Wrestlemania 28 Show Stealer

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
We are twenty-eight days away from Wrestlemania 28.

Sure, we don't know all the matches as of yet, but we have a rough idea at this stage what is going to go down. Booked so far is the highly anticipated meeting between The Rock and John Cena in the Main Event. The Undertaker's Streak goes on the line against Triple H for the second time in a row, this time in a Hell in a Cell; details about this bout are yet to be confirmed but Shawn Michaels may feature in some role.

"Best In The World At What/Everything I Do" Chris Jericho takes on "Best Wrestler in the World" CM Punk for the WWE Championship. Sheamus will meet Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Championship in a match which was dropped from last years Wrestlemania card. Plus, Cody Rhodes' Intercontinental Championship will be on the line when he defends it against Big Show at the big show.

Rumoured bouts include Kane vs. Randy Orton or Team Laurinitas vs. Team Long for control of both RAW and Smackdown post-Wrestlemania. A lot of names are yet to be booked so this match would be ideal to get a whole host of them in for one big cluster fuck.

But in your opinion, what match is going to steal the show this year? Almost every Wrestlemania has that one stand out match. With a lot coming to a head at this years Wrestlemania you're hardly left without many options. Could be the brawl which will surely be Undertaker vs. Triple H. Could be the meeting of two great wrestlers in Punk and Jericho. The match, probably seen as a dark horse by some, but definitely possible, Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan. Or will it be the sheer atmosphere and excitement of The Rock vs. John Cena?

Question is very simple, what match do you think will steal the show at this years Wrestlemania, and why?

I wanna say Jericho and Punk but im gonna say Undertaker Triple H will steal the show because they have been put into the best situation.
Rock and Cena will close the show. I dont care what anyone says that will be the match that ends the night. Jericho and Punk and Taker vs HHH will be 2nd or 3rd. Jericho Punk will be an unbelievable match but it wont have the crowd burnt out. However the Undertaker Triple H match very well could. It pretty much did that last year, i barely could watch the matches after them going at it for 40 minutes. I think Taker and Triple H will most likely have the crowd a bit burnt out for Rock Cena, and unless Rock Cena do something really special happens the match everyone may remember is Undertaker and Triple H.

I think Punk and Jericho will steal the show and put on a mat classic. I wouldn't mind seeing a stealing of moves a la the attitude days when the Rock might do a stunner on stone cold and what not. Maybe Punk could put Jericho in the Walls to make him tap out. Just to really prove the point he is better.

The show stealer at Wrestlemania 28 next month will be the Hell In A Cell match between the Undertaker and Triple H. This was a tough call, because I think that so far, it looks to be a superb PPV with quality from start to finish, with more matches yet to be announced. But the show stealer will be Triple H/Taker.

The Rock versus John Cena should be an epic match up, possibly one of the highest profile and most anticipated matches in the history of Wrestlemania. But after a year of hype and anticipation, they will be hard pressed to live up to the anticipation this match has generated over a twelve month span. It will be awesome, and I'm really looking forward to it. But it will be upstaged.

I think that Punk/Jericho may be the most technically sound match of the evening, and it will be nice seeing the gold around Jericho's waist again, but I don't think this match has generated the extent of interest that the WWE thought it would. Granted, there's still nearly a month to go to build for this match, but I think it too will be outdone by the HIAC match.

I'm loving the other announced matches. Bryan/Sheamus should be fantastic. Rhodes/Show will be solid as well. Would love to see Beth/Kharma in there, but I don't think it will happen. If not, the divas match will be typically meh. Team Laurinitis versus Team Long, or Kane/Orton (if these matches are indeed added) should all be terrific.

But I think the HIAC match steals the show. I think Taker's health is suspect, but I still think he has ability to give it his all for one huge match up, and with his alleged new look, he should be creepier and more eerie than ever. Triple H can definitely still go, and I think he will be more than motivated to bring it on the grandest stage of them all. Both of their previous matches were entertaining, especially last year, and I think both men will dig in deep to outshine their effort of last year.

