kinda cool because it is so unpredictable. Nobody knows who will win. For the longest time I figured Mayweather for sure. But he is getting booed in arenas and has started to play up the heel aspect. I just think it may be good.

the reason maywhether is being booed isnt because the fans think the angle is stupid, its mostly because if you watch maywhether in boxing, he's the closest thing to a heel you will find. He fought this mexican guy a while ago (i dont remember his name and theres a reason i called him a "mexican guy") who was proud of his culture and such, tell me this bastard dosent come out in a sumbrero and a plancha, simply to piss off supporters of the other guy (the whole crowd). Then maywhether got his ass beat but won the fight due to points.

So yeah Floyd "pretty boy/money" maywhether is a heel in boxing. Vince Dosent seem to understand that this isnt the 80's and people do watch boxing and they do know how much of a prick this guy really is.

As for the match itself. If wwe is smart, they will put big show over, mostly because the fans want to see him tear this guy a new asshole and because they payed maywhether alot of money, for 20 million dollars id legitly get squashed by mae young or hornswaggle, much less the big show.

I think everyone needs to give this match a chance.

Do you think the WWE is going to let this match be a stinker when there paying Floyd Mayweather around $2m - $10m?

I think this match is going to be a very good match. The crowd will be 50 - 50between Mayweather and Big Show. I do expect Mayweather to go over here, but you never know. Hopefully Rey Mysterio will do a run in or something.

Either way, give this match a chance people.

You're killin' me smalls. No this won't steal the show but it will be better than McMahon and Trump and the entire storyline revolving around a bald billionaire. This match could be kinda cool because it is so unpredictable. Nobody knows who will win. For the longest time I figured Mayweather for sure. But he is getting booed in arenas and has started to play up the heel aspect. I just think it may be good.

Unpredictable? Come on, man. They're not going to have Mayweather lose. He'd never sign up for it. The celebrity never loses...especially if he's got a reputation to maintain. If he was a washed up star in a non-athletic field, then yeah, he could lose, but as long as you still have a career, the WWE isn't going to make you lose.

I think everyone needs to give this match a chance.

Do you think the WWE is going to let this match be a stinker when there paying Floyd Mayweather around $2m - $10m?

I think this match is going to be a very good match. The crowd will be 50 - 50between Mayweather and Big Show. I do expect Mayweather to go over here, but you never know. Hopefully Rey Mysterio will do a run in or something.

Either way, give this match a chance people.

Yes, the WWE would do that. It doesn't matter if they deliver during the match, you've already paid for it. That's what they wanted this for. The whole thing has been based on how much non-wrestling media attention they can get so they can get more people to buy the ppv. If they have a shitty match, who cares, they've got your money. You can't call up and cancel the ppv midway through and get your money back. The match will consist of 5-10 minutes of entrances, then Mayweather will run around the ring, Big Show will push him down a few times and JR will go "oh ma gawd King, he threw him halfway across the ring!", Big Show will turn around to look at the crowd and mock Mayweather, who will hit him a few times in the chest until he lunges forward. Then, since his head will be down, Big Show will get hit in the head a few times, end of the match, they've got your money so that's all that matters.

I really...REALLY...hope that the fans at the stadium just sit there and constantly boo during the whole match. Give the WWE something they don't want. If you only boo/cheer for one or the other, then they'll think they had a successful angle. If you constantly boo the whole time, chant "we want wrestling", or "boooooring, boooooring"...then maybe it will wake someone up backstage.

Okay, wanting people to sit there and boo the whole time is kinda pointless, i mean this angle isn't that bad. Yes it is a little out there, but the original angle at No Way Out was amazing and the angle on Raw a few weeks ago was good too. I think this match will surprise people, I mean there is certaintly going to be plenty of interference, because Mayweather cannot beat Big Show clean, i mean that would make Big Show look extremely weak. I am hoping Big Show goes over, but wait, this guy has never lost in his boxing career, he is known as an undefeated boxer, the best fighter in the world, I dont think he is going to sign on to lose. Sadly he will lose, what should be a mildly entertaining match....

