• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wow, Raw Rating

Macca

The Sunflower Samurai

That's the lowest rated regular episode of Raw since 1997, 13 years old.

Now this can't be blamed on the show being taped, because quite frankly, how much of the regular audience knew that?

I'll give Orton the benefit of the doubt this week with the football on, but if the next Raw, after yet another PPV comes and goes and it's not back up to a 3.0, then Sheamus needs to Brogue Kick his way to yet another WWE championship reign, immediately.

Taped shows offer almost no difference in ratings than live shows Thriller. The WWE routinely scored insane ratings in the 6's and 7's with taped shows from 98-2000.

Terrible rating, indicative of the shit product for the most part. If it weren't for the Miz-Bryan feud I wouldn't really give a shit about the WWE at all right now. Hopefully they take this as a sign and decide to start booking competently. This whole Nexus thing has been a joke.

Taped shows offer almost no difference in ratings than live shows Thriller. The WWE routinely scored insane ratings in the 6's and 7's with taped shows from 98-2000.

One could even say they put a lot of butts in the seats.

Oh by the way Thriller, I remember you saying you weren't getting the hype about Bobby Fish in the EVOLVE thread before, you should ABSOLUTELY check out the match he had with Danielson at Evolve 4, ****+ easily, AWESOME match and Fish wasn't carried at all.

Oh by the way Thriller, I remember you saying you weren't getting the hype about Bobby Fish in the EVOLVE thread before, you should ABSOLUTELY check out the match he had with Danielson at Evolve 4, ****+ easily, AWESOME match and Fish wasn't carried at all.

I just watched that, funny enough, this weekend and was very impressed. I wanted to be a stickler for selling, but he did a great job in that match. The Callahan/Cannon match was terrible though. Good thing Jacobs and Taylor woke me up before the main event.

Whaaaaaat? I liked the Cannon-Callihan match, very interesting match-up with some VICIOUS strikes.

As for the taped shows thing, I'd venture to say many more people look up spoilers online now then they did back then, so that could affect the ratings more than you think. All the taped Raws recently have done badly, if I remember correctly.

Taped Raw + Good MNF Game = Low Raw Rating.

Basic arithmetic.

They've managed to stay away from the 2.5 section every other year that football's started up. What's different this time?

I personally think the horrible booking of Nexus is also partly to blame. People can say that it made sense to have Cena go over at SummerSlam and that Nexus still had a lot more steam in the tank, but the fact is the gimmick deflated right after that, or least creative allowed it to. They were an unstoppable legion that run roughshod over anything and anyone in a surprise manner. Ask yourself when the last time a Nexus segment was shocking? Yeah, right after SS. At this stage, Triple H needs to be revealed as the GM and mastermind of Nexus to get the shock machine working again. And they shouldn't be giving Barrett the WWE title while in Nexus, it would only show Nexus to be even more of the one-WAY BARRAT-show then it is now.

They've managed to stay away from the 2.5 section every other year that football's started up. What's different this time?

Close rivalry game with one of the biggest markets (Chicago) involved

I personally think the horrible booking of Nexus is also partly to blame. People can say that it made sense to have Cena go over at SummerSlam and that Nexus still had a lot more steam in the tank, but the fact is the gimmick deflated right after that, or least creative allowed it to. They were an unstoppable legion that run roughshod over anything and anyone in a surprise manner. Ask yourself when the last time a Nexus segment was shocking? Yeah, right after SS. At this stage, Triple H needs to be revealed as the GM and mastermind of Nexus to get the shock machine working again. And they shouldn't be giving Barrett the WWE title while in Nexus, it would only show Nexus to be even more of the one-WAY BARRAT-show then it is now.

This is just a down time of the year. The big PPVs are over since Survivor Series doesn't really have the same prestige it used to, so viewership will be down. The taping and the game definitely cut into the audience, but I don't see what is so terrible about the booking that would hurt the ratings. If Nexus really is the problem, the ratings will jump next week when whatever changes come from the Cena/Barrett matches go into effect.

You're still missing the point though. They've had this down period every other year and yet never went this low. Quit making excuses, there is none when they've never had their ratings drop like this before.

As for the Cena/Nexus, it will be interesting to see, however if a Raw with a brand new face WWE Champion can only get a 2.7, then I don't hold out much hope for it, regardless of Cena joining Nexus or Nexus dissolving.

Who cares? WWE is shit right now...if competition isn't an incentive, then maybe being booted from USA for reruns of Monk might do the trick.

Orton is pretty uninteresting as champ and in general.

Bryan and his feud with Miz is awesome though, too bad they had to stick John Borrison in it.

Gasp!! Don't say that, dammit!

monk(1).jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Bears vs Packers was on Monday night. That alone kept me from watching RAW. As I've said before, it's a whole hell of a lot easier to DVR RAW and go back and watch it later then it is to DVR a football game and go back and watch it. Until there is a bad game on Monday Night Football, and people begin to lose interest in the new Monday line-up of shows on other channels, the RAW rating is going to suffer.

Well gentlemen, we have no choice.

Every American who is in a city where a football game is being played, needs to call in a bomb threat 5 minutes before kickoff.

It's your duty as wrestling fans.

Well gentlemen, we have no choice.

Every American who is in a city where a football game is being played, needs to call in a bomb threat 5 minutes before kickoff.

It's your duty as wrestling fans.

Hell no! They're not tr00 fans, so I don't wanna mix with them sheep. HxC fans only!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back