And, for the first time ever, I think the legendary streak ends this year. I hope I am wrong, but for the first time, I am starting to believe that Taker is ready to hang up the boots for good, and I think he won't have the streak ended by just anyone. I'm not so sure that Triple H will fall victim to Taker for a third Wrestlemania loss, and I think this outcome will shock those in attendance and those watching on PPV. This will be a long, physical marathon, and the shock of the finish, combined with the effort of two aging veterans, will make this one the show stealer of the evening.

punk vs jericho.
i know its going to steal the show, cause they are the best two out of three workers in the wwe right now. In my opinion taker/triple h wasn't the best match last year. It was just too drawn out for what it was. And this year i don't see it being any better. Triple h isn't a good enough worker to go over punk jericho. Now rock vs cena is going to be good, but again, i don't think the rock is that good of a worker.

So its an obvious choice for me.

I think Taker/Triple H just because of what is at stake. This could very well be Taker and HHH's last match if they go all the way. Punk vs Jericho is gonna similar to the WrestleMania IX match between HBK and Y2J, because its not the main attraction but it was one of the best matches of the night. Eh, Rock vs Cena I seeing this obviously being the last match on the card. I think that it will get a reaction like Hogan vs Rock at Wrestlemania X8. Either way the WrestleMania 28 card is shaping out to be a good one.

Triple H vs Undertaker will overshadow every other match except the Rock vs Cena and you know why. I hope they place this match at the very best spot for the great crowd reaction. I want to hear 80000+ going wild for one of the greatest match possible. This has been built the right way and with involvement(if) of Shawn Michaels, people will surely look forward to see this. I must say I never thought taker's streak will be at great trouble as it is now.

I can assume Jericho vs Punk being the most technical match in the whole card. They need to make this the best. I hope they get at least 25 mins to put on a great match.

I can see this WM 28 being the best ever if they deliver!

When trying to figure out what will likely steal the show, one must take a look at the entire card, match by match. We only know half or so of what the official card will look like so far, but I doubt anything yet to be announced will top any of the already announced matches. We all know the match everyone has been talking about on the road to Wrestlemania is the epic dream match we have all been waiting for in John Cena VS The Rock. However, I don't think that will be the only match everyone will be talking about after the show ends.

Big Show VS Rhodes is surely not going to steal the show. It's just a chance to continue to make Rhodes look great and become prepared to take the next step in his career, and Shaq might still get involved somehow. The GM match probably will not either, as it is just a way to further the GM angle while using everyone who was originally going to end up in the MITB match. Orton/Kane if we get it should be a solid match, but it won't steal the show. Other matches we might see include a potential US Championship defense, a tag team title match, and a divas match. None of which will come even remotely close to stealing the show.

3 matches on the card have a chance of stealing the show, in my opinion. Bryan VS Sheamus, Jericho VS Punk, and Taker VS Trips. It will depend on how the matches are booked and how much time each receives, but any of these can potentially steal the show. I have my doubts on Bryan and Sheamus getting as much time as they deserve though, and Taker VS Trips is only worth seeing again due to the Hell In a Cell stipulation being added. That leaves Jericho VS Punk. They are two of the best in the world at what they do, both in promos and in the ring, the potential for their match is through the roof. People may be expecting a bit too much from the match they will have, but if anyone is going to steal the show Steamboat/Savage style, it's Punk & Jericho. Rock & Cena may be getting the Wrestlemania moment, but the best MATCH will probably be the WWE Championship match given how extremely talented the two wrestlers are.

I am going Cena and Rock to steal the show, even though they kind of have already stole the show(?). Sure Takers and HHH match will be historical and sure Jericho vs Punk is going to be an awesome match but those two matches don't feature the two biggest names of the attitude era and the pg era in Cena and Rock and also haven't had over a year to prepare for the match. Vince will make this nothing but spectacular. There are so many possibilities for this match that it hurts my head. Who goes over? Does Cena turn heel? Will Rock comeback? Will there be any intereference? Just because of the unpredictability and the star power I guruantee that this match will be the best on the show, and probably one of the greatest matches of all time.

