Wrestlemania 22. Review.

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
a few days ago I did reviews for 23 and 24. I’m going to be going backwards with this.. I’m going to be reviewing the wrestlemanias from the 2000s and 2010s first.. then going on to the 80s and 90s.

Now this wrestlemania right here? Just middle of the road.. there was something missing from this show, the match quality was decent. But this wrestlemania right here was a sign of things to come in a bad way..

Match 1. Carlito and masters vs kane and big show for the tag team titles. The best that you can expect out of these 4 guys,
(1 out of 5)

Match 2. Money in the bank, rvd wins a pretty good money in the bank match, not as good as 21 but it was decent, to me rvd was very very stale he desperately needed a heel turn, but I still was happy for him and was glad he won.
(2 out of 4)

Match 3. Jbl vs Chris Beniot. Decent match
(2 out of 4.)

Match 4. Edge vs Mick Foley. This stole the show this was a really really damn good match. Kinda Mick Foley’s last great dance at a wrestlemania, and was a big time signature moment and wrestlemania win for edge.. even though I’ll argue it really should have been edge vs Cena.. it is what it is..
(3 out of 4) Match of the night.

Match 5. The boogeyman vs booker t. Such ashame how they treated booker t.

(1 out of 5)

Match 6. Trish stratus vs Micki James. Don’t care.

Match 7. Undertaker vs Mark Henry. Now I knew going in to this that there was no way in hell henry was ending the streak. But Henry was a big enough deal to wrestle the undertaker at wrestlemania and this was a big spot for him.. such a shame though that they weren’t willing to give him a title until 2011. But the match? (2 out of 4) it was okay.

Match 8. Hbk vs vince. This was a fun match you can’t expect much though.

(2 out of 4. It was decent)

Match 9. Rey vs Kurt vs orton. World title. This whole storyline was stupid!! Rey wins the royal rumble!! But then he loses his title shot to orton at no way out? but then teddy says he’s getting his title shot at wrestlemania, See how stupid this was? And You threw Randy Orton into this for whatever fucking reason!! The match was too short but it was fun while it lasted but the whole storyline was so dumb with the Eddie stuff etc. (2 out of 4)

Main event. Cena vs triple h. I knew there was no way in hell hhh was beating Cena. It was just a matter of how much hhh would do his best to get Cena over.. and this was a bad sign of things to come you could clearly see the crowd was rejecting John boy but the wwe didn’t care vince was like yeahhhh this is the future dammit like it or not.. so even though the match wasn’t terrible it was a sign of things to come in a bad way.
(2 out of 4)

So even though this wasn’t a bad show there’s always been something off about this show this is when the product was dipping somewhat it wouldn’t take a nosedive until a few years later Though.

Overall? C+. Just average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back