• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown Rating

*sigh*

One week doesn't prove a single thing. It doesn't prove Christian is a bad draw, it doesn't prove Orton is a big draw. It says SD had a bad night and that's about it. If Christian had held the title 3-4 weeks and they stayed this low the entire time, then yes it might mean something. This however says that SD had a bad night and that's it. I'm very skeptical about Christian as a draw and trust me, it has little if any correlation at all.

Norcal pretty much summed this up. Lunacy on top of lunacy.

Smackdown's rating has been consistently dropping for over a decade. I theorize that it has more to do with normal people not wanting to watch four hours of wrestling than anything else, but regardless of the reason; how is this news?

Looking at a couple of weeks in isolation is just about as good a way to completely waste your time as you can get. It's not like the show hasn't bottomed out significantly multiple times every single year... you probably have enough data to 'prove' that everybody on the roster doesn't draw by now.

If you actually look at ratings information in detail then what you discover is that it really matters very little who is the world champion. This isn't the 1950's NWA.

That being said, if you are going to try and dissect TV ratings then you generally need months and months of data to draw any kind of rational conclusion. Beyond that all you produce is guesswork, and uneducated guesswork is seldom accurate.

Or maybe the show just had a bad night. But then again, this is the IWC, and my theory would, you know, make sense.

Orton has more effect in ratings. If you're gonna say Christian was champ so he is responsible, then the past couple of weeks with no champ must have had a zero rating.

either that or you may say Having no champ is better than having CC as champ, which says a lot about you.

i was thinking maybe spoiler reading angry Christian fans didn't tune in, which would be interesting to debate.

It really isnt an interesting debate. That group of people likely makes up at most, about 1% of the veiwing audience.

You think only 1% of WWE fans read spoilers? You don't have to be a tech-savvy internet fanboy to find spoilers, any eight year old fan can type "WWE Smackdown" into Google and get the spoilers in five seconds.

A whole lot more people read the news sites/spoilers than just "smarks".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back