I am going Cena and Rock to steal the show, even though they kind of have already stole the show(?).

That's the point. For anyone else to steal the show, they'd have to steal it from Cena vs Rock.....and I don't think any other contest on the card is going to do that. This is the match we've anticipated for a year; in fact, perhaps longer than that since it seemed for a long time as if it could never happen since Rock was no longer a wrestler. This is yesterday vs today; a dream match for wrestling fans. Even if you "hate" Cena, there's something for you here.

Other matches at WM could be great shows in themselves, maybe even showstoppers.....but nothing is stealing the card from Cena vs Rock.

STRAIGHT UP............
Although WWE is actual promoting CENA Vs. ROCK as the mainevent match at WM 28, but Undertaker vs. Triple H "HELL IN CELL" match along with C M PUNK Vs. CHRIS JERICHO, although both being quiet under-rated compared to
JOHN Vs. ROCK; these 2 matches are going to stand up on part of the chemistry the opponents in both matches have against each other........
NOT ONLY THAT undertakers wining streak at WM 28 also is on the line which always keep us interested...

CENA V. ROCK: ON ROCK POPULARITY AND HATE FOR CENA WAS BOUNDED TO BE SHOW STEALER....but show stealer on both part of wrestling and the "entertainment" will be ........... UNDERTAKER Vs. TRIPLE H ( 5 star match indeed).

This is a hard question to answer because there are so many good performers on this card (as there really is every year).

Obviously, the best bet is CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho. They are definitely going to put on one hell of a match and I am sure it will be one of the best if not the best.

I am going with (seems like a few are) Undertaker vs. HHH. These two KNOW the business. They both know how to tell a hell of a story in the ring and they both are put into a situation here that will lend itself to stealing the show. Of course, if for some crazy ass reason Trips wins the match, then obviously that is the ONLY thing the IWC will be talking about for weeks. UT is going to win the match, but it should be a total classic.

HHH vs Taker - the history, the ability of these two, HBK as guest ref, this will be the match that steals the show. Fact is it was the best match at last year's show, blowing away the Cena-Mizz Main Event (though that was more the fault of the bookers giving them only 10 minutes then having a screwjob ending). Fact is, Taker has been stealing the show, or coming very close, almost every match since WM 17. His battles against Flair, HHH, Batista, Edge, & HBK have all been the best or close to the best matches at each event. Shawn Michaels might be "The Showstopper" but when it comes to WM it's Taker you can count on to deliver a show

It's a tough call considering the talent that's already been booked to perform at the event. From a strictly technical standpoint, I would call Punk vs Jericho to be the one that steals the show. You've got two of the company's best current wrestlers with a lot of pride. They will undoubtedly go out there and put on a damn fine match. I've seen some of their past work together a few years ago and I've never seen anything I didn't like. Also, while I don't think it will steal the show, I think Bryan vs Sheamus will exceed everyone's expectations simply due to how good the both of these men are in the ring. I don't think the WWE has garnered as much interest as they thought they would in regards to this match so far but there's still time to do so. I think this match will be the dark horse of the card.

I think that Jericho and CM Punk will be the best match as far as Wrestling talent goes and in ring talent. These two will show pure, unadulterated talent.
The Taker match will probably be the more brutal match or seemingly so. But it will hold a high amount of interest because it's the streak. Even though HHH doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of ending it.
The Rock and Cena will probably steal the show with the live crowd and possibly even with the casual fan. I mean, it's the f'n Rock. The nostalgia alone is noteworthy. It's the same way when The Rock faced Hogan. It wasn't a clinic but it was damn good entertainment.

For me, its gonna be Jericho/Punk, for the simple reason that Sally pointed out; whatever matches are on the card, they have Rock/Cena to compare to, and while that certainly won't be the best wrestling match, it'll be the best event of the night. I would, however, put HHH and Taker with that, for the simple reason that we know what to expect. It's gonna be special to watch and is going to be brutal.

