Wrestlemania 28 Theme music discussion (KEEP IT ALL IN HERE)

"Invincible" or "Wild Ones"?

• Invincible - Machine Gun Kelly

• Wild Ones - Flo Rida

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr. HD

High Definition
[YOUTUBE]U7Mn3RtGHWs[/YOUTUBE]

This is the WM 28 Countdown they played last night during The Royal Rumble.

The song is "Invincible" by Machine Gun Kelly

What do you guys think of it?

Could they have done better?

Are you a fan of Machine Gun Kelly?

Anything else, please explain.

Me personally, I don't like Machine Gun Kelly's music at all. I think he tries a little too hard to make the flow his own and ends up sounding generic, bland and just meh. But that's a debate for another time.

What drew me into it is the Chorus and how it went so well with the beat. I'm really liking the beat and the chorus more than anything. Props Ester Dean's voice. Just like last year's Theme, the Chorus is what made it that song so memorable IMO.

I feel like they could've done something else. They could've gone with another rock song or something. Listen to how awesome the Royal Rumble theme was. I would've liked to hear that.

Just my two cents.

It's growing on me and I like it the more I listen to it mainly for Ester Dean's chorus which you alluded to as well. For me it just kind of takes some getting used to having rap songs with pop choruses at the theme music for WWE's biggest pay-per-view. I'm a rock fan, always have been and always will be and I have always thought rock and wrestling were a permanent fix but they've been using rap/pop songs more often than not these days. However I think it fits the build up to Rock and Cena's match just perfectly. The video package last night put that on for display.

If you look at the past 3 Wrestlemania songs, you'd see that they've all had a similar feel to them. "I Made it," "Written in the Stars," "Invincible"--the general feel around these songs is about defying the odds and being triumphant; which in a way, sort of symbolizes the over-all mood that is show-cased at Wrestlemania.

A Superstar is at Wrestlemania for a reason--the WWE believes that they could put on a good enough show in order to further reflect the nostalgic feel that is generated out of Mania. It's the grandest stage of them all, after all. And for a superstar to believe that it was written in the stars, and then having finally made it, you can sure as hell bet they feel invincible.

As far as the genre goes, you can't blame WWE for picking these types of songs. They're a bit more mainstream than your average rock song chosen; besides, songs be pretty catchy.

If you look at the past 3 Wrestlemania songs, you'd see that they've all had a similar feel to them. "I Made it," "Written in the Stars," "Invincible"--the general feel around these songs is about defying the odds and being triumphant; which in a way, sort of symbolizes the over-all mood that is show-cased at Wrestlemania.

A Superstar is at Wrestlemania for a reason--the WWE believes that they could put on a good enough show in order to further reflect the nostalgic feel that is generated out of Mania. It's the grandest stage of them all, after all. And for a superstar to believe that it was written in the stars, and then having finally made it, you can sure as hell bet they feel invincible.

As far as the genre goes, you can't blame WWE for picking these types of songs. They're a bit more mainstream than your average rock song chosen; besides, songs be pretty catchy.

Guess you're right. I guess the inner Nostalgia Kid in me remembers when they had so many catch rock songs for WrestleMania except for WM 21, 22, and the past two Manias like you said.

I guess since WWE is more Entertainment these days, these songs kinda fit in with the Themes of the last few Manias.

It's bleh, to me. Not memorable, which is a death blow to a theme song.

Even if I didn't like a previous song, I might remember it. I don't like the style of music, anyway, but that's nothing to do with it. I didn't like the style of music of last year's theme either, but I remembered the song easily, it stuck with me.

I think it sounds like it will be a good theme for the event. The chorus is very catchy and I like the beat, both of which are things a great Wrestlemania theme needs. Last year's song was pretty good too for the same reasons. I am glad they are branching out lately instead of going with generic rock songs. Wrestlemania needs a great song to help promote it. I don't know many people who are more likely to purchase a PPV event that gets promoted with boring music. While it isn't as good as last year's song, I think they made a good choice with this track if that is the one they will be promoting the show with.

