• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania legends

Fling_a_thong

Dark Match Winner
first off, sorry if i post this on the wrong forum.

we all know wrestlemania is the best wrestling ppv. it is where stars are made, and if your a star already, this is where you become immortal.
i was watching the true story of wrestlemania, it got me thinking, when the undertaker retires, is the wwe going to lose the last of the wrestlemania legends? obviously there are superstars that are very synonymous with wrestlemania. it got me thinking again, today, wwe doesnt really have one (except for maybe cena)

heres the wrestlemania legends IMO:
hogan- headliner, draw, and icon of the first few wrestlemanias. known as the first superstar of wrestlemania. in TNA currently
steve austin- the man who revived the wwf and wrestlemania, the DVD referred to him as the man who gave the "rebirth" of wrestlemania. currently retired
shawn michaels- mister wrestlemania. the man who steals the show at wrestlemania. currently retired.
the undertaker- the man with the 18-0 streak. enough said. i think its common knowledge that hes on his way out soon. next year could be his last wrestlemania
john cena- today's version of hogan. the DVD said his picking up where austin left off so, like him or not, he is sorta in this category. the only one present today.

so with that being said, when the undertaker is gone, the questions im asking are:
1) is wrestlemania big enough that it does not need future legends?
2) is cena enough to carry wrestlemania with his stardom?
3) and the most important question, if it does need future legends and "wrestlemania superstars", who are the next superstars that would be synonymous with wrestlemania?

IMO
1) no, i think its the superstars that made wrestlemania and i think its the superstars that is going to continue to bring it prestige
2) no, cena can draw but wrestlemania needs more than him for the event to be different than a regular PPV.
3) if only JoMo could develop some personality, he could be the next star that can make the show exciting, like HBK. Daniel bryan and CM punk could be said the same, except punk has the charisma. and as much as i hate to say it, the miz could be a future wrestlemania star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back