• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wow, Raw Rating

Orton has now surpassed Cena as the most bland over superstar.
Atleast Cena's raps were funny as the splits.

Doesn't WWE usually fall into a bit of a slump around this time every year, seems to me for as long as I can remember, things always seem to drop off a bit after Summerslam and don't really begin to pick up again till the Rumble

It was weak last night but I really liked the week prior to that. The PPV schedule is making it hard to get into anything because we have to come off NOC and start up on HIAC immediately.

I actually thought Monday night's episode was pretty good.

The rating will be a blow but I thought it was one of the better episodes in a while.

What I think part of it might be also is that since things are going to be settled so quickly at HIAC and there's no time for buildup some people might not watch because there's no time to build anything that's worth seeing.

First of all, whoever said that it being a taped show makes no difference, you could not be more wrong. Taped WWE shows historically bring in a noticeable difference in ratings. Always have.

Secondly, xfear, if Raw drawing in the 2s means the show is crap, wouldn't that make shows like ROH pure and utter shit, since they can't even draw a .2? And yet, have you not always defended those shows as being quality? It seems to me you're contradicting yourself.

Third, to blame this on Orton is completely stupid, considering he's been champion for only two weeks.

Fourth, if you don't think Monday Night Football had anything to do with this, you're stupid.

Fifth, no one in the WWE wants to see a 2.37 rating. But at the same time, do you REALLY think Vince McMahon is trying to draw bad ratings? I saw someone say "well, now maybe they'll book competently", how stupid of a comment is that? Do you really think these guys are intentionally trying to tank their own show and put themselves out of business or out of a job? C'mon, get real already.

Sixth, justin was right, if wrestling fans aren't bitching, they're not happy.

Orton is pretty uninteresting as champ and in general.

Bryan and his feud with Miz is awesome though, too bad they had to stick John Borrison in it.
Morrison's gonna start out-popping your boy. Better watch out.

That's a lie. Have you seen parkour routine?
OK, he's terrible on the stick and when it comes to differentiating himself without the use of furry clothes and flashy movements. Yeah, he's entertaining, but he's nowhere near main event-worthy, and if you ask me Bryan is just way better than him.

Of course not, Armbar. Have you see how many kids there are at WWE events? Dude would pop right through his zipper.

OK, he's terrible on the stick
He needs more experience in front of the live audience. He's fine when nobody is around, as shown by the Dirt Sheet or the occasion he mocked Jericho's catchphrases. He just has a public speaking problem. He needs experience. And, ideally, materially that doesn't involve Braveheart.

He should be promoing at every live event just to build his confidence.

If someone's not good at something but has potential, they should be guided towards improvement, not written off.

OK, you have a point there. I just...I dunno, I just really don't get his appeal. You know how you have those wrestlers that you know you should like, but just can't? That's Morrison to me.

Am I really the only person who believe that ratings suck for both WWE and TNA because nobody gives a fuck about professional wrestling nowadays? I firmly believe that there wouldn't be a huge jump in ratings for either company no matter how awesome the shows were. It could help slightly, but until the general population gives a fuck or at least acknowledges anything pertaining to wrestling, ratings aren't going to be too hot.

I'm surprised people still feel compelled to put ratings and match results under a microscope.

Look at it this way. Right now, the kiddies who are watching right now are in what I like to call the Hogan period. When they grow up, and WWE caters someone to their older profanity, nudity and alcholic tastes, the general masses should all flock back to wrestling and we will enter the Austin period.

So if anyone's to blame for this, it's these damn children for not growing up fast enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back