For me, it's like this; both Rock/Cena and HHH/Taker are marquee matches that transcend the title scene, and are on a different level of expectation. So it's really a case of the best of the rest. And not in a bad way either, because Sheamus/Bryan and Jericho/Punk should, and I have no doubt will be, excellent matches. Rhodes/Show? Not sure. It should be an interesting match, if nothing else.

But out of these confirmed matches, the one that sticks out as the one that could tear the house down is easily best in the world vs best in the world. Jericho has had stellar matches all throughout his career, and Punk has been involved in some amazing matches in the last 12 months, including but not limited to his matches against Cena, Ziggler, winning the title off of Del Rio, and his Mania match last year.

Everyone will talk about the events that are Hell in a Cell and Cena/Rock, but they'll be amazed by the wrestling match that is Punk/Jericho.

I'm heading to Mania and the match that is exciting me most is still Cena vs Rock. The atmosphere alone should make that a Mania match for the ages. Hell, Rock Vs Hogan was a crappy in-ring match but, with that atmosphere, it was THE show-stealer of Mania 18 (Same for Hogan Vs Warrior at Mania 6).

Taker Vs HHH should be good but, from a live point of view, I'm not liking that I'm going to have to watch one of the big matches of the year on a screen (the Cell is a bastard to watch in person IMO).

I'm keeping hopes down for Jericho Vs Punk because, although it has a chance to be the best wrestling match on the show, it depends what Jericho shows up.

Jericho, when on form, is top draw, no question. However Jericho has been known to become sloppy at times and I have a feeling that match won't live up to billing. Plus Eddie & Rey said their match at Mania 22 was gonna top their match back in WCW (can't remember the event) and it didn't even come close, which was mainly due to Rey's mask and wrestler nerves. I could see that happening to Jericho/Punk.

Either way I shall be whooping and hollering all night...I'll even pretend to care about a Diva's match if they add one!

I guess some of us are a bit confused as to what a show stealing match really means. Basically it refers to a match that is not being touted as one of the major attractions of the show but ends up being the match of the night anyhow. For example, the main attraction of WrestleMania 3 was Andre The Giant vs Hulk Hogan but Savage vs Steamboat ended up being the best wrestled match on the card and so it is reffered to the match that stole the show. Same with HBK/ Ramon at Mania 10 whose main attraction was the title situation between Bret/ Yoko/ Luger.

So, I do not feel that you can label any of the three biggest promoted matches ie Cena/ Rock, HHH/ Taker or Jericho/ Punk as show stealers because everybody expects these three to be great matches and WWE is also banking on these three being the best three matches of the night. All three are being promoted very heavily, yes even Jericho/ Punk got some decent airtime two weeks ago.

The matches that I feel have a very slight chance of stealing the show are Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan and Orton vs Kane. Sheamus/ Bryan isn't being promoted heavily but both guys are good workers and they had a pretty decent match on Smackdown a few weeks ago. I expect both guys to bring their A-game to WrestleMania.

Randy Orton has been the best in ring performer in 2011 and he had a very good match with Kane on Smackdown which was Kane's last match without the mask. I expect a similarly intense match, possibly more intense with Kane being a full blown heel as compared to the last time when he was also a face like Randy.

Still, I do feel that it is going to be very hard for a match to steal the show this year because I expect the best match to come from either Punk/ Jericho, Undertaker/ HHH or Cena/ Rock.

I think it'll be Punk vs Jericho. Triple H & Undertaker work a slow style now because of their current age, & Rock & Cena will pull off a great match, but not the best technical one, so I gotta go with The Best In The World.

i think 3 matches will steal the show, taker and hhh will be great..the rock cena match will be awesome, but the best match will be punk and jericho, they are the 2 best in the world, and this match will go down as one of the greats, similar to savage steamboat at mania 3, but all 3 we be great

well i can tell you which match i really want to see and would be the reason i would order WM 28, it would be undertaker vs triple hhh in a hell in a cell bout with Shawn Michael's as the ref. i personally like this match more cause taker and HHH are 2 of my favs, plus Shawn Michael's adds more drama to everything! The match is perhaps the biggest on the card.

