WrestleMania Rewind #2: Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar at XX

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Click Here for rewind #1 Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jerico at XIX.
-------------------------------------------------
My WrestleMania Rewind #2 is..
Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar from WrestleMania XX

Promo
[YOUTUBE]9TkkDDyZRvU&playnext=1&list=PLEB1C77D3A1E55662[/YOUTUBE]
The Match
[YOUTUBE]wyIRRss991s&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]6Klk4S0iQ-0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The Questions I would like to ask about the match are:
  • Was the feud going into the match good?
  • Was the match entertaining?
  • Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)
  • Was there any good spots?
  • How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?
  • Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)

Click Here for rewind #1 Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jerico at XIX.
My WrestleMania Rewind #2 is..
Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar from WrestleMania XX

Promo
[YOUTUBE]9TkkDDyZRvU&playnext=1&list=PLEB1C77D3A1E55662[/YOUTUBE]
The Match
[YOUTUBE]wyIRRss991s&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]6Klk4S0iQ-0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The Questions I would like to ask about the match are:
  • Was the feud going into the match good?
  • Was the match entertaining?
  • Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)
  • Was there any good spots?
  • How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?
  • Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)

The build going into this supposed "dream match" was good. People had wondered if we woul ever see this match since Goldberg signed with WWE. It had the promise of being a match for the ages...not exactly a technical masterpiece, but entertaing...in theory.

The match itself was a huge letdown. By that time both men had not been very secretive that they had not resigned with WWE, and Mania was the last we would see of either of them. The match boiled down to two people the fans, at that point, couldn't give two shits about, lumbering around the ring, locking up for minutes at a time, and not doing much else. Even Stone Cold being the ref couldn't save this from being total shit.

The question of story-telling is irrelavent. (See above)

The best spot of the whole match was Austin sending both men off with a Stunner post match.

The crowd reaction was entertaining, moreso than the match itself. The numerous "You Sold Out" and "Austin" chants made the feelings of the crowd well known, and showed the power of the internet.

The match, while not very long, seemed to last an eternity, due to the total lack of effort by either man. What could have been done to make it better? EVERYTHING. Both Lesnar and Goldberg could have at least tried to sway the fans and make their last night, especially at WRESTLEFUCKINGMANIA, be more meaningful and memorable, but no, instead they screwed over every fan who wanted to see this match, and in turn, screwed themselves over as well.

The match had alot of potential. Just the idea of those 2 colliding in the ring gave me goosebumps. Plus thhrowing Austin in the mix was sure to be interesting- right? ...but, somehow, the hype just wasnt clicking. The closer it got, the less excited i was. In the wake of Goldberg & Lesnar both rumored to be leaving, the match just became less impressive.

We finally get to the match & not even the fans there live seemed to give a shit. Did this cause them both to further not care about performing? Maybe. Did they both go in with a 'who cares' attitude? Definately. The match was probably one of the worst @ WM. In my opinion, even worse than Warrior\HHH. The 'staredown' was terrible & furthered the crowd reaction. A few half-ass exchanges\pinfall attempts & it ends with Goldberg winning. The highlight was Austin hitting the Stunner on them. Like a big middle finger from the WWE universe. I was never a huge fan of Goldberg, but was hugely upset with Lesnar. He was one of my all time favorites & am truly sad his last match in WWE was a half ass performance and loss to Goldberg.

Just sad.

Was the feud going into the match good?

It was a very good feud going in, all the speculation of who was the better man because they had never faced each other, putting Austin in to stoke the fires, Eddie's first title reign thanks in part to Goldberg was a nice touch to set things over the top. So a definite yes.

Was the match entertaining?

Here is where it falls short. Knowing how gifted Lesnar is, and having seen Goldberg carried to good matches by other WWE performers This should have been a much better match than it turned out. It ended pretty predictably and had only a few decent spots way too far into the match.

Was there good story-telling? (Psychology)

If it were a feud between 2 guys that could sell a slower paced match, maybe. Lesnar could do this but Goldberg can't. They start what expected to be a high octane grudge match with slow paced greco roman struggling. The pacing was horribly slow to start and didn't progress well. It got better close to the end, but by then you just wanted it to be done.

Was there any good spots?

The respective finishers, Goldberg's guerilla press into a spinebuster spear type manuever, The stunners on both that weren't shown in the video above. Not a hell of a lot else.

How was the crowds reaction throughout this match?

Disappointed for the early going, but consistent once thing actually started to move.

Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)

For what they did too long. It would have been fine if they had actually put on the match that they could have, then the time would have been perfect. But as it was it droned way too long.

This had the potential to be something special, it really did. It was certainly one of the dream matches around at that period it time.

WCW's powerhouse Goldberg, returning to the big time and going up against the future of the WWE and one of the most powerful men ever to step into a ring. It was never going to be a technical masterclass, that wasn't ever Goldberg's thing, but these two colliding could have been a very interesting match up.

Both never really suffered many beatings in there careers, so the expression on the face of either man after he took a gorilla press, or a vicious slam would have been one of utter shock. I would have loved to have seen Lesnar panicking after Goldberg began to dominate him, and then Goldberg looking shellshocked after Brock brought the pain back to him.

It could have been another Hogan v Warrior, where two of the biggest names in the business met in a well matched, power move based war, but the 2000's version. With Goldberg's contract expiring, everyone knew Brock was going to win, but Lesnar announcing he was also leaving messed everything up and sent the match down the shit pan. The crowd just shit all over this one, which was sad to see but understandable.

With both men leaving, neither gave it 100%, both hated the crwod turning on them, especially Lesnar. It was a sad sight to see someone who could have done it all in the wrestling business and gone down as perhaps the greatest ever, completely lose it infront of the audience and go out the way he did.

I think this was the only good thing about the match!! Brock screws Goldberg in the Rumble match and in return Goldberg screws Brock with the WWE title.. Not a bad feud considering they are both beasts!

It was the complete opposite of entertaining!

Hmm.. I wouldn't say yes here..

Stunner to both men, a great send off to them both!

Wow... I never thought the fans would be soo bored even with Austin in the ring.. They didn't like it 1 bit and the chants were jsut funny..

Length of match? (Was it too short? or too long?, could more time have been added to make the match better? etc.)
The match IMO dragged on.. Maybe if they actually could be bothered, us fans would have enjoyed much more in the 13 mins that was given..

Even though it did have that big match feel to it, it felt kind of rushed. I would have liked some more build up to this match, because it should have been HUGE. But, overall it felt like this feud started, and ended just as fast as it began.

Not necessarily. You could tell they were both on their way out, and just didn't care. I was pumped up for it, but truly this match failed to deliver. Maybe I expected too much but it lacked the entertainment that I thought we could count on with these 2 guys locking up, with Austin in the middle.

Not at all. Nothing great was on display during this match at all. Neither guys were known for their ring expertise. They both were serviceable (Lesnar more so then Goldberg), but their in ring story telling was never anything you could expect from either of them.

No. Probably the greatest spot during the whole match, took place after it was over. Austin's Stunners on each of them, was probably the best bumps, or moves executed during this segment.

They chanted for Lesnar to leave. I think if anything, the crowd was pro Austin. As I said earlier, it had that big match feel, but it was obvious early on that this match was not going to be what people had hoped for.

Actually. It's not like it went on forever. But, I was ready for it to end pretty quick. I just wanted them, as well as all of us, to just be put out of our misery. The match should have been shorter just because it was atrocious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back