• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 28: Randy Orton VS Kane

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
20120306_WM28_kaneorton_C.jpg

It's official. WWE has announced that Randy Orton will be facing Kane at Wrestlemania 28. Both guys have he potential to put on a solid match, so I am expecting this one to be rather good.

What are your thoughts on this match? Who do you think will win, why?

It's not quite a step up for Orton from his undercard matches against Punk or Legacy in previous years, unless it happens to go on towards the end. I would personally rather have seen him in a world title match but sometimes things don't work out that way. Kane has been doing great ever since he came back remasked and has shifted his focus from making Cena embrace the hate, to instead going after Orton. For Kane, on the other hand, it's a huge step up from where he was last year in that awful excuse for a tag team match with Santino against The Corre. I can see The Viper emerging victorious in this one, Kane is great at putting others over so it wouldn't be the first time and Orton usually wins anyhow.... Although that prediction may or may not change between now and the show itself.

This should be a good match Orton can make anybody look good against him even if Kane is slower in the ring now than he was. He can also still pull off some good moves and make this match look good with Orton carrying him along. But what interest me most about this match is the exchange of words on smackdown friday and what Kane said.''The WWE is not big enough for both of us'' and ''I need closure'' Is Kane hinting retirement at mania?. But I will be going to the revenge tour in Manhcester, England on 14th April and he is advertised for that event so seems unlikely but I still think people might speculate on the possibility of Kane bowing out.

I have mixed feelings about this, because I see it going one of two ways, depending on how long that WWE wants to keep Orton out of the title picture:

1. Orton decisively wins...which means that Kane's whole job now is to randomly target top tier talent and then lose to them at the next pay per view. If sheamus doesn't win the title, he'll probably be next.

2. This is going to end in count out or DQ, which means we'll see the match again (or a stream of matches) with some sort of gimmick added. Gimmick matches with Kane tend to be brutal but boring.

But I guess I digress, since the purpose of this post is about the upcoming wrestlemania match itself. I think it will be nice to see kane in a non-gimmick match, and I expect this one to be decent. I just hope there is more reason built into why we should care about the outcome, between now and wrestlemania.

I am happy to see something refreshing like this. Two top tier guys in a World title worthy main event bout, on the undercard.

The only thing that's missing is a stipulation or specialty match. As of now, we only have one! We need atleast one more especially to make up for MITB not happening. I say they make it an Inferno Match if Kane is hinting at retirement or not, as one poster stated. It'd be a great match to book with him talking of decimating Orton and I dont see it lasting long as a feud much like Cena. It could end at Extreme Rules, but I see an Inferno Match being the way to go, ending this at Mania.

I dont see Kane being done though in a retirement way as implied in a way by his comments. The reason I dont see Orton/Kane being this drawn out program is because I expect Kane vs Ryder @ Extreme Rules where Ryder can get revenge with weapons on Kane and it's more of a believable win. Kane should win @ Mania as neither him or Show have had that big win, and while it's not a title bout, he could atleast win one damn match at Mania.

Orton has many more Manias to compete and win in, he can lose this one, not that I'd be pissed if he loss, as most of the card I'd be happy either way.

I'm just happy to be going, but the card can really use one more specialty match and with the rage these two have and the brawls that have broken out and watching how they beat the hell out of each other, it definately is the best match to have a specialty match for aside from the HIAC bout.

Inferno would be nice, atleast if not that something along the lines of a Stretcher Match. Last Man Standing or No DQ is too damn basic, this is Mania. Two specialties being HIAC & Inferno would be fucking awesome.

I also think it cool if Kane loss and later on in the cell when HHH is down out of the ring and maybe HBK is knocked out along side Taker in the ring, Kane storms out, rips the door off the cell and comes face to face with Taker and chokeslams DX, him, or all of them and leaves the ring just to give us a flashback feel for the very first HIAC

Randy Orton in his third year in a row midcard match. Disgraceful. I canm only assume this is his punishment for failing another drug test a couple of months ago. WWE need to have him on the card, he is too valuable to leave off. But his paysay will be decreased significantly being so low on the card in a match that he is obvioulsy going to win. Kane just put over Cena, he cant very well go over Orton. This is just a throwaway to get both guys on the card. Orton could have been used so much better, an interpromotional match with The Miz I believe would have been more beneficial to both guys, playing off Ortons downward spiral since Miz won the WWE Title from him 18 months ago. Kane should be thankful he has a match on the card at all.

These were my thoughts on the build up in another Kane/Orton thread.

