• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would You Want A Master Return?

Would you want a Masters return?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Extract

chris-masters-the-masterpiece.jpg

This, for those of you that may not know, is Christopher Mordetzky. AKA Chris Masters. He was in WWE from 2005-2007. He was released 6 days after after his 2nd violation of the wellness policy.

He was later brought back in 2009. But, of course, after two years of jobbing, he was released. This, to me was a surprise, because he was pretty popular for a jobber. Here is a video of his 2009 return:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2jW8XygBPo

I always loved Masters and would love to see him back. So would you want to see Masters back in a WWE ring?

no i dont care to see him in the WWE!! Seriously where would he fit in? You cant put him in any feuds because of his wellness policy violations! that to me is a huge red flag with that said i wouldnt mind seeing him in TNA at one point! I think he could do okay overthere and yes he is talented. He has the look but in the WWE just doesnt have the it factor IMO

He only had one violation didn't he? Or was it two? I can't remember, but since WWE released him he came back and had something interesting, then it dropped.

I loved Chris Masters and it's still funny how he's still in his 20's. I'd like to have him back as a heel, but the only gimmick I could see working with him is what my buddy Cody has right now.

You could book him like Owen Hart though, the guy is solid in the ring. WWE just had nothing to give him.

It's funny how almost everyone from that 2005-2006 era is gone.

I have never been a fan of his. He always seemed slow and limited in the ring. Just another big guy with a lot of muscle but lack of actual wrestling ability. I wouldn't want him in WWE as a jobber or at all. There is to many young talented stars waiting for their big break. I'll admit he was surprisingly popular for being a jobber in his last run but i never could understand why. Besides the look he has nothing to him. If he wants to go to TNA then sure.

Masters has yet to ever get a really fair shake in the WWE. I'm still interested in seeing what he can do. He improved so much by 2011, and they cut him for no reason.

I always liked Chris Masters. Wouldn't mind seeing him back in WWE, but I'm surprised he hasn't shown up on TNA Impact yet. He always reminded me of Lex Luger. Big and muscular, did the entrance pose down, finisher was a submission. :)

His Superstars feud with Tyler Reks was awesome. His ring work was some of the best I'd seen in WWE. He was selling really well, and put together really great babyface comebacks in the ring. The guy has a great look and was getting great responses from the fans in his last run.

He was doing really well as the good guy blue chipper and had put togetehr a really great old school type move set that really worked. He and Reks worked a great Program and I would really like to see him back in the WWE.

He was resigned to WWE the second time becasue he was great friends with Randy Orton, but snce Orton is in the dog house at the moment, I don't think he has anyone who can fly his flag anymore.

I would say TNA should move him from Ring Ka King onto their main roster but they should invest in pushing Magnus who is the same sort of character and is working well at the moment.

To do what? His last two stints went nowhere. He has all the charisma of driftwood and his whole gimmick was being a generic musclehead. When he got dinged for a wellness violation that was the end of his gimmick.

The tattoo is pretty sweet and could become part of his gimmick if he went to a "machine" type thing... oh wait... they have Ryback... oh well maybe not lol.

Seriously, Masters is one of those guys who will pop up every now and then when WWE needs to shuffle its jobbers round. With a repackaging he could easily show up, if they can take Skip Sheffield to Ryback then Chris "The Machine" Masters isn't too far a stretch...

I was disappointed when he was released again. He worked very hard the second time around and it really showed. Even he was surprised when he was let go. He never got a fair chance when they brought him back, so why they hired him was beyond me.

I'd love to see a Chris Masters return, he's still young and is solid in the ring and plus that new tattoo just adds to how awesome he is. Hopefully sometime in the future he gets in touch with WWE and resigns, then hopefully they do something meaningful with him.

I don't doubt the kid's great attitude and work ethic, but I was never a fan. Never thought there was anything exciting or interesting about him or his matches. I don't need to see him back.

i would say yes because the wwe could use him now but im going to say no because he ruined his left arm with an awful tattoo

I doubt we will see chris masters on wwe,tna or roh after he got that really distracting tattoo

he was great in ring ka king too playing his wwe gimmick

before you vote yes or no you should check out his new tattoo http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2w6dsTnjg1qetjf6o1_500.jpg

This is by and large the dumbest fucking reason I have ever heard for not wanting to see someone wrestle. Wrestlers as a whole have some shitty tattoos.

As far as masters goes, I can't honestly vote on it because I just don't know. I remembered before he got the first violation that he was getting alot of attention and appeared to be on the verge of becoming one of the main stars on the roster and he was really growing on me.

After that I didn't really follow him much because I never used to watch smackdown back then when he did his second stint and I don't watch the ring ka king stuff. I think the only way I could judge if I wanted him back is if he CAME back for a bit either in WWE or TNA.

I would not be interested in a Chris Masters return. He was boring and uninteresting. They pushed the Master Lock challenge like crazy in his first run, but then after Bobby Lashley survived it they kept doing challenges and it just felt even more pointless. His second run was even worse. Why? He started makig his chest dance onscreen.