I had not heard of Machine Gun Kelly before this, I might check out some of their other tracks now. The name "invincible" is fitting too. I completely agree with Super Awesome. It will fit in great with tracks like "I Made it" and "Written in the Stars". I don't know if this is the official track they are going with though. Sometimes it changes between The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania itself. I recall that Wrestlemania 25 first got promoted with Kid Rock's Cowboy at first, then of course it changed to AC/DC's Shoot To Thrill instead. If WWE do decide to go with this track then they made a good choice.

As seen in John Cena's video package at the Royal Rumble this theme song will undoubtedly be synonymous with Cena himself or his match with Rock by the time Wrestlemania is over.

I like it, in fact I think it's better than Written in the stars and on par with I made it. The beat and the rap part is catchy but the Easter Dean part I can't get out of my head, so I guess that a sign that I love that part. Much like most of the theme songs of the Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania itself it fits the triumphant feel of the Road to Wrestlemania. The tile "Invincible" goes really well with Cena and the story of him purposefully ignoring and rising above the hate given to him by the anti-Cena fans. The lyrics again go well with the feud and the underdog role of Cena against the universally loved Rock.

A fitting song for Wrestlemania, it might just make it onto my music library after Wrestlemania.

Machine Gun Kelly? never heard of him, I thought it was Rihanna.

And last year WM track was Tinie Tempah (spelling), personally me being a rock/metal fan I am getting sick of RnB/rap/getz-me tracks being used for wrestling ppv's even more so than when its for wrestlemania.

I remember when kid rock/limp bizkit/motorhead/killswitch engage were used for ppv theme tunes, who can forget crack addict by limp bizkit (cant remember if was used for WM though)

But I guess they must cater for all tastes, and not lean towards one type of music, even though in the past limp bizkit were announced as "WWE's Favourite Band" before they came on to do Rollin' for Undertaker at WM.

But as of recent it has been mostly RnB/rap/getz-me tracks being used more often than not.

Survivor Series some bloke called Flo Rida, and who can forget the debocle of Summerslam with C-Lo Green and Gail Kim had to come out in a mini skirt and embaress herself by dancing whilst he was singing (her last straw before leaving WWE IMO)

I loved the song when i heard it for John Cenas promo. Being a long-time cena fan the promo solidified why i like cena, not like that was needed however. the song is a nice song to get started on at the gym...and to end it on my current playlist aswell, I feel this and tinie tempah's song last year were both great choices.

Royal Rumbles song was great aswell. :)

Simple question, which of the two WreslteMania 28 themes do you prefer? It seems as if the WWE have given "Invincible" to Cena, and I think it fits his character perfectly, especially the chorus:

"I hear voices in the air
I hear it loud and clear
They’re telling me to listen
Whispers in my ear
Nothing can compare
I just wanna listen
Telling me
I’m Invincible
"​

I think this part sums Cena up really well, he hears all the complaints but he just wants to listen to the compliments being whispered in his ear. The other song, "Wild Ones" just seems to have been given to Rock for no particular reason.

Personally, I prefer "Invincible" as it has more of a big fight feel, and "Wild Ones" sounds like something you'd hear on your local radio station in the morning. So, the questions are,

1. Which song do you prefer?
  2. Why?
  3. Do you agree that "Invincible" is a perfect fit for Cena?

We all know Super Cena thinks he's Invincible.

But I would have gone with this.....

[YOUTUBE]aWxBrI0g1kE[/YOUTUBE]

As Cena is heavily in support of the US troops, and that song is about going to war, which Cena says he has in past matches over the years, would have been better fitting IMO.

As for a theme song for WM28 I am not a fan. It doesn't get me pumped up like previous years have done. I think it will be great as a new entrance song for Cena as it seems more reflective of him however I dont think its suitable as a theme song.
As I think others have said I think they need to use a heavy rock song I personally think "Midnight Hands" by Rise Against. But just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back