This feud would've made more sense had Kane feuded with him right away. If Kane really wanted to seek revenge for what happened 6 months ago, he should've went after Orton for humanizing him, making him shake his hand but instead they brought him back for a filler feud with Cena to kill time until The Rock came back. That's fine since they clearly didn't want Cena in the title picture and wanted to make him look strong heading into WM and a resurrected Kane seemed like a good choice to help him gain momentum. After Kane loses the feud, all of a sudden he just sets his sights on Orton? Don't quite like it. It seems as if it was thrown together at the last second just to get these two a match at WM since they had nothing for them. I'm not digging the reasoning, just a hand shake isn't a good enough justification which makes the build up a bit questionable. I would've liked a reference to 2003 perhaps to make it seem like Orton's interference was the reason Kane lost his mask in the first place. That would give Kane another reason to go after him because quite frankly, Kane from 2004-2011 was a shell of his former self and had lost his true essence. After re-gaining it, it makes more sense to go after the man who cost him the mask in the first place.

I also think they should add a stipulation to the match because the match as it is, is not going to quite cut it. A street fight and the use of weapons would enhance the match and Kane could thrive in that situation. He's not really a good in ring worker at this point, a bit sloppy and slow paced. Orton's great in the ring so no complaints about him. The match they had in July last year is something decent and that's the level they should be aiming for Mania.

As for who is going to win, I'm not quite sure. I think this angle is going to go beyond Wrestlemania which makes me think Kane might go over with Orton winning the feud later. But, Kane's a pretty selfless guy and having Orton lose might be a low blow since for the third biggest star company, this is the third year in a row where he's having a relatively low profile match compared to others and working in the mid-card. Hell, this match might go in the undercard.

I was extremely disappointed that Randy wasn't added to the WHC match. Not only does he deserve it for being the face of Smackdown all year, he's been on the undercard at Mania three years in a row now, and Sheamus and Daniel Bryan get absolutely lost in the card. Anyhow, the match will be good. Randy nor Kane ever really put on bad matches. I expect a stipulation to be added like No Holds Barred or Falls Count Anywhere, or something of the sort.
My gut feeling is that Randy wins, but at the same time Kane losing two feuds in a row makes him look so weak. So I'm not too sure who gets the W

Okay time for another 10/10 A+ post by yours truly.

Kane is a jobber. He has been a jobber since 2003. Beating Kane gives the wrestler zero credibility. The Win matters little. It matters nothing. Beat Kane is like beating Jack Swagger. So it means nothing. I mean when was the last time Kane beat anybody in an important match?. Randy Orton on the other hand is the 2nd biggest name in the company and the best wrestler on the roster. He carried Smackdown on his shoulders last year.

Now this is where this match annoys yours truly. Orton as the biggest star should be fighting the second biggest star (Bryan). There is no reason why he shouldn't be. The match would be great and it would serve as a reward for Ortons hardwork in making Smackdown watchable. Instead Orton has been thrown into a half assed match with a jobber. The match could open the show. There is no heat and there is no chemistry. Kane was just fed to John Cena. What makes us think he has a shot vs Orton. Its clunky. It's ugly and it will suck.

Orton deserves better.

Kind regards, MR ferguson

I am yet to see a point to this "feud". It's not even a feud! There is barely a back story, barely any effort by either guy and they both deserve better than this. Doing an MITB would have been of more use with Orton, Kane and other top wrestlers not involved in Mania.

I think that this match is PERFECT for two top notch stars that are not in any real long term feuds and storylines right now.

I mean to think that a Randy Orton vs. Kane match at WrestleMania is at best the No. 5 match on the card goes to show how solid the card is.

Both of these guys are good in-ring performers which is all that matters here. This match is not going to elevate or lower either one of these guys, but obviously these guys have to be on the WrestleMania card because the fans want to see them.

I expect it to be a VERY solid match with two very good workers giving their all. I have no problem with this one at all as it gives both of these guys a good quick feud while creative takes their time getting them into a longer term project.

As for who will win ... I am pretty sure that Orton goes over here. But, I think it might be better for Kane to get the victory. Orton's spot is safe regardless, but if the monster goes down in flames in back-to-back feuds upon his return it definitely hurts him. So ... I just changed my mind ... Kane goes over.

Well at the very least, this puts the both of these guys on the Wrestlemania card. You can't really just leave them both off considering Kane just came off a rather high profile feud with John Cena and Randy Orton... is, well, Randy Orton. The match itself should be okay. Orton does a good job making his opponents look good and if their No DQ match from last summer is any indication, I have hopes that they'll be able to top that with or without a stipulation. As for who goes over? Orton seems to be a safe bet though I think it would be more beneficial to see Kane go over. In addition, I don't think this feud will end at Wrestlemania so Kane winning could open up the possibility of a face Orton getting his redemption later on.

Also, this is my pick to open the event. It seems to be the logical choice considering the match has very little backstory to it and doesn't even involve a title. Just long as the world title matches don't go before this, I'll be a happy camper.