See, I personally don't think that the build up has been amazing. I think it felt far too rushed at No Way Out. I mean, what happened....Big Show comes out after a totally unrelated match (Mysterio/Edge), for no reason other than to say "I'm back". Then he notices Mayweather in the crowd, Mayweather comes in, punches him, then runs away. Maybe its just because I'm a writer, so I appreciate the more organized, thought out, structured build as opposed to "guy hits guy, now we want to kill each other". I'd even be ok with the build if, after No Way Out, they had stacked the pressure. Essentially, mostly all of what's happened since No Way Out has been taped promos of the two repeating the same lines to each other, and then Big Show throwing some jobbers around, which he should be doing anyway and used to do beforehand. They do enough of the "David vs Goliath", "overcoming the odds" stuff...nearly 24/7 lately...so why not make it that they each get the upper hand on each other every week? Mayweather makes Big Show look bad on Raw, then the next week, gets his ass handed to him, but the following week, costs Big Show a match. Etc etc. Several weeks of "I broke your nose, now I'm gonna break your jaw" and "I'm huge, I'm gonna win", no matter how many times you run the promos (far too often), doesn't equate to a good angle in my opinion. Naturally, you're entitled to your own, and I really do hope that its good, but I'm not holding out 1% of a chance in my mind that it will. If it was a legitimate boxing match, I'd be really excited, but we all know that Mayweather is going to win, so now the only thing I have to look forward to is that either the WWE will look like idiots and the fans will boo the hell out of the match, or the off chance that Mayweather trips during his entrance and hits his head on the ramp, knocking himself unconscious lol.

I think I'm going to turn on some video games or hit the bathroom during this match. Its funny they way they are building it up. I don't mind mayweather not being on tv because he sucks on tv anyways but with the way he acts mayweather is the heel yet they have big show teaming with the heels on raw. I want big show to win but mayweather is the celebrity so he will probably win. I think it would be better to have a dq or no contest or something.

See, I personally don't think that the build up has been amazing. I think it felt far too rushed at No Way Out. I mean, what happened....Big Show comes out after a totally unrelated match (Mysterio/Edge), for no reason other than to say "I'm back". Then he notices Mayweather in the crowd, Mayweather comes in, punches him, then runs away. Maybe its just because I'm a writer, so I appreciate the more organized, thought out, structured build as opposed to "guy hits guy, now we want to kill each other". I'd even be ok with the build if, after No Way Out, they had stacked the pressure. Essentially, mostly all of what's happened since No Way Out has been taped promos of the two repeating the same lines to each other, and then Big Show throwing some jobbers around, which he should be doing anyway and used to do beforehand. They do enough of the "David vs Goliath", "overcoming the odds" stuff...nearly 24/7 lately...so why not make it that they each get the upper hand on each other every week? Mayweather makes Big Show look bad on Raw, then the next week, gets his ass handed to him, but the following week, costs Big Show a match. Etc etc. Several weeks of "I broke your nose, now I'm gonna break your jaw" and "I'm huge, I'm gonna win", no matter how many times you run the promos (far too often), doesn't equate to a good angle in my opinion. Naturally, you're entitled to your own, and I really do hope that its good, but I'm not holding out 1% of a chance in my mind that it will. If it was a legitimate boxing match, I'd be really excited, but we all know that Mayweather is going to win, so now the only thing I have to look forward to is that either the WWE will look like idiots and the fans will boo the hell out of the match, or the off chance that Mayweather trips during his entrance and hits his head on the ramp, knocking himself unconscious lol.

I think you're missing the point of why this match would be exciting. What the hell type of match will it be? In the promos it sounds like Mayweather and Big Show don't even know. Will we see outside interference from some unexpected guests? How will this match end and exactly how will it go down? I agree that Mayweather will most likely win, but I'm excited because they have pulled all the kayfabe out of this match and made it seem like a true fight. That's why I just don't picture them giving us a crappy match.

However, I have watched 11 WrestleManias live on Pay Per View and until last year I was never disappointed. So, I also now can see where this could go terribly wrong. I just hope for the best and drink if its bad.