On the other hand the show will be stolen by rock and cena, i mean that's the big match this year, that's the big attraction, it's not jericho and punk going at it for the title, it isn't 2 legends colliding in a match that could end a era, it isn't sheamus and daniel bryan going a it for the WHC, it isn't Cody Rhodes taking on the guy who has injured lot's of people recently...... (yeah i went there), it isn't gm's taking each other on(easily the lamest match on the card), it ain't even kane taking on Randy, the majority wants to see the rock take on John Cena.

I think that the match that should start the show,Bryan/Sheamus, will steal the show. Simpily because you have two very different wrestling styles. Sheamus is the brawler,powerful and unstopable face. Bryan is the sneaky,technial and cowardly heel.

I have a hard time believing any of Rock/Cena, Punk/Y2J and HHH/Taker can steal the show because they're all highly anticipated. If you want to further boil it down, Rock/Cena is obviously the biggest attraction of the show but the other two feuds are also being paid a great deal of emphasis to.

To me, there is only one possible match that can steal the show, realistically. The Divas match, Kane/Orton, Show/Rhodes and the tag match aren't going to be wrestling classics. Sheamus/Bryan is the match, despite being a WHC match, that's not being given a great deal of importance to but has the potential of turning everyone's head and giving them a match to remember. Another thing that's in question is how long they let them go, the longer the better since they can fulfill their potential without stamina and pacing being an issue. Bryan is great in the ring and Sheamus isn't shabby either and even though, they both have two very contrasting styles, it can still possibly be a show stealer.

It's kind of like WM 19. The match that stole the show was HBK/Y2J because the three matches that were considered the biggest, Rock/Austin, Lesnar/Angle and Hogan/Vince couldn't have possibly stolen the show since they were so hyped. Hell, I'd say HBK/Y2J was better than all of them regardless of how much they built up the rest.

HHH/UT will steal the show. Too much emotion and two guys with too much pride for them not to go out and blow people away.

However, I think Ace/Playa has could steal the show if they add a tornado or hard core element to the match.

If i was to pick a match. To steal the show. AT RASLEMANIA. It would have to be Team Lauranitis vs Team Theodore Long for the complete control of the dubya dubya E.

Why?

Because of yours truly.

MR FERGUSON.

nah that is too easy. The match has something that the other matches wished they had. The all important 'sense of urgency'. A term thrown around so loosely that it hangs by a string. Long has been General Manager for seven years. Seven Long Years. He loves that job and we as fans. As friends want him to stay in that job. The smackdown role is his and will always be his. He made it his own. Through his catchphrases, relationships with Smackdown Wrestlers and his defiance that his brand 'friday night smackdown' is the best. Now his role threatened by the new man. That everyboday hates. The smug cocky John Lauranitis that everybody just wants to punch. Lauranitis has built up his heat for months now. Perfected his persona down to a tee. As the injuries pile up and the heels gain a new found hunger, T-Long loses his grip on his beloved show.

This is where it's all the line. 12 of the best superstars that this company has, handpicked by the respective gms. Two jobs on the line that mean so much to each man. It reminds us all of survivor series 2003. Well to some extent. What makes this match so great is the sense of urgency and the importance of the role to each gm. You can see in their promos the desperation that man has in retaining his job. So much can be done with stipulations. One is already in place with Christian. Thus making the match more important for him. Giving him a reason to fight. Team Lauranitis all have a bone to pick with Long. They all hate him just like team Bishoff hated Stone Cold. Teddy long is over enough for the people to care about his job survival. All he needs is a star. The HBK of the team. Rey Mysterio is a perfect fit. The reason why this match will steal the show is for the same reason why Team Austin vs Team Bishoff stole the show at Survivor series. What is at stake. When a match has something at stake. It automatically gets the crowd invested.

Yours Sincerely MR Ferguson.

FERGUSON

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back