Orton's not being punished. He has been injured and came back just in time for Mania. They can't leave one of their biggest stars off the card so they fit him into a lower calibur match. Orton wins a back and forth contest since he is the bigger star. Kane doesn't need the win.

Orton's not being punished. He has been injured and came back just in time for Mania. They can't leave one of their biggest stars off the card so they fit him into a lower calibur match. Orton wins a back and forth contest since he is the bigger star. Kane doesn't need the win.

I see it the other way, with Orton being the bigger star and Kane loosing at Elimination Chamber I say Kane needs the win here to make his new persona look strong. Also if they want this feud to last after WM, it makes sense for the heel to go over so the face can get revenge later on.

Well at the very least, this puts the both of these guys on the Wrestlemania card. You can't really just leave them both off considering Kane just came off a rather high profile feud with John Cena and Randy Orton... is, well, Randy Orton.

Pretty much this. Given how the rest of the card has shaped up this is a logical match. Orton is too big a name to just be thrown into a twelve man clusterfuck and this also keeps the world title match a singles match. I hate triple threat title matches at mania. I would have liked Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio but obviously ADR hasn't been healthy enought to get involved in a mania angle. This looks like the best possible scenario. It will probably be Kane's best mania match in ten years, although that's not saying much. The only thing I don't like is Kane's latest heel turn (which I think marks his milestone 100th heel turn) has been done the same way it always is. He was becoming soft and needed to bring back the monster. Been there, done that. Regardless this should be a decent match.

Okay time for another 10/10 A+ post by yours truly.

Kane is a jobber. He has been a jobber since 2003. Beating Kane gives the wrestler zero credibility. The Win matters little. It matters nothing. Beat Kane is like beating Jack Swagger. So it means nothing. I mean when was the last time Kane beat anybody in an important match?. Randy Orton on the other hand is the 2nd biggest name in the company and the best wrestler on the roster. He carried Smackdown on his shoulders last year.

Now this is where this match annoys yours truly. Orton as the biggest star should be fighting the second biggest star (Bryan). There is no reason why he shouldn't be. The match would be great and it would serve as a reward for Ortons hardwork in making Smackdown watchable. Instead Orton has been thrown into a half assed match with a jobber. The match could open the show. There is no heat and there is no chemistry. Kane was just fed to John Cena. What makes us think he has a shot vs Orton. Its clunky. It's ugly and it will suck.

Orton deserves better.

Kind regards, MR ferguson

I agree with most of what you have to say. I think the match up is a result of Orton's injury/returning and Barrett being injured now. I believe that if Wade Barrett has been around to compete at Mania we would be seeing Orton/Barrett or even like you say Orton in the main event.

As for Kane, the WWE did a great job bringing him back and making him seem like the scary monster he once was. I nearly forgot the fact that during his last run he'd be beaten by almost anyone including Rey who is about half his size. I can only see an Orton win with an RKO.

Personally i think, Orton at this point is in his prime. Kane is way past it, so WWE should have Kane in a match to give someone push, Orton doesnt need it. But Orton has no other opponent.

I was disappointed that Orton didn't get added to the World Championship match, but at the same time I'm quite happy for Kane in the fact that he gets to face the second top guy in the company at a WrestleMania.

It wouldn't be logical to leave both of these men off of a WrestleMania card considering Kane just came off a feud with Cena, and Orton all though was hurt recently seems to be fine now, it just wouldn't make sense to leave them off the card, or to put them into the 12 man tag match which is sure to be a cluster. Both deserved a singles feud, and well they got stuck together.

I have no problem with the match, but it should be interesting to see how the outcome plays out. If Kane is to lose, then his whole resurrection with the mask was put to waste. And if Kane is to win... what's next for Orton? Do these two possibly face once again at Extreme Rules? Both men could use a win at Mania greatly, and neither can afford to lose.

I'm disappointed with the build for this match. I also feel bad for Randy Orton. He clearly deserves better than this. He's a multi time World Champion and for the third year in a row is stuck in an undercard match for Wrestlemania, but at least he made it onto the card. They could have done a lot more for this. Kane attacked Orton over a HANDSHAKE from a year ago? Also.... They failed to explain Kane moving from Cena to Orton so randomly. I get it, Cena needs to focus on the Rock, but still. Kane's GOT to be in this for more than anger about a handshake from a year ago. Come on! That is some of the laziest booking I have ever seen.

They could have used this as an excuse to explain why Kane returned wearing a mask and why he has become so interested in getting top guys to embrace the hate. I'm not expecting anything incredible here. It will probably end up falling a bit short like Orton's match with Punk last year. I can see it going on 3rd or 4th, in the middle but leaning toward the beginning. Kane puts guys over all the time, so my vote goes to The Viper to come out victorious in this match because he needs a strong win in order to get back into the world title scene. It won't suck, but it probably won't be spectacular either.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Randy Orton will defeat Kane.