I would rather have Hornswoggle for a World Heavyweight Champion than see Chris Masters return. WWE would be cruel to make us sit through Master Lock challenges or his chest dancing again. That eliminates both his face and heel personas. I don't even think he should come back as a jobber, they have plenty of jobbers. Didn't TNA try to recruit him? He might have better luck over there.

I would like to see Chris Masters return to Wwe, he was a great Wrestler and entertainer but as usual Vince McMahon and the creative team dropped the ball with him.

He should come back and this time Vince should push him into the Main Event picture and eventually have him win the World Heavyweight Championship.

I for one would love Masters to return. I think he's good but he most probably got lost in the sea of Jobbers that WWE still currently has, he would have been overlooked at the time with jobbers such as Dibiase, Santino, Hawkins, Ryder and McIntyre he would have easily been the easy choice to cut. I dont care that they dropped Kozlov, Melina etc. But Masters had just recently had a decent rivalry with a somewhat unknown Tyler Reks, which made them both look pretty good, it actually made me want to tune in and watch Superstars each week. Masters did win most of the matches and inevitably we knew that it wouldnt go anywhere but it was still worth watching Superstars for in my opinion.

They maybe should have milked the little bit of popularity that Masters had at the time which perhaps could have lead to bigger and better things for his character, it was perhaps maybe a missed oppurtunity. They have JTG, Curtis etc on NXT who to me are the real mediocre talents that should have been let go at the time.

Seriously, what's up with all the "do you want [mid-carder] to come back?" threads around here? As far as I'm concerned, David Otunga can and is doing exactly what Chris Masters did before. I just don't see where there's room for Masters or any of these other random jobbers that people clamor they want back. Look at how many guys they can't fit on the program as it is. What's the point?

He improved so much by 2011, and they cut him for no reason.

No reason that we know of, anyway. So many things happen behind the scenes that we'd have to be a fly on the wall to know what's truly going on in WWE, as opposed to what they tell us.

When Masters was released for the last time, I wondered whether he had flunked his third drug test and the company did him a favor by not publicizing it when they dumped him, rather than destroying what was left of his reputation in the industry.

Does that sound improbable? Maybe it is, but I was surprised that TNA .....who seemed to welcome substance abusers from WWE.....didn't pick up Masters. I mean, why not? The man was pretty good in the ring, he sold for others, and he seemed willing to job until his time arrived. I like the way he looked, especially after he (allegedly) got off the juice.

Sure, I'd like to see him back.....but to wrestle.....not to flip his pecs at ringside, for gosh sakes.:disappointed:

I wouldn't mind seeing the Masterpiece again on WWE tv. I loved his work in his second run. Wasn't he slated for a huge push before they let him go? Makes you wonder why.

Not really. There wasn't anything particularly special about the guy. Pro wrestling is full of good looking tanned guys with good builds. Masters was pretty decent inside the ring, his matches were usually featured on Superstars and were generally worth watching.

However, when it's all said and done, hardly anyone really misses Masters. There are lots of wrestlers on the roster that are just much better overall than Masters ever was from what I saw. Sure, WWE can always use jobbers but jobbers aren't hard to find.

My answer is simple: No. The guy was decent in his first debut. We almost bought into his Romanesque stone chizzed statue like physique and his entrance was kind of cool like a Roman Emperor but that allure died out real fast with his full nelson lock challenges week in and week out then after getting caught for obvious steroid use he returned alot smaller and tried a booby bounce gimmick? did anyone think that would sell? Geez that meant a quick goodbye for the Master. I never knew he was in TNA as I dont watch TNA but boy does Ring ka King sound like a terrible alias. Either way, masters is Trash and I rather not see him ever return

I don't think Chris Masters will ever be seen in a WWe ring again, which is a real shame because he learned from his wellness violation, became a talented in ring performer AND regained his physique through acceptable means.

However, through no fault of his own, he made Triple H look bad. After his first violation, Masters returned with much less bulk to the extent that Hunter made an on-screen jibe which many Wrestling commentators picked up on and pointed out how inappropriate it was for a member of the establishment to be chiding someone for following the very doctrine they laid down for him. Even more embarrassingly, Congress picked up on it...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/793868-chris-masters-how-a-promising-superstar-was-chewed-up-and-spat-out-by-wwe

Given TNA's lack of heels and Chris's RKK run, I have been somewhat surprised that he hasn't appeared on Impact as yet. I'm wondering if this is maybe around WWe holding the intellectual rights to both the 'Masters' surname and 'The Masterpiece' nickname - possibly they are looking to copy the WWe and repackage him in some way, ignoring his time 'up North', an absence from TV would aid this somewhat but still doesn't guarantee that he'll not get chants referring to his past (just ask Tensai).

Just to address something that I hadn't spotted prior to posting: I really doubt that Masters was back on steroids prior to his second release - he hadn't gotten bigger during his second stint and, to my knowledge, it is part of the wellness policy to release all failings so that the whole process is open and transparent. No point kicking the guy after, to all available sources, he has made great efforts to be the consummate professional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back