This has train wreck written all over it. Besides the David vs. Goliath feel, this match has zero going for it. If Show wins, then he beats up a midget, if Show loses, he loses all credibility as a monster heel for the WWE. Has the Big Show even won a match at Wrestlemania? Big Show always is a No Show when it comes to Wrestlemania, and this match is going to be terrible. I'll be happy when this angle is done.

Personally, I'm getting sick as shit of these stupid "Hollywood" Matches the WWE seems to be infatuated with. Last year Donald Trump, 21 had the fat sumo guy, really, where does this shit end. I'm not even going to get started on LT in the fucking Main Event of Wrestlemania, or Butterbean putting Bart Gunn on his ass. These matches are always pure shit.

my guess would be "MONEY" is gonna throw around some money
and get a wrestler to either stand in for him or save his butt then bigshow
will chokeslam both of them
MY PREDICTION Bigshow def Floyd Mayweather by DQ

While not all of the segments and exchanges between these two men have been high on the quality scale, this angle has done what was intended and garnered WWE loads of mainstream attention. Beginning with Mayweather legitimately breaking Big Show’s nose at No Way Out, this has been a hot topic in not just wrestling, but the both sports and entertainment worlds respectively. If you need more proof of this, then you missed yesterday’s NBC today show, and ESPN Sportcenter’s top ten highlights which included a towering Big Show toss mayweather 10 feet to the floor from the ring like a rag doll. This is just enough to peek the interest of casual/lost wrestling fans, as well as joe and jill schmo who have never taken professional wrestling seriously from an entertainment perspective. TNA could take a note from WWE on this because as opposed to relatively unknown baseball players, or Southern favorite NASCAR drivers, Mayweather is legitimately the best pound for pound fighter in the world, and has proven to be a huge draw in his own sport. However, Mayweather is not Mike Tyson. He doesn't have the bad ass reputation and he doesn’t have the likes of a white hot heel DX helping get him get over via the microphone, but in the end I think it will all balance out and WWE will be happy with their investment...worked $20 million or not.

I am looking forward to this match, to see what happens, but i am not really that interested in it, because it is just a card filler to me, a bit of a wild card in the event. The match will be a basic cat and mouse match, with Mayweather running away, and getting some good punches in, whilst Bigshow just throws him around like a rag doll. But I will be interested in seeing how Mayweather uses boxing in the wrestling match. To be honest though, as this post ends, I am getting less and less excited about this match. I don't think it will be very back and forth, it will just be a squash match to get the Bigshow over in my opinion.

And yet why is everyone so opinionated if they simply don't care? I'm telling you. this match has intrigue written all over it. I know I;'ve been the chearleader here but most times the WWE pulls out a great show at wrestlemania and with so much hype i just don't see how this will not deliver.

Im actually really excited for this match because Mayweather is awesome and the winner is so unpredictable. You could have Big Show win and be the guy who beat the greatest boxer in the world, or you could have Mayweather win and be the guy who beat the "Biggest Athlete in the World". And there is some great build up to the match with Mayweather breaking Big Show's nose and Big Show chucking Mayweather out of the ring. Good for publicity. I really hope Mayweather wins after the ref gets knocked out by Big Show and then Rey Mysterio runs in and gets Big Show on his knees with kicks and a 619. Then Floyd Mayweather knocks out Big Show out and pins him. The match is going to be better than the "Playboy Piss Break" and probably the ECW title match and maybe even better than Finlay vs. JBL. It will truly be money!

I just saw Mayweather do a interview on ESPNEWS & I have to say that I wasn't going to order Mania, as no match on the card I want to see till now. I want to see Mayweather & The Big Show and I hope Mayweather wins as I would love to see this guy in wrestling as he is a natural heel, can work the mic and isn't is pushed in the right light by the WWE unlike what TNA did with Pacman. Hell I would love to see Money Mayweather vS MVP at SummerSlam. This match alone is the only reason I'm buying Mania this year, the guy is right when he said he could sell sand to the dessert.

I think this match is going to be amazing.

Mayweather is going to win, trust me.

It has been hyped properly, and all the media coverage that it has got has been amazing. I live in a small town in England and Mayweather vs The Big Show is all everyone is talking out. They can't wait.

WRESTLEEEMANIA!! COMMON!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back