This should be a solid brawl. Anyone expecting a technical masterpiece can go fuck themselves. This is straight up going to be a ten minute fight. Kane is coming off his high profile feud with Cena, and Orton was just kind of floating around out there. It's a shame that Orton has been getting the short end of the booking stick the last few years at Mania, so hopefully something big is in the future for him. I'd be shocked if this ends in anything but an Orton victory.

I agree with Dagger in that I wish Randy Orton had a little more to do at this year's Wrestlemania. It would have been nice to see him in the World Heavyweight Championship match in some capacity, or maybe he could have been in a match culminating a feud that could've been a bit bigger (Christian, perhaps, if he was healthy?) than this one with Kane. The reason I feel this way is because I think Orton's had a pretty big year, arguably one of his best, so I just figure that he'd be involved in something a bit more special at 'Mania, but I guess it just didn't shake out that way. As for the match itself, Orton and Kane are both solid in the ring, so it should be a decent match. Orton will most likely win, and he should. I think this match could've been made better though if they had just made it a Hardcore or Falls Count Anywhere match. I don't think anyone is expecting the two to put on a wrestling clinic, so why not put them in a match that will emphasize their style of brawling? It'd make the match slightly more special and entertaining in my opinion, and I think people would be looking forward to it more if it were a Hardcore or Falls Count Anywhere match. The only reason why that I think it is not is due to the fact that they don't want to take any of the "specialness" away from the Cell match, which will probably feature a lot of "hardcore" action. So while I guess that makes sense, I still would have liked to see Orton/Kane in a Hardcore or Falls Count Anywhere match, but obviously that's not happening.

This is gonna be a good one. A solid brawl from start to finish. While I agree with some on the Randy Orton situation, I don't think putting him in the World Title Match would've been the best course of action, but that's a thread for another time.

I get the point of where this feud is coming from. Kane's trying to reinforce his Monster role and it won't complete until he takes out certain people and Orton looks to be next on that list.

That being said, this brawl is probably gonna get a good 10-15 minutes and will be all over the place. But at this point, Kane doesn't need the rub so I'm giving the win to Randy Orton.

Because of a handshake from last summer. This is the only match that I think isn’t as predictable as the rest. I don’t think this feud ends here and I think the match ends with Orton taking the chokeslam for the pin. The rest of the show looks like it’s very easy to call out each match but there needs to be a heel that wins a match on here other than Team Johnny. Kane vs. Orton is a feud that doesn’t make a lot of sense so therefore the feud needs to go on longer than most of this show right?

I like this side of Orton; you know, the side where he isn’t always holding the brand’s top title. Not that I have a problem with Orton being Champion but being that over, he should use that to help get other superstars over – the ones who aren’t necessarily always near the title picture. Without the title, Orton can be paired up with just about any midcarder to help establish some up and comers like Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett. While Kane is the furthest thing from an up and comer, he’s found a new character and he needs putting over. Kane is fresh off a feud with the top wrestler within in the company in John Cena; what’s the harm in being paired up with the next best thing in Randy Orton?

This feud sorta started oddly but managed to draw me in for some strange reason. It didn’t need much talking and there wasn’t much talking but these two have managed to deliver with the small amount of direction they’ve been given. I don’t see Orton losing here as his loses are few and far between. Orton does not need to lose to put Kane over; just being in a feud with someone as over as Orton is enough. I wish this match would have included some type of no disqualification stipulation as Kane seems to do better in those types of match ups. Nonetheless, Orton is one of the WWE’s best in ring wrestlers. If anything, this should be on of Kane’s best Wrestlemania match ups since WM18. Safe bet - Orton wins.

Hamler’s Prediction – Randy Orton will defeat Kane

Prediction: Orton.

Kane should win this match is because neither of them will lose anything from a loss. When was the last time Kane had a win at Wrestlemania? I mean singles victory, not that joke of a Tag Team match last year. The answer would be Wrestlemania 24 where he beat Chavo in 34 seconds to win the ECW Championship. I believe this feud will last a few months, so Kane getting the win could further the feud.

But hell, who am I kidding. Orton will win.

You can tell this wasn't Orton's original WM opponent. Just look at his last couple of his WM non title opponents. The build with Punk started at the Royal Rumble when he cost Orton the title. Same thing with Legacy. They were showing signs of breaking up months before WM.

A couple of the dirt sheets were saying that Orton original WM opponent was going to be Alberto Del Rio.

I thought they could of done much more with this feud. Unless they are saving that stuff for after WM. They might have a no holds barred or last man standing match at Extreme Rules.

I'm going with Orton winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back