Would You Have Stuck With Wrestling

The Brain

King Of The Ring
Let's say WCW actually put the WWF out of business in 1997 and didn't turn to total shit in 2000. Do you think you would have remained a wrestling fan? I was always a WWF guy and just a casual WCW guy. If WWF went out of business I don't think I would have remained a fan for very long. It's hard to imagine life without wrestling but I doubt I would have stuck with it. So would you have remained a wrestling fan if WCW won the war?

Like you, I've always enjoyed WWE exceptionally more than any other federation. I'd probably continue to watch, though, because I seemingly inherently love wrestling.

No, I'm a WWF/E guy and always have been. Never cared much for WCW or TNA. Apart from Sting nothing ever interested me from WCW. I probably would be more into another sport like UFC if there was no WWE.

I always liked both growing up, but leaned more to the WWF then the NWA. I'm quite competent that the incompetency of WCW would have eventually killed the business in the long run if the WWF was put under. WCW had a helluva an eye for talent, but couldn't make new stars at all (few exceptions here and there).

The first wrestling I ever watched was late WCW. I therefore have fonder memories than most sitting through things like Goldberg's heel turn and Billy Kidman beating Hulk Hogan straight weeks gleefully. I would've watched for a while longer but I may not have returned to it after my long break as I did this time around.

Personally, I think I would have still been a wrestling fan, but I can't be sure. I never watched WCW when it was on. I was a hardcore WWF mark and was exclusively loyal to their brand. But that being said, I quit watching WWE (and all wrestling) for a long time because the show just kept getting worse and worse (not sure the year, but it was a few months after HLA).

Then I discovered old ECW a couple of years ago and started watching TNA last year when they had the ECW guys come in for Hardcore Justice. I have loyally watched ever since. I've tried to watch WWE again too, but now I find it really bland and I can't get into it.

Odds are If WWE went out of business, I would have given watching WCW a try and as long as they didn't do something horrible like WWE did (HLA, Kiss my ass club, etc), I probably would have never stopped watching wrestling in the first place. So I'd say yes i'd still be a wrestling fan.

Billy Kidman beating Hulk Hogan straight weeks
WTF? Kidman never beat Hogan one on one, only once in a 2 on 1 handicap match with Mike Awesome (what a push!). To avenge that horrible burying loss, Hogan had to beat Kidman twice on PPV to make sure age is the relevant factor for card position. If anything, Kidman should've beat Hogan much more often.

Probably. I'm a newer fan, but watching both companies back then, I preferred who WCW had than what the WWF had, despite the obvious lack of booking quality in WCW. :shrug:

The first wrestling I ever watched was late WCW. I therefore have fonder memories than most sitting through things like Goldberg's heel turn and Billy Kidman beating Hulk Hogan straight weeks gleefully. I would've watched for a while longer but I may not have returned to it after my long break as I did this time around.

WCW was barely on in the UK. It was on TNT at a random time (like 12:34 or something) or channel five had something like Thunder where they actually Batman Powed chair shots.

I hated WCW for that.

WCW was barely on in the UK. It was on TNT at a random time (like 12:34 or something) or channel five had something like Thunder where they actually Batman Powed chair shots.

I hated WCW for that.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously? Picturing that is too funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back